[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon Quest thread bois

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4255.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4255.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Bianca is the best wife btw.
>>
I'm an autist, should I start off with Dragon Warrior I or Dragon Quest IV?
>>
>>388529289
Start with Dragon Warrior 1 & 2 for the GBC. It includes all the advancements that 1 & 2 SNES did for the game, but it's actually playable. The SNES translation patch introduces a ton of glitches including several game-breaking ones where if you don't have a save before you induced them, then too bad fuck you.

As for the other games, there are only two orders you have to pay attention to. Dragon Quest 1, 2, and 3 should be played in order, and Dragon Quest 4, 5, and 6 should also be played in order. Other than that, you have free reign.
>>
>>388529289
Dragon Warrior 1. The initial three games make a great trilogy that deserve to be played in order. May as well start out with it.
>>
File: 1320248341886.jpg (32KB, 327x280px) Image search: [Google]
1320248341886.jpg
32KB, 327x280px
>Use to think tales and trails were the longest RPGs around
>finally get to DQ7
>30 hours before I even get jobs
>60 before I even meet Merlin
>As far I can tell this is maybe the halfway point
>>
>>388529874
Oh, bro, nah. If you want soul-consuming long RPGs, you need to look towards western RPGs during the golden age, aka 1998-2007, where the average completion time was something like 300 hours. Dragon Quests a breath of fresh air in that they're just long enough.
>>
File: dragonquest.jpg (437KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
dragonquest.jpg
437KB, 1536x2048px
>>388529874
The original on PS1 is famous for being 80+ hours on just the first disk. My last save is around the 120+ hour mark my 2nd (or 3rd) time through the game.
>>
Never change DQ
https://youtu.be/8Jk1k1Lybyo
>>
Does anyone else think that DQV is a little overrated? I've been playing through it recently, and frankly I find it slightly below average from the other DQs in general.
>>
>>388530049
I don't really. I was just shocked because 1-6 were all relatively short for me. Except for 2 I guess but that was just grinding a lot.
>>
>>388530539
it basically pioneered a lot for RPGs like monster taming and has a iconic story few games ever approached before or after. It kinda deserve the praise it gets man.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.