[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It isn't that good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 31

File: VTMB_800x600.jpg (79KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
VTMB_800x600.jpg
79KB, 800x600px
Why is this game praised so much here?
After countless posts praising it, I decided to pick it up and play all the way through, did all endings, etc.
And I can only wonder - why? It was average in all aspects. The only thing of notice is that the characters are exaggerated and it makes them stand out, which is good.
It just feels the same as with people praising Gothic - a bunch of fags jerking it to an old game and the hivemind repeating after them.
>>
>>388623448
People find the characters and the world memorable.
>>
>>388623448

Because it's a shit game no one in the real world cares about and /v/ loves that they can have something for themselves, makes anons feel like they belong to a secret club of superior beings. If it would suddenly become extremely popular they would start to shit on it.
>>
>>388623448
Atmosphere and a nostalgic late 90s/early 00s feeling to it.
>>
>>388623448

It's literally the best game I've ever played
>>
>>388623448
Characters, voice work, interesting and political-based plot, varied gameplay, lots of funny moments.
Classes offer a highly varied gameplay.
You tell me how many companies rewrote the ENTIRE main character dialogue just to add a crazy-based class.
>>
>>388624440
>Characters
They stand out, but they are simple. Apparently cab driver has the deepest lore, because he's supposed to be Caine.

>voice work
Mediocre, tbqh. Jack had the best voice work, but the rest felt only a step above Oblivion.

>interesting and political-based plot
It was okay. Wasn't boring, but nothing outstanding. The politics are essentially just "do you want to side with the suits or do you want to side with the biker-esque locals? Third option if you have yellow fever".

>varied gameplay
Kinda true. I mean, it offers things that most games do. Sneaking, melee, shooting, dialogue options, etc.

>lots of funny moments
Not a lot, but there were some. Nosferatu take the cake, though.

>Classes offer a highly varied gameplay
True. Statistics restrictions and ability variety made it worth to play different classes.
>>
>>388623448
Pretty sure that whole thing is about replayability. For each clan game plays completely different. It's not just 7 classes with different stats, shit affects fucking everything. When I started second playthrough with malkavian it's just blew my fucking mind away. It's really high quality true RPG, there is no way you can expect something like this in modern videogames, no one goes extra mile anymore, no one gives a shit.
>>
Hey, Gothic is truly great
>>
>>388623448

/v/ is filled with hipsters.

>pubg sells 50 million
>omg its a shitty game
>indie visual novel
>greatest game of all time
>>
>>388627423
VtMB
Is terrible.

But you better not be talkin' shit bout KS...
>>
>>388625773

>When I started second playthrough with malkavian it's just blew my fucking mind away. It's really high quality true RPG

This, it really puts the R into RPG and that's something you don't see outside of a handful of meme isometric cRPG games.
>>
>>388623448
Maybe it just isn't for you? Whatever happened to having a niche and smaller groups sharing interests?
Everything has to be homogenized now?
>>
>>388627541

I have no idea what the fuck "KS" is, but it sounds like faggot shit.
>>
>>388627541
I hope you die screaming
>>
>>388623448
It's a setting with vampires that isn't extremely gay or boring. Vampire clan magic is some cool shit, especially when you get to use it. Also the lore in VtM in general is some neat stuff but you don't get all of it from Bloodlines unfortunately.
>>
Finished my first playthrough last night as Ventrue. Game was pretty good. Amazing atmosphere. However, the buggyness and jankyness in the later half took me right out of it. The part near the end where you find Nines at the top of the hill. That sideways running animation. Someone post a gif or webm of that. I couldn't stop laughing
>>
>>388623448
Go back to call of assfaggots, kid.
>>
>>388623448
Soul Reaver is better.
>>
Never played Bloodlines, but Gothic really has always been overrated as fuck.
>>
>>388630457
>omg u dont liek my game so u must like the bad games
>>
>>388625098
Sounds like you didn't pay attention to the dialogue.
>>
File: 1502994133838.png (23KB, 167x164px) Image search: [Google]
1502994133838.png
23KB, 167x164px
>>388630790
Do you think posting like that is somehow funny or that's it's biting criticism? Because it's not.
>>
>>388631592
I think it's the kind of response your post deserves.
>>
>>388632170
That wasn't my post guy
>inb4 samefag
Just don't.
>>
>>388632634
Who cares? Replace the "your post" with "that post", then.
>>
I think I stopped like halfway through hollywood. I kept hearing how bad the later parts were and kinda just stopped playing. Had a great time with the rest though. The first zone and the big city after it were great.
>>
>>388623448
Because people who has never watched good movies or read a good book get's impressed by subpar videogame writting and characters, pretty much the kind of sperg who praises New Vegas and other Obsidrone trash.
>>
Its not a good "game" as much as it has a fantastic atmosphere and had a lot of potential. I still like it, its one of my favorite games, but not a good game.
>>
File: 1449183094165.png (115KB, 226x393px) Image search: [Google]
1449183094165.png
115KB, 226x393px
>>388632963
Responding to a bad post with an equally cancerous post is just a dogshit mentality. You're just doubling the cancer. If you can't respond with a succinct post then just don't respond. I can't believe I have to explain something this simple.
>>
>>388633295
You don't have to. I'd actually prefer it if you didn't.
>>
>>388633420
Too late I already explained it. Your welcome newfriend.
>>
I really just like the setting the most. An underground order of vampires in modern day LA. It beats the shit out of any fantasy vampires (skyrim comes to mind).

Also because I just love vampires and for a while I felt ashamed because they became cringey as fuck in the late 00s with twilight and true blood. Then I discovered this game and it rekindled my love for the best "classic" monster.
>>
>>388623448
It's one of the best RPGs ever made. It's not even up for discussion, the game's design by itself renders it so. Keep in mind that every aspect is praised in relation to other games, it's always a comparison. If you call something bad you have to explain its relation to something that is better.

You can call it many things, but it's not "average" in anything it does. Everything stands out in some way. The characters, like you said, the level design (e.g. Ocean House hotel), the soundtrack, the wit of the dialogue, and most of all the roleplaying potential offered by putting different stats, having different clans, different humanity, gender etc. The latter is the biggest reason it is praised, along with the writing that accommodates this roleplaying aspect.

I guess the only "average" thing about it is the combat, which is often called out, so that's the only point you can make.

I played this game recently, so there's no nostalgia from my part before someone argues that.
>>
>>388634551
>the game's design by itself renders it so
What does that even mean?
>>
>>388623448
>plays through ALL endings
>average
>>
>>388634891
There are some things that are inherent to people's perception of what a good RPG is, namely, roleplaying potential. Technically speaking nothing can "objectively" be considered a good trait in a game, because everyone perceives a game subjectively, but people that are attracted to RPGs tend to appreciate certain design choices. And this game serves them to a larger extent than other RPGs, therefore by design is considered a masterful RPG (by RPG fans). In that sense. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.
>>
the world and characters are excellent
plus the soundtrack is the best of any video game soundtrack i've ever heard.
>>
>>388623448
Fuck. Goddammit, Anon, now I've got to go re-install this fucking game AGAIN.
>>
>>388635207
That actually made it clearer, cheers.
>>
File: Vampire 2017-08-28 20-26-08-37.jpg (213KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Vampire 2017-08-28 20-26-08-37.jpg
213KB, 1920x1080px
I completed it yesterday for the first time ever.
The positives:
>exploring gets you quests
>a decent amount of choice how you want to shape the strengths of your character
>choices that matter
>good dialogue
>good characters
>good variety of weapons
>blood as a game element
>details (emails, notes)
>cool areas and nice sceneries
>stealth elements
>lovely, naughty and sexy female npc's
negatives
>at often empty rooms
>hard bugs despite patches
>the combat
>lack of appearance customization (did not mind it very much)
>at least 2 areas with unnecessarily overloaded enemies
that's all I can think of as of right now. In general I rate it as a very good game, 4,5* in the category rpg
>>
>>388623448
Underage fags, fuck off
>>
File: 9kfK0Cyjuw0.jpg (116KB, 853x1080px) Image search: [Google]
9kfK0Cyjuw0.jpg
116KB, 853x1080px
Ugh...
>>
I just wish the MMO didn't die, it could've been a breath of fresh air for once.
>>
It fills a very specific niche that a certain demographic believes is very undersaturated; I believe you would be sufficiently hard pressed to come up with a lengthy list composed of such games, especially ones that are decent.

I think it's easy to persuade yourself into believing that there are hundreds of dozens of games out there that have a similar experience, but the truth is that there is a very limited scope of what's actually out there. When people like >>388633081 mention 'babby's first story', they fail to take into account that there's not much in the field of 'games that have a competent story and gameplay'. In the eyes of the aforementioned demographic, this would mean that just by virtue of something being the best the field has to offer, they will compare it to other things in that field rather than criticizing it, because the point is to encourage more things like it.
>>
>>388636061
Wait, I think >>388634551 explained it way better.
>>
>>388623448
Go back to watching Nolan movies, faggot.
>>
>>388623448
It's just trolling. This game, much like STALKER, and, as you mentioned, Gothic, is objectively bad, and they are trying to see how many gullible idiots they can get to play this garbage and waste their time or pretend that they like this piece of shit just to fit in. Bonus points if they spend money on these games.
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>388636639
>>
>>388636284
It's good that you explained it as well, because people fail to see the differences sometimes. They call things "bad" without understanding that bad is by default comparative.

And it's also important to draw the line as you did between different mediums of entertainment. Comparing a book's writing with a game's writing might justify calling a game's writing bad, but it fails to take into account all the different mediums that are utilised in a video game. Moving picture, sound, and most importantly interaction are the main reasons video games have become so popular and we are here discussing them. It's simply a richer experience for the human senses. A book HAS to rely on its writing to be enticing, but game developers work in large teams because they have to put a lot of effort in many areas of design. Which is why when a game has competent writing along with everything else it is hailed as a "must-experience" activity.
>>
File: 1217445793019.jpg (312KB, 600x926px) Image search: [Google]
1217445793019.jpg
312KB, 600x926px
>>388635720
I think one of the major negatives for me was the sudden drop in quality in the last 3rd. Its clear that major parts of the game were cut or simply not made because of the time restraints.

Thus the game becomes way more combat oriented making a character who prioritised social skills fucked. Though its clear a lot of the XP awarded in quests was increased so you can spend points on combat.
>>
>>388637382
I don't get this, there was a lot of compulsory combat from the main quests to the side quests in the early game as well. Did you forget about the blood guardian in the galley quest? Or the warehouse shoot-fest? Or the cathayan? Or Gimble? My complaint about the late game goes mostly to the lack of variety in the quests, I'm talking about the last stretch of quests (Leopold, Sabbat, and the final missions). The game always had forced combat, it just mixed it up with diverse side quests so it was always interesting. Not to mention that NPCs do warn you to put points into combat and like you said the game showers you with XP before the combat stretch.

Also I'd like to clarify something, you said the last 3rd of the game? It would depend on how you divide the game into parts, but what parts do you consider to be of lower quality? I think everything after the Giovanni mansion is lacking for example. But that's not even close to 1/3 of the game. 1/3 would have to include all of Chinatown and like half of Hollywood. Did you really not like these parts?
>>
>>388637916
not that guy, but sewers were the worst for me, but i think we can all agree on that the sewer level was way too long.
>>
>>388623678
t.faggot
>>
>>388638028
To be honest, the sewers didn't bother me as much as other people, although I guess they could've done away with the fourth sewer level. I liked the atmosphere of the sewers with all the monstrosities hiding in the pipes and behind every corner. The deeper you went, the more hellish it got. And there was some build up wit the left-behind diaries and ledgers. Ming xiao's temple was 100 times more unpleasant and dull than the sewers for me, and I consider it the worst part of the game.

But I'll give you that I guess, let's say the sewers were the worst and sucked balls. That's like the final mission and a tiny part of the Hollywood quests, but let's say it's half. Did the guy I quoted also dislike all of Chinatown? That's what I want to understand.
>>
>>388638203
baka desu senpai
>>
>>388637916
I think the combat sections were much more far apart at the start of the game, whereas at the end it seems one after another. I guess the game just needed something to break up the main quests at the end. But then again you also need the escalation to build up towards the end.

You're right 3rd is wrong, I think from Chinatown on wards it feels rushed, maybe the Giovanni mission is the start of the decline, or at least the Fu syndicate.
>>
>>388635720
>hard bugs despite patches
This is really interesting. I played trough the game 3 times. First time I played without patches and I had literaly no bugs at all. Second time I experienced one.
On my recent playthrough I decided to install the unofficial patch and I had so many bugs that I had to use the console to get to the end.
>>
>>388638617
Yeah the patches fix some things but then break a whole bunch more.
>>
>>388638501
Fair enough, some quests in Chinatown (mostly the main quests) do feel rushed, although I greatly enjoyed the side quests.

Just to be clear, I don't consider the Giovanni mansion to be part of the decline. I think it's one of the good examples of level design that allows you to complete it in many ways. If you're observant you can open secret hallways and proceed. You can also stealth through everything, or talk your way into the lower levels. Or you can just go all out and kill everything that moves. It's great. The lower levels DO drag on a bit too long with the zombies however.
>>
>>388638617
1. Giovanni Stronghold bug where Nadia Milliner would stop talking to me
2. The camera guy from the downtown area quest. I would speak to him in his apartment and the game would soft lock.
And perhaps some dialogue bugs. I never played VTM Bloodlines without a patch.
>>
>>388638617
Well, to give you an example, I and many others couldn't even start the game without installing the unofficial patch, it gave an error everytime you opened the exe and crashed. Other people never had this problem. Some people reported not being able to finish the game due to gamebreaking bugs in the final quests, fixed by UP, although I never played that far unpatched.

Many bugs are random to appear. For me personally, I don't really experience any bugs with the UP, it fixed wonky stair movement and animations, and also some persistent bugs like the Skyeline apartment one. Not to mention I can't start the game without it.
>>
>>388638829
I think also knowing that there was going to be a split in the narrative where you could join one of the factions including the Sabbat makes it more clear that the game was unfinished.

But yeah people always say the sewers were hard to get through but having to do the Leopold, Sabbat, keu jin and the tower one after the other is a huge slog. But then thats probably just from my personal experience and the way I played it, since I streamed the last part all in one night.
>>
>>388638424
yeah chinatown is a weird place to dislike, its pretty great in my opinion, plus the soundtrack there is great.
>>
>>388639202
Yeah the combat slog was the worst, I can't blame you for doing it all at once. There's very little remarkable about those quests. Off the top of my head, there's some vampire lore book you can give to beckett if you explore leopold, and the diary of Bach to give to LaCroix as a gift afterwards. In the Sabbat hotel, there's only the ghoul scene if you hadn't sent Heather away, nothing else. This was supposed to be the point where you could join the Sabbat in the cut storyline, going by Wesp's restorations. And then as a Sabbat member you would probably destroy Lacroix and Ming Xiao. The last two levels have nothing to discuss really.

That said, the Griffith park quest was amazing, I was mistaken to call the whole last stretch bad, I often forget that quest and choose not to associate it with the slog.
>>
>>388639821
Oh yeah the giffith park section is great, I forgot it comes in the middle of all of those quests. Thinking about it now it really helps to break up that last few missions.

Especially since you can't really fight the werewolf and have to think about other ways to beat it.

>>388623448
Also another reason it gets praised here is because its one of the few games on /v/ that you can actually discuss with some cordiality.
>>
sewer level is the only level i really disliked in the game, especially when it started to drag on for quite a bit, rest of the game is fucking amazing though.
>>
>>388627541
KS is utter garbage, anon
>>
>>388637382
>multiple characters throughout the game tell you not to neglect your combat stats
>dump everything into social shit
Sorry about your brain problems dude.
>>
>>388636020
Yeah it was the first time I was actually excited for an MMO in over 10 years. Seems like the game was just entirely mismanaged from top to bottom though. Sad.
>>
If you think the combat is bad, it's really that you just suck at it. The combat is actually very comprehensive and follows a strict set of rules based on the pen and paper guidelines. So often people don't realize you can spam disciplines, use disciplines as you use other combat skills, decide they're only going to use the level3+ disciplines when they're all viable, or they just want to feed on everything. People assume they can just tank all combat, or just punching something would be enough to take out another vampire.

There are also situations that arise in VTM where you are forced to fight. You simply aren't able to talk yourself out of the situation. The game creates this situation multiple times depending on what you do. You're warned multiple times not to neglect combat, right from the beginning tutorial with Jack.
>>
>>388641780
>You're warned multiple times not to neglect combat, right from the beginning tutorial with Jack.
This is true. I don't have any problem with the melee combat, as I think it's pretty fun when combined with disciplines and managing your blood pool, but I think they never intended for the final 4 or 5 levels of the game to be entirely combat.

If I remember correctly there's a persuasion dialogue option when you confront the Chang brothers, but it doesn't actually do anything. It seems like they were maybe planning on either a dialogue option to get out of the fight, or to flesh out siding with the Kuei-jin but never got around to it.
>>
>>388642131
The last parts of the game are understandably rushed because of Activision forcing Troika to drop the game the same day as HL2. They were already far over budget by the time Chinatown and the endings were being finalized, so they decided to go for the werewolf into taxi-cab decisions to help speed everything along. This is why it seems like one fight after another, because that's the easiest system to continue to replicate that doesn't involve creating puzzles and such.
>>
>>388640629
tbf the perfect RPG would let you talk your way out of 90% of your encounters
>>
>>388642461
That's really too bad. If they had just waited a bit for the HL2 hype to die down while they kept working and fixing the game up more I think it would've been a huge success. After people finished with HL2 they probably would've bought VtMB just because it also used the Source engine, not to mention being an RPG instead of an FPS.
>>
>>388643049
Depends on the setting. I don't think that would really feel appropriate in the World of Darkness.
>>
>>388643049
If VTMB was more like Arcanum you would be able to do that, just rely on your team mates for combat sections, actually this is a legitimate criticism, a big theme in vampire is using other people to do stuff for you but the player character has no way of doing that.
>>
i actually played this game before i was on /v/ and i always liked it for its dark gritty environment, out of all the vampire games even other media i find this game to hold a fresh realistic twist, when you are in the middle of the dirty town or rummaging through someones computer it really has unique game feel,
if you failed to take any of that in as you played it im sorry, (u) missed out
>>
>>388643736
'cause the PC is the one being used to do stuff.
>>
>>388644237
I know, Lacroix is also being used by someone higher up, vampire society is a sort of feudalism where vassals swear fealty through blondbonding, there's alway someone above you but there's always a sucker below that you can use for your own ends.
>>
>>388644237
Yeah that's the main thing that Jack and Nines keep bringing up to you, about everyone using you, but you can also manipulate people in a few quests to help you complete your objectives with high enough social skills.

You also have to remember that you're a low rank fledgling and the game is supposed to play out in less than a week. They want you to feel like the one being manipulated.
>>
>>388638457
This.
>>
File: DtcvdlaGPJg.jpg (198KB, 1280x879px) Image search: [Google]
DtcvdlaGPJg.jpg
198KB, 1280x879px
Did Sabbath chased you in here?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-PEoU0FjzE

Thread music
>>
Pisha best girl
>>
>>388645408
No, YOUR ASS DID
>>
>>388645812
Genitorturers album after the one that had Lecher Bitch is pretty good too.

https://youtu.be/EBiUYHAc3fY
https://youtu.be/zQsvEh_HSEE
>>
>>388646045
>cum junkie
Phahaha.
>>
>>388646235
Lol yeah that was basically my reaction when looking up more songs of theirs, but it's actually really good.

This song is fitting for a VtMB thread too:
https://youtu.be/fclAXOVOWQY
>>
File: tmp_10370-Screen3.JPG1020433709.jpg (204KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10370-Screen3.JPG1020433709.jpg
204KB, 1024x768px
>>388623448
Redemtion was better
>>
File: ZYo0cTqF7sY.jpg (246KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
ZYo0cTqF7sY.jpg
246KB, 1280x853px
>>388646524
And then there's this guy! Absolutely not
>>
Is the Antitribu mod worth playing?
>>
>>388646524
The time jump is fun but the gameplay is just too old and clunky for me, sometimes I was even struggling with the camera as I couldn't even see what was happening or what I was clicking.
>>
>>388645408
give autistic commie gf
>>
>>388645408
>>388646917
>tfw no femgrel cosplay
>>
>>388646926
if you like playing around with some good new disciplines then yeah, if you're looking for good new quests and plot content then absolutely not
>>
>>388646970
What's "autistic" about her?
>>
File: V.jpg (262KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
V.jpg
262KB, 1280x850px
>Played Ventrue,Gangrel and Tremer
>Ventrue-Exceptional combat skills,good shooting skills and ok social skills
>Gangrel-Exceptional Combat skills,ok shooting skills,shit social skills
>Tremer-Ok combat skills,exceptional shooting skills,good social skills
I didn't had any problem in any part of the game and the only boss I had difficulty was Xiao.
Funny how I played this game three times,and each time I found something new each time(like Giovanni boss fught and the Kuei Jin in Santa Monica).

DESTINY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAbYQaymuJ4
>>
>>388646926
Most of the mods are worth trying at least once because they do some things well. Some of the new disciplines are fun. I've played them all and they're mostly okay, made me appreciate the vanilla game more though because they usually have an amateurish feel sometimes.
>>
>>388646926
Do you want harder combat longer sewer section with new "puzzles" and badly modeled stuff? If so, then go for it.
The new clans are great though, maybe even better than the Vanilla ones.
>>
File: Vampire masquerade guide.jpg (3MB, 1680x3175px) Image search: [Google]
Vampire masquerade guide.jpg
3MB, 1680x3175px
>>388623448
Are we doing this?
>>
>>388647140
>and the only boss I had difficulty was Xiao.
Yeah that's pretty normal, she has an absurd amount of HP.

I think I played the game 3 or 4 times before I found and completed all the side quests and optional things too.

IF I GO WILL YOU FOLLOW
https://youtu.be/llm0N7nA3kA
>>
>>388623448
most video games are shit, so if something is good it's amazing
>>
>>388647598
>Yeah that's pretty normal
I think being a CQC fighter will make this boss way harder,my Tremer easily killed her with his shoting skills and Thaumaturgy.But he got some problems when ganged up(Johnny's club gave me some troubles).

ISOLATED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y33hGaEgW7U
>>
>>388623448
There's no other rpg out there particularly like it, quests were good and the areas were reasonably well detailed.
Had a great atmosphere and soundtrack and was generally pretty far ahead of its time in most respects.
It's just a shame the devs had to rush it and didn't get a chance to finish it properly
>>
File: sweet.png (120KB, 286x355px) Image search: [Google]
sweet.png
120KB, 286x355px
>>388647942
Yeah she also has a lot of knockback on her attacks, melee gets pretty weak near the end of the game and firearms get to be a bit OP.

>tfw chiasm says a new album is coming out soon

>>388648049
>soundtrack and was generally pretty far ahead of its time in most respects
Definitely, the in-game music is great but I started listening to most of the bands that were featured in the game a lot too. I always felt disappointed when I played a mod and the music was changed.
>>
when are we going to hear more about that obsidian game that was teased
>>
>>388647591
Toreador Chads unite!
>>
>>388648643
>when are we going to hear more about that obsidian game that was teased
Never. Obsidian is shit and nothing was teased. What we do have is a werewolf game being made by frogs.
>>
>>388648349
The sherrif was easy once you find a good way to counter him,but Xiao? I ttook me at least 7 tries to find out a weakness in her movimentation and use it to kill her(get behind her and shot her).

> melee gets pretty weak near the end of the game and firearms get to be a bit OP.
Agreed,once you have 10 of firearms,you can bust everyone with guns without knocks of the guns,is insane how OP it is.

>tfw chiasm says a new album is coming out soon
Is she Jeanette?

>I think I played the game 3 or 4 times before I found and completed all the side quests and optional things too.
I looking foward to play as a Malkavian and as a Nosferatu,but I will save the best for last.

>>388648758
> What we do have is a werewolf game being made by frogs.
I really hope it turns out to be good.
>>
>>388648758
>What we do have is a werewolf game being made by frogs.
I hope it's good. The werewolf side is just as interesting as the vampire side. I want to see the Black Spiral Dancers in the game, to take the role the Sabbat did in VtMB.
>>
>>388649265
>Is she Jeanette?
Kind of looks like her I guess, but no, she's the one who made the song Isolated. Most of her other music is really good too.

Malkavian and Nosferatu are a lot of fun. All the new dialogue makes it interesting to interact with the NPCs again, and obfuscate is pretty fun. I usually don't like playing as a stealth character but I did with Malk/Nos using obfuscate.
>>
File: 1456430549239.jpg (519KB, 1300x806px) Image search: [Google]
1456430549239.jpg
519KB, 1300x806px
>no isometric party based vampire game
>>
Shitty combat outside, the game had great writing, wonderful atmosphere that fit quite well with the overall story, a variety of interesting characters, amazing voice acting and character animations that would shame most games even today and all that followed by real good OST!
>>
>>388649772
underage b&
>>
>>388649889
>isometric
no thanks.
>>
>>388648683
hell yeah my man, we toreadors must stick together!
>>
>>388649881
Maybe the devs used he as a character model for Jeanette(there is even a image of her dressed like Jeanette).

I heard that playing as a Malkavian is the highlight of the game,the fact that they are crazy makes the game feels like a new,and Nosferatu is the "hard mode" of the game.Looking fowar to play with them.

>>388649889
Nah,better to keep it as a TPS/FPS RPG.
>>
File: 1456430310367.jpg (518KB, 1300x806px) Image search: [Google]
1456430310367.jpg
518KB, 1300x806px
>>388650157
fag
>>
>>388650639
why would you want intentional shitty gameplay.
>>
File: 1456430409517.jpg (706KB, 1400x868px) Image search: [Google]
1456430409517.jpg
706KB, 1400x868px
>>388650157
>>388650621
>/v/ fell for teh FPRPG meme
Are there no heroes left in men?
>>
>>388649889
>>388650639
Where are these from?
>>
>>388650841
>>388650639
>>388649889
looks nice
>>
>>388650841
what game is this?
>>
if people seriously think this has gameplay variety you're deluding yourself
60% of the game are typical forced combat FPS missions, and the other 40% where you can roam hubs and do quests, the skill system is really simple and there's much less options than even other rpg hybrids
>>
File: e1i3ISvKuec.jpg (127KB, 1280x916px) Image search: [Google]
e1i3ISvKuec.jpg
127KB, 1280x916px
>>388650259
>stick together
>>
>>388650841
never in my life have i played a good isometric, if you got any recommendations please do say so
>>
>>388650621
>Maybe the devs used he as a character model for Jeanette(there is even a image of her dressed like Jeanette).
Possibly. In a few pics on her site she does have similar clothes and hair. The devs really liked their music and it shows.

I like trying to decipher the dialogue lines when playing as Malk, it makes it so you don't want to just skip through it. I wouldn't say Nosferatu is hard mode, you can still walk around on the streets and interact with more NPCs, you just have to use the sewers instead of the taxi to travel.
>>
>>388650804
But the actual gameplay in VTM outisde of dialogue is absolutely shit, isometic party based could potentially give us better combat and with a good engine you don't need to be restricted to 2D like in the past.

>>388650842
>>388651003
It isn't a game AFAIK.
>>
>>388651003
probably just concept art, couldn't find anything on Google
>>
File: 70c1169041845.56014f88c2b33.jpg (293KB, 1500x1042px) Image search: [Google]
70c1169041845.56014f88c2b33.jpg
293KB, 1500x1042px
>>388651078
Why is VV so perfect!
>>
I've done one playthrough with a melee Brujah.

What clan would you recommend for a non-melee playthrough?
>>
>>388651158
fair point, although personally i liked how it played, but the combat could use a makeover
>>
>>388651482
Toreador or Tremere.
>>
File: Vampire 2017-08-27 19-50-48-55.jpg (181KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Vampire 2017-08-27 19-50-48-55.jpg
181KB, 1920x1080px
>>388651415
>>
>>388651482
Nosferatu, sneak that shit nigga.
>>
>>388651716
VV is my favourite VtMB girl but her poems are godawful.
>>
File: man-experiencing-a-heart-attack.jpg (67KB, 1100x734px) Image search: [Google]
man-experiencing-a-heart-attack.jpg
67KB, 1100x734px
>>388651716
God she is just so cute!
by the way, is there an option to keep the haven in santa monica?
after the prince gave me the haven downtown the santa monica haven was cleared out when i returned which made me quite sad.
>>
>>388650841
Not saying this type of camera isn't good,is that I don't get the feel of exploration/imersion from a isometric perspective that the FP/TP camera gives to the player to the RPG genere.
But who knows? Maybe the could make like "Fallout" our "Toumented"(is that the name?).

>>388651116
Shame we will never know.

>I like trying to decipher the dialogue lines when playing as Malk, it makes it so you don't want to just skip through it.
That's what one of the points,they said is quite unespected when a character talks in a hostile way to you because the Malk dialoge option is almost a riddle.

>you just have to use the sewers instead of the taxi to travel.
Wait,the sewers are also fast travels? So that's why those "tunnels" was blocked to me.
>>
Does anyone know a real life radio that is like Deb of Night? i've been listening to late night with Ian Lee, but i really want a little more spice.
>>
>>388651941
If you're rude to LaCroix he won't give you the downtown haven, or if you at least don't suck up to him too much. You can't have both at the same time though.
>>
File: gfs_37388_2_22.jpg (96KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_37388_2_22.jpg
96KB, 960x720px
>>388651415
How can you trust her? Everything she says and does reeks of leading you on.
>>
>>388651993
Yeah I remember when I first played Malk, I was trying to be nice to Nines but he got really hostile and basically told me to fuck off. I think I accidentally called him a clown or something like that.

When you meet Tung as a Nosferatu, he gives you a map to navigate the sewers. There are a couple locations in the sewers where you pull up a map and it lets you choose where you want to go. Some tunnels in the sewer still have grates over them, I think that's just to fill out the level a bit, you don't use those.
>>
File: Lacroixs vampire soda.png (93KB, 1200x606px) Image search: [Google]
Lacroixs vampire soda.png
93KB, 1200x606px
>>388652084
Its difficult not to be total bros with a guy who did nothing wrong, but i ought to do an anarch run at some point.
>>
>>388652180
because shes genuinely a kind and caring person, the way she even talks about the mortal scriptwriter makes it evident she wants no harm done to anyone she cares about, and if she just led you on she would not have continued keeping in contact with you.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AcfyuoyOkg

Gomez was right.
>>
>>388646524
TO THE ABYSS WITH THEE

The Adventures of Pissed-Off Christof
>>
>>388652549
most of it was only play pretend until she got what she needed and then ran away
>>
>>388652324
Oh damn,need to be carefull with the dialoge option when playing as a Malk.

The only thing I wate about the Nosferatus is their "armor",jeez how ugly those things are,they are supposed to bland as much as possible but instead they look like they are going to do some porn,I wish we could have more options of clouths and armors.

>>388652371
>LaCroix
>Bro
>Nothing wrong
Anon,I have some sad news.
>>
>>388623448
I am the first to admit that VTMB has flaws but it is carried by its unique setting. Shitting on Gothic on the other hands means you are a dirty philistine and you should consider senpuku.
>>
>>388652549
nigger she is a Toreador, all she does is manipulate (former)people into doing shit for her, and guess what, you got played son!
>>
>>388646524
how linear is the story? just started playing it and aren't that into it, but will stick to it because I need more vampire related shit.
>>
>>388652371
>gets off on killing a bunch of people but gets away with it because it's technically the law
>tries to get you killed multiple times
>when he thinks he has the sarcophagus and the power inside he says "the city is mine and no one can stop me now!"
Sounds like you need a higher willpower to resist his persuasion/domination, kindred.
>>
>>388652681
His DNA recycling theory does make sense, only yesterday i got a notice from the government to notify that the neighborhood hasnt used enough of the environmentally friendly plastic bags, one bag for plastic only, another one for food. Creepy stuff
>>
>>388652831
how does her sending you emails long after you complete her quest make her run away, who takes their time to dedicate a poem for you if they just used you?
>>
>>388653001
Camarilla rule is the best decision and LaCroix can see it through. Maybe he'll turn into a Napoleon type figure, that would be nice.
>>
>>388653117
How can you be so sure those same exact poems weren't re used and that she didn't manipulate you like she did with others before you who where naive enough to fall for her "I love you baby" bullshit? She was too weak to do the job herself and used her looks to sway you to do it, instead. Not a difficult concept to comprehend.
>>
>>388652952
you have plenty of paths Anon, dont you worry.
>>
>>388653630
nice
>>
>>388653591
now it sounds to me you have a weird grudge against Toreadors, what about the Baron? dont you like him? he too is a Toreador.
the best place to place your mistrust is with the Tremere.
>>
>>388625098
So you agree with evrything but your judgment is still worse than his ?

Why even make this thread ?
That game isn't for you underaged fags to enjoy. Go play some generic shooter kid and shut up.
>>
>>388653783
Wait, wasn't my gal a ventrue?
>>
>>388627423
I doubt any hipster is hating on pubg you shitlord
>>
>>388653294
If you said with LaCroix and bring him the key, he says "even the Camarilla can't stop me" or something like that. He doesn't care about the Camarilla. He just wants power. Strauss is decent, he says that the beast took over LaCroix and instead of rampaging physically like the PC does, he tries to get the sarcophagus at any cost to an obsessive degree. Independent is the best ending, Camarilla with Strauss is second best.
>>
>>388653951
VV and the Baron are Toreador.
>>
>>388654079
hmm guess i'll get those endings then, thanks anon, perhaps you opened my eyes.
>>
>>388627541
KS is a VN and not a game, pretty well made for a VN though and better than most
>>
File: 1476580923751.png (53KB, 211x192px) Image search: [Google]
1476580923751.png
53KB, 211x192px
>>388646524
Why does Erik have the best facial expressions?
>>
>>388654684
is redemption any good?
>>
please do anyone have any real life radio equivalent of Deb of Night!?
>>
>>388655468
Coterie AI is retarded but other than that it's fine.
There's a mod which claims to fix the retarded AI but I haven't tried it and can not vouch for it.
>>
>>388655594
hmm alright anon, thanks.
>>
>>388655582
I don't think you'll find anything as entertaining. It's like the Chatterbox radio station from GTA 3. You can probably find similar radio hosts but all the silly guests and callers are what keeps it funny and interesting. Real shows probably get stuff like that sometimes but not regularly.
>>
File: vtmb.png (2MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
vtmb.png
2MB, 1280x1024px
because the game's characters and dialogue is interesting. the shitty combat doesn't bother me at all when i get to experience the sort of people that inhabit this world
>>
>>388656089
i listened a bit to "the late night alternative with Ian Lee" two days ago and he got quite a bit of interesting caller, one was quite the Bible lover, another one claimed that Ghost chickens haunted his house because he could feel plucking at his feet and sometimes see them if he turned fast enough. I hope it keeps up because it reminded me a bit of Deb of Night.
>>
might as well listen to this while you shitpost lads https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AcfyuoyOkg
>>
>>388656146
this anon speaks the truth!
>>
>mfw this game has better facial animations than AAA games have today
Not to mention the voice acting is top-tier and the music is very fitting. Also the setting is great.
>>
>>388656146
I noticed the wooden boards on the floor and didn't think too much of them, but then someone pointed out that they're there to cover up the windows during the day. It's not mindblowing but I like that attention to detail.
>>
>>388656619
there is something really good about early 2000s games, many have proper quality to them unlike 99% of the shit that comes out today. Arx Fatalis is another great example of an early 2000s game, they just dont make em like they used to.
>>
>>388656713
shit that is fucking neat!
>>
>>388656373
Post the site, not a youtube video:
>http://debofnight.andcuriouser.com/
>>
>>388657218
oh fuck anon, i never knew of this site. Thanks!
>>
Bloodlines threads are always so great when they pop up
>>
>>388657964
Yeah they're always great when they actually take off. One of the few good threads on /v/. Even a hate thread turned into good discussion about the game.
>>
>>388658080
shows just how fantastic the community and game is.
>>
>>388657218
the rain and thunder sounds are too loud
>>
>>388658581
Just like real life!
>>
>>388623448
For it's time it was incredible good but you are right it aged like shit.
>>
>>388657964
They're mainly what I look for when I'm going through the catalog now. It's a whole different /v/ in these threads.
>>
>>388658935
I don't think so. There are games coming out today that have worse gameplay and dialogue systems, worse facial animations, less believable characters, etc. It still holds up and is better than a lot of newer stuff.
>>
>>388658948
It really is.
>>
>>388658935
You kidding? I'd have trouble naming an RPG that even comes close to VTMB post-2004. Maybe the witcher series, maybe.
>>
>>388658935
Literally no other RPG game comes close to it and it looks really good even today.
>>
It's a cult classic. This game was one of the first made with Valves Source engine after Half Life 2. At the time, it filled a void, and it's system requirements weren't high at all. As far as games go, it's pretty unique. The lore is on point. In the 90s there was an underground vampire scene, basically a bunch of faggots who actually believed they were vampires and lived and acted like they were. Everything they believed is portrayed in the game. It's an RPG game where their world is actually real and you assume the role of a vampire. The atmosphere of the game was done well, and the soundtrack compliments it well. The combat isn't fantastic, but it really isn't that much worse than Witcher 2.
>>
>>388660342
does this underground vampire scene have a name? would love to read about that, sounds fascinating!
>>
File: terraria.png (206KB, 668x505px) Image search: [Google]
terraria.png
206KB, 668x505px
>>388651083
Arcanum (CRPG), Landstalker (action/adventure). Wakfu ()MMO, final fantasy tactics series and Tactics Ogre (TB tactics), Original XCOM and Jagged Alliance 2 (western TB tactics) etc.
>>
>>388661153
awesome, thanks. Will check them out.
>>
File: Damsel (3).webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Damsel (3).webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>388645408
>anarch
>wants communism back

Is she stupid?
Those are two opposites, you can only pick one.
>>
>>388661905
>Is she stupid?
She's a good commie.
>>
>>388661905
>Those are two opposites, you can only pick one.
But they aren't opposites, both of them want more or less the same thing, a classless society without a state. It's just the way of getting there that is different. Have you ever read any anarchists? Shit Bakunin or Kropotkin?
>>
>>388661905
To be fair, she didn't say anything about marxism-leninism, she just said communism. The USSR was authoritarian as fuck and in no way resembled what Marx had envisioned in his communist society.

The reason she's retarded is that she believes an equal classless society can exist with vampires, a species within which seniority determines power and the ability to force everyone to do the elder's bidding.
>>
>>388662121
Anarchy means absolute zero goverment meddling.
Communism means everything is heavily goverment regulated, even the economy.
>>
>>388662317
>The USSR was authoritarian as fuck and in no way resembled what Marx
Found the guy who didn't read the communist manifesto, statization of the economy was a necessary step beore gommunism.
>>
>>388662362
>Communism means everything is heavily goverment regulated, even the economy.
That's the inbetween step before the age of utopia brought by gommunism.
>>
>>388662515
>beore
So you agree then that the USSR was in no way communist? Leaders wanting to establish communism at some point =/= communist society now. Anyway this is kinda off topi.
>>
>>388662362
But that's wrong anon. While some forms of socialism might take that form, no definition of communism comes even close to that, and even on those socialists countries their stated goal was a stateless classless society.
Have you even read any anarchist or any communist for that matter?
>>
>>388645408
>>388636002
>>388646917

Where are you getting this cosplay from?
>>
>>388662693
>in no way resembled what Marx had envisioned
In their minds they were getting there, it's dishonesty to imply that they weren't acting according to Marx ideas.
>>
>>388662750
I'm basing this on real-life application, not some written down fairy tales.
>>
Jeanette is so lovely!
>>
File: damsel-5031.jpg (55KB, 452x452px) Image search: [Google]
damsel-5031.jpg
55KB, 452x452px
The Camarilla are literally trying to reclaim lost territory. Anarchs are trying to protect their home and rights.
I ain't even going to argue the anarch's "system" isn't shitty, but really, does that make it OK to forcibly subjugate them to some Camarilla elder you will definitely never hear about?
>>
>>
>>388663882
Well the Anarchs aren't always a possible alternative for a city, L.A. is the exception. Anarchs can be all right when they aren't really anarchs, like with Isaac, who keeps rudimentary policing, law and order but offers more freedom and transparency than the Camarilla's system. The Downtown anarchs don't give a crap about anything, they just wanna fuck shit up, but maybe that's because they're fighting the kuei jin and Camarilla. At the very least they aren't forcibly blue pilled about the Antediluvians like the Camarilla does to its subjects.
>>
>>388623448
One word: atmosphere
>>
>>388664348
In the actual P&P game though, them being redpilled on Antedeluvians don't matter. Anarchs are constantly killing each other with cells fighting over turf and imagined slights. They have all the infighting of the Sabbat with none of the agency or direction. It's why the Free State imploded. The Anarchs are the epitome of good on paper, bad in practice useless idealism.
>>
File: 1429aa37c38634dedf8de410038e8796.jpg (98KB, 1024x1828px) Image search: [Google]
1429aa37c38634dedf8de410038e8796.jpg
98KB, 1024x1828px
>>388664664

Weren't the Anarchs of LA basically manipulated by the Kuei Jin?
>>
>>388664390
Also well rounded plotlines and thick backstory.
>>
>>388664664
Thing is, the Sabbat is also centralized as fuck. Anarchs might have infighting and a lack of direction, true, but at least their members have some freedom. I agree though that since these are the final nights some temporary freedom doesn't really matter, an actual chance at repelling the Antes is all that matters instead. The Sabbat are the only way once the ancients rise. But if we're purely comparing quality-of-unlife standards, the Anarchs win out.
>>
>>388623448
Don't worry; bad taste is something you can live with.
>>
>>388664348
Having too much freedom really is the anarch's downfall, there really is no way they could resist a truly concentrated attack from the larger factions while being a loose coalition of gangs themselves, but yeah, not being tied into a large power structure is their selling point so they are pretty much destined to lose - the other factions are just too big
Thread posts: 221
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.