[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sony new handheld to be announced in Pre-TGS event

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 267
Thread images: 37

File: ps_vita_system_mx(2).png (227KB, 540x310px) Image search: [Google]
ps_vita_system_mx(2).png
227KB, 540x310px
https://gematsu.com/2017/08/2017-playstation-press-conference-japan-set-september-19

thoughts?
>>
Im excited but the last sony handheld i liked was,the psp, the vita and go werent my thing, but itll probably something like them and that sucks
>>
It doesnt say that anywhere
>>
>>388602181

what was wrong with Vita?

You really preferred the UMDs?
>>
File: 1492625298194.png (95KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1492625298194.png
95KB, 512x512px
>>388602087
I'd fucking love a new vita, but I know it's not gonna happen.
>>
>>388602309
It was more about the console itself, the umds never bothered me, i like physical media
>>
>>388602319

I wish they would just do something simple. Update the hardware, keep the same format and OS, add more internal memory.

Don't sink a ton of money into it, just an update to keep the thing alive for a few more years.

My Vita is the console I've played the most by far out of every console I've had, and I've had almost all of them.
>>
File: 1496972830561.jpg (92KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
1496972830561.jpg
92KB, 960x638px
>>388602087
Vita 2 isn't gonna happen. We're at a point where Sony dominates on the home console market, and Nintendo dominates the handheld market. Xbox is in a weird gray area. It'd be interesting to see what Sony would come up with if they decided to take another crack at it though.
>>
>>388602425
What about it? The vita still uses physical cartridges
>>
There were never any decent games for it and the one worth playing are being ported to or have been available on PS4 or something else already.

It's literally a P4G machine and that's not even worth a purchase if you've already played the original PS2 version.
>>
>>388602087
I'll believe it when I see it. I'd be stoked for a Vita 2 or w/e
>>
File: let go.jpg (100KB, 840x970px) Image search: [Google]
let go.jpg
100KB, 840x970px
>>388602087

God dammit Sony, fuck off with this shit. The handheld market belongs to Nintendo, they finally have a really powerful handheld that can play console quality games. Don't fuck shit up and divide the games among 2 handhelds systems, just let the Swich get all the games. God fucking dammit Sony.
>>
>>388602538
The way the psp felt in my hand was better then the vita, i wasnt a fan of the duel analog sticks, it looked stupid, and i never enjoyed a game on it really
>>
>>388602636
>come out with the 3ds 50000 times
>>
>>388602479

I feel like Sony won't make a new handheld unless its another handheld that's well ahead of its time. They'd rather just not make any handheld instead of cheaping out like Nintendo does.
>>
>>388602636

>Switch
>Handheld

If only Nintendo had gone that way instead of the hybrid abomination they gave us.
>>
The vita isn't even selling well in Japan anymore, so why bother?
>>
>>388602087
I would welcome a "Vita Pro" with a different name, there's no need for a full-blown new hardware with current-gen power, both the PSP and the Vita were hindered because of this simplistic view.

People who buy handhelds are more interested in more unique gaming experiences like monster catching games, monster hunting games, JRPGs, things like Lumines, rather than play lesser versions of popular games from home systems.
>>
>>388602557
Soul Scarifice was decent, Killzone Mercenary was pretty good, Resistance Burning Skies was not bad. But It could have used more AAA original Vita games for sure.
>>
>>388602087
Wow another sony handheld that'll flop in the west and only pick up steam after it gets emulators to play other people's games on. I can't wait.

This is coming from someone who has used Sony home consoles as their main console since the PS2, and liked the PSP, but unless this thing has decent fucking support, I won't care.
>>
>>388602087
vita was great, i hope sony doesn't go full retard again with memory cards if they do make another handheld

>>388602702
even as a hybrid it still shits on every handheld ever made desu
>>
>>388602736

That's why I think Vita was the worst marketed machine second to WiiU. Sony really doesn't get handheld gaming.
>>
>>388602538
Game media was never a problem, it was just tiny cartridges.

the real problem was how they jewed you into using their overpriced sd cards
>>
>>388602087
Lmao can't wait for Sony to fail again. This is what happens when you cater to the japanese and let them release nothing but weebshit trash on a handheld.

Japan makes the absolute worst handheld games and it's sony's fault for enabling them.
>>
THE
LINK
DOES
NOT
EVEN
MENTION
THIS
>>
>>388602886
This. They only advertised it as an add on for the PS4 and the remote play.
>>
File: it's a handheld.jpg (516KB, 621x2560px) Image search: [Google]
it's a handheld.jpg
516KB, 621x2560px
>>388602702
>>
>>388602862
The only thing the Switch really lacks is games tbqh. It could be a powerhouse, but as it is there isn't a ton to actually play unless you're into BoTW or multiplayer games. Looks like we're getting more single player stuff later this year and into 2018 though.
>>
>>388602309
Expensive memory cards
>>
Sad part is some people actually believe this is going to happen
>>
>>388602557
Loads of the games for it were ports from the PS3/PS4. Trails of Cold Steel 1&2, Dragon's Crown (though arguably it was designed for vita and ported to PS3), the Odin Sphere Remake and so on. Muramasa was ported from the Wii but it plays way better on the Vita. I really did like having all of these games on a portable system though. I think that was the main appeal for me, the other being the ability to hack it and turn it into a portable emulator.
>>
>>388602987
yeah once the library picks up a bit more it'll be great
>>
>>388602943
You know I understand the joke and agree but fucking chirst, just fucking draw an MS Paint comic if your going to derail from the source material this badly, this would have been funny if it was a drawn comic or anything with some actual effort put into it.
>>
>>388602087
Is like if they want the 3DS to mercilessly rape another Sony handheld in the very last years of it's life spawn, just stop, is sad.
>>
>>388602087
Where are you getting that?
>>
Reminder that Vita means Life
>>
>>388602087
I'm expecting a phone app.
>>
>>388602087
god I hope this happens
>>
>>388602636
You already have to buy 3ds and switch, Nintendo won't leave the 3ds.
>>
There's no need for a new handheld Vita still dominates Japan's budget game scene.

I predict a bunch of unimpressive weeb shit with 6th gen graphics and physics, the Japanese equivalent of PS Vue tv service and PS1, PS2,PSP and PSV games added to PS Now.
>>
>>388602087
if its backwards compatible with vita and psp id buy it in a heartbeat

but my guess its going to be some switch copycat bullshit instead
>>
>>388603417
Vita has been selling like shit in Japan for months now.
>>
I think they should make Vita TV games playable on PS4.
>>
>>388602996
what is sd2vita
>>
>>388603347
Irony at it's finest.

All vita really needed for me to get one was mainline MH.
>>
>>388602087
empty pipe dream. They won't make a new handheld anytime soon.
>>
This article says fucking nothing of the sort. Besides, why would you want another Handheld from Sony when they treated the Vita like dog shit?
>>
>>388603487
Everyone there has one the software still sells fine.
>>
>>388603529
But Sony fucked up by not allowing Capcom to release Portable 3rd HD in the west because it had no trophies on PS3.
>>
>>388603201
Honestly I always wanted 3DS to be dead. I remember being disgusted when around 20 min of its initial reveal was about 3D Disney and Dreamworks movies and 3D evolution. Then OoT3D """remake'"" happened and it was just a shitty remaster

It's a shit a console that happened to have good games for some time, then Nintendo ruined it again with new overpriced hardware and in-house shovelwares
>>
Odds of a new PS Vita are incredibly low, but Sony did patent a handle and the patent was very detailed.

Plus, a few months ago, they had job listings for a new handle.
>>
>>388602479
Sony has an obligation to self sabotage whenever thier on a winning streak. Just look at the ps3.
>>
>>388603598
The fact that you don't know the difference between a remake and a remaster makes me disregard your entire post.
>>
>>388602087
That link doesn't say anything about a new handheld
>>
>>388603610
>Sony did patent a handle and the patent was very detailed.
Please enjoy our new Playstation Swap™! Take your favorite playstation games on the go, and bring them home to play on your tv!
>>
>>388602862
Then why is the Switch worse than the Gameboy Advance and the DS?
>>
I really hope they a release a new handheld, but if they do I hope they learned their lesson of making the Vita use over priced memory.
The Vita is a really nice system and its a shame Sony screwed the system and then stopped promoting it in the west.
>>
I don't really feel like the odds of a Vita 2 are as low as people think.
It's not like trying again after a piece of hardware flops is unheard of in video games (look at Atari, Sega, very recently Nintendo, etc.) and the Vita didn't perform nearly as poorly in Japan as it did here.
Sony needs to be careful in Japan or they're going to lose their entire audience to mobage.
Whil Japan alone isn't enough of a market to make a console but it is a big factor especially for a Japanese company.
>>
>>388603889
A portable PS4, a real portable PS4 not like how Sony claimed that the Vita was a portable PS3, would sell well.
>>
>>388602087
RIP Nintendo
It's been fun
>>
>>388603929
A portable PS4 would be a fucking mess right now. Super expensive, next to no battery life. People give shit to the switch for it's battery, but make a portable ps4 and you're on a whole new level.
>>
>>388603598
Well, people can hate on 3DS all they want but it was a solid console in overall, great games, interesting gimmick, ok online functions, comfy multimedia management and plenty of support by Nintendo.

If only castlevania didn't turned into shit we could had some nice 2D castlevanias, that is my only complain, but it isn't even fault of the console, it was just konami being retarded.
>>
File: vita in japan.jpg (921KB, 1860x1046px) Image search: [Google]
vita in japan.jpg
921KB, 1860x1046px
They might. The japanese vita fanbase in japan was strong enough that I saw stuff like this all over out there.
>>
>>388603901
What, its library? It's less than 6 months old.
>>
I will literally buy any handheld Sony released day one if only for the great JRPGs
>>
>>388602087
That's good and all but unless Sony gets Pokémon, they won't sell much.
Even if it drops in quality, every Pokémon game sells like crazy and it's the only reason Nintendo handhelds sell well.
>>
>>388602087
Years and years of Vita port-begging made all gaming forums annoying. Hope this isn't the same. Fuck Vita cunts.
>>
>>388604103
Hiro is really fast
>>
>>388603513
It only took 5 years after it was the vita came out for a sd2vita adaptor to cone out
>>
>>388604320
we should be happy someone made it for a almost dead console like vita
>>
>>388604075
Switch, which is to say the 20nm maxwell-based tegra, is essentially 2015 tech. Which is to say it debuted in retail in 2015, meaning it started development in 2013 or earlier

If Sony (AMD) just started developing a chip for a real portable PS4 last year or early this year for a 2018 or 2019 release, it would literally be an entire generation ahead of the Switch, which would mean not only much more powerful but better power consumption

Remember, the PS4 is already based on a mobile chip, and it's basically 7 years old now itself. Condensing that tech down to, say, 16 or even 14nm could easily put the power of a PS4 into a handheld form factor
>>
>>388602087
The only way I care:
>Its somehow a portable PS4 with no hardware downgrade at all.
Later thread!
>>
>>388604103
holy shit
why are japs so blurry
>>
>>388604561
if it's so EASY then why haven't they DONE it
>>
>>388604620
designing chips is really really expensive.
>>
>>388604609
They have no soul.
>>
>>388604620
you can't just make something, you have to have a market for it

people thought the vita demonstrated there's no demand for a console tier handheld, but switch demonstrated that the vita was just marketed wrong

sony's main hurdle will be the games. you can't put full sized ps4 discs into a handheld, it obviously won't work. and the world probably isn't ready for digital-only yet
>>
What is this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRPxYiFts2M
>>
>>388604561
Sounds like you're just pulling a whole bunch of shit from your ass, my dude.
>>
File: 1458275444652.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1458275444652.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>388604856
>that xenosaga theme
i miss it
>>
I'd be overjoyed at the announcement of a new Sony handheld, but I'm not holding my breath for one.
Getting comfy in bed with a handheld is my favorite way to experience video games and Nintendo doesn't always get the third-parties and weird JRPGs I crave.
>>
>>388604771
>people thought the vita demonstrated there's no demand for a console tier handheld
No one fucking thought that. Everyone was amazed at how powerful the Vita was and it was the main selling point for ages. The vita fucking flopped because of expensive memory cards, Sony failing to support it and backwards ass marketing.
>>
>>388602087
>Sony pre-TGS event to feature no new hardware announcements whatsoever
Cool
>>
>>388604857
There's speculation but it's all based on fact. You think R&D happens overnight? That Nintendo planned and made the Switch in the weeks before March? Architectures take thousands of man hours to develop. More so when it involves die shrinks

Rumor has it Nintendo was actually waiting on the 16nm Tegra chip since it would have been more powerful and more power efficient but Nvidia just couldn't get it out on time, so they went with the older 2015 maxwell-based Tegra. In 2016 it would have been passable but in 2017 it's old tech. Then again, Nintendo hasn't been known for cutting edge tech for many generations now, so it's not that big of a deal for Sony hardware to be better. It's expected
>>
File: Disgusting.png (888KB, 1253x695px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusting.png
888KB, 1253x695px
I wish sony would just build Nintendo's handheld, they have never designed something that looked good and felt great to hold.
>>
>>388605368
>they have never designed something that looked good and felt great to hold.
Just like every other handheld
>>
If this is anything other than a PlayStation 4 Portable, then it is DOA.
>>
>playstation swap

Fuck Sony, they don't make good games and all this is going to do even if it fails is ensure third parties don't use Nintendo. Oh well, with both teams on one platform I will have more than enough games to play.
>>
>>388602636
competition is important or else nintendo will stop trying because they have a monopoly. literally economics 101 you dumdum
>>
>>388604856
>There is a big announcement coming that will affect Nintendo and then there will be a big announcement from Nintendo themselves. When this stuff happens, don't get angry at me, you guys.
What the fuck is he even talking about
>>
>>388605368
So why do you want them to design Nintendo's handhelds?
>>
File: 1472866859559.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1472866859559.gif
2MB, 360x270px
Boy oh boy just what we need another dead on arrival handheld with no support, major launch titles and gimicky expensive memory sticks woop dee fucking doo they'll be successful again this time for sure!
>>
>>388605000
>No one fucking thought that.
Not him, but people ragged on it CONSTANTLY for trying to have too much console stuff on a handheld.

Oddly a lot of those people went on to think the switch getting console ports was awesome.
>>
Sony should just focus on investing in more exclusive games for their system, which has so far been letting them dominate this entire generation.

What's the point in another handheld? Nintendo barely survived the rise in smart phones.
>>
Whyd does /v/ think Sony is one person?
>>
>>388605838
They are dominating the generation by being the only real solid choice for normies who buy multiplat games but don't play on pc for a long enough time to build a huge lead.

The exclusives are just a bonus, but the console of choice for multiplats is what really pushed it.

Third party support is damn important.
>>
>>388605838
The whole reason that Sony has barely been commissioning 3rd parties for exclusives this gen is because Andrew House has soured on them. He told investors during a shareholders' meeting several years ago something to the effect of "we're shying away from that business model" due to "changes in the modern climate". Hell, I'm sure you remember that following Bloodborne's reveal, Yoshida said that he faced massive internal resistance before he was allowed to approach From with the offer of making a PS4 exclusive with Japan Studio.
>>
>>388602636
>Monopoly is a good thing
Yeah monopoly is always good for the free market oh wait, it isn't fag.
>>
>>388602638
>wasn't a fan of the dual analogs
You disgust me, this was the greatest part of the Vita and precisely why it deserved better.
>>
>>388606010
source?
>>
>>388605570
This, you fucking morons.

That said, if the new sony handheld was literally just Sony's switch, I hope they take a note from nintendo and cut out all the bullshit.

You fags may disagree, but I fucking love how cut-and-dry the switch is in terms of interface.
No retarded music, animations, or any other garbage that takes up memory and time. You want to load up the eshop, it shows you a loading screen with a simple ditty, and you're taken to the shop screen. Fucking done. No retarded dancing bag mascot, no constantly changing music that needs to be updated every week, no retarded ass "memory blocks" system (THANK FUCK for this one especially).

I will say this as well, they need to not copy the pointless ass HD rumble, and just cut out rumble entirely (it's a gimmick, we all know it is). The one thing I will say they should consider doing is making the joy-con equivalent able to function akin to a wiimote/PS Move which can do waggle, because holy shit, just imagine light-gun games and slashers coming back, and even being playable on the go, goddamn. Even bringing back older games like Point Blank would be cool as well.
It sucks how the Switch Joy-cons COULD do this as well, but nobody's fucking bothering. The only thing I've seen so far actually attempt to use waggle without being gimmick shit is Splatoon 2.
>>
>>388602087
nintendo lost monster hunter, there's a chance
>>
>>388606059
Seriously, I remember when nintendo didn't have any competitors in the handheld space.

They made no real effort to improve anything for years on end until competitors started showing up in japan with hardware and games that were just shitting on them.

Then all of a sudden they started to try to make better shit.

Nintendo is too lazy to be relied on to lead a market solo.
>>
Don't flop year one
Don't have some shitty special memory card
Let me play my digital psp and ps vita games on it
>>
>>388606094
This. I had a PSP but I bought mh3 again because fuck clawing
Playing that shit on vita is still the best MH experience up to date
>>
>new sony handheld
>also works as cellphone, tablet, toilet paper, girlfriend and credit card
>exclusive memory cards with no internal memory on the handheld
>versions of KH3.1, FF15SS, FF7R with exclusive content for home console versions
>exclusive digital versions of ps2 games but only available in ps plus
>and ridge racer
>>
>>388605570
Yeah, remember when they "stopped trying" with the Gameboy Advance, when they essentially had no competition whatsoever? Man, those were the dark ages.
>>
>>388606250
that was when they started trying again.

Remember how the gameboy sat there unchanged for NINE years, then the only real improvement they brought was color?

You can thank the neo geo pocket color and the wonderswan for getting their dumb ass in gear again.
>>
>>388606187
Yeah, I remember how Nintendo had strong competition for years and then decided to bite back with the DS, man that console really saved their handheld market with competition from.
>>
>>388602443
>My Vita is the console I've played the most by far out of every console I've had
>I've had almost all of them.

I strongly disbelieve this claim.
>>
>>388604609
h-hayai! isn't just an anime meme.

It's a way of life.
>>
>>388606129
>MH
>Important to Nintendo
Good one, while MH was a great addition it is not vital, Pokemon is the real shit that keeps Nintendo's handhelds strong.
>>
>>388606371
I'm not him, but out of this generation it's for sure my most played system by at least 4x over, easy.

I've got all of them.

It's probably my second most played handheld or close for first.

I could believe it.
>>
>>388605368
Why would you want Sony to make it if all their designs are shit then?
>>
>>388606436
No, I strongly disbelieve that he owns or has owned almost all the consoles.
>>
>>388606476
He means nintendo hasn't made anything that looked good/felt great to hold (as far as handhelds)

Which I can see, since their design inspiration 9/10 times is a brick.
>>
>>388606557
the N3DS was a literal brick with shit ergonomics. what were they even thinking
meanwhile the psp and vita were delicate pleasant things to hold
>>
File: adam_boyes.0.0.jpg (94KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
adam_boyes.0.0.jpg
94KB, 1600x900px
>>388606010
It's sad that this is the case, but they were happy to let that fat canuck Adam "LOL GUYS, I LOVE DESTINY!" Boyes basically throw money at studios out of SanFan for timed exclusivity of garbage indie games. And what a surprise, they stopped doing it because people weren't buying that shit. Still, it's not like Yoshida is completely blameless, he's just the least awful of the Sony bigwigs. I mean, did ANYONE want shit like The Tomorrow Children?
>>
>>388602087
So, a proper handheld or another machine to stream you ps4 to? Also no region lock pls, even Nintendo dropped them.
>>
>>388606619
5/6 of the 3ds hardware versions were just bricks.

All the DS systems were just bricks.

They didn't care about ergonomics at all.
>>
>>388602087
>Sony new handheld
Literally never ever.
>>
>>388606619
If they are so pleasant why don't you stick them up your ass? I mean that is the only way vita users can get some fun anyways.
>>
>>388606668
>Also no region lock pls
Sony hasn't had region lock on anything since the ps2.

Nintendo was literally the only person still doing it until this year, so, there's nothing to worry about there.
>>
>>388602087
If it turns out to be a portable PS4, I'm in.
Having the Switch and a portable PS4 would be the perfect combo along my PC.
If it turns out to be Vita and PSP's successor, I am not interested. I already know it would be a waste of money for me.
>>
File: Very mad.jpg (160KB, 822x622px) Image search: [Google]
Very mad.jpg
160KB, 822x622px
>tfw sony don't make laptops anymore

fuck their smartphones, their laptops were the shit
>>
>>388606805
Don't you mean to say overpriced trash, those laptops cost way fucking more than what they were worth.
>>
File: Fuuka.jpg (168KB, 1116x536px) Image search: [Google]
Fuuka.jpg
168KB, 1116x536px
Why is /v/ so braindamaged?

Sony constantly said won't be entering this market again
>>
>tfw love my Vita
>still no 3.65 hack for it

I want to play new games, hell I don't even care about pirating it. But it's frustrating that the hacking scene is at a stonewall.

At least it's really good for emulation though.
>>
>>388606883
They are full of shit, for Sony even an unsuccessful Vita successor would be a valuable platform, basically all it would do is throw a wrench right into the Switch, third parties will stay on the Sony platform, and will not get comfy on Nintendo's platform, it's a good tradeoff for Sony to keep their competition manageable.
>>
>>388606883
Are they really that scared of Nintendo's handhelds?

What a fucking bunch of faggots, they should keep trying, even if they lose every single time.
>>
>>388606619
>meanwhile the psp and vita were delicate pleasant things to hold
Uh no. Especially if you weren't a manlet.
For one the buttons and analogs were way too small on the Vita not to mention they were positioned horribly.
Two, glossy is shit. No questions
Three, back to the analogs they were convex.
Four, curved edges. In addition to the glossy surface that ensures you have very little grip.
>>
File: you.jpg (20KB, 318x345px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
20KB, 318x345px
>>388602087
It's not even mentioned you fucking retard.

Damn you Vita manchildren are turbo autists.
>>
>>388606746
you sound like you're still sore from the last time you got one forcefully shoved up your ass anon
>>
>>388607096
you're a landwhale
my n3ds is glossy
the analogs are textured
the curved edges don't dig into your palm
>>
>>388607019
Unlike Nintendo, if sony make a handheld, it wont be outdated garbage for it's time and thus be really expensive, why waste all their success on the PS4 on a dead handheld only weebs will buy?
>>
>>388607096
>For one the buttons and analogs were way too small on the Vita

My hands are big enough to palm a basketball and I still never had a problem with these.

>Four, curved edges. In addition to the glossy surface that ensures you have very little grip.
It's only glossy on the surface of the face and the trim on the back/touchpad. There's grip pads on the back. If you couldn't keep a hold on this your hands must have been made entirely of sweat.
>>
File: 1483143357050.jpg (57KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1483143357050.jpg
57KB, 640x427px
>>388607105
You just got BAITED son!!! and basically you are fucking stupid.

How do you feel about it chump?
>>
>>388607190
>you're a landwhale
Or you know, the system was designed for literal midgets.
>my n3ds is glossy
Yes? Glossy is shit no questions asked but with the 3ds you at least had the choice to pick one that wasn't.
>the analogs are textured
Doesn't matter still provides less grip than a concave analog. On top of that the material they used is extremely cheap.
>the curved edges don't dig into your palm
And you're calling me a landwhale? It's not going to dig into your hands unless you're grossly obese. Meanwhile the rounded design of the vita and psp provides less grip in general.
>>
>>388607231
Remember that one time when Sony did a completely superior handheld but still lost?

Remember when they did it again but the result was even worst?

Gee anon, I wonder what will happen if they do it again.
>>
When will Microsoft enter this scene?
>>
>>388607473
I think they already tried, but I can be wrong, was it called shield or some shit? I can't remember.
>>
>>388607460
Exactly, waste of resources, better off dominating the console scene
>>
>>388607473
If they did they would make a system better than Sony's that's for sure.
>>
>>388607460
I'd get to buy a third handheld that has good japanese third party support?
>>
They can't just let Nintendo have the handheld market. Of course they're going to compete with them.
>>
>>388607604
Yeah, the Japanese will be forced into whatever successor the 3DS have, and drop their Japanese shit games all over it, if there is no other full fledged handheld to do it.
>>
It would be hilarious if it gets the MHW port
>>
>>388607847
They'll just keep going towards multiplat as a norm. They liked the vita crowd because they bought shit religiously and they didn't need to sell as much to break even vs other platforms. They'd really like that to still be a thing.
>>
>>388607450
how the fuck do you lose grip on the vita sticks unless you're a ball made of sweat?

>On top of that the material they used is extremely cheap.
that's what i constantly felt about the 3ds analog

>It's not going to dig into your hands unless you're grossly obese
it digs into your palm thanks to this thing called gravity because it weighs like a brick plus the fact that it has far more vertical length than any of other 2, moron.

>provides less grip in general
people play fucking rhythm games on it. if you somehow can't grip these get your obesity and body grease checked.
>>
>>388602087
>Rumors were about Sony releasing a new hardware in 2018.
>It's a handheld
>yfw it's a fucking copy pasta of the Switch but more poweful.
>>
>>388604771
>and the world probably isn't ready for digital-only yet
I will NEVER be ready for a digital only world yet. I have proudly never paid for a digital game, and never will
>>
>>388608105
I'd be pretty happy.

It's be a beefed up switch third parties would actually want to touch, with decent online and no amiibos.
>>
File: 1499386554222.jpg (47KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1499386554222.jpg
47KB, 640x640px
>empty as fuck store
>shelves all filled to the brim
>price cuts everywhere which aren't helping move anything

Loving the meme that the vita does well in Japan. It's selling like shit, just like it always has in Japan as well as the rest of the world.

US sales - 171
EU sales - 2,549
Jap sales - 4,123
Global - 8,370

In what deluded world are you living in which those weekly numbers are good, especially when the 3DS still regularly sells 15-35k units a week in Japan alone.

>tfw you hack your shita and never touch it again because everything that is on the system is available elsewhere as a definitive version.
There has never been a handheld failure on the Vita level.
The Switch is going to be overtaking the vita's lifetime sales in a single year. Embarrassing.
>>
>>388608328
Yeah, the vita doesn't do anything in japan. All the devs who keep making games for it and stores that keep pushing the software are clearly stupid. You should call them.
>>
>>388608378
Vita system sales don't mean shit to software sales. The people who do have a Vita are pretty dedicated in buying shit, the same thing happened with the Wii U but the console is still a fucking failure.
>>
>>388608010
>how the fuck do you lose grip on the vita sticks unless you're a ball made of sweat?
Not a fan of reading are you
>small
>convex
>shit material
It doesn't even matter if you're sweating excessively or not, the thing just doesn't provide a good grip.

>it digs into your palm thanks to this thing called gravity
You make it sound like the thing is heavy enough for it to do such a thing when even the XL is lighter than a vita.
But seriously, unless you're a ball of lard or are purposely pushing it down its impossible for it to dig into your hands.

>people play fucking rhythm games on it
Yes and?
People also play rhythm games on the 3ds and Switch, what exactly was your point here?
>>
File: 12523763745747.png (806KB, 870x721px) Image search: [Google]
12523763745747.png
806KB, 870x721px
>>388608378
>All the devs who keep making games for it
Low quality literal kusoge by literal who devs who never end up making another game again because they developed for a shit system and have to put the games on the PS4 + Steam to actually move some copies.

The numbers do not lie.

[3DS] Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Square Enix, 07/29/17) – 67,705 (1,640,920)
[PS4] Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Square Enix, 07/29/17) – 49,543 (1,291,802)
[NSW] Splatoon 2 (Nintendo, 07/21/17) – 34,108 (949,737)
[3DS] The Snack World: Trejarers (Level-5, 08/10/17) – 25,674 (123,208)
[PS4] Dragon Quest X: All In One Package (Square Enix, 08/17/17) – 14,052 (New)
[NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 13,589 (646,483)
[NSW] Arms (Nintendo, 06/16/17) – 6,439 (203,722)
[3DS] Hey! Pikmin (Nintendo, 07/13/17) – 5,960 (120,710)
[3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf Amiibo+ (Nintendo, 11/23/16) – 5,789 (224,166)
[NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Limited Edition Included) (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 5,268 (566,032)
[PS4] Hitman: The Complete First Season (Square Enix, 08/10/17) – 5,214 (22,466)
[3DS] Pokemon Sun / Pokemon Moon (Nintendo, 11/18/16) – 5,048 (3,314,619)
[3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Koko, Doko Nan Desu? (Nippon Columbia, 07/20/17) – 4,934 (45,288)
[PS4] Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (SIE, 08/03/17) – 4,929 (42,476)
[3DS] Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and The Millionaires’ Conspiracy (Level-5, 07/20/17) – 4,848 (120,036)
[3DS] The Great Ace Attorney 2 (Limited Edition Included) (Capcom, 08/03/17) – 4,829 (85,447)
[PS4] Gundam Versus (Limited Edition Included) (Bandai Namco, 07/06/17) – 4,754 (162,712)
[PS4] Dragon’s Dogma Online Season 3 Limited Edition (Capcom, 08/17/17) – 4,590 (New)
[PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (SIE, 03/19/15) – 3,942 (1,195,570)
[3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 12/01/11) – 3,535 (2,806,124)

Look at all of those vita games selling in japa-
Oh wait, nevermind lmao.
>>
>>388604609
>nothing personal kid
>>
>>388608497
The point was that there's a clear reason the thing still gets large floor space and ad space in japan, because the thing has very strong attach rates, so ragging on stores displaying vita shit is kind of retarded.
>>
>>388608651
>pick week with no vita game launch
>SEE NOTHING SELLS I'M RIGHT AND ALL THE DEVS WHO KEEP MAKING VITA GAMES ARE WRONG!

lol
>>
>>388608651
>[3DS] The Snack World: Trejarers
what the actual fuck
>>
PLEASE SONY, MAKE IT EMULATE PS2 WITH GOOD FPS.
>>
File: sweetie.gif (141KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
sweetie.gif
141KB, 250x250px
>>388608752
The vita hasn't had a single relevant game in a long time, you silly cunt.

Previous week.

[3DS] Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Square Enix, 07/29/17) – 116,615 (1,573,216)
[3DS] The Snack World: Trejarers (Level-5, 08/10/17) – 97,534 (New)
[PS4] Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Square Enix, 07/29/17) – 91,147 (1,242,260)
[NSW] Splatoon 2 (Nintendo, 07/21/17) – 87,983 (915,628)
[NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 17,262 (632,894)
[PS4] Hitman: The Complete First Season (Square Enix, 08/10/17) – 17,252 (New)
[3DS] The Great Ace Attorney 2 (Limited Edition Included) (Capcom, 08/03/17) – 10,770 (80,618)
[PS4] Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 (Capcom, 08/10/17) – 8,537 (New)
[NSW] Arms (Nintendo, 06/16/17) – 7,866 (197,284)
[PS4] Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (SIE, 08/03/17) – 7,263 (37,647)
[3DS] Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and The Millionaires’ Conspiracy (Level-5, 07/20/17) – 7,131 (115,188)
[3DS] Hey! Pikmin (Nintendo, 07/13/17) – 6,863 (114,750)
[NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Limited Edition Included) (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 6,642 (560,764)
[3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Koko, Doko Nan Desu? (Nippon Columbia, 07/20/17) – 6,246 (40,354)
[3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf Amiibo+ (Nintendo, 11/23/16) – 5,380 (218,378)
[PS4] Gundam Versus (Limited Edition Included) (Bandai Namco, 07/06/17) – 4,873 (157,958)
[3DS] Pokemon Sun / Pokemon Moon (Nintendo, 11/18/16) – 4,865 (3,309,571)
[PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (SIE, 03/19/15) – 4,181 (1,191,628)
[NSW] 1-2-Switch (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 3,570 (242,742)
[3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 12/01/11) – 3,354 (2,802,588)

Shall I go on?
>>
>>388608802
>Sony
>good emulation
Don't count on it.
>>
>That shameless Vita promotion in Persona 5

Cmon guys, Japan still knows whats best
>>
>>388606247

>and ridge racer

make that shit 60 fps and im sold
>>
>>388608752
minecraft vita launched 2015, take that and run anon, cant see anybody winning with your argument
>>
>>388608873
Yeah, sure. If this is how you want to spend your night, by all means. Tell us how much more you know about the japanese market than the people who develop for it.
>>
>>388608873
post cute girls.
>>
>>388608873
>>388608651
the only thing that shows up is fucking minecraft, lmao
>>
>>388608645
>You make it sound like the thing is heavy enough for it to do such a thing when even the XL is lighter than a vita.
the N3DS is heavier than a slim vita and these has always been the subjects of discussion. why would I talk about outdated versions of each hardware?

>rhythm games on the 3ds and Switch
I was talking about real rhythm games and real rhythm game ports where you actually press buttons a lot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHxS1U7GAPQ&t=20s
If this kind of abuse doesn't cause you to lose grip, then it's your own fault for losing grip because you're a sweaty pig.
>>
File: 1496894691421.jpg (115KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1496894691421.jpg
115KB, 250x250px
>>388608873
>>388608651
>Uses the dragon quest launch month numbers
>Doesn't know that people don't launch anything against dragon quest in japan
>Thinks they know what's what in japan's game market
>>
>>388609076
thats been a month ago, a year has 12 months. only have 11 other months then anon
>>
>>388602087
So it anyone actually reading the article to realise this is bullshit?
>>
File: 1495448692503.jpg (1MB, 1280x1544px) Image search: [Google]
1495448692503.jpg
1MB, 1280x1544px
>>388609012
>the only thing that shows up is fucking minecraft, lmao
Brace yourself, it keeps fuckin' happening kek

>>388608987
Previous previous week.

[3DS] Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Square Enix, 07/29/17) – 300,714 (1,456,601)
[PS4] Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Square Enix, 07/29/17) – 200,798 (1,151,113)
[NSW] Splatoon 2 (Nintendo, 07/21/17) – 74,235 (827,646)
[3DS] The Great Ace Attorney 2 (Limited Edition Included) (Capcom, 08/03/17) – 69,848 (New)
[PS4] Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (SIE, 08/03/17) – 30,384 (New)
[NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 13,764 (615,633)
[3DS] Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and The Millionaires’ Conspiracy (Level-5, 07/20/17) – 12,699 (108,057)
[3DS] The Great Ace Attorney 1&2 Limited Edition (Capcom, 08/03/17) – 9,651 (New)
[3DS] Hey! Pikmin (Nintendo, 07/13/17) – 8,493 (107,887)
[NSW] Arms (Nintendo, 06/16/17) – 5,472 (189,417)
[NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Limited Edition Included) (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 5,304 (554,123)
[3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Koko, Doko Nan Desu? (Nippon Columbia, 07/20/17) – 34,107 (5,197)
[3DS] Pokemon Sun / Pokemon Moon (Nintendo, 11/18/16) – 4,321 (3,304,705)
[3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf Amiibo+ (Nintendo, 11/23/16) – 4,293 (212,998)
[PS4] Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (Square Enix, 07/13/17) – 4,217 (132,188)
[PS4] Gundam Versus (Limited Edition Included) (Bandai Namco, 07/06/17) – 3,948 (153,086)
[PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (SIE, 03/19/15) – 3,297 (1,187,447)
[PS4] Grand Theft Auto V (Low Price Version) (10/08/15) – 2,852 (372,514)
[3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 12/01/11) – 2,832 (2,799,235)
[3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo, 12/01/16) – 2,711 (1,069,884)

>Vita is doing well guys, I swear, you're just cherry picking!
>It's not like it's been barely selling 4k units a week and has no games of value being sold
>It's not like week after week nothing of value shows up on the weekly software sales list
>>
>>388609076
Anon, Minecraft is the only Vita game showing up there at all and it released in 2015.
In case you don't understand that means that minecraft had far more longevity than a vita game released this year in general.
>>
>>388609153
Nobody launches anything anywhere near DQ, anon.

You literally start seeing a huge shift in those lists once you pop before DQ launched.

You know this, you're looking at them.
>>
>>388608651
>>388608873
>>388609205
Realistically, how do vita users recover from this?
>>
>>388602087
not likely
if anything it would be android based and Japan only
>>
>>388609025
>PSP
Are you retarded? That's not even the same system you're talking about.
>>
File: 1488752724670.jpg (2MB, 2688x3800px) Image search: [Google]
1488752724670.jpg
2MB, 2688x3800px
>>388609205
I'm retarded, Break it down for me anon
>>
>>388609290
is that why there are all those 3DS and PS4 games selling alongside DQ?
>>
>>388609205
what's going on in this picture i like it
>>
>>388609340
I'm just not going to bother replying to him at this point. There's no winning against someone who denies facts.
>>
>>388609353
He's claiming vita games never sell ever by using a few weeks where no vita games launched to claim they never chart.
>>
File: 15236457587568.jpg (502KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
15236457587568.jpg
502KB, 1920x1080px
>>388609290
>You literally start seeing a huge shift in those lists once you pop before DQ launched.
What did the vita drone mean by this? No Dragon Quest in sight, no vita games either. Huh, strange.

[NSW] Splatoon 2 (Nintendo, 07/21/17) – 648,085 (New)
[3DS] Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and The Millionaires’ Conspiracy (Level-5, 07/20/17) – 70,867 (New)
[3DS] Hey! Pikmin (Nintendo, 07/13/17) – 21,628 (87,494)
[3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Koko, Doko Nan Desu? (Nippon Columbia, 07/20/17) – 20,883 (New)
[PS4] Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (Square Enix, 07/13/17) – 19,049 (119,813)
[NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 12,980 (588,028)
[NSW] Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (Limited Edition Included) (Marvelous, 07/20/17) – 10,247 (New)
[NSW] Arms (Nintendo, 06/16/17) – 7,984 (177,987)
[PS4] Gundam Versus (Limited Edition Included) (Bandai Namco, 07/06/17) – 6,665 (143,844)
[NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Limited Edition Included) (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 5,989 (543,016)
[3DS] Pokemon Sun / Pokemon Moon (Nintendo, 11/18/16) – 5,276 (3,295,102)
[PS4] Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] (Arc System Works, 07/20/17) – 5,013 (New)
[3DS] Ever Oasis (Nintendo, 07/13/17) – 4,511 (18,835)
[3DS] Monster Hunter XX (Capcom, 03/16/17) – 3,354 (1,546,392)
[PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (SIE, 03/19/15) – 3,331 (1,180,284)
[NSW] Cars 3: Driven to Win (Warner Bros., 07/20/17) – 3,220 (New)
[3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf Amiibo+ (Nintendo, 11/23/16) – 3,201 (205,098)
[PSV] World Election (Limited Edition Included) (GN Software, 07/20/17) – 3,017 (New)
[PS4] Grand Theft Auto V (Low Price Version) (Take-Two, 10/08/15) – 2,792 (366,844)
[NSW] 1-2-Switch (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 2,636 (233,737)

>>388609353
Moral of the story - The vita is fucking dog shit and flopped worldwide. The memes that state it does well in Japan are hilariously untrue.
4k hardware sales a week + no games in the top 15 and only shit like minecraft making it into the top 20. lel
>>
>>388609507
>[PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (SIE, 03/19/15) – 3,331 (1,180,284)
literally how???????
>>
>>388609507
>No vita games
>Two on the list
>>
>>388609507
>[PSV] World Election (Limited Edition Included) (GN Software, 07/20/17) – 3,017 (New)
Hey, we finally got one!

>>388609532
It's actually a decent port. It's pretty comfy.
>>
>>388609340
>you can't play PSP games on the vita
are you retarded?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAqKUGi-MiU&t=20s
>>
>>388609498
Ah.
>>
>>388605650
I'm surprised that people follow this dude, everything he's ever said about the Switch has been wrong
>>
>>388609485
>i can't refute anything so i'm just going to say he's factually wrong LOL!
Good to know. I'm even not the only person in the thread who pointed out the 3DS's trashcan ergonomics.
>>
>>388602087
>Nobody reads the fucking link.
it says NOWHERE that they're announcing a console at the fucking show. OP is a baiting asshole.
>>
File: IdfrAKc.jpg (216KB, 1188x1264px) Image search: [Google]
IdfrAKc.jpg
216KB, 1188x1264px
>>388602087
-blocks your path-
>>
>>388608158
This, the only reason I buy consoles, it's because I can buy games and do whatever I want with them, if consoles go digital only, I'll never buy one again.
>>
>>388609507
[3DS] Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology (Limited Edition Included) (Atlus, 06/29/17) – 24,596 (New)
[NSW] Arms (Nintendo, 06/16/17) – 19,307 (148,707)
[NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 14,423 (550,059)
[PSV] Osomatsu-san: The Game – Hachamecha Shuushoku Advice Dead or Work (Limited Editions Included) (Idea Factory, 06/29/17) – 11,579 (New)
[PS4] Portal Knights (Spike Chunsoft, 06/29/17) – 11,498 (New)
[3DS] The Alliance Alive (FuRyu, 06/22/17) – 10,085 (36,506)
[NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Limited Edition Included) (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 9,144 (522,182)
[3DS] Monster Hunter XX (Capcom, 03/16/17) – 6,003 (1,534,666)
[NSW] LEGO City Undercover (Warner Bros., 06/29/17) – 5,351 (New)
[PS4] Grand Theft Auto V (Low Price Version) (Take-Two, 10/08/15) – 3,927 (357,211)
[PS4] Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Falcom, 05/25/17) – 3,681 (56,687)
[PS4] Call of Duty: Black Ops III Game of the Year Edition (SIE, 06/29/17) – 3,244 (New)
[PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (SIE, 03/19/15) – 3,175 (1,170,416)
[PSV] Tsumigui: Sen no Noroi, Sen no Inori for V (Dramatic Create, 06/29/17) – 3,105 (New)
[3DS] Pokemon Sun / Pokemon Moon (Nintendo, 11/18/16) – 3,069 (3,281,483)
[PSV] Karumaka Circle (Limited Edition Included) (Entergram, 06/29/17) – 2,937 (New)
[3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf Amiibo+ (Nintendo, 11/23/16) – 2,880 (195,892)
[3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X (Bandai Namco, 04/27/17) – 2,764 (172,897)
[PS4] Rainbow Six Siege (12/10/15) – 2,575 (208,764)
[3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo, 12/01/16) – 2,470 (1,057,256)
>>
The vita is still getting games though, and good games at that.
>>
File: 15236376457548568.png (250KB, 817x560px) Image search: [Google]
15236376457548568.png
250KB, 817x560px
>>388609550
>Minecraft yet again
>Some literal who dog shit game
Incredible...japan truly loves the vita...they're just not buying any or any games for it...h-haha

[PS4] Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (Square Enix, 07/13/17) – 100,764 (New)
[3DS] Hey! Pikmin (Nintendo, 07/13/17) – 65,867 (New)
[PS4] Gundam Versus (Limited Edition Included) (Bandai Namco, 07/06/17) – 15,734 (137,178)
[3DS] Ever Oasis (Nintendo, 07/13/17) – 14,325 (New)
[NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 11,554 (575,048)
[3DS] 100% Pascal-Sensei: Kanpeki Point Bombers (Konami, 07/13/17) – 9,113 (New)
[NSW] Arms (Nintendo, 06/16/17) – 8,642 (170,003)
[NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Limited Edition Included) (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 7,015 (537,027)
[NSW] Super Bomberman R (Konami, 03/03/17) – 5,200 (97,123)
[3DS] Pokemon Sun / Pokemon Moon (Nintendo, 11/18/16) – 4,938 (3,289,826)
[PS4] Hakoniwa Company Works (NIS, 07/13/17) – 4,586 (New)
[3DS] Monster Hunter XX (Capcom, 03/16/17) – 4,045 (1,543,038)
[PS4] Grand Theft Auto V (Low Price Version) (Take-Two, 10/08/15) – 3,251 (364,052)
[3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf Amiibo+ (Nintendo, 11/23/16) – 3,201 (201,897)
[PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (SIE, 03/19/15) – 3,169 (1,176,952)
[PS4] Omega Labyrinth Z (D3 Publisher, 07/06/17) – 3,062 (12,381)
[3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X (Bandai Namco, 04/27/17) – 2,458 (177,949)
[3DS] Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology (Limited Edition Included) (Atlus, 06/29/17) – 2,433 (32,377)
[PS4] Call of Duty: Black Ops III Game of the Year Edition (SIE, 06/29/17) – 2,417 (8,947)
[3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo, 12/01/16) – 2,392 (1,062,057)

What's the excuse for this month being barren too? What happened, I thought japs loved it?
>>
>>388609507
Hi again. Now I know who you are
>>
>>388609745
>What's the excuse for this month being barren too?
That that's a weekly chart?

Go to the week before that.
>>
>>388609575
So, first you post the wrong system and then you post one that's extremely dark and of a completely different game.
On top of that you're trying to move the goal posts to PSP games being playable on the vita when that wasn't even the topic to begin with.

Christ, are all you Vitards consumed by such buyers remorse that you'll go to such lengths to prove your point despite failing time and time again?
>>
>the article doesn't mention anything
>go in the thread anyway to see if there's really a new handheld
>it's full of brain damaged console war kids
Why aren't these faggots collectively shipped to a mental hospital yet?
>>
>>388609745
>>Some literal who dog shit game
That's the Vita in a nutshell m8
>>
File: 1532643745745745.jpg (65KB, 389x694px) Image search: [Google]
1532643745745745.jpg
65KB, 389x694px
>>388609829
You do realize how many weeks are in a month, right? I've been posting week after week.

[PS4] Gundam Versus (Limited Edition Included) (Bandai Namco, 07/06/17) – 121,444 (New)
[NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 13,436 (563,495)
[NSW] Arms (Nintendo, 06/16/17) – 12,653 (161,361)
[PS4] Omega Labyrinth Z (D3 Publisher, 07/06/17) – 9,320 (New)
[PSV] Omega Labyrinth Z (D3 Publisher, 07/06/17) – 8,821 (New)
[NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Limited Edition Included) (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 7,830 (530,012)
[3DS] Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology (Limited Edition Included) (Atlus, 06/29/17) – 5,349 (29,945)
[3DS] Monster Hunter XX (Capcom, 03/16/17) – 4,328 (1,538,993)
[PS4] Grand Theft Auto V (Low Price Version) (Take-Two, 10/08/15) – 3,589 (360,800)
[3DS] Pokemon Sun / Pokemon Moon (Nintendo, 11/18/16) – 3,405 (3,284,888)
[PS4] Portal Knights (Spike Chunsoft, 06/29/17) – 3,389 (14,888)
[PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (SIE, 03/19/15) – 3,368 (1,173,784)
[PS4] Call of Duty: Black Ops III Game of the Year Edition (SIE, 06/29/17) – 3,286 (6,350)
[3DS] The Alliance Alive (FuRyu, 06/22/17) – 3,072 (39,578)
[PS4] Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Falcom, 05/25/17) – 2,877 (59,564)
[3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf Amiibo+ (Nintendo, 11/23/16) – 2,804 (198,696)
[3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X (Bandai Namco, 04/27/17) – 2,594 (175,491)
[PS4] Rainbow Six Siege (12/10/15) – 2,445 (211,210)
[3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo, 12/01/16) – 2,409 (1,059,665)
[PS4] NieR: Automata (Square Enix, 02/23/17) – 2,253 (352,096)

Still barren as fuck, what went wrong lads?
3rd month of nothing.
>>
>>388609838
I own all 3 systems because I'm not a retarded cuck like all the console war kiddies in this thread. Do you know what the fucking topic was? The ergonomics of each of them.
>>388606619
>>388606619
You ran your mouth about WAAAAH MUH GRIPS and were replied with "here are videos of people playing video games that stress the handling of the system, bro"
Illiterate cunt. Don't ever reply to me again.
>>
>>388609632
>I'm even not the only person in the thread who pointed out the 3DS's trashcan ergonomics.
You are.
You're also the only person in the tread who thinks that convex shapes provide better grip than concave which is factually incorrect.
>>
>>388609745
I wonder why you skipped this week.

[3DS] Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Square Enix, 07/29/17) – 1,148,888 (New)
[PS4] Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Square Enix, 07/29/17) – 950,315 (New)
[NSW] Splatoon 2 (Nintendo, 07/21/17) – 105,326 (753,411)
[3DS] Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and The Millionaires’ Conspiracy (Level-5, 07/20/17) – 24,491 (95,358)
[NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 13,841 (601,869)
[3DS] Hey! Pikmin (Nintendo, 07/13/17) – 11,900 (99,394)
[PS4] Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (Square Enix, 07/13/17) – 8,158 (127,971)
[3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Koko, Doko Nan Desu? (Nippon Columbia, 07/20/17) – 8,027 (28,910)
[PSV] Kenka Bancho Otome: My Honey of Absolute Perfection (Spike Chunsoft, 07/27/17) – 6,931 (New)
[NSW] Arms (Nintendo, 06/16/17) – 5,959 (183,945)
[NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Limited Edition Included) (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 5,803 (548,819)
[PS4] Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy (Bandai Namco, 07/27/17) – 5,626 (New)
[PS4] Gundam Versus (Limited Edition Included) (Bandai Namco, 07/06/17) – 5,294 (149,137)
[3DS] Pokemon Sun / Pokemon Moon (Nintendo, 11/18/16) – 5,283 (3,300,384)
[PS4] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (SIE, 07/27/17) – 4,879 (New)
[PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (SIE, 03/19/15) – 3,867 (1,184,150)
[3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf Amiibo+ (Nintendo, 11/23/16) – 3,607 (208,705)
[PSV] Wagamama High Spec (Limited Edition Included) (iMel, 07/27/17) – 3,062 (New)
[PSV] The Fruit of Grisaia: Side Episode (Prototype, 07/27/17) – 3,052 (New)
[PSV] Hiiro no Kakera: Omoi Iro no Kioku (Limited Edition Included) (Idea Factory, 07/27/17) – 2,914 (New)
>>
>>388609961
I mean, you skipped a week that didn't work for you, but you probably don't want to talk about that.
>>
>>388609974
All this time and you still can't realise that more than one anon was talking to you?
That's pretty pathetic anon.
And if you didn't notice the majority of your conversation was about the fucking vita. It doesn't matter how it started off if you were only talking about one thing you retard.
>>
>>388610074
>4 new Vita games
>only one sells more than 3100
>>
>>388602087
I hope Sony has plans to slowly update their platform. I mean, you can't even change your own name. And why not multimedia support like the PS3 had? The PS3 was the perfect multimedia machine.
>>
>>388609961
>3rd month
>August, only part of july

Do you need to be reminded of how many weeks are in a month anon?
>>
>>388610180
I'm guessing they don't want to run into another OtherOS situation when they inevitably remove features.
>>
>>388602087
If they do release a new handheld, it'll likely be Japan only. Sony has so little faith in the Vita for the west that they only advertised the PlayStation TV as a PS4 streaming device and completely omitted that is plays Vita games.
>>
>>388610252
I don't get it.
>I wish they would add features now
>No because they'll remove them eventually
???
>>
>>388610137
No, it was about the vita and the n3ds, as you could gather from the comparisons of the weight and edges. If you dicked into a conversation intermittently at least read it thoroughly before making a retard out of yourself.
>>
File: 1253263474574587.jpg (990KB, 1000x1531px) Image search: [Google]
1253263474574587.jpg
990KB, 1000x1531px
>>388609987
This tbqhwy.
The Vita is a handcramp inducing pile of shit.

Out of every handheld I've owned, which is all of them, the vita is by far the worst ergonomically.
Without a grip it's flat out unplayable for even 20 minutes without causing severe handcramp. With a grip it's still a piece of shit that cannot be played for over 2 hours.

>>388610127
An honest mistake.
See - >>388610127 though.
Those games still sold like complete and utter shit regardless on the one week it had more than minecraft in the top 20.
>>
>>388610271
The PSTV is the cheapest and most convenient way to realize the Vita has no games.
>>
>>388610180
The vita had multimedia support. It's pretty safe to say any new hardware they make will, just maybe not for discs.
>>
It means Nintendo isn't getting Monster Hunter Portable World
>>
File: 57555512_p0.jpg (541KB, 1177x1000px) Image search: [Google]
57555512_p0.jpg
541KB, 1177x1000px
>>388610340
Harsh..
>>
>>388610340
So for someone with big manly hands I won't enjoy it? I still think I want one.
>>
>>388602087
The only winning move would be a Phone/gameconsole handheld shit, with android
>>
>>388610340
I disagree, the Vita is awesome. It's bigger than the PSP so it's easier to hold, but also has the best dpad I've sen in years.
>>
>>388610436
I can palm a basketball and the thing is comfortable enough that I have no complaints.

Unless he's a sasquatch or has deformed hands I have no idea what his issue is.
>>
>>388610473
Can you personally compare the feel of the two different models?
>>
File: 15326437457457547.png (406KB, 496x700px) Image search: [Google]
15326437457457547.png
406KB, 496x700px
>>388610340
Whoops, fucked up. See >>388610153 *

>>388610436
My hands aren't really too big or too small, they're average size. My fingers still dangle at the bottom though since there's nothing to grip onto, and that right there is what causes the hand cramps.
>>
>>388602087
If they can come up with something like the vita without all the proprietary mem card shit and actual support, why not ?
>>
>>388610498
Not him but I can.

1000 has better heft and I like the thickness more, but the 2000 feels fine. It's much lighter, but the back panel material has great grip, so unless you clutch and claw your system like a beast it feels a lot like the 1000
>>
>>388610585
>My fingers still dangle at the bottom though
So like every handheld since none of them have handles.
>>
>>388610498
I've only used the 1000 for a few minutes, but there is a difference. For me, it's too bulky and heavy (Same problem I had with the PSP 1000). The 2000 also has bigger pads on the back so you're never accidentally prodding the back touch panel. On the whole, it's a lot comfier.
>>
>>388610495
I have a moderate hand and it's also the most comfortable handheld I've used.
The 3DS almost retriggered by carpal tunnel. It's even thinner than a slim vita when opened, the shoulder buttons are pretty fucking uncomfortable to press because of how small they are, and the edges aren't round enough. No idea how people are even defending this.
>>
>>388610473
It's bigger than the PSP but that doesn't do it any favours because everything else is smaller.
>>
File: 7905777116.png (483KB, 700x447px) Image search: [Google]
7905777116.png
483KB, 700x447px
I wish nintendo or sony would make one of these today. Hell, I'd even purchase a microsoft produced one. Nokia and Microsoft already make cellphones together, and Sony also makes cellphones, so it could happen, right anons?
I know you can emulate games on smartphones, but I don't want to have to carry a controller around just for those random times I have time to play a game but no access to a PC or console.
>>
>>388609987
>You are.
>>388605368 >>388606557 >>388606619 >>388606689
Please kill yourself
>>
>>388602087
If they drop the XZ Compact as expected, and if they release another portable they might just take all my fucking money.
>>
>>388610710
I can't use a new 3ds or base 3ds. it's like playing on a piece of floor tile.

Reaching my thumb down for the dpad was a total pain.
>>
File: 12532634747457.jpg (100KB, 850x891px) Image search: [Google]
12532634747457.jpg
100KB, 850x891px
>>388610652
No, not like every handheld.
Switch is large enough that my fingers can comfortably lean on the back of the system without any fingers dangling at the bottom of the system.
Same with the 3DS.
>>
>>388610801
I want to see how you hold your 3ds vs how you hold your vita.

There's even less to grip on the back of the 3ds than the vita.
>>
>>388609987
>who thinks that convex shapes provide better grip than concave
holy mother of illiteracy. read >>388607190 again and point out where it was said that convex shapes provide better grip than concave
>>
>>388610798
>Reaching my thumb down for the dpad was a total pain.
Now you know how most people feel with a vita and Dualshock. And they've done that for the major form of movement.
>>
File: 1481473984748.png (107KB, 283x439px) Image search: [Google]
1481473984748.png
107KB, 283x439px
>>388610801
Does it matter?
>>
File: gru.jpg (26KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
gru.jpg
26KB, 512x512px
>>388602087
Why the flying fuck would Sony invest in another handheld at this point?

Sony's most successful venture is their home console business in the west. Best to focus on that than another niche handheld no one will buy.
>>
>>388602087
Has anyone ever bought a vita, and then bought the other model instead?
>>
>>388610764
>nintendo or sony
naw, probably gonna be google or facebook at this point in time
>>
>>388610932
At least those aren't right above each other.

Being out to the side lets you just swing your thumb rather than crunching it in.

over under control placement is and always has been horrid ergonomically. Just about the worst thing you can do.
>>
>>388602087
>New handheld
How does that make any fucking sense from a business perspective? Just drop the propitiatory sd cards and begin re-advertising the amazing handheld product you already fucking have. Did they seriously drop money on R&D making a new handheld? I refuse to believe they're this fucking retarded.
>>
>>388602636
quit being a fanboy
>>
>>388610798
>Reaching my thumb down for the dpad was a total pain.
On a scale of 1 to 10 how deformed are you?
>>
>>388611194
The vita is old shit fuck that
>>
>>388611338
0. I just have big hands and controls that let you swing the thumb out to reach, like every basic controller nowadays does with the tilt offset for control features, is way easier to use than say the 3ds dpad, that required I bend my thumb inward to use it in the few games that made me bounce between it and the thumbpad.

If you are only using one or the other it can work, but having to use both is not comfortable.
>>
>>388611194
At least read the link before posting. It doesn't say anything about a new handheld.
>>
>>388611459
>It doesn't say anything about a new handheld.
That's because there won't be one. They aren't that stupid.
>>
>micro$oft makes more comfortable controllers than both sony and ninty
shaking my head
>>
File: 1503707105772.png (102KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
1503707105772.png
102KB, 300x256px
Lol the last good one was psp, why the fuck would they make anither handheld when the vita is owned solely by weebs?
>>
>>388602087
RIP Switch
>>
>>388608893
60in 1080p mode or 120 in 720p mode
>>
File: 1494922841541.png (353KB, 710x842px) Image search: [Google]
1494922841541.png
353KB, 710x842px
>>388602636
>>
>>388611563
it's owned by weebs because they make games for them
>>
>>388602087
Will buy if true, I'll take any competition I can get to Nintendo. Monopolies are never a good thing.
>>
File: 1502710851469.jpg (65KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
1502710851469.jpg
65KB, 411x412px
>>388603598
The only worthwhile games on 3DS are all MH games and RF4. If not for these games, I would never have bought this shitty weakass handheld whose gimmick is outputting visuals in 3D, which no one cares.
>>
>>388602087
Based SONY, they killed Micrososft, and now, they will kill Nintendo. Can't wait to have only Sony dominating the game industry.
>>
>>388611860
Which also has shit sales so it's not worth it
>>
>>388612083
god i can't remember the last time i fucking used that feature
it's neat but it hurts my eyes and the battery

also I exclusively use it for DSN-12 now, it's not even a game console to me anymore
>>
[PSV] Osomatsu-san: The Game – Hachamecha Shuushoku Advice Dead or Work (Limited Editions Included) (Idea Factory, 06/29/17) – 11,579 (New)
[PSV] Kenka Bancho Otome: My Honey of Absolute Perfection (Spike Chunsoft, 07/27/17) – 6,931 (New)

[PSV] Tsumigui: Sen no Noroi, Sen no Inori for V (Dramatic Create, 06/29/17) – 3,105 (New)
>[PSV] Wagamama High Spec (Limited Edition Included) (iMel, 07/27/17) – 3,062 (New)
>[PSV] The Fruit of Grisaia: Side Episode (Prototype, 07/27/17) – 3,052 (New)
>[PSV] Hiiro no Kakera: Omoi Iro no Kioku (Limited Edition Included) (Idea Factory, 07/27/17) – 2,914 (New)

So what i've taken away from all if these charts posted back and forth, is that Vita games only chart for a single week, where they sell 3k and then drop off completely. The exceptions to these are Minecraft that sells 3K every week, an Otome game that pulled 6k before dropping off completely, and an anime tie in game that pulled 11k before dropping off completely.

For reference, Mario Kart 7; a game released in 2011, is still selling 3k copies every week in Japan.
>>
File: IMG_1489.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1489.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
as someone who doesn't have ps1/2/3, the vita does a pretty decent job of letting me play some of the ps3 titles while on the way to the refinery. granted, they are old titles (or upgraded versions such as atelier+ or p4g) but without the vita i wouldn't have played them at all. i do agree that the technology of the vita is already dated (even a crappy iphone could possibly perform better that it). i suspect that the vita is a poor return for anyone who does own the main console.

for the record, i also own a n3ds and i liked rune factory 4 and stella glow a lot so take that as you will. i have yet to play any pokemon on it though.
Thread posts: 267
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.