[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friday the 13th: The Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 12

File: Ft13.png (233KB, 330x418px) Image search: [Google]
Ft13.png
233KB, 330x418px
New patch dropped today. How has /v/ been liking the new maps and changes to combat?

This thread is to discuss Friday the 13th. Dead by Daylight shills asspained over no one ever wanting to talk about their game are free to blog about it on Reddit.
>>
>>388606760
Hmm. gonna have to get around to playing now since they patched it. wonder if they will take my Savini Jason away since I'm not supposed to have him.
>>
Did they make the maps smaller? Or just added smaller maps to the list? Because I would prefer just adding maps than destroying perfectly goos maps.
>>
If you bought it when they accidentally released it for sale on the PSN, they've already announced you get to keep it.
>>
File: 80.jpg (42KB, 618x623px) Image search: [Google]
80.jpg
42KB, 618x623px
>>388607030
Added. 6 maps in total now with more being developed.
>>
The update is absolutely awful and has made the game pretty much unplayable for me. I'm done until they fix their shit. To think we waited two months for this shit.
>>388607030
Added maps.
>>
>>388607030
added smaller versions of the maps in the game from what I've read. but they aren't supposed to be just a small version. all the cabins and what not have been moved around.
>>
>>388607153
Yeah. The idea is to keep the same basic locations as the movies (Crystal Lake, Packanack, Higgins) but they moved it around enough to not just be a stale, smaller retread.

>>388607107
How is the game unplayable? You one of those Jasons who liked to block through firecrackers, or counselor who'd go around shooting everyone else?
>>
File: Crystal_Lake_Small.png (463KB, 1067x680px) Image search: [Google]
Crystal_Lake_Small.png
463KB, 1067x680px
>>388607106
Sorry, posted the full-size Crystal Lake. Here's the small one.
>>
>>388607236
>How is the game unplayable?
For one, the game now runs like absolute shit. I have a 970 and my framerate drops into the 20s at times on small Higgins. It's not just me, everyone is getting worse performance and on all platforms. Second, they fixed one or two bugs, but added dozens more, ones that will pop up in every match and should have been caught in testing, assuming they ever tested it. Third, they've now ruined the way Jason breaks windows, making him incredibly easy to evade for very long periods of time. Breaking windows just isn't worth it anymore. Also, the new maps just aren't much fun, the game just isn't designed for those kinds of matches, and you can't avoid playing on them.
>>
>>388607380
Game's playing just fine on the Playstation. The only bug I've experienced in the last eight hours of playing was some early connectivity issues which they resolved pretty quickly and kept updated on their Twitter. And if you don't like the new maps, you can pick the map you want to play on. That feature has been there since release, let alone this patch.
>>
>>388607507
I've heard some people report that PS4 users are actually experiencing better performance, so maybe only PC and Xbox is fucked. If you haven't experienced bugs you haven't been trying. Fuck, you can hit Jason while he's stunned now. I knocked his mask off while he was pulling a pocket knife out of his neck.
>>
>>388607507
>you can pick the map you want to play on.
Only if it's a private match.
>>
File: quickplay.png (543KB, 958x540px) Image search: [Google]
quickplay.png
543KB, 958x540px
>>388607549
Oh, yeah, you're right. I forgot about that one. But hitting him while he's stunned seems to break his stun. I've been having fun with that, but I could see why it'd be aggravating for people.

>>388607614
No, quick play too- pic related. Note the R1, L1 options.
>>
I want to fuck Chad!
>>
>>388607831
You're the only guy there, which means you got picked as the host and get to choose the map. You said "you can pick the map you want to play on". You means me, not one of the other seven guys in the lobby.
>>
>>388607870
Sorry, I didn't realize it had to be dumbed down. Yes, the host can pick the map. But anyone can be the host. If you don't want to be on the small maps and you're not the host of your game, leave the lobby and go host your own game. That's all there is to it. Then every single match you decide what you play. Sitting in a game hosted by someone else, and bitching that you don't like the map but refusing to leave is entirely on you.
>>
>>388608031
I don't get to choose to be the host of a public lobby.
>>
>>388608046
Yes you do. Jesus fuck. Watch:

>Click Quick Play.
>Wait 20sec to be placed.
>Are you the host? If yes, you're done. If no->
>Leave Lobby
>Repeat at top

The game will automatically place you as a host if you leave too many in a short timeframe. It's never taken me more than three or four tries to be a host.
>>
>>388608116
That may be your experience but it isn't mine.
>>
>>388608159
Hmm, it's probably because consoles don't actually have servers, and PC does. On PC the "host" is just the guy who chooses the map. It's an actual server and it doesn't crash because someone left when he died.
>>
>>388607380
What do you mean about breaking the windows? You smash them to injure people climbing through them.
>>
>>388608234
You can't do that anymore. Now you have to do it with a canned animation like smashing a radio or power generator. And you can't do it when someone is climbing through a window. If someone jumps through a window you have to wait for them to finish standing up and be able to move before you can smash the window. Also you can't hit people who are already through, even if they are still in the animation and perilously close to you.
>>
>>388608296
Good. It was too quick and spammable in the first place. They also removed combat stance door smashing. Speaking as someone that primarily plays counselors because Jason is too fucking easy to be fun, the fact that the teeniest nerf to him as you in tears makes me immensely satisfied.
>>
>>388608397
>Good. It was too quick and spammable in the first place.
No, it wasn't. It was already very easy to keep Jason away from you for a very long time, and now it takes him twice as long to lock down a cabin.
>They also removed combat stance door smashing.
No they did not. They just made it unreliable. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I still combat stance the majority of the doors, and when it doesn't work, the normal way is usually bugged and takes more hits than usual.

Jason was never overpowered outside of being able to block traps and firecrackers. A decent Vanessa or Chad could play keepaway from him for 5 minutes easily and could singlehandedly tank most of his traps. If Jason seems overpowered, that's just because most players are absolute garbage. If you've got 3 or 4 competent players in a group, even if they aren't friends, some people are getting away, and Jason may even get killed.
>>
Why doesnt this game have ds4 native?
>>
File: Chad_Kensington.jpg (26KB, 350x491px) Image search: [Google]
Chad_Kensington.jpg
26KB, 350x491px
Chad is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>388606760
For some reason, I know this can't work.

I know video games since I'm 8, and everytime somebody tried something like that, it was a big pile of shit, and only the classic online games can survive.

4 lame characters against 1 powerful character ? Tell me, /v/, it's shit, isn't it ?

Everytime, I'm like : "This game looks cool, I should buy it."

But then I remember it's probably just a pile of shit, like every revolutionnary multiplayer shit they tried to pull off.
>>
>>388610332
It's 7 vs 1, and the counselors are capable of kicking Jason's ass if they are decent.
>>
>>388610376
Never played the game, honestly, but is it really good ?

I'm not saying it's bad, that would be dumb, since I've never played it. I'm saying that everytime someone tried to make a game like this, it turned out shit.
>>
>>388610508
It's an extremely buggy game that is pretending it isn't in early access, and the new update fucked up a dozen things for everything it fixed. I cannot recommend it.
>>
>>388610556
Thanks for your honesty.

I'm always looking for the next online multiplayer revolution. Last one was L4D in my opinion. We'll see what Sea Of Thieves do, but I really don't have faith in it.
>>
>>388610508
There are essentially two schools of thought on whether it's good or not, and interestingly, they're both predicated on whether you paid money for Dead by Daylight.

If you didn't, then yes, this game is very good- particularly on the Playstation.

If you did, then you're almost certainly upset that this game is doing much better and you're desperate to discourage others to play in the hopes that they might pick DbD instead.
>>
>>388610812
Damn, I forgot that other game.

Which one is the best in your opinion ? Did you play both ?
>>
>>388610508
It's really buggy and lacks content.

People like >>388610812 seem to think DBD is a direct competitor when they end up playing fairly differently. You are basically comparing Quake Champions to Overwatch
>>
>>388610985
>You are basically comparing Quake Champions to Overwatch

Which one is which ?
>>
>>388610812
>Cant dislike both
Kek
>>
>>388610812
>particularly on the Playstation.
PS4 has no servers, so you get kicked when the host leaves because he died. It also isn't capable of running as well as the PC version, and I don't think there's even push to talk.
>>
>>388610896
Friday the 13th is far and away the superior of the two titles. A brief description of each:

Dead by Daylight: Has multiple killers with different strengths and weaknesses, a plus in its favor, one of the few it has. Like Friday the 13th, it has multiple survivors, but their abilities are much less pronounced and they're not nearly as customizable. Unfortunately, the gameplay is where its the weakest. The survivors run around, repair generators and leave. Their only recourse against killers is hiding or playing ring a round the rosie and tipping pallets in front of them. Killers also have to drag them to big hooks to kill them, a slow process that other survivors can interrupt and it's considered extremely bad form to camp the hooks. Matches are extremely repetitive and have five people, including the killer.

Friday the 13th: Much more "asymmetrical" as they're both billed as. Jason can essentially instant-kill anyone he gets close enough to, and that's pretty easy. He can teleport around the map, vanish and rapidly speed around, and stealth right up to people. Counselors have many more options for escape in this game, from leaving by a variety of cars (4-seaters and 2-seaters), boat, calling the police, hiding till time expire, et cetera. Further, the Counselors all have a wide range of basic stats that set them far apart. Chad, for instance, is immeasurably lucky and quite fast, with only average stealth and stamina, and a low composure and strength. Each metric is important to how the character is played, but this is compounded by the perks that all Counselors could take. For example: Chad, while not strong, could take the perk to increase stun duration, the perk to start with a baseball bat (instant stun weapon), and toughness to absorb multiple Jason hits. With his maxed out Luck, he goes from a wimpy runner to the best fighter in the game.
>>
File: Untitled.png (23KB, 656x492px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
23KB, 656x492px
>>388611206
>didn't read the news
They'll be getting dedicated servers in the next update. :^)
>>
>>388611608
This. If you watch some gameplay of DbD on YouTube you're going to see people running in circles and throwing pallets while repairing generators. You can practically hear the Benny Hill music and see the killer chasing Scooby and the gang around and around. If you watch one match, you've seen them all. But if you watch Friday the 13th, you see people whacking at Jason with machetes, four man cars being driven by a single survivor with three pissed counselors chasing after him and shouting for him to wait, counselors laying traps for Jason, Jason laying traps for counselors, people trying to sneakily call in the cops and just... a huge variety of gameplay that DbD doesn't have.
>>
>>388611608
chad isnt for fighting, vanessa and chad are.

sure his weapons dont break much, but if you stun jason you have enough time to get another one
>>
any friday the 13th virgin vs chad memes?
>>
>die 10 seconds into a match because I always spawn right next to a car and smart Jasons go there first
>Tommy Jarvis gets called
>someone else dies after he gets called
>they get picked to be Tommy Jarvis
WHY THE FUCK DOESN'T THE FIRST PERSON WHO DIES BECOME TOMMY? HOW FUCKING DUMB ARE THE GAME DEVS?

>>388610332
It's not like that at all, honestly. It really does seem like Jason is overpowered, but there are times where he's completely useless
>>
>>388607507
>Game's playing just fine on the Playstation
That's a complete lie. I get glitches up the ass every other game.
>>
>>388606760
What's so fun about this game?
I only clicked the thread for the beefcake in the speedo.
>>
>>388613128
I'd only recommend playing it with friends, and even then it's not really that fun. It DOES have a lot of potential, though, so I think that's why people are still playing it.

It might be another Rainbow Six Siege situation where free updates save the game and make it playable, but the dev team of Friday are pretty small and updates are irregular
>>
>>388613204
>>388613128
And if you only clicked on this thread for the dude in a speedo, then you would probably enjoy this game anyway. It's husbando and waifu galore
>>
>>388612948
because people would just kill themselves to be a character with all 10/10s
>>
File: Chad vs Paco.png (2MB, 1239x1206px) Image search: [Google]
Chad vs Paco.png
2MB, 1239x1206px
>>388612495
Here, gave it a shot.
>>
>>388613370
But it's annoying for the people playing properly who die 10 seconds into a match and have to wait another 10 minutes without playing.

I feel like they could still make it work, maybe the first person to actually die to Jason. That way it stops people from just killing themselves to become Tommy Jarvis, and Jason still has to find you.
>>
>>388613530
ty
>>
>start game
>find a house
>2 teammates hone in on my location
>1 enters the house and starts beating me for no reason\
fun
>>
>>388612948
A "smart" Jason goes to the phone first and locks it down.

Also
>Dying before Jason even has shift
lmao
>>
>>388613759
They disabled PvP.
>>
>>388613862
The amount of times I've had a Jason teleport right next to me, grab me, and kill me right at the start of the game is staggering. It's probably just me being unlucky, but it's so fucking frustrating nonetheless.
>>
>>388613935
You've usually got a bit of time, since Jason picks the two free knives up before teleporting anywhere. The competent ones go right to the telephone. So it should look like this:

>game starts
>spawn by a house
>go inside and immediately bar the door
>start looting
>notice the fusebox symbol right before, at, or just after the music indicating Jason teleported there
>if stealthy AJ or the like, immediately hide under bed - Jason doesn't have sense right away and even if he does, won't pick up on it
>if Chad or Vanessa or the like, open window and make a break for a few houses down while Jason spends time trapping phone - he can't shift for a long while and even running Jasons can't catch them
>>
File: Adam_Palomino.jpg (454KB, 1248x1860px) Image search: [Google]
Adam_Palomino.jpg
454KB, 1248x1860px
I heard this patch confirmed best boy is banging AJ.
>>
>>388613935
You are doing something wrong, you should be in a cabin or at least a safe distance from an objective before Jason does his first morph.
>>
>>388613759
hahahaha
>>
>>388614386
Although Chad is a Chad, I don't think he's cheating on Tiffany.
>>
File: F13 in a shellnut.png (240KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
F13 in a shellnut.png
240KB, 1152x648px
>>
>completely removed team killing

buying the game at launch and dumping 50 hours into it with friends was a mistake. i didn't know the developer was actually going to remove features down the line.
>>
File: 81GIEBv3vfL._SL1500_.jpg (299KB, 1500x844px) Image search: [Google]
81GIEBv3vfL._SL1500_.jpg
299KB, 1500x844px
>>388614912
$0.15 has been deposited into your account from Starbreeze Studios.

Remember, Dead by Daylightâ„¢ the original asymmetrical horror game is available now on Steam for $19.99!
>>
>>388615074
It's not disabled in Private Matches. Since you upped the ante by pretending you had friends in your post, clearly this won't affect you.
>>
>>388606760
>that high cut bikini
Welp, time to jack off now
>>
FR13th is extremly shitty. If your at all interested in a game like this just play DBD.
>>
>>388610332
>103
thought the same, started playing dbd, realized both sides are OP depending on who/how they are played. Its quite an interesting concept honestly.
>>
>>388615602
>dbd shilling
See:
>>388615167
>>388610812
>>388606760
>>
>>388615737
>>388615167
>Such a pissy little baby that you have to resort to console releases to try to throw shade
>>
File: cucked.png (92KB, 303x344px) Image search: [Google]
cucked.png
92KB, 303x344px
>>388615987
>be dead by daylight
>be out for over a year
>numbers have plummeted on Steam from 17k in December to barely holding at 10k now
>abysmal console release with almost no sales
>Friday the 13th gets released a year later
>console sales alone completely blow out DbD's numbers across all platforms
>Friday continues to be one of the top downloaded games every month since its release
>/v/ literally never makes Dead by Daylight threads while Friday the 13th ones occur multiple times a day
>Dead by Daylight keeps releasing paid content patches that offer nothing substantial
>in only 3 months Friday has released multiple free upgrades with numerous more announced also free
>only place a cucked DbD fan can even discuss the game now is by shitposting on a Friday the 13th thread
You know, you could make a DbD thread yourself. Who cares if no one replies to it? LMAO
>>
File: 5minpaint.png (87KB, 711x241px) Image search: [Google]
5minpaint.png
87KB, 711x241px
>>388616365
you now i mostly lurk these threads cus im waiting for friday the 13th to be fixed so i can buy it. but reading things like these really piss me off and turn me away, shitty community that cant accept its current flaws and tries to blame other games. here some steamcharts. now get off /v/.
>>
>>388616930
>larping as a non-DbD shill
>keeps the Steam-only comparison pic on standby
You stink of piss and desperation.
>>
>>388617036
http://steamcharts.com/search/?q=dead+by
http://steamcharts.com/search/?q=friday

so much for standby, kiddo.
srsly, ppl like you ruin both games.
>>
>>388617119
>everyone keeps pointing out that Ft13 console sales trump DbD across all platforms
>>posts steam numbers alone
>laugh at the faggot for poor reading comprehension
>>posts steam numbers again
laffing at ur suky reding comprehshun
>>
Saw the OP's tag about this thread not being for DBD shitters and thought he was just covering his ass by pretending anyone talking shit about his game must be from a different game. But fuck me, like a third of this thread are people nakedly shilling for DBD. The fuck, I honestly thought "shilling" was a meme until this.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.