[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the worst, most unintuitive pile of shit on the planet.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 13

File: header.jpg (49KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
49KB, 460x215px
This is the worst, most unintuitive pile of shit on the planet.
>>
Combat sucked so bad I dropped it after a couple hours.
>>
Someone's mad they suck at flying
>>
It's fun with VR for like a day then meh
>>
File: 1434900297848s.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1434900297848s.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>388629806
No. That's only part of why the game sucks.

>no instructions on how to actually play
>after hours of tooling around, finally get a handle of how to operate the ship through the menus and get form here to there
>"guess I'll guess I'll start playing the game now!"
>oh looks like you only have 1000 credits. Can't buy fuck all. Not for trading and sure as shootin for your ship!
>"I know I'll go mine for stuff and sell the ores!"
>you sure wasted a lot of fuel getting to this asteroid belt but uhhh... you need mining equipment. Lots of it. Which you cannot afford.
>"Fuck. Maybe I'll try the lowest possible level quests... hmm can't afford anything these people are requesting but it looks like there's a combat quest. Seems like all I can do."
>welcome to combat! You are not being attack by 5 pirates in your starter ship that has no armor! Oh you died ten seconds later!
>"well what the fuck then? I know! I saw something about just exploring and then selling your discoveries!"
>exploring does not seem to be working or uses some hidden methods of function, discover some sun totally by accident
>"That's something I guess. I'll sell this info."
>Nice info! But you can only sell this info 20+ LIGHT YEARS away or no one will want it!
>"This is getting annoying. Welp, let me just pick a star system over 20 light years away and jump there. This one looks good. Engage!"
>Jump cancelled. You may not jump farther than a predetermined fuel limit of 4 light years.
>...
>uninstall
>>
>>388630631
>I don't know how to look up info elswhere and am too much of a baby to try to learn something I spent money on

Quit whining and google shit, bitch. Buy a fuel scoop, sell your guns and take delivery missions until you get enough to get a new ship
>>
>>388631152
How about I deliver my balls to your face? Who makes an unplayable game like this?

>oh you're actually supposed to sell the guns on the ship we start you with and pray that delivery missions might be available at the star system you happen to be in and then just grind it out, keep hoping for good luck and in a few weeks you might be able to buy a new ship and kinda almost start pretending to play the game! And don't forget to google how to play our piece of shit!
>>
>>388631529
>He doens't google everything in this day and age
You're just one of those 'feel' fagots who now feels bad because you dod zero research and can't admit that your lifestyle is beyond trash i the modern era. Welcome to being old grandpa, remember to get your meds on your way out.
>>
>>388631529
nice review. my boy
did you post it on steam?
>>
>>388631994
I'll get around to it. I'm that pissed.
>>
>>388632065
did you buy it because it was 33% off? I did too and I didn't like it either.
>>
>>388630631
>buy extra cargo rack
>do trade missions, five or six will get you your next ship
>buy cobra mk 3 with trading money
>outfit it for more trading
>trade missions until I can afford a vulture
>outfit it with gimballed pulse lasers
>can stay in hirez indefinitely and easily kill elite anacondas without your shield going off
Fun game
Space legs and gunplay when?
>>
I wish there was a game like this but with mecha
and third person
>>
>>388632207
It was even cheaper when I got it. Figured it was a "great game" for almost no money. No wonder it's got such shit reviews.
>>
This thread made me want to play it. How are the flight mechanics? Is it a flight sim style, or more like EVE - pick a point, engage route, your ship points in that direction kind of thing?
>>
>>388632495
flight sim.
>>
>>388632330
also I should add on that I felt the same way too when I started, and I paid sixty bucks for it just recently for PS4
Once you learn how to fly and understand how going from place to place and outfitting works its really simple
>>
>>388632748
Damn, sounds dank. Might have to check it out, I'm ok with a tough grind.
>>
I'm a fucking retard and even I figured out how to play it and ended up with about 100 billion credits and the biggest ship in the game within two months by lurking threads and forums for money exploits.

In other words, git gud fgt
>>
I want to play a fun space game that isn't retardedly complicated. I tried playing X3: Reunion but it takes way too long to get a hold of the controls and mechanics.

What's something more casual proof that still has potential?
>>
>>388632907
my dick
>>
>>388632495
the flight mechanics make me insane. You can throttle up and throttle down and blast jets to roll your ship in different directions but there's also just no way to STOP the fuck damn ship when you want to. You have to throttle down and pray you land on 0 thrust to stop because throttle down will actually fire a reverse thruster so if you overshoot it, you're now going backwards.

Then there's different tiers of flight speed which are also a pain in the ass to switch between and you can only go super fast under the right conditions and there's all kinds of bullshit to deal with. Nothing is intuitive.
>>
>>388633186
you're in space, nigger, not in a car
>>
>>388633186
So basically space, yes?
>>
>>388633186
check the controls, it has hotkey settings for instantly setting various levels of throttle
>>
>>388633052
Cool, any other suggestions?
>>
>>388629715
The flight model is great and the ui panels are very intuitive. Everything else about it is garbage
>>
>>388633186
>but there's also just no way to STOP the fuck damn ship when you want to
idk if its because I'm on ps4 using a controller but this is not the case
It stops when you hit zero and you have to pull the trigger again to start reversing
>>
>>388633186
lol do you ever play a flight sim and complain that you can't brake in mid air?
>>
>>388632907

Freelancer, my nig. It is exactly what you are looking for.
>>
>>388629715
The game is bad, and it's okay to be mad at the game, but you're choosing the wrong reason
>>
>>388633807
What do airplanes have to do with a 0-gravity environment?
>>
>>388629715
>unintuitive
you fly at things and kill things and buy things and sell things
How in the fuck is it unintuitive? YOU POINT YOUR SHIP AND GO FORWARD
>>
I wish Fdev would tell the dads to fuck off back to eurotruck simulator, and stop trying to craft their stupid narrative that nobody cares about, and let people create, control, and destroy their own factions, so it can be like Eve online naturally, instead of the stupid powerplay shit.
>>
>>388634198
There's still gravity around celestial objects
>>
File: 1491014457862.jpg (28KB, 333x450px) Image search: [Google]
1491014457862.jpg
28KB, 333x450px
>>388634636
>find perfect high tech system with hirez nearby and lots of good outfitting options
>station is right next to a planet and the high rez is right next to the gas giant
>and the high rez goes completely dark every five damn minutes
>>
>>388634636
yet no gasses. It's not comparable.
>>
>>388634983
now who is making a non sequitur
It was about motion, and Elite tries to be as realistic as possible
>>
>>388630631
This is like the only good negative review I've ever seen, thank you.
>>
>>388635176
Are you retarded?
>>
I had great fun just jumping around, exploring, and doing long trade routes until the game started to kick me out every 5 mins. That was a year ago, and even if it got fixed either on my side or on their side, I've heard that the game is shit now
>>
>>388633186
>there's also just no way to STOP the fuck damn ship when you want to

There is. A lot of shit is unbound, I highly suggest checking all categories and configuring shit to your liking before playing, hell, for me all ground vehicle controls were not bound, had to do it myself.

For OP:
Find a gas giant with rings, if it has a Resource Extraction Zone [High], go to it, if it has big ships like Anacondas, etc. Then stay and see when the Feds starts to blast someone to pieces, then right when he is about to die fire a couple of shots to claim the bounty. Can often get 150-230k bounties.

There are lots of lucrative ways to make money, there a grind though, getting higher ranks in exploration, combat, etc, will yield more money for the missions, or rather you get better paying missions.

Make sure to do all tutorial missions and watch the tutorial videos. I'd also recommend 3rd party beginners tips videos.

A fun game to sometimes get lost in and explore, but it's a fucking grind at times.
>>
>follow distress signal
>find destroyed ship with no survivors
>salvage some stuff
>LOOKS LIKE YOU STOLE SOMETHING, THIEF. VILLAIN. YOU ARE NOW WANTED.
>niggers start scanning my ship
>murdered
>for following a distress signal
>>
>>388635738
You took salvage from a destroyed ship, that's stealing.
>>
>>388635669
I'm using VR and using only the controller. The fact that I have to blindly paw around for the J key to jump is already a nuisance
>>
>>388635356
>I've heard that the game is shit now
I just started, what's bad about it? Engineers?
>>
>>388635852
Stealing from whom? The other people who wanted to steal it?
>>
>>388632834
share us your secrets
>>
>>388636026
The corporations that have their barcodes/gps whatever the fuck you want to call it on all the cannisters
You can still take ship parts, and take salvage if you want to be a smuggler
>>
>>388636026
forgot to add, its like stealing salvage from a wrecked and sunk cargo ship irl. Its still stealing
>>
>>388635924
Could just bind it to something more convenient, like space bar or something.

On another note, I'm looking forward to the Thargoid update, it's fun to find and explore the alien ruins and shit.
>>
If someone asks for fuel, how do you give it to them?
>>
>>388636004
I think I remember that they amped up the grind and made combat worse, but don't take my words on this
>>
>>388636342
Use your guns to transfer the fuel. Too much and they will explode, so be careful
>>
>>388636342
fuel limpet
>>
>>388636461
a nonstandard utility device that you have to buy, I'm assuming. This game sucks.
>>
File: 1458502198766.jpg (17KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1458502198766.jpg
17KB, 326x326px
>>388636551
Why? If you're going around giving fuel to players, you'll have to make compromises anyway by adding more fuel tanks
>why can't I do everything with one ship
>>
>>388636450
>find distress signal
>npc running out of fuel
>no fuel limpet so I blew him up to save him a long death
What would have happend if I saved him, anything?
>>
>>388637078
Reputation+, I would assume.
>>
>>388636126
They've patched most of the best ways to make money. The last I heard passenger mission at Quince could still net you 100 million or more for a couple hours play. There's a guy on yt who keeps up to date on this stuff check him out.
>>
>>388637851
do you have links or anything to share?
>>
>>388638658
Not him, but if you're going to Quince, consider getting at least 15-20 LY jump range to save yourself some time. As it's a considerate way outside of the bubble. I went there in a Cobra MK3.

I think he means this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpxM5yb5xzA
>>
>>388631779
different anon
You are the biggest fucking brainlet i have ever seen in my life. Who the fuck praise a game that have you FUCKING BROWSE GOOGLE TO PLAY IT.

I swear to god your skull is as full as fucking space
>>
>>388636813
>just want to give fuel to a guy
>dude you can't just DO that you've gotta build your ship around it GOD why do people just want to do things from time to time instead of wasting time and effort to be able to do it ALL THE TIME
>>
>>388639186
>I went there in a Cobra MK3
Actually now I remember I didn't, I went in a Diamondback Explorer. Also a fuel scoop is mandatory for long travels.

And Advanced Discovery Scanner is nice, you can scan whole star systems and sell it for money once you reach your destination, the thing costs like 1mil though.
>>
File: air refueling.jpg (5KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
air refueling.jpg
5KB, 290x174px
>>388639478
You can say that about literally every aspect of the game.
Why even have different types of ships?
>>
File: angryanimewhore.gif (938KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
angryanimewhore.gif
938KB, 500x281px
>>388639426
>Who the fuck praise a game that have you FUCKING BROWSE GOOGLE TO PLAY IT.
You don't have to though. there are tutorials to teach you everything and you can talk to other players in game. Googling is just good for looking up money exploits and cheating to find out where the best systems are for outfitting
>>
>>388636219
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_salvage
>The law of salvage is a concept in maritime law which states that a person who recovers another person's ship or cargo after peril or loss at sea is entitled to a reward commensurate with the value of the property so saved. The concept has its origins in antiquity, with the basis that a person would be putting himself and his own vessel at risk to recover another and thus should be appropriately rewarded. A related consideration was widespread piracy; a vessel in peril could very well be left for pirates if the owner did not generously reward a potential honest salvor. Salvage law has been recognized for centuries in such documents as the edicts of Rhodes and the Roman Digest of Justinian.[1] It is still a nearly universally recognized right, though conditions for awards of salvage vary from country to country.
>>
>>388641078
Which is why there are salvage missions where pilots get hired to pick up the salvage. If you just happen upon a wreck and take the stuff, you are the pirate that is talking about
>>
File: 1491633960037.jpg (44KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
1491633960037.jpg
44KB, 600x525px
>>388630631

>Have bazillion simple courier or trade quests with ZERO requirements that can easily finance gear and ship upgrades during the first couple of hours.
>Hurr durr I'll go mining and combat with the basic shit gear I was given for free without bothering to learn how to play the game.
>Besides, there is a fairly comprehensive manual and a couple of simple tutorials that take about 10 minutes of your time.

I'm not surprised anon. Stick to No Man's Sky.
>>
>>388629715
I see someone has found the PS4 release
>>
>>388641921
t. google pro
>>
>>388629715
That's not PUBG.
>>
File: 1503917025333.png (566KB, 905x619px) Image search: [Google]
1503917025333.png
566KB, 905x619px
Got the game recently and it looks real nice in the cockpit using VR.
Seems a bit shitty to play with a gamepad so I got a flightstick and throttle on the way.

How exactly does the online stuff work? Is it MMO style with players roaming around or is it Souls style where they randomly pop in and out of your game?
Is there voice chat?
>>
>>388630631
Dumb frogposter.
>>
File: 1493463228779.gif (3MB, 200x170px) Image search: [Google]
1493463228779.gif
3MB, 200x170px
>>388630631
Consolebabby here, I figured out everything but mining by myself, either git fucking good or get a better brain, sucker.
>>
Hows the alien conspiracy going in the game? I dropped it after 20 hours maybe and i heard theres aliens now.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.