[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> There must always be a lich king What did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
> There must always be a lich king
What did he mean by this?
>>
That there must always be a lich king
>>
>>388676917

Did you watch the cutscene nigger?

Without a Lich King the Scourge would run rampant throughout Azeroth
>>
File: witch doctor.png (695KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
witch doctor.png
695KB, 1024x768px
>>388676917
that's not really true anyways, i mean all you have to do is NOT go near the guy that is the current lich king and NOT touch any of his stuff and then no one will be turned into the lich king right? just put him in a big hole so he can't get out and there you go no more lich king technically speaking, just leave him down there and forget about him.
>>
>>388677163
How? They can't swim
>>
>>388676917
They liked the 3rd pirates of caribbean movie so they wanted to copy it.
>>
>>388676917
>I'm sitting on like a fuck ton of ghouls dude and if you push me off the throne it's just fonna ger worse.
>>
>>388677515
That's not the point of the saying. The scourge is basically telepathic zombies. Without a master, they just kinda dick around aimlessly. Bolvar took control of the scourge to stop them from killing everyone. If bolvar just walked away, the scourge would just kill everyone through the numbers arthas amassed
>>
File: Bolvar_Fordragon_comic.jpg (430KB, 961x1135px) Image search: [Google]
Bolvar_Fordragon_comic.jpg
430KB, 961x1135px
>>388676917
Can someone explain this to me?
What happened to Ner'zhul when Bovar took up the helm?
Is the new lich king both bolvar and ner'zhul? Is ner'zhul just gone? If he's gone why dont they just call bolvar bolvar instead of "the lich king" because its not like his personality is merged with the orc to create a new being...
>>
>>388678240

Ner'zhul Infused himself into the helmet. Ner'zhul is still there but there needs to be someone that can withstand his corruption that puts on the helmet and holds the scourge at bay.
>>
>>388678240
Arthas threw Ner'zhul into Frostmourne. They can't call him Bolvar because as far as the world is concerned, Bolvar died in ICC. Remember how the only people who know about it in universe are Tirion (Dead) the DKs (Super dead, but also loyal) and the original ICC raiders (Who might be dead, or not, but they're probably sworn to secrecy.
>>
>>388677163
So... The Lich King could have won at any point but didn't?
>>
>>388678683

Yes but remember Yogg Saron was also corrupting Arthas
>>
>>388678683
He had doubts, hence him luring the atrongest champions Azeroth had to face him so he could kill them all himself and turn them into his strongest minions.
He thought it better to have them all taken care of beforehand in case Tirion had more Light Ex Machinas like at Light's Hope
>>
>>388678683
No, the Lich King's plan was to unite Azeroth under the scourge so the planet would be better prepared for the next Legion invasion. Letting the scourge run rampant would have accomplished the opposite.
>>
File: 1481999107613.webm (881KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
1481999107613.webm
881KB, 624x352px
>>388678812
>Has doubts he can take on the world with his limitless army
>Has no doubts about inviting 25 of the best of the best of the best to solo
>>
>>388679007
mask you somethin
>>
>>388678968
Eh that was more KT's schtick. Arthas was never the sharpest ghoul in the Necropolis, hence the Scourge going to shit when the Archlich, Lich Lord of the Plaguelands, the Lord and Master of Naxxramas, Leader of the Cult of the Damned, Creator of the Abomination, Hearthstone Enthusiast, and Majordomo of the Lich King died.
>>
>>388679007
>Launch invasion
>Heroes are spread out and holding back your forces in various areas
>Have to deal with them one by one, all the while with Tirion ready to gank you like at Light's Hope

>Invite them to your house
>Kill them all to make DKs
>Invasion now goes evem faster than before
Logistically, he would have probably won either way. He just took what seemed to be the safer route.
>>
>>388679312
But Ner'zhul had his soul torn out and tortured by KJ before he was bound to the helmet. Revenge is his entire motivation.
>>
File: 1443021795025.png (10KB, 327x173px) Image search: [Google]
1443021795025.png
10KB, 327x173px
>be human
>killed by Arthas
>raised as his zombie minion
>one day gain free will
>follow this hot elf chick
>get killed again (or some shit)
>become Arthas' minion again
>find out he's being a big meanie
>break away from his control again
>go join up with hot elf chick again
>go take the fight to Northren
>slap Arthas' ass with 24 other dudes
>get slapped back
>Arthas intends to make you his minion....again
>>
>>388677163
Yeah and it still makes no sense. The Lich king is dead, so how are the undead supposed to be a major threat when you beat them organized and commanded, and confined to a frozen wasteland?

>>388678812
Of which there is multiple quests,and a fucking book, that outrigtht say Arthas is in control and dont fucking care. The ending spit on all that.
>>
>>388678776
It always made me mad that they never really explored this more beyond a small sub-part of the yogg-saron fight. I wish they would have shown more old god influence over the scourge considering the entire fucking citadel is made from his blood.
>>
>>388680256
are you talking about the lore of the playable undead? they didn't die a 2nd time, when you first spawn its made quite clear its the first time you've ever woken up as an undead in both classic and the cata revamp
>>
>>388679312
he's a lich, and his phylactery is still missing. blizz will write him back in at some point.
>>
>>388680608
undead death knight
>>
File: dj.jpg (61KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
dj.jpg
61KB, 576x576px
>>388676917
The Dutchman must always have a captain
>>
>>388680482

Well I mean I agree. I still like how Yogg's corruption spread to the ore (Saronite) and drove those who mined it insane. I found that to be pretty cool
>>
>>388680404

I mean the doubts about the scourge not being a major threat can be relieved by looking at the Culling of Stratholme. Infested grain can turn the biggest town into a scourge infested stronghold within a few days
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.