[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death Note Kira Game -- Translation and Recreation Project?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: download.png (15KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
15KB, 284x177px
For those who don't know, there was a game released in Japan for the DS in '07 called Death Note Kira Game. The mechanics and execution are really interesting and a fun social strategy element to it. I've been thinking about dissecting the game with a team, understanding how it works and then recreating it for mobile/PC. Thoughts?

> two players / cpu vs. player

> one is detective, one is hidden killer

> identities are hidden

> use proposal points every turn

> use proposal points to increase/decrease trust and suspicion

> you can also use proposal points to agree/disagree with someone's claims

> if suspicion > 50, the person gets one tick, if > 80, they get two

> after 3 turns, everyone votes.

> killer has to try and get detective elim'd and vice versa

> whoever has more ticks is more likely to be voted out

> everyone votes and one person is ko'd

> after the vote, killer and detective can each eliminate one person and if they choose wrong, their max proposal points are decreased (-50% for killer, -20 for detective)

> each character has special abilities to help them throughout the game

> game ends when killer is last man standing or detective catches killer

looking for help with translation and development, as the whole original game is in japanese and there aren't any english roms available.

pic related - Light Yagami, killer from Death Note.
>>
File: 1401529928843.png (245KB, 501x374px) Image search: [Google]
1401529928843.png
245KB, 501x374px
>Japan
This is an English speaking board. Please refrain from posting Japanese things
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 768x435px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 768x435px
>>388607725
You mean light Turner?
>>
>>388607849

nO

SHHHH

...that never happened...
>>
>>388607725
This just sounds like Mafia or whatever you call it. The game that people roleplay in person.
There's always a detective or cop and always a killer. Sometimes there's an "angel" or "doctor" that can prevent someone from dying each round.
>>
>>388607791
Guess the owner of 4chan is banned then. :^)
>>
>>388607849
>get bullied
>use the note to get back at a bully
>read the note in the middle of class
is this real?
>>
>>388608016

I wouldn't be surprised if it was inspired by Mafia, I used to play it all the time as a kid. This is pretty different though, it's kinda hard to explain. People have uploaded let's plays of DNKG though, if you want to see how it's different you can just google it.
>>
Forgot a few mechanics :P

> if killer gains the trust of an AI by raising their trust levels, they'll drop hints about who the detective is

> killer also has an AI that tries to protect them at all times by lowering their suspicion and accusing those who accuse them
>>
>>388607725
Honestly, something like Death Note is really at its best when done with tabletop because it relies heavily on other players.

Best campaign I've ever played was a Paranoia Agent one specifically because you had other people who understood the series.
>>
>>388610006
I was planning to have a friends only online feature, no random opponents on online matchmaking. I want it to be a more personal experience like in the OG when you're sitting across from a friend.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.