[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the verdict?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: ps4_White_Day_esrb_Packshot.jpg (16KB, 350x451px) Image search: [Google]
ps4_White_Day_esrb_Packshot.jpg
16KB, 350x451px
What's the verdict?
>>
>remake shit game
>it's still shit

WHOA
>>
better than any western indie shit horror game
>>
>>388650723
>white
ugh...
>>
The original was kind of fun. Not sure what the remake is like.
>>
It could be an even spookier alien isolation if the janitor's AI was fixed, but at the moment it's an exercise in frustration. You can break line of sight, go up a flight of stairs from him, and crouch in a pitch black room totally hidden behind a desk, and he will come straight into the room (despite there being 4 other rooms on that floor you could potentially have hidden in), stand around and look back and forth for a bit (for the exact same amount of time every time, he knows exactly where you are the game is just trying to make you think he doesn't), and then come straight at you behind the dext.
>>
Does the face ghost actually do anything? Wiki says it does damage but is it only in the original?
>>
>>388650723
Overall disappointment.
>Good:
Story + branching options/endings adding to replayability, puzzles are pretty good, character models are decent, voices are bearable.
>Bad:
Jump scares - annoying as fuck especially when you do stuff like rummaging through back-of-the-classroom lockers and the same locker-woman ghost will jump out with a scream at you 3 times in a row.
Janitor - might have been scary once or twice but when you try to explore or look for stuff to use in puzzles and the baseball-bat-wielding-faggot appears every 30 seconds so you have to run for the toilet, wing exit or hide behind furniture till he decides to leave only to return half a minute later that's just rage inducing. This makes the whole game play slow and very frustrating especially combined with limited saves.
Graphics besides character models most of the stuff looks like cheap indie PS3 game or worse.
Grind - well, it's a Korean game so it shouldn't be surprising but for the trophy whores this is going to be another annoyance especially with shit like getting evry ending on every difficulty.
>>388651753
>Wiki says it does damage
They're right. Didn't die to it yet but when you get 'spooked' few times you get more and more blood on the screen as if you get hit by janitor.
>>
File: PQube fucks up again.jpg (100KB, 390x420px) Image search: [Google]
PQube fucks up again.jpg
100KB, 390x420px
>>388650723
Why the fuck doesn't PQube have proper American representation? Back when Amazon was their only distributor, their games cost $40+, then when Best Buy also started selling their games, they dropped down to the low $20 price range.
>>
PSN is selling DLC outfits...in a horror game. What the hell is up with that?
>>
It could have been a great survival horror if I could explore the school without that fucking janitor spotting me with his aimbot every 10 seconds.
>>
I'm playing it right now. It's okay. The janitor is really fucking annoying though and forces you to do huge backtracks to hide from him a lot of times. For a faggot with a limp he sure does move fast. I'm still early on though I think. I can't fucking figure out what to do when this bitch gets taken by a tree monster. Fucking timed puzzles fuck off.
>>
>>388652851
you have to destroy all the plants in the school with the acid thing
>>
>>388652851
>I can't fucking figure out what to do when this bitch gets taken by a tree monster.
Hints:
Noticed the girl messing with the strange plants?
Remember the paper some class rep. wrote about her chemicals getting confiscated? (some fag took them and killed some trees with them)

Get to gym storage room, solve the medal puzzle to get the safe number (hints on 2 papers)
Get chemical from safe, kill EVERY strange plant, after you do, you'll hear a roar.
While running around get insect repellent from one of club rooms.
Enter the tree room, use chemical on tree, make it through quick time events and enjoy the rest.
>>
Is it better than the original game, or have they turned it into a jumpscares fest?
>>
There was an original?
>>
>>388654130
Some few years old hit mobile game.
>>
>>388653858
It's better obviously, but still maximum kusoge. Even Outlast is unironically better.
>>
>>388654313
it was on PC way before it was on mobile though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fMjk8ncX3g
>>
>>388654681
That would explain the overall shittiness.
>>
>>388654681
I find the original game crrepier than the remake, I don't know why.
Maybe because of the low poly.
>>
>denuvo
sasuga pqube
>>
>>388653447
Jesus what the fuck. I was fucking around with the calendar stickers thinking they did something. Found the insect repellent and I thought I could just use the light with it for a flamethrower but nope. Did find that safe though but only one note and then the medal case but had no idea they were related. Fucking hell man. Thanks.
>>
does it still have the same easter eggs as the original? like the gloves you could use to attack anally the janitors
>>
File: 1499246137940.jpg (929KB, 1794x1971px) Image search: [Google]
1499246137940.jpg
929KB, 1794x1971px
>>388652547
>DLC outfits...in a horror game.
The horror
>>
$30 PS2 graphics
>>
>>388658980
>implying low poly is a bad thing
>>
>>388657220

Those weren't DLC.
>>
Kim Seong-A is my waifu
>>
>>388662545
which one is that again? I'm really bad at remembering korean names
>>
>>388660936
Good goy
>>
>>388650781
Fuck off. Original White Day was great.
>>
File: fylav8.gif (2MB, 318x184px) Image search: [Google]
fylav8.gif
2MB, 318x184px
feels very old school survival horror, nu-male/v/ is gonna hate it.
>>
>>388663185
You say that because you got it for free.
It's mediocre at best.
>>
>>388663071
The short haired one,
>>
/v/ was memeing this game with urban legends of being so scary people killed themselves and shit years ago
>>
can we just all agree that the janitor is the only bad thing in this game?
>>
the only good scares require a guide to even see because theyre so fucking precise about where you need to stand, look, etc
>>
I worked on the phone port, which this is based off of. If you bought this game, I pity you. The only shit I can recommend this game for is the story.
>>
>>388663417
oh okay, personally I prefer the one with glasses because I'm a huge beta into nerdy looking girls
>>
I still haven't finished the original game. Too spook for me.
>>
>>388663624
>I worked on the phone port
yeah sure
to be fair the textures look way better and crisper in the PC port than in the mobile one, and it runs at 60 FPS
>>
I worked on the switch port it's great you guys!
>>
This is the first time I've actually found the Korean language tolerable to hear. I don't know if it was a voice director's decision but it sounds less grating. Maybe because they're speaking it slower than I typically hear.
>>
>>388663879
>>388663879
what was your role?
>>
>>388652154
>when Best Buy also started selling their games, they dropped down to the low $20 price range.
I love it. Fuck paying more because muh UK company
>>
>>388650723
I'll play it when there will be a mod fixing the sounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLJMXo_chqE
>>
>>388663481
I dunno, I feel like without the janitor, it would lose some of it'd be too easy. But they really should have eased up on him a little bit, because he appeared so often that it got annoying.
>>
>>388664952
he sounds like a tard, but he has some good points
>>
>>388664150
Eh, korean language is not that bad. At least not as bad as chinese, they fucking sound like ducks.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.