[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come no game was able to recreate that zone feeling?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: zone.jpg (255KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
zone.jpg
255KB, 1920x1080px
How come no game was able to recreate that zone feeling?
>>
>>388638268
No game has tried except Metro and they're doin' okay at it.
>>
inb4 Tarkov shitposters
>>
>>388638268
Because western developers haven't lived in a tired old country full of derelict industrial complexes and abandoned military installations, so the best they can do is copy without understanding.
>>
>>388638692
Actually I live in Detroit
>>
>>388639191
Kek he wasnt talking that much ruin.
>>
>>388639191
Are you a western developer?
>>
>>388638268
a bit off topic but how would you design a new STALKER?
If it wasn't so difficult to make i would put the appearing/disappearing players from Journey as random encounters.
>>
>>388639191
Detroit is Fallout, not Stalker.
>>
>>388639564
Keep the ability to repair gear, otherwise go back the design philosophy of the first game. Enclosed setpiece maps, invisible anomalies all over the place, artifacts hidden behind exploration instead of behind gear, no heaps of supplies or endgame guns behind every other tree. I'd also put less accent on combat but make ammo and health kits very hard to come by.

As for the story, I'd have it be about a retired stalker returning to the Zone to look for his son who was in the military. Exploring maps and tracking down people to find clues. Something suitably melancholic and urgent but which simultaneously cannot be rushed, giving the player enough time to snoop around. In the end you don't find anything conclusive, and the game is largely about what you did along the way, whether you decide to go home or keep looking until you, too, become just a name half-remember by fixtures like Barman and Sidorovich.
>>
>>388638268
>stalker games are basically walking simulators
>/v/ hates walking sims

Explain this.
>>
Because Sergei and the badly treated devs can do it only
>>
>>388641620
They are absolutely nothing like walking simulators, so there is nothing to explain.
>>
This is basically the last great single player pc fps. The death of the genre. Everything after now has to be linear and casualized for the console tards.
>>
>>388639564

More of the same with graphical and qol updates and coop for up to 4 players (read 50 with mods). Throw in more maps and enemy designs in the soup its not rocket science since they already done so many things right its buffling why noone picks up
>>
>>388641620
>stalker games are basically walking simulators
>(you)
>>
>>388638268
Fallout 4 with a decent amount of mods can sort of replicate the zone.
>>
>>388641620
>Talking shit about games you haven't played
>>
>>388644346
kill yourself
>>
>>388644346
>sort of
So... To a very limited degree, yes. But it's still very different. It can be a more enjoyable survival post apocalyptic game but uts still fallout unfortunately.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.