[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do people find him hard? beat him on my first try on NG+++

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

File: thepursuer.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
thepursuer.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
why do people find him hard? beat him on my first try on NG+++
>>
>>388621279
because the first time they fight him, they don't know about ADP and suck at parrying
>>
whoa man you're so cool
>>
>>388621356
>didn't parry
>didn't summon
>he has 3 moves
>he is very predictable
>>
>>388621279
>NG+++
play a different game already
>>
>beat him on my first try on NG+++
so you died on NG, NG+ and NG++?
why are you bragging?
>>
>>388621721
beat him at my third try on NG
beat him at my first try afterwards
>>
Trying to fight him after playing bloodborne was pretty difficult. I forget but didn't DS2 have a stat tied to rolling iframes or was that a myth?
>>
>>388621279
DasII bosses were shitposted heavily by braindead chucklefuck who knew nothing of the series until they stumbled on some cancerous youtube channel like that weab spic faggot or that lore paraphrasing redditor. They are absolute dogshit at the game and circlejerked pursuer and mirror knight being near impossible challenges when they're barely above easy
>>
I struggled with him up until the point where I realized how broken ds2 kinda is and that if you just roll into every enemy they can't hit you.
>>
>>388621279
Well obviously. He's easy as fuck once you learn his moveset. If you don't spank his ass by NG+++ then you are doing something very wrong. This applies to all bosses desu.
>>
>>388621970
ikr
only boss that took me a few tries was Velstadt
>>
>>388621279
I fought him like a coward. He's pretty simple, but I seem to recall one particular move being annoying. Not what that move is though.
>>
File: darksouls3-oujirosurikku1.jpg (64KB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
darksouls3-oujirosurikku1.jpg
64KB, 680x382px
Beat pontiff Sulyvahn second try, still stuck on these disabled fucking *teleporting behind you* *this spot marks our grave*
>>
>>388621279
>>388621603
So at minimum it's your fourth run at the boss that you're bragging about?

And who knows how much practice you had on the other games.

Fucking retard no one's impressed with you
>>
>>388621279
god I fucking hate the dark souls community ever since prepare to die and 2
>>
>>388621279

he's pretty tough the first time you encounter him, particularly when DaS2 first came out since he was much faster than almost everything in DaS1, and even moreso if you had low ADP which most (blind playthrough) players probably did.

obviously his moves are limited and predictable once you know them, but even then there aren't really any "gimmicks" to defeating him, you just have to be able to roll effectively at the right times and there isn't much room for error. granted, the ballistas can help but they are harder to use than they seem (and for most players were more likely to kill phantoms than the pursuer)

personally he's one of my favorite bosses and i wish they had done a better job with the "recurring" pursuer theme.
>>
File: haha.png (1MB, 1500x1416px) Image search: [Google]
haha.png
1MB, 1500x1416px
>Dark Souls 2 will be the most remembered game in the souls series
How does that make you feel ?
>>
>>388622335
you mean that move when his sword glows blue and tries to impale you?
>>
>>388622386

>autistic screeching to fit in on /v/

k
>>
>>388621279
ur trash
>>
>>388622189
>Velstadt
Wait what? He was one of the easiest bosses for me. But fuck that zombie whore from the DLC who summons him and skellingtons.
>>
>>388622645
you are a prime example of what I mean
>>
>>388622490
>the ballistas can help but they are harder to use than they seem
if you say so
never bothered to use them
>>
Second try at my first run.
His attacks are pretty basic and slow, just a generic knight boss. Just roll and you're fine.
>>
Memes aside Dark Souls 3 is the worst in the series. People talk about DaS2 throwing group after group of enemies at you but 3 does the same thing and 90% of enemies, if not all of them, have ridiculous spam moves that they do over and over to the point where using a quick weapon and mashing r1 is the best way to handle everything.
>>
File: PURSUER HYPE.jpg (171KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PURSUER HYPE.jpg
171KB, 1920x1080px
>>388621279
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQCidchOejI
>>
>>388622638
Aren't you talking about Penetrator now? That guy was hard for me too, but I didn't have an option of fighting him like a coward.
I don't remember the details, but it was an attack that I had trouble either avoiding or not being able to see it coming. Probably unblockable, because I would've tried that first.
Eventually I figured it out though.
>>
>>388622731

there is no such thing as "the dark souls community", it's predominantly a single player game--you are quite literally just parroting things you read on here because you are a child.
>>
>>388622970

agreed, 3 is shit. just played through again so i could do the DLCs, finally at the end where i'm going to do ringed city and i'm not sure i'm even going to bother
>>
>>388622989
Pursuer is just a Penetrator copycat
Both have an impaling move, but I don't remember Penetrator's sword glowing blue
>>
>>388621279
If you actually fight him, he can be a bit "challenging"
>>
>>388622345
use lighting on him he cant do fuck about it and it tearing up his health.
>>
>>388623128
Exactly what I'm doing. Just got to Irithyll and lo and behold its exactly what I remembered from the first time I played it, spammy ass enemies where trying to figure them out and play well gets you killed because they attack 10 times in a row and there are 3 immediately. But when I run in there with my straight sword and spam r1 with no strategy they die immediately! So much fun!

fuck this game
>>
>>388621279
His cinematic is spooky and most people lose their shit when they have to fight him.
>>
>>388623135
yep, it's literally the same boss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYDCFD8YbfE
>>
>>388621970
>weab spic faggot
Lobos?
>>
>>388623135
>Pursuer is just a Penetrator copycat
I keep forgetting about some of the bosses being copies, at least they're not 1:1 copies though.

>don't remember Penetrator's sword glowing blue
It glows a whitish blue when he does some attacks, though I don't know why. All of his attacks have that shield pierce effect anyway.
Example if you care. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMjyOeupiv4

I wish Penetrator had been a little closer to the start, I needed him to teach me not to rely on blocking earlier on.
>>
>>388621279
>first try
>NG+++
>>
>>388623135
No, Knight Artorias looked like him and had a bunch of the same moves. The Penetrator's look is pretty original.
>>
>>388623521
>It glows a whitish blue
looks like I forgot it, it's been 5 years I played DS
>>
>>388623740
Understandable really, aside from his attack's effect he's pretty forgettable overall.
That effect does make him a pretty great boss though, but like I said he should've been an earlier fight.
>>
>>388623370

i actually dont mind the game once you get to irithyll; granted it's all relative to the other shitty areas, but to me it's much, much better than the horrible slog that is undead settlement >road of sacrifice > farron's > catacombs.

i found irithyll frustrating on the first go-round but most of the enemies are easily staggered, and all in all it's a surprisingly short area, if you're feeling lazy just sprint to the bonfires/shortcuts.

i was mostly disappointed at how bad the painted world DLC was. the last boss was OK at least.
>>
>>388623954
>aside from his attack's effect he's pretty forgettable overall
I agree, after the Tower Knight he was a letdown
>>
File: stray-demon-large.jpg (66KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
stray-demon-large.jpg
66KB, 600x338px
>>388623370
>implying this never happens in dark souls 1
but its ok guys cuz m-muh interconnectivity
>>
>>388624215
Tower Knight was a let down though, he's barely even a fight. You mean those "The real Demon Souls starts here" messages weren't a joke?
I guess the presentation was good though.
>>
>>388621279
Its his magic ninja grab sword, which doesn't work when I use it.
>>
>>388621279
wHOA

!
>>
>>388624370
I liked the Tower Knight
it was fun that if you fuck up you have to through the bridge with the drake again
>>
>>388622645
makes normal comment

omg lel you autist stop your screeching kek kek newfiggle
>>
Would pay 60$ for a DeS remaster if they actually applied all the modern shit to it
>>
>>388621279

>First try
>NG+++

That's bare minimum your fourth. The thing about souls games is that once you know how to beat something, it's extremely easy to do it again no matter how much the game buffs them.
>>
>>388623567
really explodes that brain silicon ay
>>
>>388622713

Fucking this desu
>>
>>388622989
Pursuer also had an attack where his sword turned blue and he'd try to impale you. If it landed, he'd power up and get a few new moves.

>>388622974
I love how pursuer better lived up to his name in SotFS.
At least for the lost bastille area. That motherfucker turning up again and again, and this time, charged up as if he'd speared you on his sword, was pretty great.

>>388623135
Shame that, like the Penetrator, you couldn't get either of the fucker's armor in their respective games, despite being fairly normal humanoid bosses.
>>
>>388625065
and they finish the world behind the broken archstone
>>
>>388622970
The main problem I had with DS2 was the ridiculous tracking enemies had on their attacks. Coupled with how ADP fucked with your rolls, you'd get hit by a lot of shit enemies had no right to land on you.
>>
>>388621279
Pointiff was the only boss I found hard. The twin princes were a bit annoying, but not nearly as much.
>>
>>388621279
>NG+++

>HEY GUYS I BEAT THIS GUY WITH ALL MY ARMOR AND WEAPONS, AREN'T I COOL?!
>>
>>388623370
straight swords are OP as fuck you dumbass. it's like using pre-patch lightning in DS2 or drake sword for the early parts of DS1. you are literally a shitter.
>>
>>388623457
I like how the first comment on the video was "You fought him like a bitch."
>>
You said it would be fun /v/. I'm not having fun at all, the yokai are a pain and the bosses are poorly designed. Fuck the chainball orge and its stupid hitbox
>>
File: IMG_4213.jpg (48KB, 300x404px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4213.jpg
48KB, 300x404px
>>388622523
That's not true at all. Enough of you I say, farewell.
>>
>>388626285
pretty sure the only people repping this game only do it because it has well rendered asian women in it. level design is terrible, weapon stances are essentially useless, and the loot system is so fucking lame. still pissed i bought this shit digitally, at least it made me finish the fucking thing.
>>
>>388622490
Recurring pursuer that comes back like 8 times? I found that pretty cool
>>
>>388621279
>why do people find him hard?
Because when you start the game you don't expect your roll to be utterly shit because of adp
>>
File: 1482129962491.png (100KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1482129962491.png
100KB, 292x257px
>Playing DaS2 More than once

and you're bragging to US? We should be laughing at YOU.
>>
I wish he used more of the weapons on his back
>>
Just dodge all his thrust attacks and parry the swipe attacks. Repeat until dead. Its that simple really.
>>
>>388621279
>why do people find X hard?
this is the telltale sign of a brainlet. take note anons.
>>
>>388621279
>dodge his shitty combos
>ready ballista
>he wanders toward
>hit him with ballista
>lol stagger
>reload and hit him again before he can do anything
Seriously he is so easy to cheese i don't see how anyone thought he was hard.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.