[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://pastebin.com/MATjABhX HL3 should be this, fuck volvo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

https://pastebin.com/MATjABhX
HL3 should be this, fuck volvo
>>
File: momiji_13.png (4MB, 1962x2066px) Image search: [Google]
momiji_13.png
4MB, 1962x2066px
They should just make a Momiji petting simulator instead
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 480x456px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 480x456px
>>
File: d8L3Tiq.png (101KB, 312x314px) Image search: [Google]
d8L3Tiq.png
101KB, 312x314px
>>388505193
so let me sum this up
>procedurally generated crew-recruiting survival half life IN SPACE
>I put in this data on the computer, magic happens, and out comes suepr awesome alien to populate a world!
please never develop a game. the evolution thing itself is simply impossible to pull off without massive R&D behind it, to the point where even EA told Maxis to fuck off with it and just slapped spore back to RNG monsters. you also implied "some supercomputers are gonna do all the hard work you guys and stream it to your PC" so that means you have to be always online to receive data whenever you fly to a new planet. what's that? you want to keep all those species pre-generated on disk? sure thing bub, enjoy having a game the size of the internet in 2005. and the cherry on top:
>posting animu tits to attract attention
>>
>>388505883
Evolution algorithms are pretty easy if you're not a brainlet.
The problem is that large companies tend to lack the people autistic enough for it, and individuals lack the resources to make a polished algorithm.

As for keeping the species pre-generated on disk, it's really not hard.
Having done both 3D modelling and 3D graphics programming, I know that there's ways to store models and their textures in incredibly efficient formats.
Also, .kkrieger is an entire 3D game in 96kb. It's all textured, and has an abundace of polygons, but it all fits in 96kb; and that's including the program itself, not just assets.

It's entirely plausible that you could slim a very detailed creature down to less than 10kb.
10,000 creatures at 10kb each would be 100MB; and considering that's enough aliens to satisfy even the most picky gamer, that's pretty good.
>>
File: workingonmy2dgame.jpg (356KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
workingonmy2dgame.jpg
356KB, 2048x1536px
>>388507528
>>if you're not a brainlet
>next sentence immediately states you have to be autistic to even fathom working on the algorithms, and completely dismisses Will Wright's sheer dedication to spore which still raised red flags to EA regarding dev time
>citing .kkrieger as a massive achievement in compact programming when it was made as a tech demo first and foremost with barebones AI
>not considering technology has changed over time and how more demmanding creatures would require advanced behavior AI to make them act properly
even if you were to strip down EVERYTHING as code, you'd still have to painstakingly recreate every single pixel of a space dog's knot as assembly code for someone's machine to pick up the pieces one by one as said dog is spawned onscreen. this candle-sniffing fuckfence here took the same step-by-step path to create scrolling backgrounds for platform masters, and that shit alone cost him years of development, and now you're telling me "dude I just need time lmao"? how about you start doing your code work right away and let me know when you're done by the next three decades working by yourself? or are you telling me you're gonna have a crew magically funding itself or a company backing the project which will totally not shaft you as hard as possible when you start delaying things? let's not forget everyone employed must be an autist who knows his shit, as you specified yourself
>>
File: Capture.png (131KB, 725x575px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
131KB, 725x575px
>>388508190
I didn't say reduce everything to code.
Here's a perfect example of how a high resolution space dog knot can be represented as a low resolution space dog knot.

You just subdivide.
>>
>make doggy dick to prove a point
>no response
Do I win the internet argument?
It doesn't feel like winning.
>>
>>388510382
you're an autist
>>
>>388512056
Better autistic than stupid normie
>>
>>388505193
Awoooooo
>>
File: 1480400765612.jpg (406KB, 648x906px) Image search: [Google]
1480400765612.jpg
406KB, 648x906px
>>388512376
Awoo~
>>
File: 1497381240825.png (244KB, 550x562px) Image search: [Google]
1497381240825.png
244KB, 550x562px
>>388505193
awo, praise kek
>>
>>388505193
>Upside down boob window
This changes everything.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.