[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

want to git gud at fightan games, the only console I own is a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: ryu.png (588KB, 659x543px) Image search: [Google]
ryu.png
588KB, 659x543px
want to git gud at fightan games, the only console I own is a ps3 but I hardly use it and mostly game on my PC, but I'd be willing to use my PS3 for a fighter considering fighting games are mostly dead on PC, are there any fighters on PS3 with a high concurrent playercount nowadays?
>>
>>388612204
Not really. PS3 kind of got shafted for the 360 anyways.
PC is a better choice in this situation, unless you want to dish out $400 for a PS4.
>>
SF5 isnt dead on PC because it has cross play with Ps4.
>>
>>388612268
yeah no thanks, what would you consider I start with on PC? SFV I guess? what about GG, is that populated at all?
>>
Give it to me straight lads, is this worth $40
>>
>>388612357

No.
>>
If you care about games being dead or not then you should buy SF5 on PC. It's the least dead fighting game and it has cross-play.
>>
>>388612437
>SF5
tekken
>>
>>388612204
>want to git gud at fighting games
Which category? 2D or 3D fighting games?

>use my PS3 for a fighter
Bad idea, go straight to PC

>>388612332
>SFV I guess?
It's not a bad start if you want to learn fundamentals (since the game is the easiest in the series), but the skill ceiling is incredibly low, so don't overstay in that game.

Personally, I'd recommend downloading fightcade, it lets you emulate and play all of the old school arcade fighters with online multiplayer, it's free and the netcode is really good.

I'd suggest learning Street fighter alpha 2 on there for the fundamentals, then move onto Street Fighter third strike for the more technical shit.

If you want to learn 3D fighters, pick up Tekken 7, it's a fantastic game that's been made easier for newcomers but without sacrificing too much high-tech shit for the veterans.
>>
old consoles are dead, only ps4 has some players and even then there arent many
if you want to git gud at fightan, youre currently fucked.

its not possible to git gud at sf5 because it is a trash game.
tekken 7 is good but you have to be a neet autist if you want to learn it in a reasonable amount of time. if youre just a normal person with a life, then its too late to learn it. it will take years before you catch up and know all the frames and tracking properties of the 5000 moves that exist
gg is dead, kof is dead, and there arent any other good games
>>
>>388612332
GG is as popular as it's ever been, but the PC audience kind of gets fucked by ASW, who have this nasty habit of releasing the current GG version on Steam 6 months after console release, only to announce a new version right aftewards.
That said, GGRev is a really solid anime fighter with a decent playerbase. It's not terribly hard to get into, but prepare to get bodied online.
Other games worth checking out as alternatives to SFV are KoFXIV and Tekken 7. Very different games, but a lot deeper and more satisfying than SFV.
>>
>>388612615

Tekken has more active players on PC but the combined player pool of PC/PS4 is bigger than either tekken playing pool.
>>
>>388612437
Buy tekken, goy
>>
>>388612663
first of all, how the fuck have I never heard of fightcade. Thank you

also, PC it is I guess.

2D or 3D is fine, I'd just like to play a game that will retain it's playerbase for some time.

Thanks for your suggestions
>>
>>388612204
Actually, OP, if you want to learn the basics of fighting games in a timely fashion, I'd suggest Skullgirls and/or Killer Instinct. SG is cheap as shit, and Killer Instinct is free to play.

The reason why I suggest both of these titles is because 1) it doesn't cost you too much to invest in it and 2) both their tutorial systems are by far the best in fighting game history.
>>
>>388612810
>killer instinct

maybe if I upgrade to windows 10 some day
>>
>>388612809
Fightcade is a godsend and the only legit way to play golden era fighters from the 90s.
>>
>>388612810

The tutorial for Skullgirls is good and all but the game is not good for beginners by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>388612810
SG's tutorial system is really, really solid, but the game is still very hard to get into thanks to the current players being very dedicated. If you jump online, you'll get combo'd from the start of the game to the end and you'll rarely ever get a chance to put whatever practice you've gotten to the test.
>>
Tekken is a shitty legacy game that has no meaningful changes since 5.
>>
>>388613152
>>388613193
I know, which is why I only mentioned the tutorial. But yeah OP, these two are right; Skullgirls is only useful for the tutorial.
>>
Speaking of fightcade someone know why I can't accept challenges ? Everytime I click accept the game doesn't open but I can play alone.
>>
>>388613580
Try disabling/adjusting firewall, I had this problem for a while. If that doesn't work, try some basic port forwarding.
>>
File: 1451241854258.jpg (325KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1451241854258.jpg
325KB, 1024x768px
fightcade when?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.