[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me /v/, how is this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: ESO.jpg (188KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ESO.jpg
188KB, 1280x720px
Tell me /v/, how is this game?
>>
>>388497059
It's shit
>>
>>388497059
You don't get to be that guy in the pic.
>>
>>388497373
This is the real bummer right here
>>
>>388497059
It's alright if you can pick up gold edition, which you can for cheap from like dlcompare or whatever.

It's fun enough, and IMO it's more playable than Skyrim, but it's definitely not a good elder scrolls game.
>>
>>388497059
I bought it for 10 euro and I am dissapoint
>>
>>388497059
It's skyrim with lag.
>>
>>388497985
Would you say its alright to play by yourself? I know mmo's you should probably play with friends or find a guild. But I was just wondering if its any good solo
>>
>>388498468
I'd say it's best for questing to play by yourself, so you can just pace yourself, explore the world and find quests, find skyshards and do delves, etc.

Battlegrounds, Dungeons, certain quests, Open world PVP in Cyrodil, etc. require groups.

I'd give it a go, if you want an anon to play with and help you out, you can add me.
>>
>>388498468
Yeah, the entire leveling experience is made for it basically.
>>
>>388498468
Different anon here.
Imo good solo MMOs include this, star trek online, Tera online and Black desert online.

Also tortanic to some extent.
>>
>>388497059

Me and a bud played it when it first came out. Insanely boring.
>>
File: 1484114113128.png (335KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1484114113128.png
335KB, 633x758px
>>388497059
When I was a teen I loved Morrowind, Warcraft 3 and Quake 3 a lot.
Then WoW was released and I tried it and it got me thinking. What if there was massive multiplayer Morrowind?
What if I could be a wizard and cast water walking on a huge several thousand strong player controlled army of Nord warriors and we could attack a castle from the sea without being slowed down by the water and killed of while swimming.
The tech wasn't there yet and it all remained in the domain of imagining things with friends.

Guess what? The tech is here, maybe not for thousands but for hundreds of players, but instead we got a piece of shit on the same engine as swtor. Bland shit. And what about Skyshit? They invested resources into graphics and voice recording shit but it has 12 house 20 something npc "cities".
>>
>>388499309
So you know, there IS a multiplayer morrowind mod now.
>>
>>388497059
Bump
>>
>>388499452
Wait what are you speaking bout
>>
>>388500406
Google it, there's a morrowind mod that recently came out that lets you play online multiplayer. IT syncs everything, except spell crafting and enchanting weapons breaks the game, so you shouldn't do those.
>>
>>388500406
tes3mp. There's a few servers up right now. Some have 100+ slots available even though the most players I've seen is 25.
>>
Bought it recently myself with a friend recently, even for an MMO I am disappointed. It feels incredibly unfriendly to people who play in groups
>progress in quests is not tied to a group, you are fighting over collecting objectives
>if someone is farther on in a quest you often cant help them, NPCs and enemies will literally pop into existence or not be visible to you if you are not at the same point in the quest, meaning youll often see people just standing looking at nothing, or swinging at nothing, and they are actually in the middle of a quest
>feels like a singleplayer game that other people are running around in too and not interacting
>customization is absoloute shit
If Id paid full price for this or even bought it at launch I would be angry rather than upset. What the fuck happened, it feels like a no-mark F2P MMO, shit, there are better F2P MMOs that play the same sort of way but are alot more engaging, see Neverwinter.

I really hope this gets better, I was banking on this game to be a time sink for me and my friend to play.
>>
>>388502951
I felt the same too, I wish questing and exploring were more rewarding for group play, but it took me a couple times to sit down and really like the game honestly, maybe you'll like it with time, maybe not.
>>
How does it play? Does it play at all like other Elder Scrolls games? Looting and real combat and shit? Or is it WoW-like trash where you press hotkeys when they're off cooldown
>>
>>388504889
Combat is a bit more involved than traditional MMOs
>have to actually block attacks with dedicated block function
>theres a dodge roll
But it still uses hotkey attacks, they dont have a cooldown just a resource cost. Id go so far as to say that the combat is alright for an MMO, but its in the service of nothing, I mean, literally nothing, the rest of the game is just so flaccid and lifeless that hte combat gets bogged down too. Also you can loot most things still, yes, and steal, which results in guards chasing you if they see you.
>>
>>388504889
It's watered down a ton since Hero engine is a fucking mistake (the game is made on the same engine as TOR) but it plays enough like one now that it's considered an Elder Scrolls title. Better than Skyrim, though I don't put Skyrim on a pedastal.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.