[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Divinity Orignal Sin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2046.jpg (444KB, 1190x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2046.jpg
444KB, 1190x1500px
Just ordered this off Amazon, should be here by next week. What am I in for /v/?
>>
The story is kinda shit. The gameplay. Is good. Playing my 4th run.
>>
>>388623460
Do you like FFT?
>>
>>388623553
To be honest I care more about the world and it's history than the story anyway, Divinity seems like just the right sort of whimsical fantasy I'd enjoy.
>>
The only WRPG with a good battle system. Also, HALIBUT SHEEP'S CHEESE TOMATOS.
>>
>>388623584
Never played a Final Fanatsy game sadly. I am a fan of turn based tactical RPGs, especially since I haven't played one in a while
>>
>>388623658
Are those the best food items, an inside joke, or the highest selling items for gold grinding?
>>
>>388623460

it's shit. i really dont understand why /v/ circlejerks over it. lame / predictable combat, lame story. having 15 dialogue options seems cool at first until you realize 90% of it is uninteresting and pointless. for some reason the game also runs like shit.
>>
>>388623735
No, it's something an NPC won't fucking shut up about.
>>
>>388623460
>PS4
Why?
>>
>>388623683
Then you're fine.
>>
>>388623952
Really? I've heard it's locked at 30fps on console.
>>
>>388624542
That's what I've got, probably won't build a PC until I'm out of college and living somewhere I'll stay for longer than a year.
>>
>>388623460
Tons of options, stats, dialogues, loot and other customization which all is ultimalty pointless because the story is boring, all the writing consists of le funny reference (which is weird because the other Divinity games have quite good writing and humor) and the combat is piss easy because 80% of your builds are OP as fuck if you have any idea what you're doing.

It's one of the most overrated RPGs I've played in the past few years, only Pillars of Eternity sucked even more dick.
>>
What are the most broken/fun builds in EE?
>>
>>388624718
So you're saying I should play on a harder difficulty then?
>>
>>388624765
Play on normal, trust me.
>>
I don't see how the story could possibly be worse than Diablo 3's anyway, and I still somewhat paid attention to that.
>>
>>388623658
>The only WRPG with a good battle system.

What is Temple of Elemental Evil, Underrail, Jagged Alliance 2, Gothic, Wizardry, just to name a few you fucking underaged asshole.
>>
>>388624741
Id also like to know this
>>
>>388625123
ToEE's battle system sucks ass for many many many reasons and Wizardry took until VIII to get a great battle system.
>>
>>388625670
Absolute pleb opinion, off yourself immediately.
>>
>>388625670
>>388625825
Guys, guys. Let's get back on topic here.
>>
>>388625670
>ToEE's battle system sucks ass
that some terrible taste
>>
Playing it with a friend for the first time and we're having a blast. I'm running a wizard and he's playing a cleric. We're both using lone wolf and some fights have been pretty challenging due to not having four people but nothing we haven't been able to beat using strategy. We've encountered a couple of hard choices so far due to our characters having different moral compasses. Wish there was more armor diversity, though
>>
>Diversity
>Original Privilege 2
>>
>>388626392
Not really. ToEE has terrible encounter design, major systemic issues, and shit balance far in excess of D:OS' worst. The last two could be forgiven if the game had good encounter design, but instead you have a billion fights with empty rooms full of bugbears and a tiny fraction of interesting fights... that are dominated by spellcasters if you have even the slightest idea what you're doing. It sucks.
>>
Why would you order a hard copy if it's only 15 bucks on psn? that's how i got it the other day
>>
>>388626608

>muh sjw boogeyman

every single time
>>
>>388627092
You're right, but the "ToEE = good" meme is a big for you.
>>
>>388627092
Encounter design is not part of a battle system, idiot.
>>
>>388627615
Sure it isn't.
>>
File: 1503353535547.jpg (59KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
1503353535547.jpg
59KB, 500x456px
>>388626608
>>
>>388623460
>>388624672
>PS4
I bought the PS4 version for the same reasons, my gosh is it fucking awful. You spend most fights just trying to position yourself in the right place, while being hacked/burnt to death.

Walking through houses/stores is an absolute nightmare because of how unresponsive the controls are. Try to go through a door, and you end up stealing something.
>>
>>388628554
What's wrong with positioning your characters? All the gameplay I've seen seems to go against your word. Sounds like you're bad on the controls anon.
>>
Is there a point in using melee or should i just spam spell and elemental combo?
>>
>>388623460
6/10

I think TRPGs and exploration don't mix well, the game has too much emphasis on terrain effects and the roleplay elements are awful (your comrade will argue just about anything and you have to 'win' the discussion with rock paper scissors).
>>
>>388629964
Never got that, you can just agree with yourself and you won't have to go through rock paper scissor shit
>>
>>388629823
Melee is REALLY fucking strong if you know what you're doing. A fully buffed Flurry or whatever that Scoundrel skill is that throws like 8 knives that can all backstab will kill nearly every non-boss enemy in the game and severely wound bosses.
>>
>>388630253
Are those late game skills? Because where I am it just seem much efficient and fun yo just use poison and fire aoe
>>
>>388630482
They're the Master skills for their trees, I think, but you get them in the midgame.
>>
>>388623460
>console version
oof
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.