[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There had to be at least ONE redeeming factor in it, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

There had to be at least ONE redeeming factor in it, right?
>>
>>388651197
It had that one line of dialogue where an enemy boss says "I'm never going to live this down"
and Fox says "you got that right" as the boss explodes.

All I can think of is that, and Bill and Katt's themes
>>
I really don't have many complaints.

I didn't like how unlocking the levels worked. Instead of the Star Fox 64 method of branching paths with hidden exits you just select a level from the map and do whatever stupid shit like hold a button at the right time and then that level is available on the map for you to select. It doesn't have that whole Corneria to Venom forward momentum going on, unless you choose arcade mode of course, and I like arcade mode, but 90 minutes with no saves is a bit long for one sitting. The first game was 45 minutes, more easily manageable for an arcade style game.

I never really struggled with the controls except at the start. And while they "aren't bad", I would have preferred a standard setup instead of a forced Nintendo gimmick.

I really like the game though, and go back to it.
>>
>>388651197
the music
>>
>>388652235
You van save and quit on arcade mode, I got to the last level, and never had the guts to try and finish it on one life after the bull shit andross fight
>>
File: really annoyed.jpg (39KB, 1024x566px) Image search: [Google]
really annoyed.jpg
39KB, 1024x566px
this piece of shit convinced Nintendo to fucking put effort on releasing Star Fox 2 in proper form than borrowing elements to newer games to make up it's unfinished development

that said, Sector Omega and Star Wolf fights were pure starfoxkino. rest of the game is shit
>>
>>388651197
Everything is fine with this game, except the controls and design decisions caused by the controls
>>
No Krystal
>>
>>388652621
nintendo didn't do shit to get SF2 out, it's the same ROM that's been available on the internet for a decade
>>
It made more people want to replay the actual 64.
>>
>>388652767
Basically, this.
If modders one day manage to make the pro controller with it, you magically have a good game.
>>
>>388652521
After a couple times the Andross fight is easy. That fucking optional bird boss fight where you have to shoot the tail is fucking brutal though. Even now it burns through my lifes.
>>
>>388654963
I beat it once, and don't think I could face doing the "trust your view from the cockpit son" shit again, also when he spins shoots the lasers is it better to circle in the same direction, or the opposite direction?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.