[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else think Smash 4 was a huge disappointment? From all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 250px-Boxart-wiiu.png (202KB, 250x357px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Boxart-wiiu.png
202KB, 250x357px
Anyone else think Smash 4 was a huge disappointment? From all the recycled content to cutting out any kind of single player experience, I didn't really enjoy the game as much as Brawl. Feels like a slight upgrade to Brawl rather than a full sequel. All the microtransaction DLC in the form of new characters didn't really help either.
>>
Sm4sh was fucking dogshit
I hope it doesn't get ported to the switch, abort that mess asap
>>
File: ABYSS ODYSSEY 1.jpg (104KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
ABYSS ODYSSEY 1.jpg
104KB, 666x666px
>>388611556
>The best Smash game isn't a fucking Smash game.
>>
>>388611845
I've ever even heard of it until now.
>>
>>388611995
It's fantastic. The online's dead, though. If you want a singleplayer game with Smash combat, buy it.
>>
I feel the opposite, I played it a lot with my brother and we had a blast with it, and we really enjoyed Melee back in the day
I bought Melee for my classic Wii recently and we both hated it, it's a broken mess; the only reason we liked it when we were younger is because we didn't know any better

Smash 4 is the most stable and polished, although the singleplayer is weak as are the other modes
>>
>>388611556
Not really, I think it's pretty good. People here always say "it plays like brawl" or "it's worse than brawl". But I played Brawl about a week ago, and it's nothing like Sm4sh, vice versa. Sm4sh is fast, while Brawl feels like the creator tried to make it as slow as possible, even the jumps are slow. It reminds me of Brawlhalla, and that game is pretty floaty. The cast in Sm4sh felt much more polished, and like they actually put detail into each character, especially in the DLC characters. While Brawls felt more lazy, the "clone characters" actually seemed like clones. Not only that but the shield actually works in Sm4sh as opposed to Brawls random dropping. The characters also feel less heavier which is a good thing, they feel more like what their actual weight would be. Not to mention the graphics look way better.
>>
>>388612797
As for the fighting, it's certainly better than Brawl, but it's so barebones in every other area. Couple that with another $30 price tag to get the full experience and you see why a lot of people dislike it. Feels like the game was made to be a cash grab instead of trying to make a game that stands on it's own.
>>
>>388613026
I disagree, the only area it's barebones in is the stage creator, the single player modes have a lot of effort put into them, there's actually an arcade mode where you unlock trophies, and can choose your difficulty. Minigames like home run, bomb launch. That new board game mode. Actual challenges, I could go on. I feel like they tried to make the single player modes Party/Family oriented, and the multi-player modes more Competitive, with custom tournies, player challenges, 1v1s. I think it's just people aren't a fan of the single player game modes, rather than it being barebones. I also don't see how you're missing the full experience, by not getting some DLC characters. It felt the same without them.
>>
>>388611556
It's my least played smash bros.
Probably due to smash fatigue but also lack of surprise,too much was revealed, we knew everything in advance, and the solo mode is a bit a lacking and not as fun.

I don't think the jump of quality was drastic like 64> melee >brawl (Competitive fag don't even open your fucking mouth)

It just seem like a more refined product but not made with the same amount of love or something.
>>
>>388612237
That's the exact opposite of what I want, though. Smash is awful without friends.
>>
>>388611556

Having never played this. Knowing the licensing for some of the DLC characters are limited to this and the 3DS game. Being a Nintendo collector.

Should I go out of my way to unwrap the plastic from the case, put in the disc and purchase the DLC, or should I just leave it on my shelf?

I enjoyed Brawl for what it was. I loved unlocking the characters and the single player mode the most. Having read that the single player is lack luster here, I am hesitant, but not totally against the idea of getting the DLC.

I'm on the fence on if this will be ported or not. Sakurai seems more prideful than to just port over his creation like that. Seeing Mario Kart 8 ported with all the DLC and more to the Switch pissed me off. So it makes me not want to give my money to Nintendo for a game I haven't even unwrapped from the plastic.
>>
File: iceclimberattractive.jpg (8KB, 305x165px) Image search: [Google]
iceclimberattractive.jpg
8KB, 305x165px
Yes because the worthless 3DS version killed the best characters
>>
>>388616431
Ice climbers are degenerate bullshit in both games they're in.
>>
>>388616484
How could you possibly have such poor taste? They are the shining beacon out of all the "degenerate bullshit" that those games are made of.
>>
>>388616347
Why the fuck do you own a game you don't play?
You probably won't enjoy the single player as much as brawl, it's not bad by any mean but not as good.
>>
>>388616859
Because I've played both semi-competitively and "le grab into death twins" is never fun
>>
>>388616903
Then try being good enough to not get grabbed in the first place
>>
>>388616431
Very few people actually care about the ice climber.
people pretend to miss them when they are gone but even if they add them people will barely play with this clusterfuck of a character, most people casual and more experienced, barely have fun, or even know how to control the character properly.
>>
File: 1463756285242.jpg (44KB, 222x305px) Image search: [Google]
1463756285242.jpg
44KB, 222x305px
>>388612797
This
Me and my friends enjoy this game every friday, then before we start getting salty, we go to burger king for some nice burgers... So comfy
>>
>>388616431
The 3DS version has consistently better content than the Wii U version though. And I'm convinced that's only because the devs have no sense of control and want to see how retarded they can make shit and 3DS didn't let them get away with huge 8 player fuckfests, starring Ridley and Great Cave Offensive.
>>
>>388611556
Smash 4 was excellent.

Yet another /v/ is retarded as fuck.
>>
>>388617137
It's just such a shame. My favorite character for 13 years, cut for the arbitrary reason of "well the 3DS version couldn't run it and since we wanna sell more copies of that gimped version no one cares about we'll just cut them entirely!"
>>
>>388617218
I do agree there, I did enjoy the stages and modes much more. Just wish that we could have had one good version rather that two weak versions of the game
>>
>>388616891
Because I'm a collector. My backlog far surpasses how many games I've actually sat down and played to completion or beat. (100% complete run or just a casual play to beat the game)

There I have tones of games I haven't even played but own. That's just how it goes when I work full time and decide games aren't going to be my only other interest in life.

So yes? No? Should I get the DLC just like I did with Hyrule Warriors? I feel that the servers will be shutting down any time now and the Wii U will just be a vessel to hold everything Wii related (if you ported over your Wii shit like I did). I just don't wanna have a game that's not 100% accessible. The idea of Nintendo not realizing that there are discs released on other consoles of the full games without having to do micro-transactions is scary to me.
>>
>>388611556
It's actually my favourite in the franchise. The lack of a story mode is my only problem with it but we knew about that prior to release, so it's not like I was expecting it.
>>
File: collector.jpg (60KB, 606x840px) Image search: [Google]
collector.jpg
60KB, 606x840px
>>388617260
>>
>>388617260
Stop spending money on video game, for real, because you liked a lot in the past, doesn't mean you have to keep a collection just to keep up with the times.

Aside from this your answered your own question, if you itch to get 100% is too strong just get a DLC since it may not come back, like snake.
>>
>>388616431
They look like they just escaped the Special Ed class. Fuck those two.
>>
>>388617567
>Fuck those two
I would if I could
>>
>>388617528
My collection consists mostly of past games, current stuff is shit and I'm holding off on Switch for now.

I suppose you're right. It's gonna be almost more money than when I initially purchased the game. Shit sucks. My main ones that concern me are Ryu and Cloud, you know they won't come back.

Thanks for the help.
>>
>>388611556
Could have been way better...

>single player experience
This. And it makes me mad the reason is simply "we don't want people to upload videos of the cutscenes on YT like the Brawl's SSE so fuck you"

Classic mode is at least a bit more fun and has a cool final boss.

Master/Crazy orders aren't really my favorite thing, they get boring easily.

Events are literally designed to frustrate the player the most they can sometimes, fucking Kirby's Crazy Appetite, I swear.

Target Smash is a crappy Angry Birds clone now

Never really liked the others even in previous games.

Single player aside, my major complaint is the way you obtain equipment/custom moves, it's the worst way possible ever and the game had a fucking shop they could have used instead.
Other than this, game is fun, outside of DLCs is better balanced imo. Only change I would make is making Rage optional in the match settings, it's stupid to force it.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.