[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ARK FULLY RELEASES TODAY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 43

File: download.jpg (11KB, 329x153px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 329x153px
Ark will fully launch today, post your refund requests!
>>
>fully releases
>will be exactly the same as EA
>still bugs, still shitty non-prehistoric creatures being added and DLC
>will still run like shit
>>
>>388629836
thats why im asking for a refund, you can refund a game after it leaves early access no matter if u played more than 2h
>>
>>388629631
Hm interesting.
>>
>>388629836
ALSO, SEASON PASS FOR THE LOW PRICE OF 40 BUCKS
http://store.steampowered.com/app/696680/
>>
>>388630052
>http://store.steampowered.com/app/696680/
what, i cant see it at the store, wth is that ??? theres only scorched earth and its just $20
>>
>>388629631
Finally! Time to buy it and try it.
>>
>>388630382
>The ARK: Survival Evolved Season Pass gives you access to three huge expansion packs - Scorched Earth (available now) and two future expansions (coming in Fall 2017 and Spring 2018). Scorched Earth adds an all-new desert world along with 11 new creatures, 50+ new items and a new boss. The future expansions will unlock in your account when released and offer 300+ hours of content each including new dinosaurs, custom maps and unique mechanics.
>>
>>388630382
There's a "see all" button under the list of dlc
>>
>>388631124
what a load of bullshit i just hope that once the full release and the store page updates to the full release and remove the early access notification i can get my money back through a refund like i did with long dark and KF2
>>
What are the conditions for being able to refund it?
>>
>>388631124
>new dinosaurs
Guarantee by "dinosaurs" they mean "more present-day and fantasy animals."
Reminder that their last three released animals were a Griffon, Otter and Phoenix, for their """dinosaur""" game.
>>
>>388631947
I'm pretty sure you're allowed to refund it no matter what you say and how many hours you've got, that's if they treat it like KF2 when it first released
>>
Just refunded this piece of shit, I've waited so long for this moment to come and I'm so happy about it. I updated my rig twice since it came out and I could barely reach 40 fps without sacrificing image quality on some way. Fuck these "devs".
>>
>being so poor that you need a refund for a game you've spent hundreds of hours in
>>
Any idea why all the notes and the character screen are black?
>>
>>388632468
Don't want to sound like a sperg here, but what did you tell the steam support for them to give you a refund?
>>
fuck man i thought i was on /biz/ for a moment and got extremely happy.
>>
>>388632468
Part of the issue for the frame drop is the need for kibble, so big bases can have hundreds of fucking dinos sitting around doing nothing producing eggs for kibble. I am sure the bigger ones have thousands.

Also the game is shit design since bigger is always better and dinosaur combat > all other combat
>>
>>388632520
every single piece of money is your hard earned work, you cantwaste part of your hard earned work on bullshit no matter how much hard earned work it was, if i can get it back and spend my hard earned work on something else that would be more fun then ill do it
>>
>>388632710
That the optimization is really fucking bad, that I've updated my rig and can run most modern games at Ultra but can barely scrap 30-40 fps, that I want a refund and the game gone from my library.

I also got a refund on KF2 when it came out of EA and pretty much said that the game was unfun.

>>388632520
It's not about being poor, it's about sending the devs a message, vote with your wallet and all that. After two years the game still runs like shit, there has been little to no visual upgrades and they just keep bloating the game with shit that could either wait, be refined some other way, or just outright not exist (like non-prehistorical creatures?)
>>
File: 1486588141009.jpg (35KB, 211x211px) Image search: [Google]
1486588141009.jpg
35KB, 211x211px
>>388632520
Rich people don't stay rich by throwing money away
>>
Man, I can't even remember when I bought it or for how much. Did I get it to erp with some f-lsit fags? I don't think I got it in a bundle. It's like gambling!
>>
It's so ridiculous to read that. I remember when a buddy first told me about this and how I really need to try it and how he paid 20 bucks or whatever for an alpha version. And how I laughed at him. That was fucking AGES ago.
>>
They were definitely forced out of EA by valve, probably gave them a time frame for being reported malicious by players in their promises
>>
>>388632185
where does it say ARK is a "dinosaur" game
>>
File: 1416805897167.jpg (51KB, 601x386px) Image search: [Google]
1416805897167.jpg
51KB, 601x386px
>After months of playing, only 2 major factions left on my server
>Carl's Colas vs Badass Jones' Tribe
>Part of Carl's Colas, we had split off into side tribes to deal with the ever growing size of our tribe, both human and dinosaur
>I was lead of the Air Strike Scouts or ASS
>BJ's members begin moving onto our territory and harassing our expeditionary forces and supply gatherers
>We prepare to go war
>We grab some of our fastest pteras and fly down below the tree cover
>Their Anti-Air defense net has holes in it. Even if we are spotted, we'll be far out of the area before the plant is able to hit us
>Make it close enough that we can scout out the area with our spyglasses with little risk
>They're currently building a massive expansion most likely using materials stolen from us
>Let our main tribe leader know that this is a good time to attack while they're busy building
>5 hours later we attack with almost everything leaving only a skeleton crew behind
>>
Apparently I paid 25 bucks for it. I guess i could try Sonic Mania?
>>
Oh nice, thanks for the reminder. Time to refund this shit
>>
>>388630020
This is an urban legend fueled by photoshops.
>>
File: 1458923497879.jpg (72KB, 720x690px) Image search: [Google]
1458923497879.jpg
72KB, 720x690px
>>388635354
>First strike is done with rocket launchers
>Second is done with dimorphodons strapped with C4
>Now it's my turn
>We fly in the builders who quickly construct battlements for cover and respawning
>The fast attack raptor squad swarm in. For every 1 that gets to the main door, 2 more fall from gunfire
>They plant more C4 and destroy more of the wall
>Their Plant X defenses are fucking us up but the ground crews are taking enough of them out that we can get more people over the wall into the sensitive areas
>Send in every T-Rex we have and set them to just kill everything and everyone
>By the time they get their shit together, we're already in position to kill them
>Beds and supply caches are key
>The battle goes on for 2 hours. We've fucked them up so badly and only lost about 20% of our forces while expending 50% of our munitions
>The next week is spent taking out their smaller bases and caches. More and more players leave the server now that everything they've worked for has been destroyed.
>Eventually it's just us with no one left to fight
>Our own tribe dies down because no one will join our server

It's lonely at the top.
>>
>>388635895
No it's not, fucking retard. I've done it with Killing floor 2. Eat my asshole
>>
>>388635895
Did it with KF2. Owned it a year and a half, got 60 hours out of it, sold the cards, even opened a few crates. Got a refund with no questions.
>>
>>388633183
That's the funniest thing about the poorfag shitposters. It's obvious that they are poor as fuck, otherwise they would know how to handle money
>>
>>388635957
>>388636054
You fucking liar, also no I won't eat your asshole you desperate faggot.
>>
>>388635354
>>388635930
I envy you. I was in a borderline alpha tribe for a while until we got wiped one day without provocation so we were competently blindsided. that, and our defenses were honestly pretty shitty.
Now I just play pve for that harvest moon style feeling.
>>
I heard horror stories from their devs.
>>
>>388635930
what did you expect to happen? nobody wants to join a server with a mega tribe.
>>
>>388636809
Go on.
>>
>>388636830
I wouldn't even mind it if it would deter retards who start shit in their own server as opposed to off server raiding. The problem is that most alpha tribes (iv'e encountered) are run by power tripping childish assholes who always fuck over lesser tribes that couldn't possibly pose a threat to them, and for no real reason.
>>
>>388637127
>who always fuck over lesser tribes that couldn't possibly pose a threat to them, and for no real reason.
There isn't much else to do.
>>
>>388633909
You serious? Really?
>>
I played this co-op on ps4

it was fucking shit and buggy as hell (your UI is affected by other player pressing buttons.. what the fuck?)

the game requires constant googling unless you've been playing from the start (want to tame an animal? tough fucking shit unless you're a psychic or google shit)

houses&structures look like shit

constantly fucking poo noises

monsters run away fast when they're low on hp with seemingly no way to catch them up ever again. i understand ranged attacks are a thing and its "realistic" but this is annoying as fuck when it happens 99% of the time and bee-line ai routines are just dogshit

fucking piece of shit and I don't understand why anyone likes it
>>
My faggot friends keep telling me to buy it. Fuck that noise.
>>
>>388637532
>monsters run away fast when they're low on hp with seemingly no way to catch them up ever again.

If you're hunting herbivores, attack them so that they will run into something that will stop them

LIKE THE HUNTERS OF OLD YOU DIPSHIT
>>
>>388637627
>attack them so that they will run into something that will stop them

run into what? rocks that they will just swerve around?
>>
>>388637627
Kek, the animations and ai are so shitty that I thought I was cheesing or exploiting shit when the dinos would run into a clump of rocks and get stuck.
>>
>>388637532
your just new newfriend. Let me run you through it:
Step 1. play pve and learn everything there
Step 2. THEN go play pvp and do the only thing that matters, ruining other people weeks (or even months) worth of effort
>>
>>388637808
I did play pve you fucking dickhead, couch coop with a friend. not online

you cannot just "learn everything" there, the game requires constant googling
>>
>>388637532
here is some golden advice, invest in run speed. I cannot express the importance and usefulness of this.
>>
>>388637938
I took my own, better advice and uninstalled the game
>>
>>388635957
wtf? I did it for Killing Floor 2 and they denied my refund
>>
>>388637808
The game does not have a single learning resource built in as of when I played (which, granted, was a while ago) Even EYE had those shitty videos at least.
>>
>>388637912
>I did play pve you fucking dickhead
>the game requires constant googling
well what modern game with any semblance of depth doesn't require constant googling you fucking moron. Get used to it or go back to playing mobas and shooters with every other retard out there.
>>
>>388637127
because they are bored. what else are they going to use their fancy gadgets and dino's on? and there is no real consequence. everyone succumbs to the same shit sooner or later. it's why I stopped playing.
>>
>>388637532
there are things called bolas. if you're hunting smaller dinos like (you should if you're staring off) you can trap them and kill them easy. then when you want to chase the bigger dinos, you get mounts to hunt the bigger and faster dinos. you can't run before you learn to crawl.
>>
>90% of taming is done by getting a bird to pick something up and drop it inside a circle of fences

Just like my ancestors used to do!
>>
>>388638171
Most of them with decent discovery/learning tools built in. Some trial and error is good, and I don't believe in constant hand-holding, but most games (even the ones with lots of depth) do not require googling to just play at a basic level. You're full of shit if you defend this. Seems like >>388638170 also noticed this being dogshit
>>
File: 1499361401241.png (134KB, 372x334px) Image search: [Google]
1499361401241.png
134KB, 372x334px
>>388638681
>this game was going for realism
>>
>>388638681
>tame a triceratops by knocking it out and then placing berries on its skin for 5 days straight which it somehow consumes
>its your friend for life now

>>
>>388639014
>humans coexisting with dinosaurs
>>
>>388638681
>cramming hundreds of pounds of meat and sleep inducing berry potions in an unconscious t rex's mouth in order to gain it's trust so you can strap a giant leather saddle to it's back and ride it like a horse
>>
>people ITT think they will get refunds for a game they have >50 hours for just because Tripwire accepted refunds for KF2 that one time

Hahahaha you niggers aren't getting your money back.
>>
File: 1502864867737.jpg (442KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502864867737.jpg
442KB, 1280x720px
From what I understand it's basically a pyramid scheme simulator. Where the most successful tribe represents how many dumb assholes you can convince to slave away and grind resources for you. This is because everything takes a shit ton of grind, impossible to do alone or in a small team. Also all the technology and good stuff is locked behind "blueprints" which only the highest ranks in a tribe will have access to, locked in a safe. They convince all the underlings to mindlessly grind resources for hours then take all the resources and make the blueprint items for themselves.
>>
File: refund.png (22KB, 537x532px) Image search: [Google]
refund.png
22KB, 537x532px
Alright guys, who has the oldest purchase that got refunded?
>>
>>388640293
Kek >>388640395
>>
>>388638349
>>388637290
Off-lining is too easy and theres no issues with running a mega tribe with hundreds of members. Game is just semi-broken like that though, so I guess it can't be helped. Doesnt help that the servers can't handle max amount of players on them either so if 70/70 players are on the server the dinos act stupid as fuck. PVP in general is just bad, I forgot about the biggest thing that ruins the game which is a club since it ignores armor aside from Riot which reduces all forms of torpidity damage. Even after the nerf the club still swings too fast so by the time the server registers that you have moved away from the person they've still hit you 5 times and knocked you out.
>>
>>388640505
He had <2 hours play time.
>>
>Bought a key off g2a
Fuck
>>
> Go to request a refund.
> Received as a gift.

Huh. Well, I've no idea who gifted me this shit, but, I guess there goes my refund.
>>
>>388640384
Grinding isn't actually that bad. A little boring yeah because Quetzl taxi breaks the game removing any danger from it. You can find a level 150 doedic and go back to base with 3k stone or more once its leveled but its dangerous to harvest like that since Adolf chickens can torpidity knock you out in the dark. The doedic wont die, but you'll look like a retard.
>>
>>388640716
>Got the game during that weekend where they gave out random codes and accidentally made them all free copies of the game
>>
>get hype after seeing the store price for the game is 60 bucks
>check refund
>says it was a gift
Fuck I forgot. Would have loved 60 bucks
>>
File: 1479360902157.jpg (665KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1479360902157.jpg
665KB, 1536x2048px
>>388641364
You only get the amount you paid for it, not $60.

Besides, no one is getting their refunds. The one person in this thread who posted that has less than 2 hours.
>>
have they ever explained what the island is
>>
>>388641548
You know how everyone suspected it was ancient aliens who built the arc and transported you to it? Well surprise, the ancient aliens are actually future humans!
>>
>>388641532
Even if it was less than 2 hours, it was still purchased over two years ago, which is well over the two week limit.
>>
>>388641532
I didn't remember if I had bought it for 60 or on sale or what, but pretty sure I was gifted it while it was on sale.

That being said I got a refund for KF2 despite having like 100 hours on it, and when a game releases from early access it's a known fact it can be refunded. I plan on doing it for other games too like Squad, what a piece of shit
>>
File: morph.png (281KB, 797x644px) Image search: [Google]
morph.png
281KB, 797x644px
>>388642015
Killing Floor 2 was a one time thing offered by the developers, not part of steam refund policy.
>>
>>388638863
>Seems like >>388638170 also noticed this being dogshit

I'm not sure why you're using your own reply as a source for anything.
>>
>>388642141
>offered by devs
haha no
>>
Why is there at least one anon trying to insist that the game is un-refund-able? Is he just trying to kill time by lying on the internet?
>>
>>388642226
>it is impossible for more than 1 person can disagree with me
>>
File: Damage-Control.jpg (144KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
Damage-Control.jpg
144KB, 650x650px
>>388643084
>oh no, he found I'm samefagging
>>
>>388641805
What shitty fucking lore. I was hoping the humans would eventually escape and facefuck the nasty aliens that took them. And if it's advanced humans how the fuck do they have an Egyptian, a Roman, a Victorian doctor and a cowboy?
>>
File: Hypernova.jpg (279KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
Hypernova.jpg
279KB, 560x560px
>mfw I bought this the first week of ea and have been enjoying it ever since
>>
>>388637627
>>LIKE THE HUNTERS OF OLD YOU DIPSHIT
Did the hunters of old have to chase some stupid badly animated dino that clips through rocks and trees and lags all over the place?
>>
>>388637532
>>constantly fucking poo noises
This is perfect though, the constant BRRRAAAAAAAAAPPPP is a perfect soundtrack to this shitty game.
>>
>>388643747
>And if it's advanced humans how the fuck do they have an Egyptian, a Roman, a Victorian doctor and a cowboy?
Grew them in cloning tanks.
>>
>>388644319
EVERY FUCKING DAY

>>388644409
It's really great when you're having a serious talk and everyone shits themselves
>>
So did anyone try refunding it? Does it work or not?
>>
sandboxes suck
>>
Got my refund. I got it on sale though, so I'm gonna have to wait for Bayonetta to go on sale to buy that.
>>
>>388637398
>dinosaur
>nowhere does it say prehistoric creatures only
>>
Now to wait for H-Hour, DayZ, and whatever other stupid EA shit I bought to leave EA so I can refund them.
>>
>>388630589
Tell me how the tutorial, opening cinematic, and single player campaigns are.
>>
>>388637118

ive played the game since 2015. its another case of cool game by devs who decided that making money was more important than making a good game. bugs were ignored for months/years and buried with new buggy but eye-catching content, rampant issues with duping and chinese raiders completely ignored ala reintroduction of cross-server raiding.

also the game never ran well and unless you were the alpha tribe or played on a private server you would never see a majority of the endgame content.
>>
File: ARK.png (30KB, 544x574px) Image search: [Google]
ARK.png
30KB, 544x574px
Post you refund screenshots boys.
>>
>>388644643
Yes. >>388640395
>>
What do you do if your credit card used to purchase it initially has expired - it doesn't list an option for refunding to the currently held credit card - is steam wallet the only option?
>>
>>388640395
>>388645503
Did you guys put in anything for motivation?
>>
File: ss+(2017-08-29+at+07.25.01).jpg (16KB, 849x78px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-08-29+at+07.25.01).jpg
16KB, 849x78px
>>388645825
>>
>>388645825

i basically stated that the game has not progressed enough to be considered a finished product.
>>
>>388641109
>the grinding isn't that bad
>t. addicted retard

Lol, ok.
>>
Reminder the people who made ark also made this masterpiece
>>
>>388646310
Impressive.
>>
>>388646310
AHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: images-48.jpg (41KB, 358x411px) Image search: [Google]
images-48.jpg
41KB, 358x411px
>>388646310
>>
>>388638131
That's because you played for more than 2 hours/waited more than 2 weeks after the full release.
>>
>>388629631
I could not get a refund for LEGO Worlds when that came out of EA and I had 40 hours of playtime. I was able to get a refund of The Long Dark when that came out of EA and I had 13 hours of playtime.

In The Long Dark refund thread on here, everyone who got their refunds all got it refunded to their wallets, and those who tried to get it refunded to the bank accounts all got denied. I tried with LEGO worlds to my bank account and got denied.

I have just tried to refund ARK to my bank account, I bet I will get denied, Valve are shady cunts.
>>
>>388640384
>>388641109

unless your tribe is the alpha tribe this game is shit on public servers. our tribe on server 16 only managed to stay alpha because we played like 24/7 after a server wipe and had 10 people all willing to commit large amounts of time to playing.

the game was fine for us because we knew that we could leave the game and come back to find everything where we put it unlike literally every other person on the server who felt the wraith of our ceaseless bullying.
>>
File: Moving goalpost.jpg (29KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
Moving goalpost.jpg
29KB, 300x240px
>>388645121
>>
Guys don't try to refund, Valve turns them all down and your account will be marked for trying, hindering your future refund attempts. Just enjoy the game as it is and wait for the developers to fix it.
>>
>>388648005
Fuck off Studio Wildcard.
>>
>>388648005

1 quetzal kibble has been deposited into your account
>>
Is Conan Exiles better than Ark?
>>
>>388648184

no because the game was simply built so funcom could keep the conan franchise.
>>
>>388648005
What is your end game? Why do you feel that you owe any loyalty to this developer?
>>
Wait, can I seriously get a refund?
>>
>>388645705
Yeah I think you can only refund credit to the credit card thatt bought it
>>
File: 1243263454.png (48KB, 545x589px) Image search: [Google]
1243263454.png
48KB, 545x589px
fucking
lmao
>>
>>388629631
I bought this game for $60 on PS4 in early access, it's one of the worst games I've ever played. They kept pumping it full of content that would break the game and its performance. I was glad to hear that they were going to start optimizing now that it was "finished," but I guess they'll be working on MORE DLC instead.
>>
>>388649459
nice photoshop
>>
>>388649956

its paint
>>
>>388646625
refund to steam wallet, there are extra fees going to a bank account, and you can use those steam bux just like normie dollars. You're gonna use that money on another steam game anyway
>>
File: refund.jpg (74KB, 1018x472px) Image search: [Google]
refund.jpg
74KB, 1018x472px
Post em boys.
>>
>>388636058
You're right
I know how to handle your mom way better
>>
arkshills in full damage control
>>
refunding unfinished games might be the best thing steam has done since christmas 2012 when they gave free shit away. When KF2 got refunded I was happy the rest of the week despite it only being like 20 bucks. Just knowing that money was wretched away from the devs makes me so happy
>>
How long does it take to get my refund?
>>
>>388629631
>hadn't played in a year
>started playing like a week ago
>private server I've been playing on has been down since yesterday now
serious abstinence problems here
>>
File: 1413716149768.gif (2MB, 300x257px) Image search: [Google]
1413716149768.gif
2MB, 300x257px
>>388629631
MFW i got refunded.
>>
File: 1472153015931.jpg (98KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1472153015931.jpg
98KB, 409x409px
>mfw got my refund

>>388651945
Took about 2 hours for me.
>>
Is there anyone who got their request denied?
>>
>>388645705
Woo refunded.
>>
>you will never be this pro at Ark Snapping Evolved
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZFsnRTmWMI
>>
>>388653320
Or you could just install a mod that includes the diagonal pieces and build that in a fraction of the time.
>>
File: Untitled.png (34KB, 538x722px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
34KB, 538x722px
>>388650154
>>388646625
Well well well I fucking knew they would do this. They can refund to my bank perfectly fine but choose not to so I have to spend my money on Steam, they never tell you what the problem is or how to fix it. Fucking Jews.
>>
File: angrytrain.png (165KB, 487x410px) Image search: [Google]
angrytrain.png
165KB, 487x410px
>>388629631
>still horribly optimised and runs like shit
>still buggy and broken as fuck
>still takes about 5000 ingame hours to tame a single dinosaur with about one million berries
>60 dollars

the fucking nerve
>>
>>388654252
they didn't let you refund to cash becuase you played the game in EA, dolt.
>>
>>388654801
>>still horribly optimised and runs like shit
Seems to run a lot better than it did a year ago.
Hadn't played in a year and started playing recently again on the same computer and my performance was better.
>>
>>388654801
who in the fuck tames with berries? That isn't for anything above the first tier of dinos, and takes a bit over an hour.

>ayy baybee, go meat tame a giga
>ok
>>
>>388655065
better but still nowhere near the fucking triple A price they're asking
>>
>>388635957
kf2 was the exception, not the rule.
>>
>>388655231

>tfw taming lvl 120 dinos back before shit like fishing, kibble, fridges and preserving bins
>>
Anyone playing on official servers?
Or at least with standard tame rates?

I usually prefer to play games on the standard settings or hard difficulty, but I don't think I could play Ark without increased taming speeds
>>
>>388655065
Picked it up again recently to see the new free map that includes all the previous paid dlc content, and it crashes whenever I go underwater.
>>
>>388655819
and your eternal bitching made the devs update the game so now faggots who bought the game a month ago have tek shit and are level 90 because it 'took too long to level' and then they use that to offline raid wood shacks because they cant into turtle raiding
>>
Man I don't get it. Everyone seems to hate Ark but I played it and it looks fun.

Even normies on youtube are decrying it. I feel like the majority just don't get it or something.

I guess after everyone quits playing it it will be a fun little gem to play with friends.
>>
>>388656250
That's the stupidest fucking way they could have tried to solve the problem. Jesus, are the devs legitimately retarded? That reminds me of the time when they had to roll back three days of every server's progress because of a bug and the compensation was 50 percent increased breeding rate. Keep in mind the Valentine's day event just a few weeks before that had triple breed rate.
>>
>Send in Refund Request
>We wanted to approve it, but you no longer use the Card # that purchased it originally.
>Well shit I forgot I changed card #s since 2015
>Send in Refund Request for Steam Wallet instead

Fuck ARK and fuck its' "Always online" system that damn near requires you to nolife addiction-level play it to not lose everything overnight and have to spend literal fucking hours punching trees down and gathering a fuckton of berries just to start working your way back up again, only to lose it again.
>>
I've only played .8 hours but that was from a year or so ago. Should I still be able to refund?
>>
>>388656398
How long did you play it for?
>>
>>388656634
Our tribe was fucking flipping shit when all our c4 vanished out of our vaults. Apparently everyone needed to pay for the dupers sins. That, and when the servers would crash and all our flying tames would go to the ceiling and then die if we couldn't find them in time. Nothing like working your ass off for months to then have the devs just reset your progress for no reason other than 'fuck it'.

>>388656890
welcome to ark, enjoy your stay.
>>
>>388656981
You can only get a refund if you have played less than 2 hours.

The people posting screenshots are trolling, feel free to try and fail though.
>>
>>388656981
>>388657080
I'm >>388654252 and I played it for 22 hours.
>>
>>388657092
I didn't enjoy my stay but I am getting my money back.
>>
>>388656398
I think at least one part that is upset are newcomer normies who are sad that their servers are getting wiped and thought it would be like an mmo and they could keep building on their character for the next decade.
>>
>>388657149
Ignore this butthurt shill.
>>
>>388657080
I've been playing for about a year.
>>
>>388656250
wat
>>
File: 1502316756428.jpg (20KB, 445x549px) Image search: [Google]
1502316756428.jpg
20KB, 445x549px
>>388629631
>tfw I got the game as a gift from somebody desperately trying to get me to play this piece of shit
>can't refund it
>>
File: 5355367686.png (359KB, 500x437px) Image search: [Google]
5355367686.png
359KB, 500x437px
>want to play this game
>PVP servers mean you are constantly at risk of logging on to the ruins of your labor because of some marauding chinaman
>PVE servers mean running around for hours trying to find a spot without a 500 sq mile megabase owned by some offline prick

This game sucks when you want to play it with a small group of friends.

Can you still not do a private server with a whitelist?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-29-22-33-26.png (271KB, 1335x1685px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-29-22-33-26.png
271KB, 1335x1685px
Well, refund worked for me, but I only played it for about an hour
>>
>try for refund
>"cannot refund a retail purchase"
Well, damn, where the fuck did I buy it on retail? Was sure I'd nabbed it in a steam sale. Was it in a humble bundle or something? I literally can't remember.
>>
>>388657660
>Can you still not do a private server with a whitelist?
I've always played on private server with password, that not enough?
I guess passwords could leak if you only sorta trust some of the people.

With tons of randoms I would probably prefer to have a pvp server that is only up for like 6 hours three different days a week, to avoid unemployed turbo autists and shoemakers offline raiding.
>>
File: rexfeatures_1667545h.jpg (245KB, 600x460px) Image search: [Google]
rexfeatures_1667545h.jpg
245KB, 600x460px
All you have to do is use basic logic here.

Why would Wildcard studios ever go final release if they knew masses of people would be able to refund the game the moment they did.

This is a greedy asshole company that sold DLC for an early access game, you really think they would do this? You really fucking think so?

If you have even the slightest thought they would refund a game you could of put thousands of hours into, why the fuck are you reading this and asking? Go try refund right. the. fuck. now, go on you silly faggot chop chop.

The amount of mouth-breathers on /v/ that are so easy to fool saddens me.
>>
>>388629631
>got this game gifted from a girl
>we had tons of fun together
>still play it together
>>
>>388657936
the dlc was a cashgrab to fight a lawsuit about non-compete with some candy crush shitbox

not saying it was justified, but damn
>>
File: 1497713864655.jpg (33KB, 720x711px) Image search: [Google]
1497713864655.jpg
33KB, 720x711px
>>388657836
It just sucks having all that space on the island and having just your shitty little tribe, with the only alternative being the dumpsterfire that is PVP servers.

PVE with randoms sucks ass. Everything is developed and cordoned off.
>>
I tried to refund starforge, and rivals of aether once they left EA and they wouldnt let me, you guys are fucking liars
>>
>>388658097
Wait, could you elaborate?
>>
>>388645503
>Pupper
Die in a fire faggot.
>>
>>388658357

>PVE with randoms sucks ass. Everything is developed and cordoned off.
Yeah I imagined it would.
We had some brief problems on the private server I was playing on because we had more people joining and the guy who created the tribe was away for a bit, and he hadn't made others admin.
So we were like 5 people playing in the tribe, and then had a 6th person joining us and he hadn't played the game before, so one of us left the tribe and created a temporary tribe with him to help him out a bit more with shared exp and stuff.
Saw the issue of PVE later when we all joined the same tribe, since the stuff they created were still there, belonging to a tribe without members and we couldn't damage the stuff since it was pve.
Since it's a private server owned by a friend we could sort it out in maybe half an hour, but I could easily see how annoying pve griefing could be by just playing foundations and blocking people that way.
>>
>>388658725
http://www.pcgamer.com/ark-survival-evolved-lawsuit-settled/#article-comments
>>
File: alright.png (32KB, 1915x977px) Image search: [Google]
alright.png
32KB, 1915x977px
>>388658845
What sucks is when you spawn in, wake up, and see that you're inside a walled off section of a walled off section in a 500 foot tall cube that is walled off.

Half the fucking map on official PVE is just bases, most of which stretch to the goddamn horizon. The only non-settled areas are fucking dangerous or just suck to live in.
>>
>>388659278
>tfw this always happens
>move north to the snow
>almost completely uninhabited

I like to fly down south and watch the babbies run around struggling sometimes.
>>
File: header.jpg (46KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
46KB, 460x215px
Who else is waiting until 2022 for they can finally refund this piece of shit?
>>
>>388659557
>tfw owned blue spire and all of the snow biome on a day one official server
and here I sit, forgotten
>>
File: 1463452648460.png (575KB, 555x571px) Image search: [Google]
1463452648460.png
575KB, 555x571px
>>388648005
>>
File: 1463587697049.jpg (60KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1463587697049.jpg
60KB, 480x480px
WHY DO THESE FUCKING DINOS TAKE SO LONG TO TAME

I KNOW IT'S PART OF THE PVP BALANCE BUT I JUST WANT A FUCKING DINO WITHOUT HAVING TO SHOVE MEAT UP ITS ASS FOR 14 HOURS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1503613326548.png (528KB, 707x541px) Image search: [Google]
1503613326548.png
528KB, 707x541px
>Expect fun dinosaur shenanigans with buddies
>Ends up being a second job
>Everything end tier requires item upkeep even when offline
>Dinosaurs always need to be fed
>Taming them period takes hours to either make kibble or hours to babysit them with food
>People never face you honestly, people just watch your steam account to see if you're offline
>Base defenses can't handle ranged assaults and get sniped

Was so disappointed, Rust may be shit at times, but at least it doesn't take days to get shit going with buddies.
>>
File: 1462524420192.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462524420192.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>388660014
>people just watch your steam account to see if you're offline
You can make your profile private if you really think this is an issue.
>>
File: 1498165951985.jpg (16KB, 240x334px) Image search: [Google]
1498165951985.jpg
16KB, 240x334px
>>388660014
>that feeling when your heart speeds up during the login because there's the risk that some chink deleted your entire base and kills all your dinos while you slept

Why isn't there a fun animal taming game with multiplayer on the market?
>>
>>388660014
Base defense when offline is really hard in games like these it seems.

Extra hard since building in Ark is a magic on its own, so you may put down a lot of time to build a nice looking house that someone can tear down really easily when you're offline.

I think minecraft with the citadel mod and prisonpearl mod made it kinda work on the Civcraft server I played on.
Citadel made it so you could reinforce blocks, so they had to be destroyed more than once. So people couldn't just swing a pick twice to move inside your house.

Prisonpearl made it so attacking players couldn't just without fear endlessly respawn and try again if they died, since they could be trapped in a netherpearl.
>>
>>388660536
>People shooting at you
>Suddenly server kicks you because the game is shit
>Have to rush back in watching the loading screen crawl slower than a snail

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
So wait, you can't get refunds on early access games?
>>
>>388660536
You're a fucking retard if you think an animal taming game needs multiplayer.
>>
>>388661136
no, it's a myth
>>
>>388661252
I mean in a co-op sense, like Mo Creatures in Minecraft. That was the most fun I've ever had playing MC.
>>
File: 1502310569760.png (363KB, 703x675px) Image search: [Google]
1502310569760.png
363KB, 703x675px
>>388659961
Go find a nice private server with increased rates to play on. They arent as populated usually either so you can manage alpha with 4-5 guys. I feel terrible for anyone playing official PVP in 2017. You WILL NOT get anywhere alone. That being said official PVP was fun as fuck at release when it was highly populated but no huge tribes and no stone and turrets everywhere. TEK literally killed the game by letting alphas get so far ahead, back in the day you could just ladder up beside an alphas base and bow and arrow their dinos to death. never again
>>
>>388662329
how would i go about finding one?
>>
File: Ark Refund.png (19KB, 535x527px) Image search: [Google]
Ark Refund.png
19KB, 535x527px
So yeah, the refunds are happening. Had about 15hrs on record.
>>
File: prob.jpg (7KB, 210x195px) Image search: [Google]
prob.jpg
7KB, 210x195px
tfw a friend gifted the game to me
>>
File: 20170827023317_1.jpg (330KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170827023317_1.jpg
330KB, 1920x1080px
boats are silly, here I was taming 3 beavers at the same time in my boat without even having a bird picking them up
>>
>>388629631
Mine was gifted to me and if I don't play games with the guy or talk to him anymore.

Should I refund it back to him?
>>
I bought in Dec 2015 but i've only played 13 mins, could I get a refund? I can't seem to find a clear answer, half the people say yes, half say its a troll
>>
>>388664779
Why not try?
>>
>>388665736
meant for: >>388665656
>>
>>388629631

Is it good? I never buy ea games. But this looks interesting.
>>
>>388665656
Yes you can
>>
>>388665893
>I never buy ea games.
not an ea game
>>
>>388665893
Do you enjoy your character still being ingame when you log out, laying on the ground helpless, defenseless so random mobs can kill you and let your corpse and thus all your stuff you had decay before you log back in? Same with any base you build? Dinosaurs trample any shit you build.

Do you like chopping down trees and picking berries for literal hours just to tame dinos, let alone keep any dinos you tame alive by feeding them?

Do you basically want a 2nd job? Then yes, get it.
>>
File: 217.gif (26KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
217.gif
26KB, 300x100px
>>388632872
but what if I bought it with NEETbux?
>>
>>388665893
Keep in mind what he: >>388666394 says is only true in a very specific set of circumstances.
>>
>>388666647
What circumstances are those where your body isn't still available ingame when logged out? None. You can try to defend it but that requires you to be A) Advanced enough to have defenses worth shit, and B) a determined-enough nigga ain't gonna be stopped by that anyways.

Under what "circumstances" do your dinos not need to be fed? None. There's Kibble and shit now sure but it doesn't change the fact you have to spend a ton of time just on upkeep instead of actually playing. You're fooling yourself thinking it's fun, or you're the type that would enjoy EVE online or any other Spreadsheet-Simulator that 80% or more upkeep/boring shit and 5-10% tops actual fun to be had.
>>
>>388629631
Thanks kindly anon
so if I have the main game refunded, the dlc will get refunded as well?
>>
>>388667473
>None.
Why would you say something like this when you give one circumstance in the very next sentence?
Are you even self aware?
>>
>>388668515

there is no safety

no comfort

only pain
>>
File: FUCK ARK SURVIVAL EVOLVED.png (167KB, 959x685px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK ARK SURVIVAL EVOLVED.png
167KB, 959x685px
hell yeah bois
>>
>>388668909
There are pve servers, there are private servers, there is singleplayer.

As I said what you said was only true in very specific circumstances.
>>
>>388669506
why in god's name would you ever play ark and not play pvp or at least play pve to learn skills for pvp?
>>
File: vigne.png (288KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
vigne.png
288KB, 1000x1000px
>290 hours
>got my refund
It may have stolen my time, but it didn't steal my money.
>>
File: 1389798910285.jpg (11KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
1389798910285.jpg
11KB, 250x247px
>mfw the Age of Refunds is upon us

Also anyone got any good salt? I'm sure the Arkikes are mad as fuck and sperging out over this.
>>
>>388636058
>poorfag shitposters.

This has to be the laziest argument in existence.
>>
Just asked my refund, I hope I'm gonna make it, bros.

Just waiting H1Z1 release too
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/6wskgu/psa_you_can_all_refund_ark_survival_evolved_on/
Thread posts: 217
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.