[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you asspained that Versus XIII turned into XV?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 450
Thread images: 70

File: Stella.Nox.Fleuret.full.99486.jpg (91KB, 1050x600px) Image search: [Google]
Stella.Nox.Fleuret.full.99486.jpg
91KB, 1050x600px
http://www.strawpoll.me/13816513

Are you asspained that Versus XIII turned into XV?
>>
I've never been more asspained about a video game cancellation.
>>
I'm only upset that this garbage is considered part of the mainline, and that we're getting another mainline title in the same vein as this.
>>
>>388647369
No.

While I'm not the biggest fan of Tabata I trust Nomura a hell of a lot less. He's got a bad track record, and Versus XIII looked like his attempt to turn Final Fantasy into Disney-less Kingdom Hearts. He's busy enough ruining Final Fantasy VII and the Kingdom Hearts franchise anyway.

XVs problem came from awkwardly stitching Tabata's vision and carcass of Versus XIII together into a single game (the writing especially), and it's still a solid game in the end despite that troubled development. I hope whatever Final Fantasy project Tabata does next gives him a bit more freedom do make something from the ground up so it can dodge the issues that plagued XV.
>>
File: 1367662545120.jpg (263KB, 794x732px) Image search: [Google]
1367662545120.jpg
263KB, 794x732px
I don't feel anything
>>
>>388648484
We are? We are getting another rushed out mainline title by a hack director and a shitty, inexperienced team?
>>
File: Tabatagate.jpg (205KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tabatagate.jpg
205KB, 960x720px
>>388647369
Yep
>>
>>388648904
Probably going to use the same assets from XV since they spent so many years on it, they need to get mileage out of a bad system.

All that's known is we're getting another action game that's completely unlike the actual role-playing games.
>>
>>388649234
XVK will most likely not use much from XV, since it will be by a different director and may not even use Luminous. That engine seems to be for BD2. Not that it matters, the next mainline is actually VII Remake and it's being developed by Square's best possible team so if that game sucks then we know for sure that they can't make a good game anymore.
>>
>>388649415
*XVI
>>
>>388649415
Luminous is guaranteed to be used again in the future, after all the propaganda it got i cant see they throwing it away.
>>
i am asspained that they took all the money FFXIV made and instead of using it to fix it they used it on this garbage
>>
>>388649415
>a remake is the next mainline game
What? It's not even its own entity, it's a retread from the original game with le action XV spin.
>>
>>388649614
Right, by BD2, who probably isn't making another mainline title until after XVI and VII Remake come out. Their next title will either be a Type-0 sequel, or if Tabata gets his way, something original.
>>
>>388649664
The games being directed by Nomura.
If anything, it'll be more reminiscent of Versus XIII's battle system than XV's.
>>
>>388649664
Are we really gonna pretend that Square isn't gonna treat VII Remake like it's a mainline game?
>>
>>388649629
XIV was fundamentally garbage. At least now it's making money off of cattle like you who won't let the garbage recede into obscurity.
>>
>>388649816
So unabashed Kingdom Hearts instead of "we're totally not Kingdom Hearts guys pls buy"?
>>
>>388650036
It will be like a mix of Dissidia and KH, since it also has the same battle director as the Dissidia games.
>>
what's next tough,i wanna see something new as XVI,i hope they dont make it agni's philosophy
>>
>>388650036
Yes.

If it turns out to be shit I hope it kills off the Nomura worship that started after Versus got canned, since there's no scapegoat like the Osaka team or Tabata to blame for the quality this time.
>>
Playing the new Kingdom Hearts and FF7R will only make me remember how Versus got forever destroyed.

FUCK
>>
>>388650237
>It will be like a mix of Dissidia and KH
I don't understand why people say this. It looks identical to Crisis Core without the PSP limitations. It's nothing like Dissidia or KH.
>>
>>388647369
Yes, but I'm even more assblasted we didn't get to play the 2013/2014 game gameplay wise and prolly never will.

https://youtu.be/xNdGGlHtmcg
Looking at THIS hurts me more.
>>
>>388651561
That was Versus.
>>
File: 1428470596280.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1428470596280.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
You know, I kind of dread Final Fantasy XVI. They're too focused on getting extra money off of XV, and working on KH3 and VIIR to try to get some major idea into motion for the next mainline Final Fantasy, but seriously. XII was panned for being really goddamn boring as a Final Fantasy game overall, XIII and its trilogy series easily overwhelm II, VIII and X as the most controversial and polarizing games in the franchise, XIV is just another MMO rather than something truly unique in its own right, and XV is.. A hand-slaughtered mess released to critical success despite being thought to be a terrible game by those outside the mainstream.

If this were any other franchise besides Final Fantasy, most devs would've packed up and left. But another mainline title is inevitable, and I really don't want to see the sheer development hell or excess budget put into something not really all that notable for yet another game that radically switches everything up simply because it can rather than thinking of what optimal designs they can get out of it.
>>
>>388651770
Nah, the video is from the game after it fell into Tabata's hands.
Too bad he thought the attack animations look to fluid and exciting and decided to swap them with some wonky mo-capped shit with zero weight, style and responsiveness
>>
>>388651793
>II, VIII and X
>controversial and polarizing
Please. Even that is an overstatement.
>>
>>388651936
>Nah, the video is from the game after it fell into Tabata's hands.
And he deleted it all because it was Versus.
>>
>>388651561
That basically counts as Versus.
>>
>>388647369
I'm not asspained about what they called it.

I'm asspained that the game sucks

And I'm asspained that they CLEARLY didn't have even an idea for what the game should be until a few years AFTER it was announced.
>>
>>388647369
Not asspained, but dissapointed and i wish they would've just cancelled it rather than turning it into a mainline early access FF
>>
>>388651936
Everything we saw in 2013 was by Nomura, it was the last of his work we saw before he was replaced by Tabata.
>>
>>388651951
Maybe not controversial for II, since it's "that obscure FF everyone ignores because you beat up your own party for stat ups" in most people's eyes, but VIII still has people spiting its existence to this day because it wasn't VII-2 among other things like the dumb plot and Draw system bringing ire.

And I don't know how many people are contrarian or shitposting, or genuine anymore with X. Some seem to hate it solely because of Tidus, always pointing towards the crow laugh scene like it epitomizes everything bad about the game. Some really hate it because it's, well, linear and kind of boring with disjointed pacing, or they don't like the mostly one-dimensional party. But it's the game I literally can never see the same opinion twice on, everyone that talks about X hates it or likes it.
>>
>>388651561
I like how everything is bit too fast to be realistic and animations kinda cancel into each other.
The final game tried too hard to overanimate everything
>>
>>388652249
That particular video is from 2014 though and uses Duscae's system

Still I'd also love to play the 2013 game with command deck in real time like KH but more grounded and heavier
>>
>>388651561
Everything is so simple but way better. XV had way too much shit that just makes it worse overall. Even the Gladio DLC proves that it would be better if they just removed 70% ofit and really tried to balance and improve on that system.
>>
>>388652338
Right about 2, it is just obscure and bad. 8 and 10 weren't controversial, they just have some really vocal haters. 15 has a full 10 points lower in the user scores on metacritic and a myriad of completely ignored 'content' that you were supposed to indulge in before or after you played the game. It's the first FF that doesn't have a fanbase with ground to stand on. It doesn't even have a Lightning.
>>
>>388651561
It's funny how this is arguably more automated because the game swaps weapons automatically and handles all the combo-warping, and yet it still looks more fun than the final product simply because it looks snappier and less cumbersome than the final product. But it also highlights to me that every real gameplay demonstration of XV was pretty much the same shit of using the courtyard and peppering it with behemoths, iron giants and niflheim magitek troopers, as if it was a gigantic testbed area for everything.
>>
File: 1486559389677 (1).jpg (30KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1486559389677 (1).jpg
30KB, 600x450px
No optional summons, that's a crime
>>
>>388652770
Nah, Epidsode Gladio is too bare bones and feels like a poor man's Yakuza game.

Honestly, I feel like Ep. Duscae's system had the biggest potential
>swapping the weapons order gave flexibility to how your combos go, making you in control of combat knowing everything is consistent
>weapons skills added extra layer of depth and could also tie into progression since we know by the exp. tailing screen they were supposed to be upgradable
>magic didn't take up the weapon slot, thete were more attack animations per weapon

If you could also customize how the air combos went within this system, it would be fucking sweet
>>
>>388652496
>That particular video is from 2014 though and uses Duscae's system
The same gameplay was seen in the E3 2013 trailer. It's Versus, Duscae wasn't like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ-OgqeXanE
>>
>>388652496
Yup. The game got progressively worse since Tabata took over.
>>
>>388653126
Well, if it's anything like Duscae then the roder of the weapons is automated, but you set them up beforehand however you want. I kinda like that system more especially since weapons back then had passive and active abilites, so you actualyl had a reason to start with a certain weapon or end with another or even use weapons that have worse stats but better abilites.
I also hate how link strikes take your control away and sometimes just kinda happen.
In Duscae you had to move into a circle and activate them if you want to without your party teleporting into place.
>>
Speaking of Duscae, why was the combat in the demo better than the final game?
>>
>>388647369
Fuck yes

I loved Versus 13 concept, it was fucking genius, Advent Children DBZ fights in a somewhat realistic modern day setting (fantasy based on reality) also Insomnia was just oozing with atmosphere, i couldn't wait to explore it

Stella's design was also refreshing because she was semi realistic, i remember people complained how boring & plain she looked, but that was the fucking point

>mfw they turned Stella into a moeblob
>>
>>388653382
Nah, the way the weapons order go is clearly from Duscae. You can see that he always uses the Greatsword as the combo starter, then the one-handed sword for the main combo and finishes it with the spear.
There are elements from E3 gameplay like the enemies parkour and Armiger functionality, but it's still the Duscae system at its core
>>
>>388653476
the entire system was so fucking dumbed down, it's ridiculous. it even reached a point for me where I Link Striked some Tonberry Knights to death because it kept activating on every single one of them and it was jarring every time
and yet for how much XV simplifies itself and holds your hand about various things, they didn't even remotely bother to explain that your current weapon selection affects your overall stats, which means shoving a Royal Arm into a slot is almost essential if you want good combat stats early to mid-game
>>
>>388653126
>It's funny how this is arguably more automated
>than holding O
>>
>>388653694
Duscae is Versus' system at its core you mean.
>>
>>388653528
Imo because it had more customization and depth, but overall less options than the final game.
XV throws a lot of options and shit at you, but you barely end up using most of them and after the first feedback they went overboard with the style over substance teleporting. V13 and early XV footage had some simple air combos and stuff from what we've seen, but in XV you just dash all over the place with the dagger or shortsword, but not mention the armiger which is basicly uncontrolalbe it just does whatever the fuck it wants.

For some reason they changed almost all of hte combat system instead of trying to improve on the duscae system, all it needed was some quick magic that uses mp and can also be casted while moving maybe with a slide or just as sidestep or something, give you manual control over summons and make items limited per fight.
Other than that the final game would've just provided you with move weapons and more summons and magic etc, that would've added to the customization.
Devs really need to understand that 1000 things isn't better than 10 things that are well balanced
>>
Guys. Duscae played like Versus was supposed to play, it was just clunkier in execution because BD2.
>>
>>388653528
When people bitched about real time weapon switching, they thought they would get something like 2013 trailer where you could see a minimum of 8 weapons being swapped real time.

Also, casuals' """feedback""".
>>
>>388653947
Sure, XV's combat is retardedly simple by just running up and holding a button to combo things, but that gameplay footage basically autowarps you in and out and with a select weapon order to go through as it autocycles every single attack. While there would've been pre-planning and so forth, in practice.. you'd still be mashing circle and "cool things would happen"
>>
>>388654112
I wouldn't really say it like that, it's definitely closer to V13 than anything in the final game, but V13 had some simple air combos and stuff. But it's definitely close, even the dodge animations and the spear attack and short sword animations are the same as in the V13 videos. But they started to make shit too "realistic" at some point and overanimate everything.
I hate how "combos" in the final game have a clear animation cycle that starts and ends at some point and everything other than that like ending after a third hit just looks unnatural because you always the backtstep
>>
The CGI for Versus 13 was pretty damn good, you didn't even need any dialogue for people to understand what was going on between Noctis & Stella, there was some real emotional weight there without knowing the characters at all, the actual Versus 13 game however living up to this hype probably wasn't possible.

But still XV completely fucked this, you didn't care about Noctis & Luna, nor did anyone understand what the fuck was going on between them even 20 hours in, i still have no idea why they dropped the rivalry between them & turned Stella into such a helpless generic princess.
>>
>>388654030
Ech, I don't think Versus was supposed to have the same particular weapons order selection.
I know you were supposed to set the weapons deck beforehand, but I think the game just picked up which weapon within that deck to use depending on stuff like the distance between you and the enemy, sorta like KH

Still we've sern to little of that to be sure
>>
>>388651793
What was the last FF game released to universal acclaim? VI? That was over 20 years ago.
Of course, I know the series sold like crazy in the PS1 era, but everything released from the PS2 on has been polarizing if not mostly reviled.
>>
>>388654584
X. X had a vocal minority that hated it, but it was generally acclaimed. Sold super well and rated highly.
>>
File: rip in rip.webm (750KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
rip in rip.webm
750KB, 640x350px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBilT83Uq4A

>you will never play Versus
>>
>>388654584
X. Really the only games that got ultra praise were 7 and 10.
>>
>>388654409
I miss some things like eye movements or frowning etc.
In XV they throw the emotions way too hard in your face so that even the biggest retard know what you're suppsoed to feel in that situation, to the point where you don't feel much because it feels so acted.
Even fucking KH CG scene do it better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiIx9VJWSl8
How hard can it be to be subtle, your brain is built to pick up small things like that.
>>
File: whadya mean.png (352KB, 593x712px) Image search: [Google]
whadya mean.png
352KB, 593x712px
I will always be butthurt about it.
>>
man, even with XV, what the fuck is that Prompto gameplay? I expected a mix of third person shooter and stealth, but instead stealth basically is nonexistent and the TPS parts are solely for specific weapons while being absolutely terrible about it. and melee combat is functionally worthless.

don't even get me started on his DLC's final boss, which is literally a ten minute long "hold the fire button and shoot him in the glowing parts" turret section
>>
>>388654751
>Ravus used to be a mysterious mage summoner who was the one actually stealing the crystal.
>Not just a moany bitch who has identity crysis being two completely different characters across the movie and the game
>>
File: StellaXVPortrait.png (758KB, 1366x738px) Image search: [Google]
StellaXVPortrait.png
758KB, 1366x738px
>>388647369
I still miss her. It still fucking hurts, /v/.
>>
File: 1480667378588.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480667378588.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>388654869
Dude I'd argue that Vagrant Story did that shit better than FFXV.
>>
>>388647369
What kind of fucking name is "Versus XIII"? It's retarded
>>
>>388655021
They honestly feel like they only thought about what the gameplay was supposed to be like a half a year before they came out and even then the Prompto DLC doesn't even feel like you're holding a gun
>>
>>388655103
Now that's not fair, VS was too ahead of it's time. That intro still holds up
>>
>>388655103
Tbh with the majority of XV's cutscenes I couldn't help but be reminded of Dragon Dogma's cutscenes in how cheap they were made.
They had to cut corners pretty bad on this game and it's too obvious
>>
File: 1479606344213.webm (2MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479606344213.webm
2MB, 852x480px
>>388655337
They have the production values of a cheap chinese MMO.
>>
>>388655103
>BLACKED
Cor's animation in that scene always looked so weird, like he just took a shit in his pants
>>
>>388655182
It was to interpret the lore of Fabula Nova Crystalis in an opposite way of XIII. In XIII, the characters were treated to miracles and dreams coming true. Versus was to tear into that by making the characters suffer due to the harsh truth of reality.

Also, XIII's color scheme was white, while Versus's color scheme was black.
>>
Reading this thread make me wonder what if that rumor Versus XV did happen... it would be a disaster on this board everyone will keep talking about it for another decade.
>>
>>388654869
>I'll think of something to pay them back 100 fold
Never ever. Goddamnit...
>>
>>388655647
It didn't sound like V13 anyway and VXV doesn't even make sense. It would've just been weird nightmare shit for Noctis
>>
>>388655729
You're thinking of World of Versus. The Versus XV rumor was basically Nomura's game coming back with a new title.
>>
>>388654869
>>388655691
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6kNTfS4320
Subs.

People will say Versus wasn't a game but this trailer alone shows something worth playing even if it only lasted an hour or two.
>>
Versus 13 only ever existed in your head. You're essentially asking people to choose between imagination and reality. Don't act surprised when imagination wins.
>>
>>388655337
>>388655423
It honestly feels like they were running out of time late in development, especially given that entire recasting of Noctis in english after Duscae that ended up going back to the same actor anyway, and thus they got the lines together and then lazily slapped the scenes up.

Certain sidequests have unique animation, too, but the vast majority of the game is spent just.. standing there cycling generic emotes and animations just like an MMO as characters talk back and forth. The voice work may be good, but the execution was fucking terrible. Couple that with a few dozen sidequests that exist solely for items, recipes and experience and it's all fucking bloat.
>>
File: 1480524782803.jpg (31KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480524782803.jpg
31KB, 720x960px
>>388654869
>summon command
just kill me now
>>
>>388655647
Won't happen
XV was a financial success and they need to milk it as much as possible.
Making a "Versus XV" would be the same as admitting their game is crap which they'll never do.

The closest thing we can get is Lucis world in KH3, but seeing how Nomura is adamant on not acknowledging XV's existence, it will probably not happen
>>
>>388655103
What was the point of this character again?
>>
>>388655983
You say right as someone posts a 6 minute trailer with 4 minutes of gameplay. Yup, we all imagined those trailers.
>>
>>388655836
Oh, well that shit will never happen.
Honestly the characters are already part of that story and game now and Nomura will sit on 7R and KH forever now
>>
>>388655947
>noctis orgy
i'll miss this forever
>>
>>388656067
I'm now realizing that the only character that functionally served a purpose in the entire game besides the main party and the main antagonist was Aranea, and she is literally a good guy after a single battle yet gets more development than the majority of the cast.
>>
>>388655947
It shows quite a lot imo for a game of wihich people always say only concept and cg existed of.
The HUD + HP and MP is already working, Insomnia has at least 4-5 different areas, evn interiors + the airship part and we even see some fields and forest parts and noctis even uses the spear in one scene.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRF_4Ewaxt4
We even saw the gas station and another area in this trailer. Of course it's far from finished, but for some reason tons of people always act like it's been nothing but a conept
>>
>>388656540
That's just XV-kun and XV-kun lites shitposting.
>>
>tfw was hoping for Noctis to meet up with Iris after the time skip to finally have a mature love talk and impregnant her to ensure the royal line lives even after his sacrifice
>they had much more relationship and chemistry between each other anyway so it'd make more sense
>the fucking cutscene with Luna in the after life out of nowhere

I'm probably biased being an iris-fag, but it felt so forced and ruined the entire camp scene for me
>>
>>388656540
I even like the walking animation more than in the final game, just like everything else in the final game it's way too overaniamted and Noctis looks around too much and plays with hair all the time and the actual walking cycle looks like the can barely get his feet off the ground.
This shit just has a simple walking animation but works and there's a small hop after after step.
Square has some of the best mocap setups in the business how can they not jsut replicate that shit or keep it that way
>>
>>388656540
there's no way in hell i'm buying XV a second time for PC, but it'd be neat to see modders change up the combat system back to its less retarded roots
>>
>>388656540
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2en0gdL5T4

They also had the core story down ages ago but it being far more fleshed out. From Versus trailers it seems like you start the game driving to the party, meet stella, then a mini invasion happens. After that the king sends Noctis away for the 'road trip' which looks more like the guys killing people and monsters, and then they come back to a ruined town later. Then you get the scene where Noctis fights Stella and Ravus and then the cutscene where Ignis talks about that hundredfold plan.

10/10 intro to the first of 3 planned games imo. Better than XV already.
>>
>>388656836
I didn't even care about Iris, but the Luna scene is still retarded, we barely get to know her and even though she's Noctis childhood friend, he hasn't seen her since he was a small kid and then she dies and we get the CG scene which looks really nice and i well done, but it's still not really enough for me to care. And the throne scene at the end which takes all the built up out of the camp scene because Noctis lives a weird happy end after life and Luna can join him to look at photos.
It honestly felt like something they added a few months before the game went gold. If that scene wouldn't exist you could easily remove Luna from the game and not much would change, just give Gentiana the ring she'd probably the a better job at delivering it anyway.

And then Tabata even goes on about DLC to make Luna and "even stronger" character, wtf man
>>
File: unknown (1).png (142KB, 1839x288px) Image search: [Google]
unknown (1).png
142KB, 1839x288px
>>388656041
It's Square Enix we talking about here. if they want to print more money anything is possible i guess.
>>
>>388657239
I'll pirate it since I'm sure modders will fuck around with the game heavily. It's clearly a mod friendly engine even if they didn't include tools and apparently they are.
>>
>>388657239
I won't get my hopes up for a modder to put enough time and effort into it.
Most people that really want a better combat system/whole game probably already moved on or won't waste their time on this just to make it better, it will still stay XV.
They'd even have to change the whole balance the the way enemies move and react to hits.
>>
>>388657302
That image seems reasonable honstly. Square Enix was in dire straits which is what caused all this shit to happen. Now that they're comfortable thanks to FF14, they could go back to making FF games that live up to their legacy. And they made a lot of money from the essentially low budget pile of shit that was XV 1.0.
>>
>>388657572
It just takes one autist to do it, look up the KH2FM mods people have made just using cheat codes.
>>
>>388657703
>tfw willing to be that autist because Versus/Nomura's XV used to be my dream game conceptually

only have to dedicate myself to learning how to mod
>>
>>388657703
Yeah, but XV is a whole other case. And in KH case i doubt they did it because they disliked one version and wanted another.
I just don't think there's one guy that was dissapointed in XV to actaully waste even more time on it. If so, then good luck that guy or group, it will probably take ages
>>
>>388657860
>an idea guy
get out of here

>>388657920
XV is infinitely easier to mod though I can see it happening
>>
>>388657572
>They'd even have to change the whole balance the the way enemies move and react to hits.
I mean, most enemies in the game have stagger animations of various sorts. It just doesn't activate half the time unless the enemy's weak / weaker than you. Some tweaks to stagger chance could help that.

Attack animations with little to no tells on the other hand is a lot harder to figure, since Tabata decided to make most of the player damage come from both clusterfuck jamborees and basically getting sidecocked by a hit that came out of almost nowhere.
>>
File: versus.jpg (171KB, 1817x715px) Image search: [Google]
versus.jpg
171KB, 1817x715px
>>388657243
>They also had the core story down ages ago but it being far more fleshed out. From Versus trailers it seems like you start the game driving to the party, meet stella, then a mini invasion happens. After that the king sends Noctis away for the 'road trip' which looks more like the guys killing people and monsters, and then they come back to a ruined town later. Then you get the scene where Noctis fights Stella and Ravus and then the cutscene where Ignis talks about that hundredfold plan.
ugh
>>
these daily threads shitting on the shit that ffxv is are the best, the grief will never leave tough
>>
File: like clockwork.jpg (165KB, 1834x836px) Image search: [Google]
like clockwork.jpg
165KB, 1834x836px
>>388658417
reminder that xv-kun reads them when he wakes up even though he can't post. and gets really really mad.
>>
File: FFXV-TabataGameDesign2.png (12KB, 623x160px) Image search: [Google]
FFXV-TabataGameDesign2.png
12KB, 623x160px
Defend this.
>>
It's so meta.
>>
>>388658971
There is no defending this. I'd like to see someone other than XV-kun argue that XV's combat is superior to KH II.
>>
>>388659097
inb4 he shows up in 3 hours and replies to you with that one webm
>>
File: FFXV-TabataGameDesign.png (122KB, 444x221px) Image search: [Google]
FFXV-TabataGameDesign.png
122KB, 444x221px
>Final Fantasy XVI announced
>Creative director: Hajime Tabata
>>
File: C_zRN24U0AArEYw.jpg (168KB, 1200x658px) Image search: [Google]
C_zRN24U0AArEYw.jpg
168KB, 1200x658px
Even Square's own employees are asspained.
>>
>>388659264
>let's throw out conventional game design that exists for a reason to emphasize our fantasy based off of reality
>the game devolves into taking cheap hits and spamming restoratives as a result
>>
>>388651793
Wait, there are people that actually liked II?
>>
>>388659671
There are people that unironically like The Room, there's people that like II. But then I never see anyone liking the Famicom version.
>>
File: 1466339191857.jpg (666KB, 1000x2141px) Image search: [Google]
1466339191857.jpg
666KB, 1000x2141px
>>388659671
I mean, I "liked" it but I would still rate it low and I am indeed asspained.
>>
>someone's inevitably going to mod the Leviathan boss fight to play Open Your Heart
>>
>>388659989
Don't forget His World
>>
File: GeraltThumbsUp.jpg (54KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
GeraltThumbsUp.jpg
54KB, 600x338px
>>388659989
>>388660069
>Live & Learn replaces Ardyn fight
>>
>>388660143
shit man i don't want to touch ardyn in his big pink boils
>>
File: DDu1MARV0AAm1I9.jpg (33KB, 420x483px) Image search: [Google]
DDu1MARV0AAm1I9.jpg
33KB, 420x483px
I don't get why so many people on the internet seem to really like XV, maybe i'm just too hard on it i can't even tell anymore.
But the whole dlc and updates and anime and movie shit is already too much for me, not to mention the problems the game has itself like one hunt at a time, the whole game balance, the combat system, the story and characters or rather the lack of.
But i guess a lot of people are too easily blinded by flashy easy combat and random sad scenes to see the whole thing. No wonder the FF standard went down over the years.
I just don't get how someone can not see all the story and gameplay problem or speak up about them more, way too many people act like it's okay for a mainline FF to just be okay like this.
>>
File: IMG_20170824_223105.jpg (131KB, 1104x921px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170824_223105.jpg
131KB, 1104x921px
>>388660325
Agreed, he's disgusting enough already.
>>
>>388660590
Most people are fucking retards.
>>
Anyone else find shitting on this game oddly comfy? It feels cathartic in a way.
>>
File: 1503788534484.jpg (3MB, 2400x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1503788534484.jpg
3MB, 2400x3000px
>>388660590
Guilty pleasure for me. I just enjoy wandering around flashily killing things in my nice car and the ending. It's a bad game. I am very asspained.
>>
>>388660838
>So rather than finishing the incomplete mess that is XV you make this?
What are they referring to?
>>
>>388660590
It feels like with the anime, and the movie and all, they both knew they couldn't fit Insomnia and character development in the game's asstight development at that point, and they simultaneously wanted to overtake both XIII and VII in terms of expanded universe content to make some new mainstay compendium shit or somesuch.
>>
File: 1503791766612.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503791766612.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>388660825
Same. It's enjoyable to make fun of Tabata.
>>
File: 1503790160743.jpg (79KB, 870x577px) Image search: [Google]
1503790160743.jpg
79KB, 870x577px
>>388660978
The Fishing VR DLC, probably.
>>
>More action RPG shit

Final Fantasy is dead to me
>>
Tabata is a westaboo piece of trash that thinks boss fights that take two days to beat are fun or cool.
>>
File: 1471256309939.jpg (12KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
1471256309939.jpg
12KB, 224x224px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXJFbsQBvLw
>>
File: Neo Exdeath.webm (3MB, 1214x758px) Image search: [Google]
Neo Exdeath.webm
3MB, 1214x758px
Why aren't you playing the better Final Fantasy game?
>>
>>388661679
People will forever shit on it because it's an MMO, that said ARR is actually one hell of a grind. But you can easily just skip all the filler dialouge since ht game makes it clear what's filler and what's not.
The best thing is that people always shit on XIVs gameplay while calling old FF gameplay amazing.
>>
>>388658185
>in order to give a single fuck about the game you have to watch a shit movie and an absolute shit anime
Kingsglaive is a quadrillion times better than XV tho, Nyx is the hero we needed.
But I can't believe i wasted bandwidth on fucking sisterhood, FUCK SQUARE, FUCK TABATA BUT ABOVE ALL FUCK MY FUCKING LIFE LIFE.
FUCK
>>
>>388661989
>The best thing is that people always shit on XIVs gameplay
Because it's a fucking MMO. There's nothing more boring than this style of combat.
>>
File: 1U04Sp4.jpg (204KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1U04Sp4.jpg
204KB, 1200x900px
Lets suffer together anons
>>
>>388662147
Very shaft.
>>
>>388662082
Kingsglaive was fucking horrible.
>>
File: FmGRQ8H.jpg (179KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
FmGRQ8H.jpg
179KB, 1200x900px
>>388662147
>>
File: Battle Dualhorn Fight.webm (3MB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
Battle Dualhorn Fight.webm
3MB, 700x392px
>>388662091
>There's nothing more boring than this style of combat.
This. ARPG is literally the future.
>>
File: 1503790255440.jpg (198KB, 1005x959px) Image search: [Google]
1503790255440.jpg
198KB, 1005x959px
>>388662147
>>
>>388662082
>Nyx is the hero we needed.
And then he isn't even offhandedly mentioned in the game, and all you get is a fake corpse of him strung up by Ardyn to mess with you.
>>
>>388662147
>>388662289
Where's this from?
>>
>>388662481
A fan event that happened some months ago
>>
File: IMG_20170829_143241.jpg (51KB, 510x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170829_143241.jpg
51KB, 510x384px
>>388662390
>>
>>388662481
A fan event for xv
These are Ferarri's storyboards of the nomura version of xv. After versus was canceled but before tabata fully took over
>>
>>388662390
That's why there's fewer ARPGs being released right and turn based is seeing a resurgence?
>>
File: Oldprompto.jpg (195KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Oldprompto.jpg
195KB, 1200x900px
Also, what appears to be a screenshot from the Ebony build from 2013

RIP old Prompto
>>
>>388662091
Sure man, but people should stop acting like turn based is the best thing ever.
EX fights and savage fights in XIV shit on everything else in the series
MMO don't stay the same on lvl 1 compard to lvl 60, this isn't FFXV.
But as i said, people will forever shit on it, mostly the ones that never played it.

But i'll stop arguing about it never leads anywhere. Continue with your V13 talk
>>
>>388662390
I didn't say that. Combat should be fun, FF14's combat and XV for that matter is not fun.
>>
>>388662147
I never understood why they couldn't use phones or some shit. Even the 2012 and 2014 trailer still had phonecalls, hell even the final game has phonescalls and they talk about way more important shit than your Luna conversations
>>
>>388662748
>literally retarded p2p mmo fanboy thinking he has a valid opinion
>>
>>388662390
I can't even tell if this is sarcastic or not anymore
>>
File: ;_;.webm (383KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
;_;.webm
383KB, 500x278px
>>388662748
>tried the closed beta
>enjoyed it
>a lot
>tfw too poorfag to get the monthly fee
>>
>>388662853
Exactly, as someone who enjoys XV's combat I'd never call it "good" or "fun" it's just very flashy. It misses what made flashy good in KH: you had to actually input shit with correct timing to see flashy results.
>>
File: T13.webm (3MB, 1152x720px) Image search: [Google]
T13.webm
3MB, 1152x720px
>>388662634
They're both shit. Single Player JRPGs are archaic trash.
>>
>>388662713
What is this from?
>>
>>388662889
Possibility of wiretapping maybe?
>>
File: 1503813518547.jpg (181KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1503813518547.jpg
181KB, 1200x900px
Cor is in the party in one of these screenshots.
>>
>>388663157
I got it from some Nip on twitter,i believe it is from the same event that had the storyboards from Ferrari
>>
File: bads.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bads.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>388662975
It's literally the first and only MMO i played and i only started a few months ago.
I finished every FF except for XI. And if XIVs gamplay is not fun then FF combat has never been fun, cause selecting "Attack" from the menu 90% of the time isn't exactly amazing either. I'm not even saying that XIV gameplay is great you insecure shit, neither is XVs gameplay.
The only FF game that comes close to it is not even a mainline game.

And XV didn't even have to try to make it more fun, all they had to do is just copy KH or keep the older system. SE is just full of retards.
>>
>>388663183
Nah, more like some "muh poetic" excuse
>>
FF has never been great, so why would it start here.
They range from bad to rather good, but most of them were always just grafix showcases at their release with a simple story attached to them and turn based to make those visuals work.
>>
>>388663471
>literally retarded p2p mmo fanboy thinking he has a valid opinion
>>
File: 8y3YNS8.jpg (190KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8y3YNS8.jpg
190KB, 1920x1080px
>>388663471
We never got this..

why live?
>>
Final Fantasy had been taking steps towards more interesting, challenging gameplay since X, but then XV came and fucked it up by making it absurdly simple and easy. At least with XIII only the first 10 hours of the 60 story were easy. In XV all 20 hours of the story are piss easy.
>>
>>388647369
>http://www.strawpoll.me/13816513
Yes, Anally anhilated.
>>
>>388656067
shame. looked like Cor would have gotten a bigger role or part of the main party, but got rid of him probably due to an older man disrupting the whole bro trip thing they were going for. That was their reasoning for not having female party main members
>>
Whenever I read these threads I get the impression that most Versus XIII fanboys are Kingdom Hearts fans rather than long-time Final Fantasy fans.
>>
>>388664279
I've never had that impression, KH isn't mentioned much and KH fans are typically also long-time FF fans. So.
>>
>>388664279
I'm both. I also generally love Nomura stuff though, like Advent Children.
>>
>>388663727
>Altissia is just a few roads interconnecting on two small parts of the overall city, though a lot of it really is mapped out and able to be walked on
>Tenebrae went from a mountainous castle region to a bunch of flaming nothing in the background, and the game doesn't even properly explore why it's such a big deal when it appears for all of 10 minutes before you're off in the plot
>the entire second continent is nothing more than a bunch of train stations and shit along the way that don't even remotely matter, despite having working roads and vehicular pathing along them

>>388664279
I'd rather have KH-like combat than whatever the fuck XV was trying to do. If you're going to make an Action RPG, you do it well or else.
>>
>>388664279
Why not both?
>>
>>388664279
Does it really matter? You don't have to like one or the other to like what versus was trying to do
>>
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/359157317
If happened, how hyped would you be?
>>
>>388664765
I'd lose my mind. But it ain't gonna happen. Death Stranding being Silent Hills in disguise is more likely at this point.
>>
>>388664765
>https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/359157317
even if its true they would probably change all characters and location names/artstyle and call it FFXVI
>>
>>388664765
It won't happen, because kh3 was confirmed to not have any final fantasy worlds, just like every other game in the series. Whoever decided to attentionfag that day really didn't do his research
>>
>>388657243
>he king sends Noctis away for the 'road trip'
to me it always seemed like they where fleeing from the city than an actual road trip.

BTW It wasnt just the core story but the entire story was already done and planned. It was Tabatha who decided to hack and change it.
>>
>>388648546
This except I'd rather Tabata be kept away from mainline FF.
>>
>>388665081
>was confirmed
Square Enix "confirms" a lot of shit bruh.
>>
>>388665329
Are you purposely being retarded? Or would you like to point out a FF world in any past game or any hint that a FF world will be announced despite 15+ years saying otherwise?
>>
>>388665119
https://youtu.be/g2en0gdL5T4?t=142

This part just seems like how XV currently starts, with them leaving. And there's that piece where "a last act of love by the king" or whatever implying the story is similar to KG/XV where he sends his son away.

I think the invasion was qulled, then the king convinces Noctis to go hunting, then Noctis turns back to go home when a bigger invasion happens.

The cutscenes don't really line up if all of the Insomnia stuff happens back to back, there would have had to been something in between these visits to the city for it to make sense.

And I don't believe it simply doesn't make sense and was just very underdeveloped because it's not hard to write something kind of coherent for simply an intro to the game. Nomura isn't Tabata after all.
>>
>>388665532
Just saying, no need to get mad.
>>
>>388666187
>don't know what I'm talking about
>u mad
k
>>
>>388665647
>to go hunting
More like to get the Royal Arms, but other than that yeah you might be on to something.
>>
>>388666473
The Royal Arms were so pointless, honestly. Sure, they're dramatic finishers, but the story doesn't try to imply that getting them got Noctis some sort of contract ala the summons, you just sort of get them and don't even need to have them all by endgame. The only one that mattered at all was the Sword of the Father, and that's because the not-rival stole it in the movie and then died to deliver it.
>>
>>388665647
I dont know man judging from the trailer they are attacking you at a party and then you have some cut-scenes of the gang being all accelerated and panicked while driving the care at max speed in the freeways.
>>
File: Leviathan-XV.webm (3MB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Leviathan-XV.webm
3MB, 600x400px
At what point did you realize that this game was garbage? For me it was during Altissia but more specifically the Leviathan """fight""".
>>
>>388666756
There are a bunch of trailers.
>>
>>388666856
When your car breaks down less than 5 minutes from the capital city. That or the stupid Ifrit sequence.
>>
>>388666856
I realized it as soon as the second half of the game kicked in and I realized I had to teleport back to the first half by a magic dog.
>>
>>388666856
Yeah it was pretty shit. They could have made it pretty cool, like some ZOE shit.
>>
>>388647369
i didn't pay attention to versus prerelease, i don't care what it was supposed to be

ff15 sucks ass though
>>
>>388666958
>A Final Fantasy game for long time fans and new comers
>Hold R1 to push a car as Stand by Me plays
I'm sorry but whoever thought this was how a Final Fantasy game should start when you had intros like the bombing mission from VII or the kidnapping of Garnet from IX needs to be fired and preferably never work in the industry again.
>>
>>388667293
Tabatha fired everyone who thought it was a bad idea, saying they have "Final Fantasy Disease". That's why the game was unfinished.
>>
>>388666856
Uncovered. Bought and enjoyed it anyway, despite the immense grief of thinking about what it could have been.
>>
>>388667293
Was FF8 the last time the opening sequence of a FF game was this tame?
>>
Stand By Me > Somnus
>>
>>388667293
Nomura should direct a mainline FF. He at least very clearly understood how they should start.
>>
>>388647369
Asspained is too strong a word I think. Sad, disappointed, sure. But I'm past being angry. Hell, at this point, I just want the story to get out. The full story of what happened during that 10 years.
>>
>>388667778
7Re
>>
>>388667542
VIII had the Dollet invasion, honestly just about every FF intro has been hype as fuck. XV's was clearly going to be the Insomnia invasion but IT WAS FUCKING SCRAPPED FOR A MOVIE.
>>
>>388667778
This, where has he gone wrong? He gave us kh1 and 2, and TWEWY. Even if the handheld kh games are retarded their still fun and functional. Look at the mess of XV, the games a fucking tragedy.
>>
Why did they change engines twice (Ebony or what ever for PS3 versus) to Luminous?
Then Luminous couldn't handle the open world scope they tried to do either during Versus or XV? Why bother?
>>
>>388667426

"What's the "Final Fantasy disease"? Tabata frankly explained: "It refers to people within the company who can't imagine anything other than their own view of Final Fantasy."

We finally have a name for XV-kun autism
>>
>>388667675
Said no one ever.

>>388667809
His own, original mainline. Not a remake. After that, Yoko Taro deserves a turn.
>>
>>388668014
Twewy wasn't directed by nomura
>>
>>388667542
>Was FF8 the last time the opening sequence of a FF game was this tame?
>Seifer and Whatever having a dope ass fight to one of the best songs in the entire series
>both characters get iconic scars

Dude how the FUCK is the opening sequence of FF8 tame?
>>
>>388668108
My mistake then, the point still stands.
>>
>>388667809
7RE looks bad.
>>
>>388668134
It's easy to forget about that part and only think about what comes after "New Game"
>>
>>388662147
>Had a scene where Stella tries out new clothes with Gentiana
>Cut this

Why
Why
WHY
>>
>>388668051
Anyone who disagrees with him has the disease. If anything XV-kun and Tabata are the only ones with the disease.

Obviously people who made FF games know full well what it is about FF that makes them good, and most of those things were absent from FFXV. Tabata is a piece of shit.
>>
>>388668039
They used Ebony on 2013 trailers too (ps4) i do believe that Tabata was responsible for the change, yet i have no way to confirm this
>>
>>388668275
That part comes after New Game though.
>>
>>388667983
Well, VIII was weird. It started off with the bombastic duel between Squall and Seifer, relaxes its tone into Balamb Garden, has you run off to do a timed tutorial dungeon, and then the Dollet invasion happens.

But for a prologue, that's a lot more than Noctis and friends driving off, getting a broken down car, and then running off to kill some monsters and get money for repairs before trying to go to Altissia, getting blocked, and then fighting some magitek troopers post-Insomnia invasion and then fucking back off to the docks again. It's so tame despite the attempt at emotional value.
>>
>>388668342
XV-kun IS Tabata, now everything makes sense
>>
>>388668014
Nomuras claims to fame are directing Advent Children and all the Kingdom Hearts games.
Both are shit
>>
>>388668342
My question is why the guy who had only directed three mediocre PSP titles was given the director's chair for the mainline game that was, according to his own words, 'restore faith in the series'.
>>
>>388668404
Shit, you're right, I was thinking of the opening credits slideshow thing.
>>
>>388668039
>(Ebony or what ever for PS3 versus) to Luminous?
3 times
The original engine Crystal tools was so shit and unusable that they had to make ebony just to get the game working again. They then switched over to luminous because they were moving into next gen consoles.
>>
>>388668469
It's just so obvious that the Insomnia invasion was cut as a playable prologue to the game. If there's one area that Final Fantasy games have been consistent in as having bombastic intros with great set pieces and presentation, XV was the first one to break that trend and it did it in spectacular fashion by having you push a fucking car.
>>
>>388647369
Yes. I'm still upset about it, along with P.T/Silent Hills cancellation.
>>
>>388668520
He was friends with nomura
That's literally it
>>
File: 1503797669144.png (88KB, 1099x715px) Image search: [Google]
1503797669144.png
88KB, 1099x715px
>>388668509
Ahem.
>>
>>388668520
Because Nomura is working in the real XV in secret and they needed to release something on 2016, expect Versus on 2013 exclusive to switch

To tell the truth, i must say that i can't think about a reason that makes sense, the best anwser would simply be: Squeenix is retarded
>>
>>388668520
In 2013~ Square Enix lost well over 100 million dollars fucking up FF14, they were about to get fucked up the ass like every other Japanese developer who has become irrelevant trying to compete directly with the west. So they had to make some money fast.

They cancelled their next epic(Versus) and gave the scraps to Tabata to rush out, and remade FF14. The idea is that this would get them back on track, and it worked. They also put Nomura on FF7R which was always being saved for their "oh shit we're fucked" card.

Good business, bad games.

>>388668654
very insightful business mind bro
>>
File: Guaranteed Replies.jpg (813KB, 1056x3116px) Image search: [Google]
Guaranteed Replies.jpg
813KB, 1056x3116px
>>388668856
Do you think I was joking?
>>
>>388668547
Nope. Luminous was after Tabata took over so that "muh open world" could function.
>>
>>388668856
According to interviews, if Nomura is to be believed, they started the remake now because they are getting to the point where they would soon be unwilling to make it all because key people would eventually be too old/retired.
>>
>>388667293
Honestly, that kind of somber start could work. Not everything has to start with something big or bombastic. But the way it was done in XV is fucking bad. Like, the whole car breaking down and them pushing it while bantering is fine, but the music starting out of nowhere, the awkward pan up to the title, the fact that the car broke down like, 5 minutes from Insomnia's gates?
>>
>>388668990
That doesn't really have anything to do with the CEO who greenlit it, and doesn't fall in line with Nomura's probable negative feelings being pulled from Versus. It makes sense but it's not the whole story.
>>
>>388669150
>Not everything has to start with something big or bombastic.
But when the game covers the invasion of Insomnia with Ignis reading a newspaper article to you oppose to actually putting the player there themselves, it sort of is bad because it doesn't set the stage for the game's plot like VII and IX did so well.
>>
>>388669150
what gets me is how fucked the scale of the world is
for some "massive open world" we're supposed to act like Cid has been five minutes outside the massive mega city his best friend and king resides in and he's never bothered to visit once or be visited because of vague reasons that ultimately never get explained, just cheap drama

I honestly feel like the magical barrier around Insomnia was just another excuse in the hackneyed final product to have a reason why Regis couldn't escape or couldn't be driving around everywhere like he was in V13
>>
>>388669259
>but it's not the whole story.
You're right the actual reason was His team just finished type-0 and they just happened to not be doing anything super important. He got the job because everyone else was busy
>>
File: 1365950625967.jpg (84KB, 435x326px) Image search: [Google]
1365950625967.jpg
84KB, 435x326px
Versus 13 is still in FFXV, night time Insomnia, flying around buildings sword fightan, depressing atmosphere, etc

But this is only at the very fucking end & exploring a destroyed Insomnia isn't nearly as powerful since you never got to see it in game, because pushing a car is a better opening
>>
>>388669415
I mean, yeah that too. I'm just saying it in general. It's super fucked in XV.
>>
File: 1465946156819.jpg (41KB, 460x354px) Image search: [Google]
1465946156819.jpg
41KB, 460x354px
>>388668305
Well fuck, hadnt seen that particular one.
>>
>>388655103
Vagrant Story is some of the highest achievements of Square and despite being half of the game it should've been, it's still fucking impressive, especially for ps1.
>>
>>388669150
>but the music starting out of nowhere

See, I liked this a lot in Type-0 The whole somber thing with this dude walking around seeing his dead chocobo and this sappy J-pop song plays. That actually works super fucking well there.

In XV, it just feels jarring as fuck, especially since the song is fucking lifted from a goddamn movie. Like, talk about taking you out of the universe, seriously.
>>
>>388669836
I admit that I only had an attachment to seeing the destroyed Insomnia because of all the footage of the place over the years, the platinum demo, the goblin game install fight and so forth. If I had come into the game completely fresh with no pre-knowledge from any of this stuff, I would've felt absolutely nothing.
>>
>>388669259
meant for>>388669090
>>
>>388647369
This game is one of the few times I disagree with the general consensus of /v/. In my eyes, VsXIII was a game that never materialized, was always changing, and would've taken a trilogy to actually finish. It's not that I think the game's development hell was anybody's fault in particular(except for the dipshit who okay'd announcing the game at E3 2006), since the game barely had ten people working on it at a time, and Nomura clearly hadn't had time to flesh out his thoughts into something resembling a completed plot, as we know from Roberto Ferrari that he was adding characters even in 2010. The teams also had to be moved around to salvage FFXIV, which wasn't the fault of anybody apart from 1.0's devs. When the game actually started production in 2012, I don't know how much of the game was still carried over from Nomura's ideas in 2006, and from what we can tell from interviews, Nomura still hadn't solidified his vision for the game, with the infamous interview where he contemplated turning the game into a musical being the most obvious example.

So it's understandable that they put Tabata on the project, who is apparently well-known for getting his games done under budget and ahead of schedule, since I imagine by that point FFXV was costing quite a bit of money, was probably overambitious for a standalone title, and likely didn't have too much to show. When Tabata looked over the project, I doubt that the game was very far along or organized, as Nomura had to split his attentions between that and KHIII. So Tabata had to take the project in his own hands, and probably had the game scenario be rewritten to be something they could accomplish in the ~3 years they had to finish development. I can't imagine Nomura was happy with this,(For justified reasons) and he was taken off the project shortly after. So Tabata had to take this Frankenstein of a project, with 8 years of work all mashed together, and turn it into a game.

Cont.
>>
>>388670283
I haven't been able to type up my thoughts yet but yours are almost identical to mine.
>>
>>388670283
>The teams also had to be moved around to salvage FFXIV
And XIII
>who is apparently well-known for getting his games done under budget and ahead of schedule
lol, that's SE PR talk. Agito/Type-0 was delayed for years
>>
>>388670283
If you read this thread, or any thread like this it's not hard to see there was enough of a game already made to put out something short and fun. The first part of a trilogy perhaps. Episode Duscae + Invasion but not shitty or a movie.
>>
>>388661015
He almost resembles Phil Spencer.
>>
Final Fantasy XV turning out the way it did literally only makes sense from a business standpoint, rather than an artistic one.
>>
>>388659774
Silent Hill 4 the Room? Because I loved it.
>>
>>388671165
Silent Hill 4 is fucking awesome.
That anon was referring to The Room by Tommy Wiseau, a godawful movie.
>>
If that one """"leaked"""" plot for versus xiii with the somnus drug and death themes was legit, I would have rather had versus xiii.
>>
Where's XV-kun :(
>>
>>388670945
>from a business standpoint
Announcing the game years too early, switching engines 3 times, taking the team on and off the game a couple times, changing directors, and then throwing out a good chunk of the game aren't really good business decisions either. The game was saved by a shit ton of marketing and PR fluff
>>
>>388671303
Death themes wasn't something that was leaked, that was known from nomura interviews
>>
>FFXV is a soulless mess of a game
>KH3 from the trailers looks like it's focused on making you have fun
Never gonna give up on you nomura
>>
>>388671350
The game wasn't 'saved' in any way, it was a loss because of the shit you mentioned. What he's saying is XV as a final product isn't artistic minded it's just business. Shitty game built to sell(by being a released FF game).
>>
>>388671350
I never claimed they were good business decisions, not sure where you are getting that idea from.
>>
>>388671557
>The game wasn't 'saved' in any way,
Sales wise, as it did sell 6+ million
>>
>>388647369
lol XV-kun couldn't revv up enough ips to rigg this one I see
>>
>>388671305
i wonder how tabata sleeps at night knowing what he made to people like xv-kun,nigga went lunatic over a video game,literally what the fuck
>>
>>388671734
FF average. And which FF was developed over 10 years? And released a shitty movie, anime, car, and all that other shit?
>>
>>388652496
You all realize Nomura wasn't officially announced as off the project until 2014 right? It went to shit after he left completely.
>>
>>388668509
KH does FF combat better than FF.
>>
>>388670283
The period where Tabata held control was very short for a modern FF to be created, especially the largest one yet with an untested engine, so things naturally had to be cut. After all, Nomura's vision was for a trilogy with a much longer dev cycle, so BD2 had to remove the segments of the game that took the most resources for the smallest return of gameplay. This led to the removal of the Insomnia Invasion, one of the most hyped elements, to be cut, which is a complete shame, but if Tabata is to be believed, a necessary one, as he believes it would've added another year of dev time. As a consolation, somebody suggested that they make it into a movie, at least to visualize it for the longtime fans, which was obviously a blow to the team's morale, as that had been so public and so anticipated. As the game finally began to take shape, some bright mind at Squeenix suggests the Episode Duscae demo should have player feedback and be tweaked accordingly. This leads to mostly positive feedback, with the exception of Japan, who found it much too difficult and didn't like the weapon system. Since this was the first mainline FF with real time combat, BD2 had to change up the gameplay to appease the fans.

This was likely where the release window of September-November 2016 was assigned, and if you were Tabata, you'd be shtting bricks, since you'd know this wasn't enough time to finish even the reduced scope of the game. Here, more things begin to be cut out. Questionable decisions are made, due to time constraints. The game is delayed for bug fixes. And finally, after 10 years, 4 of active development and 2.5 of Tabata leading, the game is released, and it's not disastrous. General opinion is that the combat is enjoyable if simple and easy, the story has some high moments, and the main party is likable.

Cont.
>>
>>388672014
The sad part is that this is true at the moment.
>>
>>388671860
lol
>>
>>388672014
What? No. KH does its own thing. Whether or not you like it better than FF combat is one thing, but it's trying to do different things. Except if you're just saying XV, than yeah you're right.

>>388670283
>he contemplated turning the game into a musical being the most obvious example.

Isn't that a joke? That's from the interview with Shimomura right?
>>
>>388672076
Legitimately surprised me that the same company that made KH2 final mix made the combat for XV. What the fuck happened
>>
File: Average FFXV Fight.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Average FFXV Fight.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>388672076
You'd have to try to do action combat worse than XV.
>>
>>388671292
Oh shit I somehow completely forgot about that movie
>>
>>388672062
>The period where Tabata held control was very short for a modern FF to be created
>2.5 years
XIII was made in 2 years, XIV was remade in 2 years, and tabata had 3.
>>
>>388672207
Different staff anon. Nomura dragged a lot of people with him when he was kicked out of XV. Including KH2's battle planner, who's now working on VII remake with him IIRC.
>>
>>388672207
Same company, different team. XV combat was by the team that gave us Crisis Core and Type-0. It's not all that surprising if you consider that.
>>
>>388672321
>>388672062
Not to mention the PS1 games.

This guy is retarded.
>>
>>388672361
You can still look at previous work and be like "yeah lets make it as good as that, clearly let's not copy/paste and do a little different, but hit this quality" it's like it's 2001 again and nobody had ever done 3D action combat before
>>
>>388672204
In 2013 he gave an interview how he thought about turning the restarted xv project into a musical since the game, well, was being restarted.
>>
>>388672424
Yeah. Tabata's 3 years were spent making an engine and endlessly responding to feedback, rather than creating a game of his own vision.
>>
>>388672502
You can't make something good if you suck.
>>
>>388672508
It would still have been better than Tabata's version even as a musical.
>>
>>388672246
God, that level 120 post game bonus fight against the Safigir or whatever the fuck it was called.. Who made it? Who balanced it? Because there is no balance. AI teammates getting dropped constantly because they can't dodge massive beams that insta-KO on impact even at level 80+, that one "send the beams out and reel them back in" attack that you can't hold the Dodge through and have to avoid it normally or get downed (good luck with the game's soft auto-lock camera, especially in Wait mode), and sheer damage sponginess.

At that point it wasn't even a challenging bonus boss fight. It was just spamming restoratives faster than a crack addiction.
>>
>>388672321
>XIII was made in 2 years

Dude, it was announced in E3 2006 and was released in 2009 in japan, and 2010 everywhere else.
>>
>>388659593
Poor Ferrari, his designs are so good. Atleast he's working with Nomura again on the relevant project.
>>
>>388672769
It was originally going to be a PS2 game if I recall but ended up in development hell like every SE Final Fantasy game has besides XI.

They need to clean up their management because it's really a mess.
>>
>>388672769
XIII was made in 6 years. 2 of which were conceptual. The rest was probably bogged down by Crystal Tools development, but still more than 2 years.
>>
>>388672361
It's not like they're a group of geniuses or anything, even fans understand what works or doesn't work and what needs improvement or waht made KH2 so good despite being rather simple, just look at that one chink that made a good combat system all by himself simply by copying some other games and adding some of his own stuff.
I honsetly blame Tabata and Square higher ups more than the actual development team behind it, Especially their 2d and 3d artists are pretty good, too bad they will be stuck with XV for a few years or whatever Tabatas new IP is
>>
>>388672769
They throw out everything before 2007 because crystal tools wasn't finished. When they tried to make shit without CT, it wouldn't work on the engine
>>
>>388672887
>even fans understand what works or doesn't work

Well, based on how the combat system ended up being, I'm pretty confident they don't. Remember anon, they're not asking like, the hardcore KH2FM fanbase to improve the combat, they asked for everyone's input, the majority I'd presume to know jack shit about what makes a good action combat system.
>>
>>388672887
>3d artists are pretty good
SE hasn't been good at this since FFX when you compare them to other studios.
>>
>>388672502
Tabata looked at Crisis Core and Type-0, included the warping and attempts at verticality from Versus, and then dumbed it down to a lot of fancy motion captured attacks that strip control from the player constantly while removing all the complexities the players could do outside of Airsteps and weapon switching, because he wanted it to be easier and appeal to a wider audience since an old man like himself doesn't want to have to memorize all the button inputs for combos and shit.
>>
>>388672062
The biggest holes in the game are due to the lack of time BD2 was given to complete the game. Luna's role is reduced astronomically. Cor's role is cut back. Ravus is reduced to a bit part. Iedolas and Verstael are nearly removed. The biggest blow most have been Regis' and Noctis' relationship being so drastically cut back, since Tabata often talked about how integral the father-son role was to play in the game.

I think FFXV is a very,very flawed game, yet also one that is very enjoyable, with a lot of things to do, with a world filled with characters and environments that I just wish were more fleshed out. I'd love to have seen VsXIII, or XV with another year or two of dev time, but we won't see either for a multitude of reasons, so I think it's a bit pointless to have daily threads demonizing one director and glorifying another.

>>388672321
>>388672424
XIV had most of its assets and systems completed during 1.0, XIII had nearly five years and is also notoriously linear and content lacking, and PS1 games take far, far, far less time and money to make compared to PS3/4 games
>>
File: Who.jpg (72KB, 584x411px) Image search: [Google]
Who.jpg
72KB, 584x411px
>>388662147
>>388662289
I wonder how important he was going to be
>>
>>388672685
Most of the endgame content is just weird and overall XV might have the worst balance in the series with FFVIII, but at least 8 still had some other great stuff and it was kinda fun to totally break the game.
That one dungeon with the block pushing was fucking retarded, instead of making a good bossfight for that dungeon they just threw 2 sneks, two iron giants and tons of slimes at you
>>
>>388673069
No, the whole restart was 2005 IIRC. They dumped every single old asset and rebuild everything from scratch.
>>
>>388672887
What made KH II good is a combination of:
• Sora's moveset so large the game has two command menus
• Satisfying animations that are just smooth enough to be flashy, but not so smooth that they aren't functional (see XV)
• Amazing enemy variety with unique reaction commands
• Well designed boss fights with unique attack patterns and revenge values
>>
>>388663259
IIRC it was confirmed not too long ago that Cor was indeed supposed to be a permanent party member but everyone who kept up with Versus info already knew that. XV-kun was the one who kept spreading that he wasn't ever supposed to be one. Tabata shitting on his #1 fanboys arguments once again.
>>
>>388673137
>with a lot of things to do
you have such shit taste
>>
>>388672204
>Whether or not you like it better than FF combat is one thing, but it's trying to do different things.
The first two KH games took pretty much everything shitty about FF and made it work.

Palette swapped elemental spells? Each spell is functionally different and useful.

Summons being weak? Now they're fantastic special attacks or buffs.

Limits? Most basically work on a different damage mechanic in 2 and have tons of utility.

Damage caps? Not in 2. Caps stats instead so it doesn't fuck with the relative power of things, and has reasonably stat floors as well as ceilings. 1 had damage caps tailored to individual enemies (if at all) and stuff like Gravity ignored them.

Damage sponge bosses? In KH2FM even at Lv 1 most super bosses take three minutes, and they're fairly intricate back and fourths with their own gimmicks.

Items? Reasonable limit to the number you can carry per battle, and you're exposed while using them.

Equipment? KH2 stuff is about passive abilities, not stats, so more than one weapon is useful endgame.

Even shit like Stop and HP% damage were fucking great.
>>
>>388673176
Isn't that Proto-Ravus?
>>
>>388673087
Dunno, imo the oldschool 3d monster designs and half the OST are the only real good things this game has.
Except for Bahamut though, who the fuck came up with that design
>>
>>388673291
no
>>
>>388664279
I never gave a shit about Nomura or KH and still don't, I became interested in Versus from the getgo because it looked good and only continued to show things that get me more and more invested.
>>
>>388673291
Nope, probably was Safay Roth (old main antagonist) or another important member of Nilfheim.
>>
>>388673137
>and glorifying another.
Are you XV-kun because this doesn't happen. Everyone knows Nomura is a faggot but Tabata is a literal piece of shit.
>>
>>388673179
>instead of making a good bossfight for that dungeon they just threw 2 sneks, two iron giants and tons of slimes at you
There is a boss fight, although I cheesed it to death with Overwhelm without much issue. The fights leading up to it were the real problem when there's two Nagas, 3-4 Red Giants and like fifteen Flans flooding the room to the point that I basically could do nothing but warp strike and dodge.

Costlemark in its entirety was just plain bad. Their idea of a difficult end-game level dungeon? Narrow corridors, swarms of enemies that smack you back down onto the ground with every other hit, and thunder bombs that are nigh on impossible to kill before they blow up once in the massive clusterfuck.
>>
>>388673176
He was Safay Roth. Be basically became Loqi in the final game as far as we know.
>>
>>388673454
What was the boss again?
>>
>>388673182
>No, the whole restart was 2005 IIRC
You would be wrong, CT was finished in 2007
>While these problems arose, the team responsible for the actual design of the game had no choice but to begin before the finalization of the features. Their main concern was that they would not have been able to meet the deadlines if they had continued to wait for the decisions of others. After a rough calculation of the amount of data that would have to be provided from a first draft of the script and reflecting on their past experience, they felt that the size of the team had to be increased. This enlargement eventually blurred communication within the team. Even after finalizing the features, we were forced to backtrack. In some cases, data that had been created could not even be used. Not only was it a waste of time, but also a source of discouragement for the team.
https://www.ffworld.com/2010/11/11/autopsie-de-final-fantasy-xiii/
>>
>>388665647
No, all that shit happens during the Invasion. It's starting to become night when Noctis is driven to the party and when he meets Stella and the invasion starts it is nighttime. They leave the city in the morning after one hundred fold planning scene and stuff I'm guessing.
>>
>>388673308
Show me an example of monster design because Bahamut is all I'm thinking of, or that disgusting Leviathan. What the fuck does the OST have to do with 3D?
>>
>>388673456
I really liked his design. Fuck XV is such a waste, i can understand why Ferrari got so mad
>>
>>388673567
Oh, yeah, I was thinking about the PS2>PS3 flip.

My bad.
>>
>>388673560
Jabberwocky or whatever, the giant zombie t-rex thing that was a souped up bandersnatch.
>>
>>388667542
FF8 has one of the best openings in video game history. That intro sequence + music is nearly untouchable, and you're invading Dollet pretty early in the game, which has some more great sequences and music
>>
>>388673640
It's all good bb
>>
>>388673453
/v/ these days acts like Nomura is this mistreated genius who can do no wrong and takes the blame for everyone elses mess.
>>
>>388673580
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkVYVpxNarU&t=903s
Watch this plus the other trailers. It doesn't make sense for it to be one night.
>>
I think the bigger shame is that V13 wasn't cancelled or put on hold in 2011
Cause now they can't use any of the characters or the whole setting again, especially Insomnia and Tenebrae.

I'm still pissed how the Aranea and Ravus fight turned out. Aranea basicly doesn't react to hits at all and when you warp strike her it just turn into a qte mid air battle and Ravus is just a a damage sponge with basicly one attack that charges up for like 10 seconds
>>
>>388673848
How doesn't it make sense? The party happens during the day, city gets fucked at night, the party leaves to get revenge in the morning.

It was changed to get fucked during the day when it became XV.
>>
>>388673842
You mean XV-kun used to act like that, and now he says everyone acts like that. If you're looking at facts Nomura is better at making games, don't pretend other wise and don't presume he's being worshipped because he's not.
>>
>>388670283
>uninformed the post

The scenario was completed around 2010 and if you read interviews they were working on more than just Lucis/invasion part. I don't know why you made up this idea in your head that it kept changing maybe you should read less interviews where Tabata and his PR time are trying to damage control after Nomura was booted.
>>
>>388673842
>takes the blame for everyone elses mess.
While he does have problems, he often still does take the blame for everyone elses messes. People still think he directed XIII and that lightning is his waifu
>>
>that moment when the whole "hold O to win" change was made
I was done with the game at that point, fuck everyone who thought that would fix the combat
>>
>>388674023
I think I've already explained why. Watch the trailers and you'll see. It's clear you havevn't watched all of them in the past 2 minutes.

Take that video up above with subs for instance, Noctis talks about going back to kill them all and Ignis says they want to take him hostage and that there would be more casualties. Then there's another scene where they're returning to the city in ruin.
>>
>>388673912
Fucking Iedolas turned into a evil BAT and Ardyn was a Noctis copy-paste, there is not even a single bossfight in XV
>>
>>388672062
Nomura wanted a "world of versus" but they were only working on and had planned the first game which is what completed Versus was going to be. I don't know why people pretend they were working on 3 fucking games at once and that's what was scrapped. They didn't even get that far, Tabata didn't need to scrap anything, just finish what was there
>>
>>388674065
The story was changing when it became XV, not while it was still Versus.
>>
>>388674224
A good boss fight*
>>
>>388673842
Well, on the other hand a lot of people also act like every single one of his games took and will from now on forever take 10 years just because V13/XV took so long and most of the wasnÄt even in his hand.
Not saying that Nomura dindunuffin though, some of the recent KH haven't been that great but overall they were still fun.
I still appreciate him more than Tabata. He just started as a simple debugger on early FFs, then slowly started being an arist on some titles, then some more important story roles etc. He definitely deserves the respect. I'm honestly surprised how much shit he even draws, people always act like he only sits on his ass while telling other what to do on his two games, but he also knows stuff about combat systems and listens to every single track Shimomura creates with her fogether until they boh like them and he draws art and concept art for usually up to 6-7 games.
>>
>>388672508
Nomura never actually wanted it to be a musical he was joking if anything. Tabata was the one who was seriously considering it. Nomura doesn't even particularly like musicals, he just like Les Mis because of the way it was put together storywise, why would he turn it into a musical?
>>
>>388674204
Noctis is overconfident and thinks he can take on the entire army while they are escaping and Ignis wisely tells him that's a bad idea.

They aren't returning to the city, they are taking one last look at it before they depart.
>>
>>388673137
I don't even care about Nomura, just what looked good. If you don't like these threads, you can always leave.
>>
>>388674471
>They aren't returning to the city,
Watch the trailers. Not going to reply to you again, I simply have more knowledge than you're willing to gain so this is a waste of my time.
>>
>>388674204
You're dumb af lol
>>
>>388674656
wew
>>
>>388674367
People joke about Nomura taking forever on games because he teased KH3 for over a decade, Versus went nowhere, and now VII-R is apparently still completing the bombing mission and figuring out its combat system despite being announced over a year ago.

He seems to have his hands in a lot of projects that have lengthy development cycles and early announcements, even if they're not necessarily his fault
>>
>>388674576
I have watched them, asshole. Thousands of times. What makes you think they could just fucking casually stroll in to Insomnia? They've become fugitives. They're leaving. It literally visually shows them walking the other way.
>>
>>388673842
Nomura probably has a lot of faults, but I don't give a shit about what he did in his other projects and I certainly don't blame him for Versus aside from him not having enough balls to fight for his project and just be a slave to the company.
>>
>>388674268
>VsXIII was a game that never materialized, was always changing

is bullshit
>>
>>388674790
>because he teased KH3 for over a decade
It's hard to tease kh3 when he repeatedly says that he isn't working on it and that fans shouldn't expect for a majority of that time
>>
>>388674927
Yeah I'm getting sick of that meme. Nomura XV never materialized, but Versus sure as shit did. The 2011 trailer is pretty clear proof of that.
>>
>>388674804
https://youtu.be/JkVYVpxNarU?t=163
Then why are you arguing with me like a retard? It clearly shows them return to the ruined city via some tunnel. It's not hard to string together these trailers. Just watch them.

>Thousands of times.
Jesus Christ you need help. After years of being an obsessed nerd you still can't grasp what the trailers were showing you and get mad when you can learn something new about them?
>>
>>388674790
>People joke about Nomura taking forever on games because he teased KH3 for over a decade

Isn't that people hyping that Keyblade Graveyard FMV to be 3 when it's actually for BBS?
>>
No, because XV is still Versus XIII.
>>
>>388675004
He shouldn't constantly add cliffhangers hyping up the events of KH3 to every single KH release between 2 and 3 if he knows its not gonna start development for a while.

It's his own fault.
>>
>>388647369
>bought a ps3 for versus
>bought a ps4 pro for versus
>get XV instead of versus
>PC is getting a superior version too

yes im asspained OP
>>
>>388675037
You are like really dumb jfc
>>
>>388675156
>it's his own fault I'm waiting!!
no shit they didn't start making the game until recently.

chill out.
>>
>>388675118
KH2 still has the message from Mickey telling Sora about his next quest
>>
>>388674790
>and now VII-R is apparently still completing the bombing mission and figuring out its combat system despite being announced over a year ago

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/final-fantasy-vii-remake-main-story-voice-recording-almost-complete
>“The voice actors have almost finished voice recording of the main story. Fans may have the image of the Cloud from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, but since this is the ‘prime’ Cloud from before Advent Children, the performance may feel fresh.”

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/final-fantasy-vii-remake-producer-yoshinori-kitase-talks-progress-weekly-famitsu
>Kitase: “We’ve solidified the base [of the battle system]. Tetsuya Nomura, of course, and Mitsunori Takahashi, who took part in Kingdom Hearts and Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy, are putting all of their effort into it.”

http://gematsu.com/2017/07/kingdom-hearts-iii-less-disney-worlds-kingdom-hearts-ii-final-fantasy-vii-remake-along-areas
>“Although there are parts [of Final Fantasy VII Remake] further along than Kingdom Hearts III, such as cutscenes, it is unlikely we’ll share information for a while as we switch from mainly external to mainly internal development.”

really makes you think
>>
>>388673137
Not that guy, but i think it's still fairto compare them to older FF development cycles.
Development teams nowadays are also bigger, hardware is better, creating 3d models is easier than ever and creating prerendered backgrounds that might even flow into FMVs was hard work back then.

The problem is that devs or at least SE and especially the FF department just haven't had a clear vision or want new engines and the biggest problem is that they keep aiming for innovation, bigger, more animations, more effects, more POLYGONS.
I'd gladly live with the 2013 XV models and a smaller world but with way more variety if that meant that the game had more story and way more endgame content. Their priorites just aren't the same anymore.
Even Dragon Quest has barely changed over the years and follow a rather simple structure, but it works really well because they know exactly what they're doing and what they and fans want without going overboard. Half the stuff that XV offers isn't even needed or fans won't notice it.
>>
>>388675228
Holy fuck, this is hilarious. You're samefagging trying to bring me down when I proved I'm smarter than you having watched these trailers less than 5 times, when you've seen them THOUSANDS of times.

You're sad.
>>
>>388675156
>every single KH release
Only for DDD and bbs technically
>>
>>388675037
>return to the ruined city via some tunnel

I'm curious, where in this video does it show them returning? I only see them either already in the city, or leaving. We never saw the party returning to it in ruin until 2016, and that's obviously not what you're talking about.

I'm not mad I learned something new about them, just confused as to how you think you're teaching me something about them.
>>
>>388675037
They never leave the city in any of those trailers. Tunnels are all around the city, the invasion would have had them going all around the city not just from point a to point b. The only scenes we see of them actually outside the city and leaving are during the day because they were in the city the whole fucking night and left in the morning.
>>
File: promp.png (711KB, 454x884px) Image search: [Google]
promp.png
711KB, 454x884px
>>388675330
2013 XV models were better than they are now too. SE is fucked. Literally had more polygons.
>>
Any expectations from Squeenix on TGS?
>>
>>388675338
I'm not samefagging you LMAO. It's sad that you have to tell yourself that.
>>
>>388675338
>You're samefagging trying to bring me down when I proved I'm smarter than you

It's like I'm really talking to XV-kun.
>>
>>388675156
I mean with every new release fans should forget the last cliffhanger and not take it as KH3. KH1 secret ending was days/KH2, KH2 was BBS and after that it slowly want to the acualy KH3 setup but they never even announced it until 2013.
If anything it's the fans fault or the "fans" that only played KH1 and 2
>>
>>388675384
>I'm curious, where in this video does it show them returning?
Exactly where I linked you to in that video.

>>388675419
>They never leave the city in any of those trailers.
True but it's implied shortly before that linked youtube video section that the king sends them away, ala FFXV's intro/Kingsglaive. Same set pieces.

>>388675510
>>388675506
My bad. I was just confused as to why one random guy is calling me dumb for literally educating you.
>>
>>388675442
Old Prompto makes me sad. Look at that fucking jaw. would fugg
>>
>>388675241
And we saw the results of that in 2012 with Dream Drop Distance.
>>
>>388675147
Are you mentally disabled sir?
>>
>>388675341
KH2 had the message, which Coded also played into as well as having that scene with Malificent

The only game that really didn't try to do it as far as i remember is Days
>>
>>388675449
Mobile title announcements and ports
>>
>>388675449
Expecting they file for bankruptcy
>>
>>388675674
If you're talking about the scene where it zooms out with Regis on the throne from the Versus trailers Nomura literally said years ago he wasn't speaking to Noctis because some people were confused and he wanted to ensure people didn't think they had a bad relationsip.
>>
>>388675442
Well i mean those are renders. Look the 2013 trailer, you can see that the hair looks worse and stuff, not bad though. I'd glagdly take those models over the new ones, i don't need 1000 polygon hair when the rest of the game has to suffer from it.
More polygons than neccesary is always bad, they tried to do the same shit with XIV 1-0 but not to the extend as in XV.

Snakes model in MGSV only has like 12k or 13k polygons and will probably hold up better than most models in XV and it made a lot more room for optimizaton.
>>
>>388675674
>literally educating you

The sheer amount of arrogance on display here is painful.
>>
File: Aranea Panty.jpg (570KB, 1261x2640px) Image search: [Google]
Aranea Panty.jpg
570KB, 1261x2640px
>>388647369
Most asspained about what they did about Aranea's outfit. In the FF versus XIII trailers she had that sexy black panty in FFXV she doesn't...
>>
>>388675674
also if your conjecture is partially borned from you trying to make things connect with stuff that happened in XV you already fucked up, because XV is nothing like Versus in almost every possible way so there is no reason the same or even similar scenes would happen with the same characters or context and they weren't.
>>
>>388675726
>KH2 had the message, which Coded
Which is for DDD
>having that scene with Maleficent
That book scene was added in the 2.5 version after kh3 was announced
>>
>>388647369

yes, yes, i am asspained, i am fucking mad, i will be forever mad, versus 13 looked like a return to the form, a cinematic game with a unique style

what we got was a dull, dumb, stupid open world rpg to appeal to western tastes

also i can't still fucking believe it uses stand by me in the OST, i fucking hate that song, like... maybe for some people it stands for brotherhood and shit like that but here the song is associated with a really old singer so everytime i listen to it, i can only relate it to him and it shouldn't fucking happen with final fantasy
>>
>Get called to work on a side-game to main XIII
>Pour a lot of stuff to make it unique and different.
>Members of your staff are taken to work on the other XIII
>XIII Trilogy turns out shit because of Toriyama
>Crystal Tools ends up being crap, so you're switched to Luminous, meaning a lot had to be remade.
>Turns out Luminous also is super complicated to work with but SE already poured too much money into it so you have to make it work.
>You keep getting staff members taken away now because XIV was a collossal desaster and they have to remake it.
>Your game is now a main FF so mroe pressure is one you.
>Shit is taking too long (due to previous reasons) and SE is mad.
>They announce FF/ remake with you as director WITHOUT TELLING YOU FIRST
>Now you have XV, KH3 AND FF/ remake to work on.
>SE decides to go full "Fan feedback" and rework shit that was already done.
>You end up getting kicked out of your project and replaced with someone that cuts half your story.

>Work on KH3
>You're forced to use shit-ass Luminous
>Unreal 4 peers out as something to help but SE won't allow it cause "FILTHY GAJINNS!"
>Turns out further in production they wanna switch to Unreal.
>Half of the stuff that you had done doesn't work in Unreal so you have to remake them from scratch.

>All while the fans blame you for all the delays.

I went from hating Nomura to just feeling bad for him. He may have flaws, but it really seems the big problem is the SE higher-ups being a bunch of incompetent idiots. Yet he always takes most of the blame.
>>
>>388675859
To be fair, MGSV was optimized like a dream and had an entire engine made for it to fulfill that purpose. Only PS3/360 got screwed on that front.

Square-Enix is known for pushing graphical boundaries of their hardware for the sake of looking as fancy as possible. XV didn't strike a fine balance between things, however, and thus you basically need a PS4 Pro / Xbox One X on 1080p boost, or the PC port next year, to even hope to achieve optimal play.
>>
File: stop.png (121KB, 1198x1200px) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
121KB, 1198x1200px
>>388675719
>>
Type-0 was alright for a PSP game and actually had some decent combat, but Tabata really needs a few more years to actually make his way up there before he gets a job like this again.

His interviews over the years were all just total bullshit, you can tell that he cearly has never done this to that extent. He contradicts himself in so many instances or promises stuff or says they might add it tons of times etc like they're a fucking MMO that can allow this shit.
Even the new interview about the survey is literally nothing once again, first they make the survey with tons of stuff, they ignore 90% of the content of the survey and the two things they talk about they say there's so much story they might not make it or only release it as cutscenes. so where was all this story in the main game. Tabata needs to learn to sometimes just say nothing
>>
>>388676138
I think the most eye-opening thing for me was going back and reading old interviews where the person writing the articles and the commenters put 100% full blame on Nomura for it taking so long all the time and he had to just take responsibility because his name is on it even though it sure as fuck wasn't his fault. He did that for years and never complained. Meanwhile Tabata can't keep his mouth shut to save his life bragged about the game sending others in panic and has the audacity to call anyone who doesn't like XV and were mad about the changes "not true fans of FF"

Nomura may not be perfect, but I prefer him to Shitbata who has no redeeming qualities and hasn't made a good game ever. Atleast some of Nomura's games are fun to play.
>>
File: 1481327678540.jpg (221KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481327678540.jpg
221KB, 1920x1080px
>>388675835
I don't know why anyone would think he was speaking to Noctis there, he was just having some meeting with something on his mind.
https://youtu.be/JkVYVpxNarU?t=115
They're talking about how they're about to get their shit kicked in(because the invasion just happened but they quelled it) then it transitions to the next scene where the kids are clearly leaving in high spirits(this is where I get that they quelled it), as per the King's request. Then it cuts to somewhere further down when they're on the way back to an actual ruined Insomnia and they hurry back to find Stella and Ravus.

If you watch all of the cutscenes it doesn't make sense otherwise. I'm not that good at explaining though, apparently.

>>388675996
It is though in some case. There was always the road trip shit and the invasion of course.
There were even parts that show what would've happened after that hundredfold video. Noctis and them clean up the remainder of the invasion 2.0. That 2014~ 'XV' gameplay with the Behemoth in the courtyard.

It is conjecture of course, but it's the only thing that makes sense. I've also seen a lot of talks about the Levi stuff happening before the invasion so you could tie in that as a reason to why they returned to Insomnia. That also ties in with the dialogue from this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcUSXub_ypU

You don't even have an argument.
>>
>>388676218
I wish SE would go the same route though, it's not like only games with high end visuals sell well nowadays, the FF part of SE is so weirdly out of touch. XV is just so inconsistent that it hurts, you have some areas that atually look fine and then areas that actually look like early PS3 games or totally break when they have any kind of water reflections like Altissia.
Even the PC port looks like they just threw tonsof grass everywhere to hide most of he original assets.
And some slav in his basement will probably optimize it with a single command line again.
>>
>>388676729
>And some slav in his basement will probably optimize it with a single command line again.
or we just turn off the nvidia shit that is proven to eat up framerate
>>
>>388676729
Let's not forget that MGSV also looks better than XV.
>>
>>388676594
>he was just having a meeting with something on his mind

thanks for confirming you are uninformed but think you can "educate" others when you can't even bother to read an interview or two

I don't need an argument because you literally just made a fanfic up in your head and are mad and acting like an arrogant delusional autist reminiscent of XV-kun. You fucking realize audio and scenes aren't always in chronological order and are spliced up for trailers right? Leviathan happened well after they left and made it to Accordo and the audio wasn't necessarily from that point in time. It's like you were literally born yesterday, how old are you?
>>
>>388676994
Prove me wrong instead of crying you fucking nigger. I'm here for discussion.
>>
File: FINAL FANTASY XV Grass.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FINAL FANTASY XV Grass.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>388676853
Or that, buy it don't want to see all those ugly 2d grass sprites again that just wobble back and forth. Especially in the first area and parts near the road that lead to duscae, Duscae only looks decent here and there because they have tons of bushes or tress hide the rest.
>>
>>388676994
>Leviathan happened well after they left
Also I literally addressed that you mong. I'm saying there were 2 invasions. It is war time.

Literally explained myself perfectly and you didn't read my post or watch any of the time stamped videos I've given you.

What the fuck is your problem?
>>
>>388676594
The road trip wasn't a road trip, they were going after their crystal it was something they decided on the fly not planned. Nomura even talked about how it's important for Noct to tell himself he's not "abandoning" Lucis but rather "going after the crystal" because it was a hard thing to do. I'm not saying they never would have gone back to Insomnia or that the player wouldn't have maybe there would have been flashbacks etc, but if they went back later in the story it would have been something much later probably and surely wasn't shown in the trailers. It's obvious that is all from the night of the Invasion.
>>
File: 1480533789427.png (200KB, 379x367px) Image search: [Google]
1480533789427.png
200KB, 379x367px
>>388677124
>omnis lacrima plays for 5 seconds
What a horrible use of a soundtrack
>>
>>388677296
>The road trip wasn't a road trip
I just mean a trip on the road, I'm not saying Versus had the happy go lucky "let's go to a spa in wartime!" bullshit Tabata spewed out.
>>
>>388677064
>>388677168
You're not discussing anything, people are telling you how and why your fanfic is shit because you are just plain uninformed and worng and you are just going "NOPE ITS RIGHT BECAUSE MUH CONJECTURE STUPID NIGGER GIVE ME ATTENTION"

So here's your last (You), maybe if XV-kun shows up you can talk with him I'm sure you'll get along pretty well.
>>
File: 1470030547286.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1470030547286.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>>388677473
Stay mad autist. I'm not wrong and you have NOTHING proving your stance lol. You aren't even trying.

You sound like the kun you're implying I am, literally sperging out hardcore because you have nothing else.
>>
>>388677615
>SQUASHED EM!

kek
>>
>>388677338
What a goddamn Waste of a Shimomura OST. Well, a dozen shimomura songs, more like.
>>
I was never really that hyped about Versus, but the prospect of a """serious""" game with KH's battle system intrigued me.
>>
File: 1470747629012.jpg (372KB, 720x1082px) Image search: [Google]
1470747629012.jpg
372KB, 720x1082px
>>388677473
Now allow me to bait you just like I'd bait that nig XV-kun.

Why are you even here? What crawled up your ass? Why did you watch Versus trailers THOUSANDs times without comprehending them? What is wrong with you?
>>
>>388676456
Nomura seems pretty frustrated these days whenever people bring that stuff up.
>>
>>388678001
I'd be too. We're at the point where a lot of people rather believe some opinions of their favorite ecelebs than actual interviews
>>
File: YSxn6NQ.webm (362KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
YSxn6NQ.webm
362KB, 720x404px
>>388677908
>>388677615
It's probably XV-kun screeching at what could have been a good game. It looks like Nomura had the entire first game planned out going by what you've surmised.
>>
File: fuck that quality.gif (877KB, 221x288px) Image search: [Google]
fuck that quality.gif
877KB, 221x288px
>>388668547
Why are SE shit at making engines?
I'm not even mad about XV anymore, just what the fuck?
>>
>>388678349
DQ11 looks pretty good 2bh
>>
>>388678169
Post PS2 era, jap devs seem to always have issues with engine development, that is, except for capcom it seems.
>>
>>388678509
Meant for

>>388678349
>>
>>388678349
It seems like they always make engines just for one game and then see how it works for others afterwards instead of an universal engine. Well the fact that Luminous works somewhat well for open world isn't a bad sign, but then again it could looks and run a lot better if they had different priorities and shit.
The biggest problem now is that the division that made XV is still the only one that works with XV and even they couldn't perfectly optimize it.
And judging by SEs releases for the enxt few years it will stay like that for a while. By the time KH3 or 7R is out they'd have to learn Luminous from the ground up instead of continuing working with Unreal which they worked for years with at that point.

The dumb thing is that Square will probably do this and in 7Rs case they'll probably lose assets and shit again, when they could just continue with UE
>>
File: 1497561741982.png (486KB, 398x582px) Image search: [Google]
1497561741982.png
486KB, 398x582px
Today is Noctis' birthday
>>
>>388677462
>not going on the free trip to the death camps
>>
File: 1229890737244.jpg (37KB, 638x338px) Image search: [Google]
1229890737244.jpg
37KB, 638x338px
>>388647369
I've never played a FF game, but this stuff about the development hell for FF15 is really interesting.
But why is FF15 considered so bad? What are the biggest things wrong with it? Is it better than the FF13 games?
>>
>>388679473
>Is it better than the FF13 games?
No. And that's why it's bad. It just sucks.
>>
>>388679473
They're bad for different reasons.
>>
File: untitled.jpg (32KB, 303x325px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
32KB, 303x325px
>>388658716
>2015
>>
>>388678456
nigga that's UE4
>>
>>388678456
>900p
no it looks like a blurry PS2 game
>>
>>388680734
haha ebin
>>
>>388659671
I mean, it wasnt a bad game for what it was. Its just it didnt live up to its hype and it wasnt FFvXIII which is what people were wanting.

It was still enjoyable in ways and I'm still playing it as more dlc shit comes out for it.
>>
File: 1411255071876.jpg (4KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1411255071876.jpg
4KB, 126x126px
>>388673412
>Safay Roth
>>
>>388647369
no i never cared about that. i care about how shitty FFXV was, and how square ever let XV see the light of day. the game was made by JAPS, masters of game design. how the FUCK would they ever think xv was okay
>>
Gonna past a summery on gamescom from another anon:

So gamescom is over and we have all the promised announcement; Mind you Tabata-chan promised this gamescom is going to better then the last two:

>FFXV coming to PC (Steam Workshop, Mods..etc)
>FFXV coming to Mobile.
>FFXV collaboration with Assassin Creed in-game event.
>FFXV third version built for the Switch hinted at.
>Game updates that adds Monster Wiki and Chapter Select.
>FFXV fishing VR coming Nov 21st.
>Ardyn won the Survey but it's too big for the team to make. Might make it a book, movie, or a short. Maaaaybe there is a chance for a side-game.
>Luna was the second choice. Hinted to Polygon by Tabata that we might get Episode Luna. (Have my doubts that he is lying. World of Ruin would've been the second choice. They probably thought it would be too much work)
> 60% people who bought the game finished it. Going to keep with this updating-game model going forward.

This is the future for Final Fantasy folks. It's hilarious how I finished Nier, Persona 5, and Breath of The Wild this year and felt a sense of happiness; Like I really am starting to like video games again, and then I remember Versus XIII and I just don't want play video games anymore. Of all the games that exists in the past, current, or future, why did have to be THIS game to be fucked?
>>
File: Assdevastated.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Assdevastated.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>388681524
>Ardyn won the Survey but it's too big for the team to make. Might make it a book, movie, or a short. Maaaaybe there is a chance for a side-game.
>>
>>388681524
Fuck em, i'll just look it up online. They don't deserve more of my fucking money.
>>
File: 1483083605326.jpg (24KB, 291x276px) Image search: [Google]
1483083605326.jpg
24KB, 291x276px
>>388681524
>ardyn has so much story that non of it ended up being in the game
>>
>>388681646
>>388681690
>>388681837
ffxv is an action game with rpg elements,the story is just complementary
>>
>>388681837
You just KNOW that the Ardyn-twist was something huge the Nomura was keeping till the end.

Kinda like Jon Snows parents.
>>
>>388682048
bait
>>
>>388682048
They actually advertised the story as one of the games strong points.

Like "Please buy our game if you want to experince a good story" Fucking Tabata could not shut up on amazing the story is.
>>
File: ffxiv_08282017_002528.png (800KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_08282017_002528.png
800KB, 1920x1080px
>>388682048
>the story is just complementary
>in a franchise that has been lauded for characters and storyline for decades now alongside its gameplay, of which XV's gameplay is only nominally less worse than the wonkdick fucking barebones remainders of the plot
>>
>>388682048
And it's terrible at all of them
>>
File: killtbt.webm (576KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
killtbt.webm
576KB, 1280x720px
>>388682203
About how Versus story was amazing it seens
>>
>>388681524
>That list
FF XVI should be a MOBA then if they are gonna pull all that jewish shit. At least that way I will never pay attention to the series ever again.
>>
>>388682048
Still seems odd to even put it on there if they can't live up to it, hell even admitting it since that's what the people who bought it want.
Just bullshit a playable section with him using the Comrades assets with artwork detailing his background during the 10 years, add an ifrit fight or summon if story's secondary.
>>
>>388680991
my nigga.
especially as a never-followed-versus-fag, i think the game is just fine for chilling out and enjoying a friend simulator while smacking some monsters around
>>
>>388682317
damn he's strong,the whole car door explodes upon impact on the window
>>
File: 1477071762753.jpg (29KB, 583x442px) Image search: [Google]
1477071762753.jpg
29KB, 583x442px
>>388682870
>>388680991
He asked about 2
>>
File: ok2cry.gif (997KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
ok2cry.gif
997KB, 500x281px
>>388683031
Welp, I'm retarded. Sasuga someone who actually enjoys FFXV.

I guess what they say about people like me is actually true.
>>
Isn't the Asscreed DLC coming tomorrow?

...Expectations?
>>
>>388683589
Adequete I guess, what's new from it anyway outside of event and costume
>>
>>388683589
glitches
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (750KB, 651x806px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
750KB, 651x806px
>>388683589
not much quality
>>
>>388683589
Apparently it's 2-3 hours long. They really should spent their time on something that actually ads to the story.
With all the time they spent on multiple timed festivals and shit they could've worked towards a playable invasion or more postgame dungeons
>>
>>388684113
It's just a promo for Asscreed. Said it's roughly 3 hours and has mini-games. Should big if it's going to last 5 months.

>>388684263
>>388684336

I hope they fuck up and it just comes out as a shit-show. I just want Tabata and Square to get what they deserve for being hungry jews.

>>388684645
You do realize Ubisoft payed for this, right? Making Insomina DLC would've cost them so much Yen that they could be making. Don't tell me believed them when Tabby said he was going to fix the story? The moment the PC version releases they are gonna bail so hard...
>>
>>388682870
I agree. I've been playing it for free and it's fun to walk around and try and find items and listen to banter from your homobros. But I had very little expectations going in so that probably helps.

Critically the game is beautiful to look at but the open world is pretty lifeless (not as bad as MGSVs) and the story is laughable in how it's presented.

It's not terrible but it's a 7/10 at best since the minute to minute gameplay is pretty ho hum and the game seems to be more enjoyable when you're fucking around rather than focusing on main missions.

Oh and fuck the car that thing is a pain to drive
>>
>>388647369

Honestly, Versus didn't even look that great to begin with. XV is just the lowest it could've possibly sunk.
>>
File: 1500348404160.png (224KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
1500348404160.png
224KB, 720x400px
>>388682317

>can't do any of that

God that had me so hyped.

WHY NOMURA

WHY
>>
>>388681524
All of those games are better than 15 and whatever VS was going to be honestly
>>
>>388683031
Huh I read that as "it". Welp, I guess I'm going blind again
>>
>>388675330
FFXV had so many years to get the story and characters right yet they still fucked it up. Meanwhile DQXI is well praised despite being made in less half the time that XV did. Tabata and Nojima was a mistake to take over reins of this project.
>>
>>388687365
Nojima left when nomura did
>>
>>388687365
>and Nojima
lol
>>
>>388687365
Yes, because Dragon Quest games are known for strong, character driven storylines. Are you nuts? The guy you replied to even outlined how formulaic they are.

Don't get me wrong, I love me a DQ but no one plays them for the same reason as an FF game.
Thread posts: 450
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.