[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is this so good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

why is this so good
>>
It takes a preexisting lore and expands upon it in previously unimaginable and exciting new ways.
>>
>>388474331
It has exploration.
>>
Because Bubble Buddy is in it
>>
it's a fun collectathon with neat ideas.
>>
I actually had this game on GameCube and I thought it was hard.
>>
>>388474969
Squidward's Dream is hard as fuck, if you ask me. And boy was it the best level.
>>
>>388474331
>good platforming
>good level design
>exploring and collectathonning
>not terrible minigames

It was just well made for some reason
>>
>>388474969
>>388475196
I was just gonna reply with that as well. The dreams were trippy as fuck too. Overall comfy game and that satisfying sound when you hit/destroyed robots was so great
>>
>>388474331
It is the peak of game design for children. It checked all the boxes.
>>
>>388475319
but yeah, overall this. Just a serendipitous moment in gaming I guess.
>>
>>388475196
Dream levels are always awesome.
Kelp Forest was hardest for me.
>>
>>388475319
Not to mention the story was just as enjoyable as a good ol SpongeBob episode. Just watching the opening cutscene about Patrick's magic words had me in stitches.
>>
>>388475319
replying to my own comment, thinking about this more and more it's actually really odd. a fucking LICENSED GAME, and a SPONGEBOB game at that is one of the best gamecube titles, as well as probably in the top 10-20 for platformers in that era. like, wtf
>>
>>388474331
It isn't. It's mediocre.
>>
>>388475486
Fuck that forest. And the davy Jones level while we're at it
>>
>>388477365
>davy Jones
You mean Rock Bottom?
>>
Best water levels of any game ever.
>>
>Kelp Forest

That level will never not confuse me, I went back to it after eight years and I'm having a more difficult time than I had when I was a kid
>>
>>388474331
Because I never got to finish it due to the disc scratching from playing it so much. Maybe its just nostalgia but the consensus seems to be that it aged well
>>
_ ____ __ ____ ____ ______
>>
>>388477671
It was years ago since I even thought about this game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a rather difficult flying Dutchman level?
>>
>>388478702
Oh, right, the Dutchman's graveyard. That one was tough as well.
>>
File: 61TH369CNZL.jpg (70KB, 500x453px) Image search: [Google]
61TH369CNZL.jpg
70KB, 500x453px
Did anyone ever play this version or the psp version?
>>
File: asasa.jpg (90KB, 640x917px) Image search: [Google]
asasa.jpg
90KB, 640x917px
What about its sequel? I think this had same devs and similar gameplay.
>>
>>388479857
DS, how it was meant to be played.
>>
>>388480383
It's fine, though it is much more linear (no hub world) and has generally okay mini-games. Worth a try.
>>
what about creature from the krusty krab
>>
>>388480383
It had the same devs, but had many bad design choices compared to the original.
>every side challenge (guitar, spongeball, etc.)
>the sliding missions
>half the enemies are broken beyond belief
The main platforming is still good and there, and the collectables are cool.
>>
File: 13769026949be70-original-1.jpg (165KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
13769026949be70-original-1.jpg
165KB, 480x360px
>>388481306
Great atmosphere and art, but probably the worst gameplay out of the other spongebob games.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.