[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have video games always been as bad as they are now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1483904709552-1.png (532KB, 800x584px) Image search: [Google]
1483904709552-1.png
532KB, 800x584px
Have video games always been as bad as they are now?
>>
>>388592318
Nah. DLC out the ass and less content in almost every sequel is terrible.
>>
Games only got better.
But I'm not talking about the mainstream shit /v/ loves to hate, I'm talking about the good games.
>>
>>388592318
in a way, video games were pretty bad back then. but that really depends on how you quantify "bad". because desu, back in the days video games didnt tell you how to think. because of its simplicity, and straight forwardness, players end up challenging themselves when playing a game. how many times have you tried playing contra and not dying?
nowadays games do a fair amount of hand holding. that's partly due to systems becoming more and more complex that in order for the player to understand the goal of a system, there's a fair amount of abstract thinking being involved as opposed to showing them which button does what. in a lot of ways, modern games often feel like the tutorial doesnt even finish until half way through the game.
but more complex systems mean more immersion. the more a game forces you to engage it from multiple angle, the more immersive and lasting it will be. how many times have you sat in a vent channel with your buddy just bullshitting and /dancing on an orgrimmar mailbox? how is it that people have such deep attachment to their guilds in world of warcraft?
though i think the industry as a whole forgot what games are to its core. they hare evolved a very twisted way of understanding "fun". games aren't social experiments, games aren't movie wannabe, and games aren't meant to push political messages. games reward winners and games are competitive and cooperative down to its very core. somehow we forgot those two principles: competitiveness, cooperation.
>>
>>388593329
every single game has day one dlc bugs cut content repurposed for dlc misused budget and less content than before. if they decoded to charge more for the games we would still be in the same boat
>>
>>388592318
No. Video games have stayed mostly the same. Good and shit games back then, and good and shit games now.
>>
>>388593502
I see you are one of the entry level /v/tards that only know and buy what you see on TV.
>>
>>388593743
i dont buy shit unless the devs are guaranteed to make $0 off me. i will continue to parrot this shit because its fucking true.
>>
>>388592318
No, we just grew older.
>>
File: 1489099213454.jpg (24KB, 416x554px) Image search: [Google]
1489099213454.jpg
24KB, 416x554px
>>388594137
this desu
>>
>>388594137
We grew older AND games got shittier pham.
>>
>>388592318
No, as others have said before me games used to at least be COMPLETE back then. Now it's all Early Access / Buy 3 Season Passes / And a Bajilion pieces of DLC
>>
>anon has shit taste and is only interested in the shittiest games, ignores actually good games because it's "indie shit" or "pretentious" or because of other stupid buzzwords
>blames the industry
>>
>>388593915
>i dont buy shit unless the devs are guaranteed to make $0 off me

this is a real thing written by a real human, that I read on the internet today

jesus christ what am I doing here I am too old for this shit
>>
File: 1474616739450~01~01.png (338KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1474616739450~01~01.png
338KB, 600x450px
>>388594374
>games used to at least be COMPLETE back then
>>
Pseudonostalgiafags are the worst.
Games literally only improved, sure there's a bunch of shit too but you just have to try looking a bit harder instead of bitching about things you don't understand.
>>
Pull up any old post from the 90s and you'll see the criticism towards video games back then is similar to today. I'm not going to spoonfeed any of you, just google it.

I laughed at a post a week or two ago here on /v/, whining about how CRPG's are dead, and the last good ones where BG1/2, Arcanum, Fallout, then someone posted the exact same argument, from '98.

Feel free to argue with me, call me a faggot, and tell me to kill myself. You're here to complain because you have nothing else going on with your life, all you have are video games and no other hobbies. Normal people don't come online to complain about video games, they play them in between other hobbies and talking to friends.

tl;dr, you're all losers. Fuck you.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.