[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dual wielding?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: dual wield.jpg (169KB, 1200x797px) Image search: [Google]
dual wield.jpg
169KB, 1200x797px
Assuming equal skill levels, would someone dual wielding 2 knives always beat someone wielding 1 knife? What about swords?
>>
>>388668927
Nobody wins a knife fight, unless one of you are really, REALLY bad at it
>>
>>388668927
If there's anything I've learned from Lindybeige, its that dual wielding makes no sense whatsoever
>>
>>388669240
lindybeige is a fucking historian, not a soldier
>>
>>388668927
No because if they were equal skill level, then a guy with only one knife could do maneuvers with his empty hand that the duel wielding guy could not.
>>
>>388669240
Then you're an idiot if you think that

I don't even think Lindybeige thinks that. It's just that the broscience youtubers need an easy way of conveying "Duel wielding, in most cases, is not very useful and wasn't used very often in battle" to low IQ audiences.
>>
I dont think people hit each others knives in a knife fight. Alternatively in a sword fight maybe you could try to stab the other guy with a dirk when that happens. They would have to be like star wars lightsaber clash levels close though
>>
>>388669315
Regardless of what he is, in vidya dual wielding has the bonus of 'dealing more damage' while in real life a single well placed hit counts for far more than in games.
You don't get bonuses for 'increased damage' the same way. Having a free hand + a one handed weapon can let you grab the other guy's arm or weapon shaft and that'll give you far more of an advantage than another sword.
>>
>>388669585
You're on to how sword + dagger was actually used anon. Think about it a little and you'll get it right.
>>
>>388669315
This.

Also, the fact that there are specific weapons and weapon disciplines revolving around holding a weapon in each hand, I'd say lindybeige is full of shit.

If that wielder is proficient enough in the use of one bladed weapon in each hand AND STRONG ENOUGH to compensate for the lesser amount of leverage one has by wielding a sword in one hand, provided that sword is designed to be held in two, needless to say that person will have the advantage.
>>
>>388669708
>Regardless of what he is, in vidya dual wielding has the bonus of 'dealing more damage' while in real life a single well placed hit counts for far more than in games.
Largely because video games need to provide incentives and certain gameplay mechanics for different playstyles. Completely incorporating IRL combat is not easy.

As >>388669585
>>388669783
>>388669143
have said - all it takes is a single stab in (most) parts of your body and you are fucked.

Sword + Dirk was used partly as a surprised if you caught someones blade and were able to shirk them in the brief time you are close together.

Duel Wielding/Having an extra blade doesn't really offer much because you are essentially removing a 'hand' which could be used to grab the opponents wrists, or do other motions/punches/grapples.
>>
you could do more with an open hand and a knife than two knives in both hands. really if someone pulled a knife on you, you should just shoot them
>>
>>388668927
The Filipinos thought dual welding was pretty rad, and they fought the Spanish pretty well.

But yeah, having two blades is always better.
>>
>>388668927
Considering knives are held in the hand: holding two limits your ability to counter, grapple, use available debris and raises your risk for catching a blade with your wrist arteries.
As far as I'm aware, no army concerned with fighting equally trained and equipped forces has ever opted for two blades over a shield. I'd also go as far as saying no duelist ever dominated the arena dual wielding either. I'm sure there's esoteric examples but since we're asking the question, I'd say there's few examples for a reason.
>>
File: stingray-shredder-claw.jpg (116KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
stingray-shredder-claw.jpg
116KB, 600x600px
Hard mode: Would 2 of these beat 2 daggers irl?
>>
>>388670030
>shows a pic of chink shit
next you're going to say kung fu is a real martial art
>>
>>388670605
This is some good bait.
>>
Everything two weapons can do, A sword and shield can do better
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>388670570
is that supposed to be the Predator thing
>>
>>388670030
>muh escrima
People beating each other up with two tiny sticks or knives isn't really comparable to swordfighting. Especially not when there's armor or shields involved.
>>
>>388669315
>lindybeige is a fucking historian
he has a degree in archeology, but i wouldn't call him a historian. he's a larping dance teacher.
>>
>>388670538
>>388670115
>>388669708

You would have to be fucking mental to actually grapple someone with a knife.

If you watch any a of machete fights in third world shithole you will see two guys slashing at each other trying not to get cut, while trying to cut the other.
>>
>>388670570
Mall ninjas are disgusting creatures
>>
>>388668927
Equal skill level? 80% of the time, yes. Duel gives an extra chance of offence as well as a good defencive option.
>>
>>388671985
if some one with a knife grapple you you're pretty much fucked
>>
>>388669240
he is english
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue_CAei8OII
>>
File: 1485047245454.jpg (9KB, 335x208px) Image search: [Google]
1485047245454.jpg
9KB, 335x208px
QUICK
IS THERE A NAme for wielding a sword in one hand and the sheath in the other, also using it in combat? shits one of my fight scene fetishes
>>
what about dual wielding guns?
>>
>>388668927
Dual Wielding is fine in 1v1 situations. Its shit in mass combat though.

Just like MMA is great 1v1 but you will be dead in 5 seconds if you have more than 1 person coming for you.
>>
>>388672951
yeah, it's called retarded
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.