[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do i have to play the first to understand this one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1969.jpg (79KB, 357x399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1969.jpg
79KB, 357x399px
Do i have to play the first to understand this one?
>>
>>388642293
No, but you're gonna ruin your experience if you don't play the first one first.
>>
Yeah.
>>
>>388642293
It won't make any sense either way
>>
>>388642293
Not really, it explains some lore, some characters back story, and is linked to a hidden ending/areas, that's about it. The first one is still a damn good game, and in my opinion better than Altopasta, so you should play it anyway
>>
No, but you will miss a bunch of throwbacks, sometimes pretty heart-wrenching ones.
>>
>>388642293
Make sure to play the first one, playing Automata first spoils the previous game and you also won't have any connection with the returning characters
>>
>>388642293
Yes, and it's better.
Don't listen those automafags.
>>
>>388642293
play the original if you have the means or watch it on youtube.

There is a lot of throwbacks and a lot of things wont make sense for you mostly in the endgame if you dont know the story
>>
>>388642293
I honestly don't think so. Both games are about their individual characters.

You'll miss some background on minor characters, but you can go back and play Nier 1 as a prequel and stiill have plenty to experience that isn't spoiled by Automata.

Definitely don't watch it on youtube, if you enjoy Automata you'll want to play more Nier.
>>
>>388643156
>muh story

automata has decent gameplay at least. also more eclectic soundtrack. the first is too samey.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8xx4sT6rEI

don't listen to /v/, Nier 1 is not good
this will save you a lot of time and confusion
>>
>>388644453
Automata's gameplay isn't even better in spite of the Platinum meme. It's even more braindead and boring than NieR ever was and it forces you to fight a lot more too.

The soundtrack isn't as good either, but it's pretty great.
>>
>>388644636
Did you play it or did you just watch this garbage video?
>>
File: 1373371651946.png (182KB, 442x341px) Image search: [Google]
1373371651946.png
182KB, 442x341px
>>388646798
played it in prep for Automata
wouldn't be posting itt otherwise
>>
>>388644636
/v/ cancer, right here.
Go back to NeoFAG or Reddit.
>>
>>388647846
lol
>>
>>388644636
>don't listen to /v/,
This.
>Nier 1 is not good
Especially when they spout retarded bullshit like this.
>>
File: 1503852336903.png (714KB, 746x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503852336903.png
714KB, 746x720px
>>388642293
No.
>>
>>388642293
Devs said the game is standalone and the story can be understood without going through the first one.
That said there are references, even recurring characters so if you play Nier first N:A will be more enjoyable.
>>
>>388642293
You don't need to, but a character or two has more info to them if you play the first game.
They don't talk about it at all save for one line.

Youtube clemps videos
Watch drakangard 1 and nier 1's vid.
Feel free to watch dod2 and 3 as well.
>>
>>388649219

Might as well go in blind at that point instead of watching lore videos which will spoil one of the big twists of Automata.
>>
>>388649219
Or just play the games instead of watching them?
>>
>>388649219
>Youtube clemps videos
>Watch drakangard 1 and nier 1's vid.
>Feel free to watch dod2 and 3 as well.
Kill yourself
>>
>>388649850
Even better, but op wanted just n,a. Not the entire series.

>>388650125
What did he mean by this?

>>388649317
Spoiler the twist because afaik there is none spoiled in lore vids.
>>
>>388642293
not necessary at all, but you'll lose some of the impact of characters that "return" from nier, and a mention from drakengard 3.
>>
>>388642293
No but like some others here are saying, you should play it first anyway.
>>
>>388650692
Don't see the point in just wanting to play Automata unless you're a waifu fag, there's potentially another few games OP could enjoy if he played them instead of ruining them with a basic Youtube analysis
>>
>>388651206
He is literally unironically wanting to play n,a and skip nier 1.
You think he wants to play dod 1 to 3? No.

We can say it's good and we all have.
I've just answered his question and gave information additionally.
That's all.
Dod3 has maintained waifu for laifu in it so I'd enjoy him playing that one.
>>
>>388651489
Yeah good point, it just gets under my skin when people Youtube games that are worth the experience
>>
>>388642472
fpbp
>>
>>388652414
The clemps guy does it justice largely.
By all means they can watch a let's play at least and skip grinding. I do that sometimes.
>>
>>388642293
Just watch a walkthrough of it on youtube and read the complete guide Grimoire Nier if you're still interested.
It will make some moments better.
>>
>>388642472
>>388642923
>Nier: Automata is a sequel to the 2010 video game Nier, a spin-off of the Drakengard series.
Do I have to play Drakengard too?
>>
>>388642293
Yes and No.

The events of the second game are a result of the first.

You won't need it for the surface plot involving the characters because it's set like 9000 years in the future, but for the general fuckery of the game world and understanding how things came to be, you will.

Project Gestalt is a serious part of the lore and setting and basically you know the story's twist from the very beginning because you'll know something is wrong if you played the first game.

Aside from that, NieR is just a solid game and an interesting experiment in both gamepaly and narrative and I highly recommend it.

Combat isn't the best obviously but unlike the autists that roam this image board, not every game has to play like DMC or Soulsborne to be good and there's more to NieR than just hitting things. it's charm is in it's characters and quests.

A point to note, look up which quests are important. There are many timesink quests that are an absolute chore and yield nothing important and you should skip them entirely. Of course you are also invited to do them anyway as they contribute to the nihilistic message of the game but, y'know. Practicality.

After that, feel free to tackle Automata. Some things hit alot harder when you know certain characters from NieR.
>>
>>388654582
I would at least recommend playing Nier, Drakengard is linked to it because the events of Drakengard's ending E cause the state of the world in Nier. There are more links but they are subtle. You don't have to play it but I would recommend it separately because I think it's worth the experience
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.