[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Staying one console generation behind and buying used is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: ps3s-retro-hor.jpg (52KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
ps3s-retro-hor.jpg
52KB, 800x800px
Staying one console generation behind and buying used is the only correct way to do console gaming.
Prove me wrong.
>you pay peanuts for stuff you buy
>consoles are already hacked by that point
>entire game library is already out
>no overhype for new games, you already know which games are good
>stuff you buy has potential to become collectible later on
>>
>he missed out on halo 3 MP
>he missed out on mag
>he missed out on PSU
>>
>>388499780
Basically this. I had to roll like that in high school, but the issue now is some games have to be played with an online community, so you cant count on playing the online components. Otherwise it's fine, though you probably wont get to enjoy stronger modern specs for years
>>
All the best PS4 and Xbone games are literally $20 at walmart. I can't imagine how cheap they must be in the used section at gamestop.
>>
>>388499412
>the only correct way to do console gaming.
you mean the poorfag way
>>
Well i brought a ps3 couple months back and i brought all the exclusive games for it, having good time playing wipeout hd fury and theres chumps on this board RIGHT NOW that are paying full price for the omega collection

>Fuck that
Unless you take online gaming seriously wait for emulation or dirt cheap hardware
>>
>>388500678
This. You don't need to stay a gen behind, just stay a year or two behind.
>>
>>388499780
>paying for multiplayer
>>
>>388501685
you paid for ps3 online? kek retard.
>>
File: 1294148274508.jpg (14KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1294148274508.jpg
14KB, 251x251px
>>388499412
This but for PC games too.
>>
This is me. The disadvantage is that you feel kinda alienated when you guy to a place like 4chan when you are behind the times.
>>
>>388501917
*go to a place
>>
>>388501917
>>388502046
>what is /vr/
>>
>>388503056
To new for /vr/
To old for /v/
I had a black friend who had a similar problem.
>>
>>388499412
only if you're a fellow SP only fag like myself or don't mind missing out on some online exclusive events/features.

because $5-10 for a single game / 3 games bundle on places like craigslist is a wallet saver.
>>
Most online shit isn't even worth buying after their grace period.
SP and other stuff is literally timeless though so who cares when you play it.
>>
File: 1502405381212.jpg (223KB, 858x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1502405381212.jpg
223KB, 858x1200px
>I will miss out on modern video games and online to save a few bucks
you do you bud
>>
>>388503453
>yfw future games will altogether skip out on SP and will be primarily online/MP centric
>those games you enjoyed becomes unplayable as servers are shut down in the future.

i don't know if the idea is scary, or if i'm looking forward to it so i can stop caring and play through my backlogs without worrying about it growing.
>>
>>388501553
Omega Collection is $30. It has a small online population, but it's there. It has Fury, HD, and 2048. 3 games. If you have a PS4 Pro it runs at native 4k and the HDR really sucks you into the picture. If you like video games why would you skimp? Go big, get the best.
>>
File: Time_Crisis_Razing_Storm.png (309KB, 350x404px) Image search: [Google]
Time_Crisis_Razing_Storm.png
309KB, 350x404px
>>388501553
You missed one.
>>
>>388503056
Even PS2/Gamebox/Xbox is not considered retro by the board rules, though Dreamcast is.
>>
>>388503929
Is this still fun to play with a ds3?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.