[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon Age

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: Dragon_Age_Origins_cover.png (176KB, 300x424px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Age_Origins_cover.png
176KB, 300x424px
What is your favorite class?
>>
uninstall wizard
>>
>>388479692
Wolf-school Witcher class.

>>388479804
This too.
>>
>>388479692
warrior with that spirit-warrior specialization that you could get in awakening
>>
>>388479692
Two-Wielding Warrior. It's fucking great, I don't know why.
>>
>>388479692
this game had an okay story, but combat was less engaging and involving than wow and that is a fucking feat.

litterally singleplayer mmo
>>
>>388482069

Everything is a singleplayer MMO to you people.
>>
>>388482069
But wow combat if fucking great
>>
Been so long since I played it that I honestly can't remember.
>>
>>388479692
2-Handed weapon warrior, but only with awakening skills that made it fun as fuck.
>>
>>388479692
Definitely Archer Rogue
>>
>>388482394
>jumping around like an idea just face rolling progressions
>great

You have low standards. Even for an MMO.
>>
Dual weapon warrior with momentum and dual-strike. Who needs crits anyway
>>
>>388479692
dual wielding warrior.
or of course the unbeatable Bloodmage/Arcane warrior combo.
>>
>>388479692
Warrior with shield.
I loved that the first game didn't lock weapons to classes so I could actually use a crossbow as backup, or use that mage class where you fight with a sword.
>>
File: Dragon Age Riddles.jpg (210KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Age Riddles.jpg
210KB, 1920x1200px
>>388479692
Mage.

Playing as a healer lets me get away with any party combination, and repeatedly nuking the battle field is a simple pleasure I couldn't get from watching auto-sword swinging.
>>
File: dUHQHjKo.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
dUHQHjKo.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
That warrior class you can only get by desecrating that holy grail and pissing of Leliana
>>
File: dragnor360naogre007.jpg (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
dragnor360naogre007.jpg
1MB, 1600x900px
>>388479692

How do I make Sten useful?

Am I not building/equipping him right?
>>
>>388482738
>I loved that the first game didn't lock weapons to classes
this so much
I'm ok with DAI and even some aspects of 2 but locking the equipment like the did just infuriates me
>>
>>388482939
Reaver.
>>388483001
Sten's tough to optimize.
>>
>>388483001
give him some light/medium armor and have him be support DPS. it's worth getting him the 'disengage' ability for him
>>
Mage so I can just turn on Haste and remove the doldrum of how slow it is.
>>
>>388482069
mages ruin this game, too powerful, if you had to absolutely use traps and explosive potions and whatever in the harder difficulties the combat woul've been more engaging, also blood magic is fucking broken
>>
>>388483441
>mages ruin this game
Stay mad, warrfag.
>>
>>388483123
Yeah it pissed me off how in subsequent games they basically decided
>No you will play the way we decided you should
Loved that in DAO you could do your own thing much moreso
>>
Does becoming a Blood Mage have any bigger repercussions on the plot? Because I'm in a bit of a pickle:
>want to play Good to bang Alistair (female mage)
>the only good specs are Arcane Warrior (not interested), Spirit Healer and Blood Mage
>>
>>388484414
not huge ones iirc
some people might dislike you but I think it's pretty minor

arcane warrior is p. cool though
>>
>>388484694
Arcane Warrior looks like some sort of a fighter/mage thing and I don't know if I'm into it.
>>
I started replaying DAO yesterday and it got pretty hard really fast, when you're going up the tower to light the beacon. I don't remember if I found it easy back when it came out, or if this is just an early difficulty spike, or if I am just terrible at vidya. Probably the last one. I guess I'm going to have to really think about the AI party tactics, or failing that, micromanage each party member. Both of which sound really boring, and I don't remember the game boring me first time round. I wouldn't be surprised if I've gotten a lot dumber and more impatient though.
>>
>>388484897
fair enough
just checked the wiki and it says there's basically no negative consequences at all
I wonder if the writers planned to make it the ultimate evil crime like they did in later games

>>388485223
micromanaging the party is basically a must. baiting enemies into choke points or only attracting the attention of one or two at a time will help you a lot, at least until you level up and specialize to the point where you've essentially broken the game
yeah, there are a couple rooms in that tower that will push your shit in if you just charge forward
>>
>there will never be another game like DA:O
It had the perfect blend of old school isometric crpgs and modern bioware style RPG's.

God what fucking happend to RPG's why don't people make them like this anymore
>>
>>388485223
>>388485503
I'm the first-time-mage-playthrough guy and I had trouble with the tower on Hard, particularly with that big ogre boss or whatever; I picked the Delayed Necro Time Bomb and not much else for pew-pewing. Might have been a mistake.
>>
>>388484414
You can just unlock Blood Mage and reload a "good" save
>>
>>388482764
Is the healer any good?
>>
>>388485804
>the Delayed Necro Time Bomb
I can't remember ever really making use of that
I'm no expert, but for the 1st tier spells I usually only used winter's grasp, heal, glyph of paralysis, mind blast, and the entropy ones

>>388487020
the companion, the overall role, or the specialization?
>>
>>388487129
Role and the specialization
>>
File: morrigan DA.jpg (133KB, 500x663px) Image search: [Google]
morrigan DA.jpg
133KB, 500x663px
>>388487020
Worked well for my play-style anyhow. Thought it was great to have revival on hand during the more drawn out boss-fights.
>>
>>388487224
pretty good but tended to eat through mana really fast iirc
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.