[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Playing for the first time with gog version, any mod I should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

Playing for the first time with gog version, any mod I should have before going in?
Also Bloodlines thread lads.
>>
>>388676214
latest unofficial patch is enough
>>
iirc gog version will ask you to install unofficial patch during setup
just make sure you use the basic version
sadly there aren't any good mods
>>
Admit it, /v/, have you tried cheats in this? I did. Not in my first playthrough, but for a later one, being an uber-vampire with half a dozen disciplines is fun.
>>
>>388676841
Yeah I've done a cheat mode run. Managed to beat the werewolf in a "fair" fight through the use of Celerity, Fortitude, and Potence all at 5 dots.
>>
>>388676841
Never, maybe next run
>>
>>388677509

Can't you do that with just the bug in the character creator?
>>
>>388678745
I know the one you're talking about, but you can't put points in disciplines you don't have. But if you use the console commands to give you dots in a discipline your clan doesn't ordinarily get, you can spend exp to increase them normally.
>>
>>388678993

Oh, I didn't realize there wasn't a clan with those abilities.
>>
>>388679198
Yeah, Brujah get Potence and Celerity, but nobody gets all 3 fighty disciplines. Which is probably for the best.

You know I've never tested Thaumaturgy on that furry fucker...
>>
>>388676841
I haven't, literally every single boss in the game is cheeseable or a joke.
>>
>>388679598
If you've ever played with a serious min-maxer, you're happy when they just make a low-gen Caitiff with all 3 combat disciplines instead of some absurd shit they pulled off the web.
>>
Playing with no persuasion and straight up bullying and intimidating people in this Gangrel playthrough. It locks conversations and I'm missing out on quests. My autismos dictates I talk to everyone and do all quests.
>>
>>388676841
Yeah, money is a pretty useful cheat to activate.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghdefRZIYdQ
>>
>>388676558
>basic
>not plus

Why would you want to miss out on content
>>
>>388679996
A friend of mine once told me about one vampire game he was running and one of the players found a gangrel bloodline that got celerity as an in-clan discipline.

Managed to kill a whole swat team before they got to act.
>>
>>388680603
Does the GOG version come with basic? Can I install plus on top or will it shit itself?
>>
>>388676841
i went completely blind into my first run and ended up being a social malk with almost no combat skills. I used cheats at the end to get through all the combat so i could finish the game
>>
>>388681121
>Malk on first run
Couldn't be blinder m8
>>
>>388676841
I almost fucked myself first playthrough going Gangrel melee when I reached Ming Xiao.
>>
>>388676841
I always cheat during the Warrens section (noclip, but in such a way that I don't miss script flags and fuck up my save). It's literally one of the worst levels in FPS history. Monotonous, boring, mazelike.
>>
>>388681395
I did Malk on my first run and enjoyed it, but I had to do my second run as a Malk too to fully appreciate it. I think that's the best way actually, because you get to see both sides of the insanity which differ.
>>
>>388676841
I replay the game every year or so, and what I do is the first run as whatever I want. Second run will be the opposite, e.g. firearms instead of melee, stealth instead of not, etc.

If I still feel like playing then I'll do a third run with maxed out stats and rush through the game, that usually finally satisfies the craving again for a while.
>>
>>388676841
on my first playthrough nocliped my way through the sewers after electric puzzles and all the time used noclip in towns for fast travel lol
>>
Do you think having a sire would have made the game better or worse?
>>
>>388684175
Better to leave the player's background ambiguous for roleplaying reasons.
>>
>there are people who keep replaying the game
I mean come on bruhs there isn't much content locked behind specific builds.
And just thinking about the endgame makes me want to chop off my hands.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.