[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (179KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[3].jpg
179KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>388551106
Better question is who cares?
>>
Egoraptor
Just let your friend figure out what the fuck he is supposed to do. You were already winning by a long shot.
>But muh fair competition
Stop being an asshole.
>>
>>388551256
I care anon.
>>
>>388551106
Arin was right, but he pissed and moaned and whined so much, I don't blame Jon for clamming up.
>>
>>388551257
They both started with the same information, which is none. Jon figured something about the game out instantly on his very first jump, so it's clearly just mashing one of the four buttons.
>>
>>388551721
>But muh fair competition
Stop being an asshole.
>>
>>388551938
>dude just go to an elementary school and beat up kids, stop being an asshole
>>
>>388551938
It's completely fair, why should I tell you how im beating you in a contest?
>>
Jon was absolutely right.

They both had the same amount of time, it's a Game Grumps VERSUS, they are competing against each other, if Arin can't figure it out it's his own problem. Jon has no obligation to tell his competitor how to compete.
>>
>>388551106
>mash a bunch of buttons until something happens
>if the thing that happens worked, do it again
It's not that fucking hard.
>>
File: 34756-Nickelodeon_GUTS_(USA)-1.jpg (40KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
34756-Nickelodeon_GUTS_(USA)-1.jpg
40KB, 475x347px
One often asks, "Does any power exist greater than knowledge?" If one possesses knowledge, they can rule the world, and this has been mankind's ongoing struggle since we developed frontal lobes substantial enough to begin reasoning and learning and exploring. The ability to receive sensory input, process it, and create output which maps closest to the reality you've perceived is the cutting edge of humanity's broad sword it has conquered the world with. To gain and apply knowledge is the hallmark of human ingenuity and dominance.

The logical question then arises, "When does one share knowledge, and therefor, power?" And this has been the greatest instigator of conflict we've ever faced. Who do you give the gift of knowledge to? The easiest answer is your friends and allies, someone you trust to use the knowledge to create benefits to yourself, themselves, and everyone else. But is it ever appropriate to give knowledge to your competitor? Your enemy?

This is the conundrum proposed in Game Grumps episodes centering around the hit Ninendo Entertainment System game, "Nickelodeon: GUTS". Jon has gained the apple of the tree in the garden, he has eaten the fruit, he has gained knowledge which has cursed him. He learned based on experience how to land his character in the dunk competition, and for his newfound information he is cast out of favour. But why would he give the knowledge and power of execution to someone with which he is competing? Is a friend a friend when they are an enemy? Does someone owe i to their opponents to even a playing field by ensuring that their knowledge is equal? What should Jon have done? Was it right for Arin to be enraged that Jon would not share the fruit with him? This raises broader questions about entitlement felt by those who have not earned, but wish to have. Does Arin's temper tanrum validate Jon's refusal to gift him with what he has learned, showing that he is too immature to handle the power that comes with that knowledge?
>>
>>388554364
ALWAYS.
BET.
ON.
CHANCE.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdu1fr
>>
>>388553105

this desu. If I was playing a co-op game with a friend then I'd outline basic controls they might need to know. The set-up of GGVersus basically enforces the inverse of this, because the moment they fire up to record then it's expected the two are going in blind. If Jon picked up something in that short notice, then naturally he isn't going to help his opponent in the midst of the competition.
>>
NOT
VIDEO
GAMES
>>
File: 1493398837742.png (299KB, 500x673px) Image search: [Google]
1493398837742.png
299KB, 500x673px
Jon was (as always) right.

You might think it's a dick move not to help your friend out in a friendly game, but that's not what they were playing. It's game grumps fucking versus, they're playing to entertain. So Arin flailing around crying was greatly entertaining. Jon telling him what to do would've spoiled that.
>>
If they were actually competing (which they were because it was a VS episode), then Jon had all rights to keep that knowledge for himself. Arin didn't see it as a competition and wasn't taking it seriously, because he's a lazy cunt and still is to this day.
>>
>>388551106
They were competing, so Jon was right. But because they were friends, Jon should have told Arin.
>>
i miss old game grumps bros. this shit wouldnt have happened if danny was there
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.