[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zelda thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: Champions_(Breath_of_the_Wild).jpg (257KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Champions_(Breath_of_the_Wild).jpg
257KB, 1280x720px
It's simply astounding how little lore this game gave us. Everybody was going nuts with theories and predictions of what this Zelda game will mean in the Zelda universe and despite being 80 times bigger than Twilight Princess, Twilight Princess manged to give us tons of more lore and story than this game ever could.

I mean, I know open world games comes at the expense of story, but it just seems like the devs went purposely out of their way to include as little lore as possible and instead focus on the gameplay (which is a whole other aspect of BotW I won't discuss in this topic). The greatest proof of this is how the devs placed it thousands of years ahead of any other game to make it seem as though any of the past games happened so long ago that this game has no connection to them whatsover.

The very little story the game does have is completely generic. Why is no one scared of the impending loom of Calamity Ganon which could destroy the world at any second? Why does each NPC feel like they came out of a generator instead of being an actual human? Why is it that despite the presence of the the guardian deities no one seems overly concerned? Why can't we see how cities and environments have changed over the hundred years link was supposedly in stasis? And did anyone not give a damn about the Champions? Like each of them gets two mins of character development and all of a sudden we're supposed to feel emotional for them?
>>
>it just seems like the devs went purposely out of their way to include as little lore as possible and instead focus on the gameplay
good
if you want ''lore'', read a book
btw you're a cunt
>>
>>388613215
BOTW happens several centuries after the event of OoT.
Even if there are lore links to other games, they have been purposely not many.
>>
You guys are all tremendous faggots. Zelda is good though.
>>
>>388613215
That strapless dress makes zelda so fuckable looking. Even more so than usual. Screams of fertility.
>>
>>388613215

ignore all the people criticizing you. the lack of lore or interesting history was a big problem for BotW and its what makes the world feel so fucking empty and boring. It's amazing how unmysterious the game feels, exploring sucks as it usually just gives you a seed or a shrine or something. It was a massive wasted opportunity. It made me even miss stuff like the forest or shadow temples from OoT, where at least they felt like they had a sense of history and belonged to the land
>>
>>388613324
>if you want ''lore'', read a book

Back to LoL, shitstain
>>
File: 1454473066982.png (52KB, 534x852px) Image search: [Google]
1454473066982.png
52KB, 534x852px
>timelinefags
>>
>>388613215
>zelda lore

oy vey
>>
BotW has plenty of "lore" to it, but it doesn't reveal many special connections to previous games because it is a soft reboot, hence 10000 years later.
>>
I'd have liked to know:
Where the Gerudo have been all this itme?
How are there Rito and Zora at the same time?
Is Zelda using the full Tri Force or not?
What is Link's backstory?
>>
>>388615384
>Find the forgotten temple buried down the valley
>ohh shit they added extra dungeons!!
>go in
>guardians, guardians, shrine
>...
>and that was the moment where all the illusion of adventure was shattered.
>>
This game needed more diaries and journals as well as sidequests that told you stuff about the world
>>
>>388617718
>link's backstory
He is a son of a knight, and has been raised as a warrior
>is zelda using the full triforce
No
>how are there
Who the fuck cares
>where the gerudo have been
chilling in their town
>>
I want to believe the DLC will fix it.
This is why I don't like season passes and shit, they wouldn't have shipped the game the way it is if they knew there was no way to fix the issues months/years later.
>>
>>388613215
>zelda games
>having lore

is this a dank new meme?
>>
>>388613215
>muh lore

BotW already had too much story and TP was trash.
>>
>>388618083
>fix
The story DLC might add something interesting, but that's the word, add, not fix, fixing implies there's something broken in the first place
>>
>>388618075
>is zelda using the full triforce
>No
Absolutely incorrect. Yes Zelda has the full triforce.
>>
>lore
>in zelda
Bet you think souls """"lore"""" is a thing too
>>
>>388618358
O damn never noticed. If only she knew how to use it effectively
>>
>>388618075
>He is a son of a knight, and has been raised as a warrior
We're told all this but in previous games we'd be shown it. Now I understand this allowed us to have a shorter or better tutorial but we get told stuff I'd rather have seen like Link growing up among the Zora and taking down a Lynel for them
>No
Where's the evidence on either side? All I know is she has a triforce whether a piece or the whole but it's never shown very clearly.
>Who the fuck cares
timeline fags for the most part but I'd have liked to hear their origin
>chilling in their town
Their town is so accessible to Hylians that it's strange that they haven't been seen since Ocarina. Some off hand comment like they were in the deep desert until some unspecified time in the past when relations improved
>>
>>388613215
>Twilight Princess manged to give us tons of more lore

HAHAHA autistic TP fags everyone. What Lore did TP have? The lack of gerudos wasn't even explained for fucks sake
>>
>>388613215
>timeline fags

Kill yourself retard
>>
>>388618464
>We're told all this but in previous games we'd be shown it.

So you wanted garbage exposition? Kill yourself back to plebbit shitter.
>>
i agree with you op. the story was really lacking. as a lorefag for the zelda series i was really dissapointed by the lack of story and character development in this game. but gotta cater to the a.d.d generation of today cant sit still to read or watch a cutscene.
>>
>TP
>lore
What

>>388618631
>liking cutscenes
WHAT
>>
>>388618319
Having no story felt broken to me. Having to reserve final judgment until 2018 because of lacking content is not right.
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>388618631
>>
>>388618702
Ah, I understand
>>
File: relly makes u ink.jpg (93KB, 521x689px) Image search: [Google]
relly makes u ink.jpg
93KB, 521x689px
>>388618464
>but in previous games we'd be shown

>OoT
>"Link, you wuz hylian"
>"Oh ok"
>>
>>388618602
do you not know what exposition is? Showing is the very opposite of exposition. What we got in the game with having to read text in order to learn Link's back story was the worst of all worlds
>>
>there are people out there who actually think the zelda "timeline" is coherent and makes sense
>>
>>388613215
This game alone had more lore than all of dark souls so meh not that bad.
>>
>>388618702
The product is finished tho, you don't have to wait to judge it, or do you think they're hiding 10 hours of cutscenes in the DLC?
>>
>>388619060
>having to read text in order to learn Link's back story was the worst of all worlds

I liked that part actually
(´・ω・`)
>>
>>388615414
even LoL has quite a bit of lore, fan-fic tier but still
>>
File: giphy44.gif (959KB, 700x1026px) Image search: [Google]
giphy44.gif
959KB, 700x1026px
>>388619095
you are just dumb, bro. At least I know I wont judge you, bro.
>>
>>388619142
I'd have taken a flashback triggered by him being in a location significant to his life. For an amnesiac having memories triggered by important places he only seems to get triggered when they involve Zelda. That's nice for shipping fodder but not for anything else
>>
>>388619060
>Showing is the very opposite of exposition.

Seems like you don't know what exposition means retard. For example, in BOTW you have to deduce by yourself that Link used to live in the vacant house in Hateno Village. What you're asking is basically to show us an expository cutscene for retards who couldn't deduce that fact and showing us precisely that. That is exposition.
>>
>>388618702
>Whine about how gaming is a brand new form of art with untold potential for storytelling
>Throw a tantrum when a developer dares to stray away from making movies broken up by gameplay
Did we not go through this exact same fucking thing with XCX? Just because it's not a traditional linear narrative doesn't mean that the game lacks a story.
>>
>>388613215
>Why is no one scared of the impending loom of Calamity Ganon which could destroy the world at any second?

There is that one guy on the bridge who says the end of the world is coming. He mentions shrines lighting up and towers rising from the ground.
>>
All I know is it needed more Gerudo
>>
File: 1441766343282.png (1MB, 1168x915px) Image search: [Google]
1441766343282.png
1MB, 1168x915px
>>388613215
Is Spirit Tracks the furthest a version of Hyrule has gotten technologically? I don't think they have steam engines in any other game.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.