[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are loot boxes the new Season Pass?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: Loot-Box.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Loot-Box.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
Are loot boxes the new Season Pass?
>>
Yes.
Only some games have both.
>>
>>388662919
>Free content that you get just by filling up a bar in the game
>Paid access to parts of the game that are already on disc but locked

I know /v/ is full of faggots but come on.
>>
>>388663108
evolution of the form
>>
>>388663578
>Free content
>in a game you pay $60 for

wwwww
>>
>>388662919
Loot boxes in OW are fine, it allows them to keep creating content rather than forgetting about it and making a yearly sequel
>>
>>388662919
I think it's so funny when people complain about loot boxes with nothing but cosmetic shit.

The alternatives:
>no loot, no cosmetics
>no loot, all cosmetics are unlocked, removing the fun of obtaining shit and having a "rare" look
>>
>>388662919
No.
Season Pass you're at least guaranteed all the content for that game's life, in MOST cases. Loot Boxes you're just given some random lottery chance at getting some item or content that you want, which is just bullshit. With Season Passes you know exactly what you're paying for whereas with loot boxes you're just rolling the dice.
>>
>>388662919
Loot boxes are shit because they're intended not to give you what you want.

The fact that the percentages/chances are hidden makes it even worse.
>>
>spent $35
>Only got reaper and sombra legendary
Man loot boxes are dumb but I really wanted widow's. Lesson learned I suppose, hopeful blizzard continues to mess with the system.
>>
>>388662919
I love the idea of cosmetics and lootboxes because only literal retards give a single fuck about them. I am pretty happy letting imbeciles fund the continous development of a game that I enjoy.

I just wish there was an option to turn custom skins off. Some of them change the silhouette too much and it's difficult to distinguish characters it is from a distance.
>>
>>388665276
>Loot boxes in OW are fine, it allows them to keep creating content rather than forgetting about it and making a yearly sequel
>what is splatoon
>>
>>388666097
Amiibos?
>>
>>388666090
>I love the idea of cosmetics and lootboxes because only literal retards give a single fuck about them
You give a fuck about cosmetics more than you believe.
>>
>>388666163
amiibos are shit, but splatoon offered free content throughout its life
>>
>>388663578
>Free Boxes
>Key Costs money
>>
>>388665458

Please fuck off.

could be with random drops like TF2, or it could be with specific goals to obtain the stuff, like achivements.
>>
>>388666529
How are random drops any different from loot boxes? In fact random drops in TF2 are completely useless and extremely rare and there's no duplicate checking, it's a far more unfair system.
I'm not even a blizzdrone, I think OW is a shit game and I don't even play it anymore but the loot boxes are fine.
>>
>>388666834
I never played OW and im not sure of the system, however i'm pretty sure it was about loot boxes as a whole, and most games don't just let you get it for free.
>>
>>388666353
In your shitty f2p shooter it does, gook
>>
>>388666529
The same tf2 that charges you to open crates? Fuck outta here.
>>
>>388666529
>>388666090
>>388666097
>>388665458
The objectively best way to handle cosmetics is the way dota does it,where you get to pick from hundreds of items to add to your character and make it look unique.
Tekken always knew its shit
>>
>>388667581
Quake Champions is my favorite one, you can change helmet, torso and legs plus 2/3 add-ons slots for each body part, plus a color shader.
Then the same with weapons, the weapon skins can completely change their look and they have their own little add-ons and shaders.
Cosmetics are dropped in loot boxes and you can also find lore scrolls around the maps that unlock a classic skin for the character.
Oh and there are runes that drop in loot boxes that are challenges like kill X enemies and such, and beating all challenges in a category unlocks a color shader.
I sound like a shill but I just love hats.
>>
>>388667002
CS:go still cost money
>>
>>388662919
I think lootboxes are better if they're done like OW where everything inside is purely cosmetic and you can get them for free by actually playing the game. Season passes feel like excuses for the devs to leave shit out of a game and put it in later, although I would rather they do that than create a super/ultra edition with new shit two months later.
>>
>>388668965
You potentially can get them. Lootboxes make everything by chance
>>
>>388662919
Yes they are goyim, just keep buying them you dumb fucks
>>
Literally nothing wrong with OW loot boxes. They've even been recently updated to not dole out duplicates nearly as much. I'm afraid I'll unlock everything too easily now.

I can spend free coins to buy any voicelines or sprays I think are fun; 25 coins is nothing. I can spend coins on my most desired cosmetics.

Only thing it's missing is other potential cosmetic slots, such as weapon skins beyond golden ones.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.