[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legacy of Kain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: kain.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kain.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
I may be over ten years late for this, but I finally played the Legacy of Kain series : Blood Omen, Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance, in that order. Not Blood Omen 2 yet, but as far as I understand it's not relevant to the plot.

Now, as you know, the story is one gigantic mindfuck. Re-reading the script of the games helps a lot, but there are still some questions I need answered.

1) After Raziel removes Kain's heart in Defiance, what brings him back to life ? Is this sheer plot armor ?
2) The Staff of Moebius drains vampiric power, from both 'natural' and 'converted' vampires. But why does it also drain the power of the Soul Reaver in its wraith form ?
3) When Mortanius created the cult of Hash'ak'gik under the cathedral, was he doing so under the influence of the hylden lord ? The cult directly benefits the Hylden, and Mortanius works against them, but it's usually visible when he's being possessed.
4) The creature in the cult of Hash'ak'gik is actually Turel, in the monstrous form he presumably takes during the SR1 era (centuries after Raziel is cast into the pit). Yet, Turel/Hash'ak'gik is encountered in the cathedral during the BO1 era, at a time when Turel wasn't even raised as a vampire yet. How ?
5) At the end of Defiance, Kain sneaks up on Moebius and kills him. But at that point, Moebius should already have been killed by the younger version of Kain, after the execution of Vorador. We know this since the pillars are already collapsing at that point, meaning that young Kain has killed all nine pillar guardians, including Moebius.
>>
>>388565354
we could've gotten the answers, but we got Nosgoth instead.

RIP Legacy of Kain series.
>>
>>388565354
You should have started the thread with a good bait, now it's almost dead
>>
File: DC11.gif (539KB, 1058x1191px) Image search: [Google]
DC11.gif
539KB, 1058x1191px
>>388567214
Something like
>"""villains""" who did nothing wrong
But it's still possible to have some good discussion on /v/; the problem with games like these is just that it's very tricky to get enough interested anons in the same thread at the same time.
>>
>>388565354
>2) The Staff of Moebius drains vampiric power, from both 'natural' and 'converted' vampires. But why does it also drain the power of the Soul Reaver in its wraith form ?
Isn't the Soul Reaver just Raziel? Raziel is/was a vampire before he became a ghost sword and wound up wielding himself.
my head is already starting to hurt
>>
>1) After Raziel removes Kain's heart in Defiance, what brings him back to life ? Is this sheer plot armor ?

he's a vampire he don't need no heart to live. plus a heart of a vamp is probably closer to a soul, which is why moby can't control him with no heart
>>
>>388565354
>Re-reading the script of the games helps a lot, but there are still some questions I need answered.

tl;dr - Plot ends never get resolved.
The writing was atrocious from start to finish. Don't let all the pseudo-intellectual philosophical babble fool you - the writers had no idea where they were going from the series' conception.
>>
>>388565354
>1) After Raziel removes Kain's heart in Defiance, what brings him back to life ? Is this sheer plot armor ?
yes, he is the "chosen one so he can't die" even if they tried to explain things with the soul reaver cut in two
>2) The Staff of Moebius drains vampiric power, from both 'natural' and 'converted' vampires. But why does it also drain the power of the Soul Reaver in its wraith form ?
who knows
>3) When Mortanius created the cult of Hash'ak'gik under the cathedral, was he doing so under the influence of the hylden lord ? The cult directly benefits the Hylden, and Mortanius works against them, but it's usually visible when he's being possessed.
in defiance we learned he wanted vampires out, since the cult is directly opposed to vampires, hyldens aren't the objective
>4) The creature in the cult of Hash'ak'gik is actually Turel, in the monstrous form he presumably takes during the SR1 era (centuries after Raziel is cast into the pit). Yet, Turel/Hash'ak'gik is encountered in the cathedral during the BO1 era, at a time when Turel wasn't even raised as a vampire yet. How ?
they didn't have the time to put him in SR1 and we got the slightly strong genereic enemy instead, that's it, he was supposed to be like all his brothers and they wanted to add him in, nothing more than a mistake
>5) At the end of Defiance, Kain sneaks up on Moebius and kills him. But at that point, Moebius should already have been killed by the younger version of Kain, after the execution of Vorador. We know this since the pillars are already collapsing at that point, meaning that young Kain has killed all nine pillar guardians, including Moebius.
Moebius just came back and tried his necromancy powers, but was put out by kain before doing anything else

at least that's how I remember the events
>>
>>388569357
nobody cares about your autism
>>
>>388569357
>pseudo-intellectual philosophical babble
Did we play the same games ? The only philosophical concept is free will or lack thereof, and that's easy enough to grasp. The rest of the story is just layers upon layers of schemes and trickeries.
>>
File: 1485016072934.png (722KB, 1263x3316px) Image search: [Google]
1485016072934.png
722KB, 1263x3316px
>>388569121
That makes sense, towards the end I kinda forgot about Raziel being a vampire first and foremost. And he also is/will be/has always been the soul reaver, so that explains it.

>>388569223
>he don't need no heart to live
But the heart of darkness was specifically what made him into a vampire, and sustained his unlife.

>>388569425
>Moebius just came back and tried his necromancy powers
Mortanius is the Necromancer, Moebius has no reason to have such powers. But now that I think of it, the Elder God might have brought him back : after all he begs him to do it again after old Kain kills him.
>>
>>388570625
Don't post that image. It's really wrong on a few points.
>>
>>388570949
I saved that image months ago and never read it, since I had to play the games first to understand. Now that I did, I also find that some important points are missing or plain wrong. But I tought I might as well post it anyway, since I've kept it on my harddrive all this time.
>>
>>388571643
Good man.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.