[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game Store Clients

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 24

File: pc_game_stores_guide_story.jpg (36KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
pc_game_stores_guide_story.jpg
36KB, 800x533px
Can we have a discussion about game distribution clients? What is your opinion on the following:
>Steam
>GOG
>uPlay
>Windows Store
>Origin
>>
>>388661119
>Steam
I have most my games and friends here. I like to share screenshots and the site in general as a big community.
>GOG
Cheap flea market. I'd never buy something here.
>uPlay
What? this shit still exist? btw I don't support Ubisoft, not even in Steam.
>Windows Store
I have Windows 10 but I don't give fuck about their store.
>Origin
I open this shit only to play BF. Fuck EA they should kee their shit on Steam.
>>
>>388661119
I generally prefer repacks
>>
>steam
used it for years and most of my games are on there
I'm stuck with it
Stockholm syndrome
>GOG
I pirate GOG releases of games
>uPlay
I only use it for Rainbow Six Siege
>Windows Store
I'm not on windows 10, yet...
But I don't think I'd use it
>Origin
Fuck off EA
>>
>>388661583
*keep their shit on Steam

Also I forgot
>Battle.net
I installed this crap after years ignoring it just because OW.
>>
>>388661119
>Steam
Lots of games, the big majority of AAAs are there, but most of the games are just bullshit that are not worth the price
>GOG
never used, can't talk about it
>uplay
never used, just a dumb ubisoft lock on their own products
>Windows store
most games are for touchscreen and xbox, very few "normal" pc games
>Origin
only way (that I know of) to have access to the battlefield franchise (just not BF2, BF2142, don't know where to get these in a legit way), not much besides that
>>
>>388661119
Use em all except GOG
>>
>>388661119

GoG>Steam>Origin
The rest is utter trash
>>
>>388661119
>Steam
I have all my important games here.
>GOG
Never used. I don't know why some people support this shitty site.
>uPlay
Damn, even the games on Steam made by Ubisoft requieres this gargabe.
>Windows Store
Nothing interesing. I want TMCC on my PC.
>Origin
Fuck you EA. Why Battlefront and Battlefield have to be exclusives?
>>
>Steam
I begrudgingly run all of my games through it because I love that fucking controller
>GOG
Buy here if I can
>uPlay
>Make you install uPlay even if you buy the game on another platform
It's garbage. The only one I still religiously stay away from
>Windows Store
Terrible. Only good for PC versions of Xbone titles and a few Age of Empire games eventually
>Origin
Also shit but I have an EA Access subscription for the library of """free""" games. They've got some nice games and I can poke into a lot of big name games pretty shortly after they come out just to see how bad they are/squeeze the 5-10 hours of fun that can be managed on games like Battlefront or Battlefield without ever dropping 60
>>
>>388661119
>Steam
Is pretty much a necessity. Honestly still the best client even though the sales are shit now and Valve sucks massive dick these days.

>GOG
Actually has some really passionate people behind it and regularly gives away games for free. Usually not really worth buying anything unless you want to support the devs or CD Project though.

>uPlay
Never used it, never will. Fuck Ubi

>Windows Store
No idea but probably terribly seeing how they're releasing all the games on Steam now.

>Origin
Absolute cancer
>>
File: 1473870944764.jpg (206KB, 1140x701px) Image search: [Google]
1473870944764.jpg
206KB, 1140x701px
>Steam
Everybody uses it so it has become the norm, but actually it has a very outdated UI and doesn't take advantage of the operating system. Also it sucks that Big Picture has features that the normal client doesn't have.

>GOG
The store is fine, it not obtrusive. Buy and forget. The client is meh. It has less features than Steam and the same problems.

>uPlay
It has been improved over the years but still sucks. The game overlay shouldn't be mandatory for online play, that means your game will have lower performance just because it has multiplayer.

>Windows Store
Downloading sucks, but after all, is pay and forget. It doesn't have an overlay (that is from the Xbox app, and it can be disabled without removing multiplayer). The games selection is better than Origin, but still very lacking.

>Origin
It has the worst selection of games. And like uPlay, it has been improved over the years, but is as annoying as uPlay.
>>
File: miles-shrug(d).gif (92KB, 266x192px) Image search: [Google]
miles-shrug(d).gif
92KB, 266x192px
>>388661119
GoG is the best, the rest are about equally shit.

/thread
>>
File: 1449931545783.jpg (428KB, 1000x952px) Image search: [Google]
1449931545783.jpg
428KB, 1000x952px
>>388661119
STOP USING STEAM!
>>
>>388662632
GoG is objectively better.

The only argument people ever have for using steam over it is
>but all my games are on steam!
and these people don't even realize that you can add non-steam games to steam.
>>
>>388661119
Don't forget Battle.net is going to be Activision's platform for their games.
>>
>>388661119
I'm trying to move away from steam and gog is pretty good for oldfags like myself. I feel like if they got a few more choice games, I could drop steam forever. I can't comment on the others since I've never used them.
>>
I don't really like Steam but I will begrudgingly admit they get the closest to actually being a proper "Service" instead of just DRM.

Scribblenauts games wouldn't be half as fun without the steam workshop.
>>
>>388662819
This.
If I could throw on my games and be able to stream without other applications being heard in the background.
I'd uninstall Steam right now.
>>
>>388661119
>Steam
My library is here.
>GOG
Garbage.
>uPlay
Installed just by requirement. Garbage.
>Windows Store
I bought GOW4 and GOWA. Gargabe.
>Origin
Battlefront. Garbage.
>>
>>388662632
Good Old Games
>Old Games
Unplayable and outdated shit. Also the site is full of Indie crap.
I'm not a nostalgic fedora to care about old games or support indie developers.
Only through Steam and Origin you can play decent and modern games.
>>
>>388662819
Yeah, it's "objectively better" in the sense that I'm still dependent on other services because it doesn't fucking sell the games I want to buy.
>>
>>388661119
>GoG
Thanks for the DRM-free games I just downloaded for free, you dumb fuckers.
>>
>>388663594
>Yeah, it's "objectively better" in the sense that I'm still dependent on other services because it doesn't fucking sell the games I want to buy.

That doesn't make the service itself better.

It's like saying Origin is the best out of all of them becase "I only play EA games".

As I said, the only argument people have pro steam is
>but all my games are on steam!
The service itself is strictly worse.
>>
>>388661119
>Steam
I try to avoid using it where possible. only got it for the orange box. the rest of my steam library are gifts and keys I've accumulated over the years.
>GOG
Most of my digital library comes from here. I keep the entire thing backed up on an external harddrive. I like to own my vidya.
>uPlay
I don't like Ubisoft enough to care about this
>Windows Store
never used it. no idea.
>Origin
While I think that Steam definitely needs some real competition EA is an awful company and I could never bring myself to support their bullshit.
>>
>>388661119
bad
good
terrible
terrible
terrible
>>
>>388662476
>very outdated UI
Explain
>>
>>388661119
>Steam
I just hate all the lack of quality control and garbage they've let on the store
>GoG
I occasionally buy games but I admit it took a long time for me to build a decent library.
>uPlay
Hate this shit, loves to not work.
>Windows store
never tried it
>Origin
never tried it
>>
Steam and Origin are fine in regards to features and services in my opinion, Steam has an edge over Origin for me because the Steam UI is just better, Origin's UI is bloated and I don't like it. Uplay is just bad in both service and UI. I have a few games on GOG but I never bothered to install Galaxy so I have no idea how it is, other than that it works as expected, nothing special about it, just DRM free games. Never used Windows Store but from what I see it looks worse than Uplay.
>>
>Steam
This is where I have most of my games, and my friends are here too.
>GOG
I use this for old shit that Activision and EA won't put on Steam.
>uPlay
I'm forced to use this piece of shit for Ubisoft games. I avoid most Ubisoft games as a result.
>Windows Store
Are you fucking kidding me? GFWL 2.0, except it's even worse somehow. Microsoft learned nothing, and they never will.
>Origin
Origin has made it a lot easier for me to avoid EA games. I haven't bought a single thing EA has put out since 2010 and I feel great.
>>
Steam is decent, fine for what it is but the mass of shovelware recently makes buying anything a pain unless it's on the front page.

Uplay is primarily Ubisoft titles with some others, and everything is organized much better. Prices can be steep comparatively.

GOG Galaxy was good for its sales and library, but its focus is mostly on older titles that I already own.

Windows store could use some improvement, it's mostly phone games and a handful of indie and console titles. I bought 2 games on the store, one was a decent flight sim, another was a walking simulator that didn't have its sound configured properly.

>Origin
lol
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
>all these Steam shills sucking Gabens kike cock
>>
Will we ever get a new steam client?
>>
>>388663794
Just don't tell me that something is "objectively better" if I'm unable to use it due to a major shortcoming. It's not better than all those services that I actually can use, then, is it? It has a rudimentary catalog, and that *is* a significant problem.
>>
>>388664214
>he likes something other than Steam

Gabe sucks dick, but there is nothing better out there.
>>
>>388661119
>Steam
Almost all of my games and friends are on there, seems to be the most streamlined of the five. Only one I willingly have open on start-up.

>Origin
I've found myself playing more games on there recently, particularly Titanfall 2. I'm shocked at how clunky the overlay still is, but it seems far better than it used to be.

>GoG
Not great but very simple and I appreciate that.

>uPlay
Massive pile of shit, haven't gone back to Splinter Cell Blacklist after beating it once because of this dungheap. Clunky, awkward, sometimes can't even open your games.

>Windows Store
No opinion.
>>
File: 1482424409750.jpg (100KB, 450x539px) Image search: [Google]
1482424409750.jpg
100KB, 450x539px
Steam is alright as it is non-intrusive, has by far the greatest number of games for sale and it has the community that results from being the market leader for so long. GOG is great as it's always nice to play vidya without having to use an intermediary client.

The others can go fuck themselves. I would have bought Titanfall 2 but it being tied to the bloatware that is Origin made it an easy decision not to. Microsoft is trying to turn windows vidya into a closed platform like a console and EA and Ubishit are just too greedy to give Gabe his cut. Fuck them all.
>>
>>388661119
necessary evil if you want to pay for games digitally

if youre a pirate then it doesnt matter

people use it more for convenience rather than fuck the man/ I want to own my games
people forgot how crappy cd/dvd roms were after a couple years
>>
>Patrician Tier
GoG
>Normie Tier
Steam
>Bad Tier
Origin
>Awful Tier
Windows Store
>Nigger what are you doing Tier
Uplay
>>
>>388664705
Pretty much, although I would put Windows Store and Uplay on the same category as they're equally shit.
>>
>Steam
Its sales are getting shittier each year. I don't understand the mouth frothing worshipping that happens with this considering Valveand Gaben hasn't made anything of quality in a long time.
>GOG
Would be better with a larger inventory, but I'm hesitant to mean that or else we'll end up having l i t e r a l phone games being in the store like Steam lately. Sells games you could probably find on an abandonware site for free.
>uPlay
Why god
>Windows Store
It's a joke
>Origin
Cool if you like battlefield?
>>
File: gabeN.jpg (81KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
gabeN.jpg
81KB, 1024x768px
My only fear with GOG is that they get a big enough audience that cd-project won't need to make games anymore.
>>
File: GOG games.jpg (17KB, 418x142px) Image search: [Google]
GOG games.jpg
17KB, 418x142px
>not supporting GOG
it's like you all want to destroy the pc market
>>
>>388664027
>I just hate all the lack of quality control and garbage they've let on the store
gayest reason to dislike steam ever

>go to blockbuster
>reeeeeeeee 90% of the shelves are full of shit, old movies, fuck this place
>>
I mainly use steam and haven't used any other client outside of blizzard's for their games. It's not that I think steam is superior but I don't care much for EA and Ubisoft games so I've never had a reason to get their clients but I have bought stuff from GoG but I have no real reason to use its client. It feels like an unneeded step to run GoG games when I could just launch them directly.
>>
Everyone knows steam is the superior platform. I have had zero problems with it and the only other acceptable answer to steam is gog. Everything else is irredeemable trash. EA should just conform like every other company and put their shit on steam, I guarantee they would see more business.
>>
>>388661583
How can someone display this much fanboyism for a fucking store? Steam is cancer, their catalogue is literally just shitty indie titles and early access garbage.
>>
>>388665296
>EA should just conform like every other company and put their shit on steam, I guarantee they would see more business.

The problem is that Valve takes a 30%, EA is big enough that people would buy their games wherever, why get 70% for every sale when they can get 100%?
>>
>>388665296
>EA should just conform like every other company and put their shit on steam, I guarantee they would see more business.

>ea puts their shit on steam
>steam, a competing publisher, takes a 30% jewtax
>ea starts own store
>gets 100% from their titles
>can put a 30% jewtax on other publishers
i can see why they did it.
>>
File: 2017-08-30_000719.png (10KB, 1076x222px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-30_000719.png
10KB, 1076x222px
>>388665104
Whenever I check if a game I want is on GoG, I get a big fat 404.
>>
origin>steam>uplay>rest

windows store is absolute fuckin trash. i never saw worse shit in my entire life and its coming from biggest software company, i cant even.

i cant download games or demos even, download just stops
>>
Steam is gonna die if Valve doesn't start developing exclusive titles and updates the UI.
>>
>>388664620
>people forgot how crappy cd/dvd roms were after a couple years
This is true. During the period where internet speeds were getting better but boxed PC games were still available, I used to prefer downloading and using a pirated version of a game over finding my old boxed copy and installing it from the disks.

Buying from GOG kinda feels the same, I do it to give money to the developers and then whenever I feel like reinstalling that game I can just pirate it with a clean conscience. Not that an unclean conscience would stop me.
>>
>>388665296
People who buy battlefield and Fifa will buy it anyway. they dont need your neetless bucks.
>>
>>388665431
>literally
Ever pick up a dictionary?
>>
>Daikatana is $1.50 right now on gog

Is the meme worth it, boys?
>>
>>388665596
the origin ui is absolute trash. i think i might be because i'm not used to it.... but no, i think it really is unintuitive garbage. i even like origin as a service for the most part. their great game gaurantee or whatever it was that lets you return any game within 24 hours before steam had refunds was p cool. if it's library wasn't shit i wouldn't have a problem using it.
>>
>>388665571
>Rockstar game
>DRM free

yeah, that's never happening
>>
I remember I got Origin Access for one month one time and I only played Mirror's Edge Catalyst for like an hour and never touch any other game.
>>
>>388665817
If you think origin is shit you never used others.

Steam is running on same UI since it launched.Just changed colors green to blue.

Windows store is worst thing ever. Both in design and network and technical.Like worst of all.

uPlay is just retarded origin with no good games and all their games also on steam

never used gog client , makes no point considering whole point was no drm
>>
File: 2017-08-30_001411.png (10KB, 1088x208px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-30_001411.png
10KB, 1088x208px
>>388665827
Fair enough. Call me when GoG decides to become a proper retailer, then.
>>
>Steam
>GOG
>uPlay
>Windows Store
>Origin

All shit. I play on PS4 and actually physically own MY games.
>>
>>388665296
Wrong the only real answer is not having a shitty third party client squatting on your PC like a Chink squatting in a toilet ditch. What happened to the days where you just installed your game and it worked? There are web browsers for buying shit online.
>>
>>388666002
>EA game outside of Origin

Some of them are on GOG, but its rare, they only got Dead Space and Dragon Age recently. They do have a lot of games from studios EA killed over the years like Wing Commander
>>
>>388666089
>i own bag of plastic disc im so proud
>look at me mom with my discs

nigga if they wanted they could literally remove your access of any online access to those games, considering %90 games are online only nowadays so what
>>
>>388665693
I forgot Battlefield even existed because it's not on Steam. And I played almost every iteration from 1942 to BFBC2.

I just don't want that many clients on my PC. Especially not one by EA.
>>
File: 58492997_p0.jpg (1MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
58492997_p0.jpg
1MB, 1080x1080px
>Steam
trash in every way. prices, community, look, responsiveness, use, it's all bad
>GOG
Store and pricing is the best as well as quality of games since they dont let everything in. the client sucks but it's optional. My favorite of them all
>uPlay
not needed but I like the token reward system or whatever
>Windows Store
not needed, offer no benefits
>Origin
also not needed, but the client is fine
steam but works faster

There was a client someone was making that would unite all of them into one but I forget its name and dont think it ever made it out of early testing
>>
File: 1387050296433.jpg (26KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1387050296433.jpg
26KB, 300x225px
>>388666152
Does that mean it'll be getting Mass Effect Andromeda soon?
>>
>Steam
been on it since almost day one, only complaint I've ever had was sometimes offline mode wouldn't work, but that was fixed years ago, steam haters are pathetic whining retards and make me lol

>GOG
have had a GOG account for years, I use it for retro games, have about 30 in my library, great service, love that I can dl the actual executable and run it without the GOG client, no complaints

>uPlay
never used it, never heard anything good about it

>Windows Store
MS is scum, there are many high profile games that are windows store exclusive for no reason other than greed, and this is a huge growing problem for the industry that will soon be a full fledged cancer

>Origin
I have the C&C collection, I got a key for it for 6 bucks on g2a, it works and lets me play the games flawlessly, no complaints because that's all I use it for
>>
>>388665997
>Steam is running on same UI since it launched
i fail to see how that makes it bad?
>>
>>388661119
>Steam
Facebook for gamers. Awful community. Can't play most games you purchase without launching a bloated DRM client. Ridiculous currency exchange rates.
>GOG
Client doesn't get in the way. Fixes old games to make them run properly, unlike above service. Reasonable currency exchange rates.

Have zero interest in the other options.
>>
File: 1370463573291.jpg (18KB, 219x265px) Image search: [Google]
1370463573291.jpg
18KB, 219x265px
>>388666218
>Children born in 2001 are 18 now

The world should've ended in 2012
>>
>>388661119
GoG is the best one but doesn't have all game, steam is the standard, everything else is shit and origin is actually a spyware.
>>
File: slav shack.jpg (299KB, 1000x675px) Image search: [Google]
slav shack.jpg
299KB, 1000x675px
>>388666305
the first G stands for Good
>>
>Steam
big community, many games, big sales. must have because all your friends probably have it and play on it.

>GOG
the best one by far. Fair prices, you can torrent all their shit, you can share your shit with your friends. Nothing bad about this except the lack of games.

>uPlay
unnecessary shit

>Windows Store
kek

>Origin
unnecessary shit but they give some games out for free
>>
>>388666414
Might wanna relearn your first grade math, anon.
>>
>>388661119
GoG = Everything's that good.
Steam= JEWS and workshop.
The rest its shit.
>>
>Steam
King of the hill that needs to desperately eat shit.
>GOG
Ran by literal white monkeys. As exemplified by their retarded utilization of cracks and reselling. How fucking embarrassing. Still though, they operate a very important niche that other platforms should get the fuck on.
>uPlay/Bethesda/Epic/Arc/mygames/chinkshit
Horrendous.
>BBNet
Exceptionally solid. Zero complaints outside of the tranny advertisements within the game sections. I wonder what they're going to do once they start adding more Activision/Retro Blizz games.
>Windows Store
Really lacking, but it would be nice to get everything from one built in place.
>Origin
Was really solid before the redesign and now it's utterly unusable. Seriously wwwwwwwwwwhat were they thinking? Free games are nice though.
>>
>>388666525
1999, my bad. But still.
>>
>>388663440

nice bait

GoG sales are often better than Steam sales.
>>
File: 1444537738389.jpg (446KB, 1168x738px) Image search: [Google]
1444537738389.jpg
446KB, 1168x738px
BUY MY BUNDLES EVEN IF THEY SUCK
>>
>>388661119
>>Steam
It's fine, customer support is a joke, it's in serious need of a major redesign
>>GOG
Looks clean, I don't buy games on GoG
>>uPlay
Laggy and bad ui, I only use it when I buy a ubishit game on Steam
>>Windows Store
Download speeds suck
>>Origin
It's fine, it's used for DICE games
>>
If I buy one game from one client I shouldn't have to launch TWO UBISOFT
>>
>>388666712
You're right that launchers on top of launchers is an issue.
It's solved on bnet, Origin, WS, GoG though. May I suggest not using Steam?
>>
>>388666712
so buy it directly from uPlay, they do it that way to encourage you to do so, that way they get the full 100% of your shekels instead of giving steam their cut
>>
File: gfdgde1.jpg (152KB, 1076x1054px) Image search: [Google]
gfdgde1.jpg
152KB, 1076x1054px
>>388666152
You don't have to make excuses for them. I honestly understand the appeal of a true DRM-free alternative to Steam, but this limited selection just doesn't make them a viable option for me.

Here I tried to go through all my Steam Summer Sale purchases until I found one that's also on GoG, but I gave up. The next two were Ghostbusters and Giana Sisters 2D, both of which were also not available.
>>
>>388666089
Lmao you know those discs are only a license and are loaded with physical DRM on top of the system itself.

Only piratefags can truly say they own their games.
>>
>>388661119
none of them are any good. everyone is just stuck with Steam due to popularity, but it also really does have the most user friendly features.

uPlay is the only one that I actively dislike. the UI is so clunky and laggy.

Battle.net would be better if I could force myself to show as "offline" while playing a game.
>>
>Steam
Best. Objectively, it has the biggest library and the best deals in general and is more convinient than any other alternative out there. I'm looking forward to the new UI and changes.
>GOG
Not bad.
>uPlay
I hate it.
>Windows Store
It just feels slow, forced and terribly designed. Not interested at all.
>Origin
Last game I played from origin was Battlefield 3 when it went free. I remember it being ok.
>>
If I can get something DRM-free, GOG will be my first option.

Steam following that.

I have a Humble Bundle account but I generally try to avoid any client that isn't Steam or GoG because God knows how long they're going to last.
>>
>>388667029
until that harddrive fails, nobody truly owns their games even before, you just didnt know you didnt own them before

cds also fail all the time
>>
File: gog library.png (2KB, 295x32px) Image search: [Google]
gog library.png
2KB, 295x32px
>>388667012
it has what I need mang
>>
>>388665161
t. indie shovelware dev
>>
>>388661119
only two i will use are gog and steam. i prefer gog because i don't need to use a client which i hate using. i prefer steam over the others because i am already trapped in it's ecosystem and would rather only be trapped in one than 4 or 5.
>>
>>388661119
I hold no loyalty toward any of them
>>
>>388667353
then thats bad news for you anon, steam clones are on the way for all "services" now.
>>
>>388667486
>You have to download the UE4 client to play UT4

I wonder if the game would be alive if you didn't have to.
>>
no client (GOG) > anything else
If i wanted a client I would just get a console the only reason I use steam its because it has a semi monopoly on PC games
>>
>>388661119
I don't really have a problem with any of them but uplay, and that's because of that ugly as fuuuccckkkk achievement popup.

Also it's jewish as hell that Ubi and EA want to have their own platform without any added benefit to the consumer. M$hit actually has that Play Anywhere thing that make it worth using their platform, if you already have their spynet installed on your PC.
>>
>>388665104
damn I have 272 and I thought that was alot
>>
>steam
Best client by far, largest library, best sales, best community, steam market gives players free money.
>gog
Pointless. All GOG games are torrentable so there is no reason to be a paying user
>everything else
Garbage and not worth your time
>>
>>388667596
>consumer point engine licensing
dont give them ideas anon
>>
>>388667486
oh no i cant play battlefield 30 and overwatch. i just wont use services to prevent cancer from growing. other people can do as they like but ive still not encountered any games exclusive to a certain digital platform that i want to play enough to install another shitty client
>>
>no dark theme for gog
>>
File: 1488909452976.png (545KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1488909452976.png
545KB, 640x640px
>>388661583
>I have Windows 10
kys
>>
Steam
>yes for steam keys, card, feel obliged to get achievements
GOG
>yes for no hassle, cheap old games, better support for old games, downloader is okay, bad direction with adding achievements
Humble Bundle
>cheap everything bundles only, steam-keys
uPlay
>I like Ubisoft, got some free games during their 30th anniversary
itch.io
>yea, maybe, all indie stuff, or freebies
Windows Store
>I think I've got win 10 minecraft, since I bought original minecraft in alpha, wouldn't touch it otherwise
Origin
>hahaha, fuck no, fuck EA
>>
>>388661119
I don't like them at all and I'd prefer to go back to a time when they didn't exist. I'm willing to tolerate Steam and GOG though.
>>
GoG as a service is fine, but Galaxy always comes off as redundant and a way to assuage people who want to make the jump from Steam to GoG.
>>
>Steam
I like it. All my games are here. If possible I always get the Steam version of a game. It does have quite a few flaws in it's UI, but ultimately because of it's selection and sheer amount of community features, it is the best client out there.
>GOG
Even though I prefer Steam, I do agree with GOG's ideals of DRM-free games. But GOG's actual client is pretty bare-bones, and for me half the time it refuses to update, and lo-and-behold it can't connect online without updating, which means I can't download my games. Might as well just download them from the site, what's even the point of Galaxy?
>uPlay
Clunky as fuck, takes a billion years to update games (In the time it took to update Assassin's Creed 2 to from stock to the latest version, I was able to pirate the game and play all the way through the prologue). Probably the worst client of them all.
>Windows Store
It touts the same amount of convenience that Steam has. That's about all I can say.
>Origin
EA has been trying to shake off their reputation for a while, and it's starting to show with Origin. It's like if uPlay didn't suck.
>>
>>388668203
>I'd prefer to go back to a time when they didn't exist.
you really dont, Having it all physical is a real pain in the butt also disc failure is an ever present danger, we only get away with it now since everything is copied to a harddrive
>>
>>388668367
it IS redundant. i haven't found a use for it really, there aren't any features. it somehow uses more ram than steam despite the only actual feature it currently has is autoupdating games. the ingame overlay doesn't work despite saying the feature is available (i think it works in a few games last i heard? why not all of them?), the chat is laggy, the store is just less convenient than a browser with no tabs, while overall i think its pretty snazzy its just a worthless waste of resources and is obviously a backburner ordeal for them which i understand
>>
>>388661119
>Steam
Average most of the time, awful if you go too long without internet. Tolerable because it's easily cracked.
>GOG
DRM free games are nice but they're overly discriminate SJWs.
>uPlay
Trash.
>Windows Store
>using Windows past 7
>Origin
Not the worst software around in itself, but permanently shitlisted for that time it sent LGBT propaganda from anyone that had it installed.
>>
>>388668680
When was the last time you used it? It was technically in beta forever up until like a few months ago, so maybe the features work properly now. I can't say for certain since I don't use it all that much myself.
>>
>>388661119
You missed battle.net

>Steam
Mediocre
>GoG
Good
>Uplay
Shit
>Windows store
Worse than shit
>Origin
Shit
>Battle.net
Decent
>>
>>388668868
half a year, might be outdated but i also used it for a half a year before dropping it too and no features were ever added so i am biased. i seriously doubt anything has changed
>>
>>388661119
>Steam
The biggest by far in the way of games, the one I always boot when I boot my PC.

>GOG
I like it, the DRM-free practice allows my close friends and I to share an account. One person buys a game and we all get it, we can even play multiplayer together too. It has some neat ideas for sales as well.

>uPlay
I barely touch it, I think I put up with it for Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon but that's about it. Seems rather unnecessary. I think Rainbow Six Siege was also on there, but uPlay isn't very good, probably the worst out of all of these.

>Windows Store
I'm still on Win7 so it's not as if I get to play anything from there, but I'm kind of glad that PC is getting all of the Xbox One's exclusives though, not that there are many to be honest. Now if we could get some of those PlayStation exclusives that would be nice. I'm itching to play Persona 5, the new Yakuza and so on.

>Origin
I only have it installed for Titanfall 2, I know my sister has it installed for Sims. It's like uPlay but not total trash.
>>
>>388661119

Steam
I have to use it, since the games are locked on the damn client

GOG
Over 500 games on the site, never touch the client

uPlay
Never used it

Windows
Nope

Origin
Nope
>>
>>388661119
>>Steam
Eh. It has the biggest market, so I use. Also, most of my games came on it and all my friends have Steam. Would avoid if possible.
>>GOG
Honestly, what Steam should have been. If only it had a bigger following. I've bought several games here. UI needs work. I love GoG.
>>uPlay
I only have this because I bought Child of Light and Watch_Dogs on Steam and was forced to download it.
>>Windows Store
I didn't know this was a thing.
>>Origin
Fuck EA. After the fiasco I had with uPlay, I looked up Origin and found out they were doing the exact same thing and decided not to get it.
>>
>>388661119
>Steam
I tend to like Steam, mostly for the extra features. Steam controller and its configurability & In-Home Streaming are pretty awesome. I also really like Family Sharing, you can basically share libraries with friends and play some games without paying, works especially well for SP games.

The sales used to be great, but I haven't been impressed in a long time now.
>GOG
Very nice because it's DRM free and I can just keep the game installers forever, so my games don't depend on GoG at all.
>uPlay
I don't much play Ubishit, so I've had very little contact with it. I remember playing one of the Anno games, after downloading the game it had another launcher which downloaded another update, that was fully retarded. Fairly useless and annoying, I don't care for some retarded extra launcher tacked on to games which brings me another account to take care of with no actual benefits.
>Windows Store
Shit. I don't care to support MS' UWP crap which just locks shit down. I hope it dies, it looks really unsuccessful.
>Origin
Don't play much EA shit either, I did use it for some BF games, it was really crap years ago, but last time I tried it was actually pretty decent at a cursory glance. Same as uPlay in general, useless shit I don't care for nowadays since I don't care about EA's games.
>>
File: trynottocry.jpg (41KB, 560x303px) Image search: [Google]
trynottocry.jpg
41KB, 560x303px
>>388669175
>DRM-free practice allows my close friends and I to share an account. One person buys a game and we all get it
god dammit why didnt I think of this
I have no friends
now Im sad
>>
>>388661119
>Steam
I foud myself not buying anything this year except PUBG, kinda mad I have 60€ lying around from a PUBG coat I sold that I can't use for other platforms, otherwise its Facebook: gamer edition, the comminuty isn't of any help and isn't interesting, the multiplayer support originating from years of exprience is rock solid tho, no complaints, good platform for multiplayer games.
>GOG
I actually bought more games on GoG than Steam this year, with classics like New Vegas coming on the platform, plus I like to buy my indie "indie" games from here,AAA to if I can (Metro, Dying Light, TW3, Shadow Warrior 2, ...) the galaxy client isn't bad but not good eiher, not built for multiplayer because of the core formula of GOG, I'm fine with that, undenyably the superior platform for SP games as you actually own them.
>uPlay
uninstall that shit as soon as I can once I finished playing a ubi game, fuck them, may they get taken over by Vivendi.
>Windows Store
Never openjed it once, never will, may they to burn in hell for trying to get the monopoly on the market.
>Origin
Only for Battlefield and Titanfall 2, pure EA cancer with a shitty UI to bbot.
>>
>>388665431
Have you missed that all AAA games on PC releases on Steam almost exclusively?
>>
>>388669337
Its great to share with a girlfriend.
>>
>>388666089
*license your games like everyone else, but also have a DRM'd blu-ray you can sell later
>>
>>388669175
>DRM-free practice allows my close friends and I to share an account.
Why do you even bother to buy anything from GOG if you don't want to support the dev? You can just torrent the game's installer and be done with it.
>>
>>388666838
>buy on steam
>have to run both programs to play your game, ubisoft gets less money
>buy on jewplay
>have to run jewplay, you probably still have steam running because you never close it, ubishit gets more of your money
>pirate game
>you don't have to use any launchers and no kike businesses make money from you
>>
GOG is the only one that doesn't actually require a client (unless you don't count windows 10 game hud as a client) so it's objectively the best.
>>
File: fbb.jpg (97KB, 482x424px) Image search: [Google]
fbb.jpg
97KB, 482x424px
>all these faggots admitting to installing windows 10
>it offers zero performance increases
>they are basically eating shit and in some cases paying for the privilege
please, I'm begging you. If you don't kill yourself at least never have children
>>
>>388665296
>actually supporting Valve and their monopoly
>>
>>388661119
>gog

DRM free is good but not everything is available.

>steam

Still the lesser of MANY evils and provides some services along with DRM, but is still DRM.

>everything else

The aforementioned greater evils trying to be Steam but shittier in every way.
>>
>>388670008
I would support GoG but they're not selling what I want.
>>
>>388669921
this isn't exactly true though.
>>
>>388669921
im actually on xubuntu right now though anon
>>
File: IMG_4056.jpg (55KB, 480x542px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4056.jpg
55KB, 480x542px
>>388665104
For a second I thought that said 70314 games.
>>
>>388665104
>implying buying every piece of shit is actually doing the industry a service
you are supporting shit. i have 82 games and even that i regret because i only play 4 of them
>>
File: 1503441965422.png (187KB, 346x406px) Image search: [Google]
1503441965422.png
187KB, 346x406px
>>388661119
I've gotten to the point where I don't even find a purpose for Steam other than to get the occasional FOTM multiplayer game like PUBG, and if I find something on Humble Bundle.

I've slowly started to move on to GoG and build a library there due to really good sales (some games are sold at times for a fucking dollar) and the non-DRM. I'm also pretty glad the platform is slowly starting to receive some recognition where modern games are slowly making their way to GoG, major companies are starting to take it serious from Bethesda and Square Enix, and major current RPGs like Divinity or Pillars of Eternity will almost always be promoted more on GoG than it does on Steam. Pretty hopeful about the platform and it's future.
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.