[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there no decent Bethesda-like games? All I want is an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

Why are there no decent Bethesda-like games?

All I want is an open-world, real-time fantasy RPG where you can more or less roleplay your own way.

Why is it that there's thousands of JPRGs but only one studio that makes games like this?
>>
>>388629970
Well theres mount and blade, It's not a fantasy RPG but it's a open-world
>>
>>388629970
There's a couple of them out there. Two Worlds, Gothic, M&B, Fable to some extent, to name a few

>jrpgs
Japs dont care about customization and freedom of choice, sadly
>>
>>388629970
because it requires skills that only BASEDthesda posses.
>>
>>388629970
Gamebryo games are unique.
>moddable sandbox
>open world
>mediocre rpg
>mediocre action
>>
>>388629970
>witcher
>two worlds
>kingdoms of amalur
>gothic
>risen
and so on
>>
>>388629970
Technically Fallout:New Vegas is made by obsidian; I'd count that as one.
>>
File: 1497489232065.jpg (11KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1497489232065.jpg
11KB, 320x240px
>>388630563
>Two Worlds
>>
D O R F
F O R T
>>
>>388629970
Takes an immense amount of work to build the world

requires in-house tools and methodologies for doing this work that can only be developed over years of iteration

people don't respect them but the people who work at bethesda do good work
>>
>>388632959
Yes, they do very good work. It takes an enormous amount of time, talent, and effort to build something like Skyrim.

Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of games like that. I think they're boring and usually broken and glitchy as fuck. Also, in Skyrim in particular, the combat is awful. What a shame
>>
>>388633098
A majority of issues in games come from higher ups taking it in a wrong direction rather than the actual designers and artists and so on.

Skyrim just wanted this 11/11/11 meme date and was thus massively unfinished
>>
>>388633240
>massively unfinished

a little bit unfinished. still one of the most beloved games ever made. you don't just delay games forever, there is a window you need to hit
>>
Urgh, I tried to restart Skyrim for some sort of buzz, but I couldn't do it. I've played the game into the ground, there's nothing left in it for me.

Games where there's an existing story in place and you don't build your own just aren't what I'm craving. I'm just looking for one where you do your own thing the whole time but there are quests to support it.

All of the other relevant ones are super old... or are >>388632870
which I just can't get into.
>>
More importantly how is the market for multiplayer hero games so oversaturated, yet open world RPGs aren't?
>>
>>388632691
>tfw the second one aint that bad but my disc stopped working 5 hours in
>>
>>388633535
use tropical skyrim if you want to play it new
>>
>>388632959
>>388633098
It doesn't take any talents. And it doesn't mean if somethings needs hardwork to be done is good. It's not hard to do a open world game or work at immense amount time. Hard thing is making a game that is rare, thinking out of the box and have a good imagination.
>>
>>388633756
okay thanks for your eastern european teenage opinion from someone who has never done anything at all in life
>>
>>388631741
>witcher
>roleplay your own way

No.
>>
>>388630695
Low quality bait.
>>
>>388635119
it's called Core Competency. google it.
>>
>>388633570
because they cost a lot less to make and they're popular right now, like how high-lethality shooters were a lot more popular a few years ago.

No one can convince a publisher to compete with Bethesda considering the cost of making the game and the lack of market data aside from Bethesdas own sales.
>>
there isnt even a good bathesda game
>>
>>388631741
You can't build your own character in those.
>>
File: 1502859360405.jpg (26KB, 329x313px) Image search: [Google]
1502859360405.jpg
26KB, 329x313px
>>388631741
>Witcher
>RPG
>>
>>388629970

any S.T.A.L.K.E.R-game comes pretty close. Especially with some free roam mod
>>
I really enjoy Skyrim with mods.
>>
>>388633240
More so because todd bittes of more then he can chew and runs the games over budget and time.

>>388633528
The civil war was half of what it should have been. The game even has codes for unfinished quest and areas.
>>
>>388637510
>Has C&C
Good enough.
>>
STALKER
>>
>>388629970
Their parent company possesses billions of dollars. The cost of paying programmers, and the amount you would need to compete would run millions.
>>
>>388639492
>More so because todd bittes of more then he can chew and runs the games over budget and time.
>Implying there's content in these games.
>>
>>388637510
Dude, It even won a award for being a good rpg
>>
>>388639672
this. it's a budget problem, especially nowadays.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.