[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are we witnessing the arrival of one of the best JRPGs ever made?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Are we witnessing the arrival of one of the best JRPGs ever made?
>>
Looks just like Xenoblade 1. I do hope it's really good, though since I'll probably end up buying a Switch for it.
>>
I'm glad monolithsoft is here to make really awe inspiring locales in their worlds. I really hope square can find it in themselves to return to a wonderfully fantastical world like they had in the psone era rpgs they made. Playing ffxv with it's completely bland world save a couple of long arc rock formations really bummed me out.
>>
I don't think Rex has what it takes to be as likeable and respectable as Shulk.
Shulk is one of the best protagonists around, and his flaws are very well fleshed out.
Having Reyn around to whip him into shape helped too.

I have very high hopes though, it just has an uphill battle trying to measure upto the original.
At least X's characters were so bad that anything will be an improvement from that.
>>
>>388625097
>I don't think Rex has what it takes to be as likeable and respectable as Shulk.
Shulk is literally only likeable because of his English voice actor giving him a bigger range of emotions in his voice and personality.
Shulk's Japanese voice actor makes him sound like a whiny 12 year old shonen hero and he stays like that the entire game.
>>
>>388625097
My thoughts exactly
I also tend to prefer adult characters than kids, since takahashi said he wanted to make a story for everyone i hope it won't end up looking like a B-tier anime.
>>
File: Galaxy Express 999.jpg (283KB, 1000x1159px) Image search: [Google]
Galaxy Express 999.jpg
283KB, 1000x1159px
>>388626013
Takahashi also said his biggest inspiration for XB2's story is this masterpiece.
>>
>>388624101
One of the most blatantly terrible JRPGs in human history.
>>
>>388624101
ff10 has more color and life

and im talking about the PS2 version
>>
>>388624101
Doesn't mean much since every JRPG is shit
>>
How quickly people forget XCX

>censorship
>name changes
>>
>>388624101
I'm sure it will be great, but the fact it looks exactly like Tales kusoge is extremely off-putting.
>>
>>388626013
I thought Rex was an adult. I swear Takahashi said in an interview that he only looks like a child while sounding and acting like an adult
>>
>>388626780
>Tales
I don't get that vibe. I honestly get more Chrono Trigger/Skies of Arcadia vibes. Seriously, Monolith Soft's games are a lot more smarter in most areas than whoever makes Tales games. I mean, this a company who have made RPGs that have heavy topics such as philosophy, psychology, religion, gnosticism, existentialism... The people behind Tales games I don't think are all that smart to ever concieve JRPGs of that kind.
>>
>>388626521
>name changes
The main villains name was changed in XC, get over it.
>>
>>388626521
This is being localised by NoE though

>>388627023
He did say that
>>
>>388627361
It's because even though the character looks like a young boy, the game is still smart about it. Monolith Soft's JRPG are more mature than most.
>>
>>388624101

maybe, but clearly not the best chara design...unless you're a 12yo weeb
>>
>>388627459
We've found the 12 year old.
>>
File: 1436160287690445.jpg (7KB, 195x150px) Image search: [Google]
1436160287690445.jpg
7KB, 195x150px
Without this man, JRPGs would be dead.

We love you, Taka.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.