[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does this work? Is it +5 points because of portability, or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: wat.jpg (120KB, 612x493px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
120KB, 612x493px
How does this work? Is it +5 points because of portability, or is the difference based on relative library? Or is it blind fanboyism?
>>
File: Vegeta.gif (448KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
Vegeta.gif
448KB, 240x320px
>>388524784
>he cares about reviews and (((the industry)))
>>
>>388524784
It's because different people did the reviews, you stupid fuck.
>>
>>388524784

xbox players don't like cartoon games
>>
>>388524784
there are some sites that only review for one platform
>>
>>388524784
There are several sites that are based on one console.
All the Nintendo sites reviewing the Switch game wouldn't be lumped in with the other console versions.
>>
xbox users are more of the dudebro kind of players
ps users are more inclined to weeb stuff and RPGs
Nintendo users like cartoony shit more than the rest

The fact that people can't understand how different userbases like different things baffles me to no fucking end. If you release a call of duty on the switch with the main focus being a super sick dude shooting terrorist, the game is not gonna the same high ratings it would get on the fucking xbox, because the users are used to the same things since forever, independently of how good or bad the game from an objective standpoint.
>>
>>388524994
nah, this gap just made me curious (usually the the point disparity is due to parity)
>>388525062
and it just so happens the Switch version is 5 aggregate points higher
>>388525082
I think Sonic has enough nostalgia power to overcome that
>>388525124
>>388525146
Poor excuses, it's trending an 86 for PS4, so does this mean that since it's sort of in between, it's more accurate?

Again, 5 points is a fairly wide margin, and I know it has nothing to do with frames, controls, and performance
>>
>>388525395
So what should they do? takes single platforms reviews and count them for all?
>>
>>388525395
>and it just so happens the Switch version is 5 aggregate points higher
If I rolled 14 dice and summed them up to get 49, then I rolled 14 more dice and summed them up to get 56, you'd be having an autistic fit and asking me to explain how that happened.

Or, in other words, learn what statistical significance is and fuck off.
>>
>>388525832
I have zero clue why you're so triggered, but the probability of probability working out as it has for this title is very low.

Thus, apply Occam's Razor and come to this conclusion
>be a reviewer
>have a new platform
>platform has Mario as a flagship for 3 titles already, so slightly younger target audience
>slight game drought, unless you're obsessed with Arms/Splatoon 2, or reeeeally taking your time with Zelda
>when reviewing new multiplats, play on your new console
>no notable differences in performance
>come to a score
>rate it based on enjoyment, relative library, and timing (it's why some launch titles get bonus points when they're mediocre, see PS4/Xbone)
I can see this being the most likely scenario.
>>
>>388526367
>I have zero clue why you're so triggered
I'm just against shitposting. The only reason you could have made this thread is either
a) a console war shitshow or
b) you're legitimately retarded and shouldn't be posting on /v/ anyway.

Here's an Occam's Razor for you: the difference is explained by the fact that there's only 14 reviews for each game from entirely different people.
>>
>>388526760
>console warring
No, just making an observation. I didn't say anything about the nintendobonus meme, or kiddies liking kiddie shit, or if i even use metacritic as some metric of my personal enjoyment

>why did you make this thread
a) big disparity on a mascot game
b) to figure out what people think makes this so

Doesn't 14 reviews seem low to you, for a Switch game, with Sonic as a mascot? Mario Kart 8 has 90+ reviews, Zelda BotW over 100. Exclusives, sure. Adding up multiplat versions, you arrive at 85 total Sonic Mania reviews.

Sonic Mania is the #4 highest rated Switch game right now, trailing right behind Shovel Knight.
>different people like different things
Yeah. And people with biases tend to be biased
>>
>>388524784
Dudebros own Xbones and are harsher towards cartoony games and platformers.
Nintendo fans own Switches, and Nintendo fans tend to like platformers and cartoony graphics.
>>
The Nintendo bonus is real.

We've known this for years.
>>
Xbots doesn't like platformers.
>>
A Nintendo reviewing site is going to give it points for being a platformer
An Xbox and Playstation reviewing site is going to dock points for being a platformer/being 2d
>>
The Switch has a lower standard.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.