[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bloodborne Old Hunters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

File: ludwig.jpg (152KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
ludwig.jpg
152KB, 1024x576px
The only way I could experience this DLC is on youtube because I can't beat this fucker. I'm BL105 on ng+. I've never summoned in DeS, DS1 and DS2 and I've beaten this game without summoning too. I've beaten every fucking boss first try, 2-3 tries for some of them, but this faggot is just something else. I activated my free 3 month subscription to summon someone but that one guy that joined couldn't dodge for shit and died in like ~5 seconds. Why would he fucking join then? I'm so mad. I left Ludwig with 20% of his hp left and he killed me. I've also lost all of my madman's knowledge because of summoning Henriette. So are you telling me that Laurence and Orphan of Kos are harder than Ludwig? If yes then this is insane and beyond my human capabilities
>>
lol dude just use the pizza cutter
>>
>>388471080
ATK power is like 3 times lower than my +10 saw
>>
>>388471171
Just start a new character senpai.
Go at ng, pizza cutter, easy
>>
>>388471340
I don't want to do this shit all over again. Grinding, leveling up, killing bosses and stuff. Because that's just fucking boring and stupid. Is there any way I can beat him at ng+? I just want to fight Maria, the fight looked cool on youtube, I don't give a fuck about this DLC
>>
>>388471027
>He knows the upcoming bosses beforehand
>>
>>388471585
Yeah because I couldn't kill Ludwig. I decided just to watch it on youtube. Better than fucking nothing
>>
>>388471027
Press the circle button when you see an attack incoming to beat him you dumb fuck.
>>
>>388471027
Just hit him until he dies brah.
When he attacks, dodge.
>>
>>388471027
just get good lmao kid really
>>
If you can get him to 20% then you can clearly beat him. Dodge more of his attacks and be more aggressive so the fight ends faster
>>
File: IMG_0128.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0128.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>>388471027
People beat this boss at level 1 with bare fists only. It's not that hard.
Upgrade the whirligig saw all the way if you have to.
Here's a foolproof method for beating him:
First phase: Stay on the edge of his attack range and then dash in for a quick hit once his hitbox ends.
When he gets to around 75% health, he will start doing the arcane spray attack every once and awhile. This attack is piss easy to dodge and gives you ample time to land hits. Just keep dodging until these attacks come up, get some hits in, rinse and repeat.
The second stage is way easier than the first. You can stand directly in front of him (so close you're touching) and he will only hit you with the HILT of the sword which deals minimal damage. Alternatively, You can just stay behind him, backing off when he does the sword plunge aoe attack.
>>
>>388472292
>People beat this boss at level 1 with bare fists only.
Gonna need a link for that one.
>>
>>388471027
If you want a decent summon let me know.

And yes, Laurence is harder.
>>
>>388472292
Thanks, but upgrading the whirligig saw will be so boring. Can I beat him without doing so? I mean is it OP enough?
>>
>>388472617
I beat Ludwig like 3rd try. Took 20+ on fucking Laurence. Thank god I wasn't retarded like OP and did the DLC before going to NG+
>>
>>388472652

If everything is so fucking boring, why play the game at all?

Just summon through Ludwig, since all you want is fight with Maria. love that fight anyway
>>
>>388472652
I beat him on NG+ without whirligig. It took me a few hours though.
>>
>>388472484
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WM-n3nSLY20
Not level 1 but simliar.
>>
do you want help anon?
>>
>>388472952
>>388471027
make sure you don't parry the Maria or German fights because it ruins them
>>
>>388471171
Grab the Pizza Cutter, level it up and go destroy Ludwig.

Pizza Cutter stuns Ludwig.
>>
>>388471027
>ng+

There's your problem.
Bloodborne's ng+ is overtuned compared to the Souls games, I remember threads complaining about getting assraped by Ludwig on NG+ when the dlc launched
>>
>>388471027
Summoning Henriett was your first problem. Just makes the fight harder because she sucks.
>>
Don't listen to these faggots OP, you don't need the pizza cutter.
>>
>>388473085
It ruins Logarius more.
>>
>>388471027
Don't summon Henriett, join The League and summon Valtr mostly because he has the Pizza Cutter.
>>
File: 1476468819821.jpg (53KB, 878x814px) Image search: [Google]
1476468819821.jpg
53KB, 878x814px
>>388471027
Git gud scrub
>>
>>388471027
I did it with Beast Claws. Pop a beast pellet and learn his pattern.
>>
This is literally the hardest boss that I've faced OP, went same as you with NG+ on a dex build without my weapons fully upgraded and got pretty fucking close to kill him but just couldn't finish it for the life of me. Literally I tried for almost 200 times. In the end I just summoned a pizza cutter and he steamrolled him. It was shameful but I really couldn't take it any longer. So yeah in retrospective starting again is not that bad of an idea, and the rest of the DLC makes it worth it. Specially the Maria and Kos fights.
>>
>>388471505
>that's just fucking boring and stupid
I weep for people who don't understand the concept of replay value.

I dunno your stats but if you have any strength then you may wanna grind the pizza cutter to +10 because it's seriously the best strength weapon in the game. AR isn't the whole picture, attacks hit hard and holding L2 just revs the blade letting you get lots of small hits in and stunlocking some bosses like Maria.

Also 105 might be a bit low for you. I'm bad at the game and I was like 145 when I beat the DLC on NG. You can farm for blood echoes really easy if you beat the main game though, just equip echoes up runes and run the area before mergo's wet nurse, the one with two pigs and the group of shadows of yharnam. You'll level up real quick doing that only a few times.
>>
File: Orstein_Smough_Dark_Souls.jpg (332KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Orstein_Smough_Dark_Souls.jpg
332KB, 1920x1080px
I beat Bloodborne last week and am now working on Dark Souls, how the actual fuck do I beat these guys? That charge that Ornstein does is so buggy where he does 90 degree turns in a single frame and he'll get stuck on stuff and start clipping through solid objects.
>>
>>388471027

It's very difficult to consistently dodge everything he does, so make sure you get in your hits when you can. When he starts his combo swipes, dodge forward and to the left under his arm, and hit his sides. Don't get too greedy though or he will buck on your ass. His short jump is pretty simple to death with once you learn the timing, for his long jump where you can see the blood dripping down, just sprint away from the blood in a straight line and he won't hit you. Never stand behind him, his sides is the safest place to be. He's a very difficult boss, but just keep at it.

>>388472617

I don't think Laurence is more difficult, just comparably difficult but much less fun. Ludwig killed me more times than Laurence did, but Laurence is just more of a chore because he has a ludicrous amount of HP and his hitboxes are terribly coded.

The Laurence fight just isn't fun while Ludwig is one of the greatest bosses of all time.
>>
>>388473756
Summon Solaire. O&S is a garbage fight that's hard because of shit mechanics like semi-random hitboxes and Ornstein hitting you through Smough.
>>
flamesprayer his first form then spam executioner's gloves after
>>
File: Ludwig 2.jpg (529KB, 800x1133px) Image search: [Google]
Ludwig 2.jpg
529KB, 800x1133px
OP is #1 shitter of all time.
>>
>>388473756
Cheese the fuck out of it by circling the pillars, keeping them opposite you

No shame
>>
>>388473864

>intfags
>>
>>388471027
He dies to the same strategy as 90% of the bosses in this game.

>dash past the boss's side towards the back
>slap their ass
>repeat

Hell if anything the second form is even easier because he moves around less and his attacks are even more front-loaded.
>>
>>388474018
Can their attacks reach through the pillars?

>>388473862
I really, really, really don't want to summon but I am getting close to doing so. Not even the Bell Gargoyles gave me this much trouble.
>>
>>388473756
This fight is actually designed with summoning in mind, using Solaire to get through phase 1 is no shame
>>
>>388471505
Then summon a half decent coop partner from here or the summoning subreddit and stop bitching
>>
Just use the most busted weapon, the Saif
>>
>>388474167
They can, but you can easily avoid them by not hugging the pillars and backing off a little
>>
>>388473756
Shield + high poise abuse. Literally turns the game into a joke on first playthrough.
>>
>>388474167
That one fight in particular seems really designed for summoning, someone did a video showing what it's like to try and fight them solo without getting hit and it's totally unreasonable.

Remember, the devs put NPC summons in the game intentionally and for a reason. For that fight (and gargoyles which is also a tag team fight), they put Solaire's sign right out in the open. Don't feel bad about using him just for this fight.
>>
>>388474625
This. Pizza cutter for strength builds but for skill: saif waif 4 lyfe.

No really, the R1's start with a forward lunge and the combo is fast, while the transform attack is a backstep. It's a really good weapon for punishing and capitalizing on openings since the lunge will make up the distance.
>>
File: chikage.jpg (7KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
chikage.jpg
7KB, 250x251px
Who else SKL/BLT here?
>>
File: 1334095046167.jpg (31KB, 364x390px) Image search: [Google]
1334095046167.jpg
31KB, 364x390px
>>388475571
>someone did a video showing what it's like to try and fight them solo without getting hit and it's totally unreasonable.
Really?
>>
>>388475869

I actually just got my SKL/BLT character up to Kos earlier today, rocking chikage/bowblade. It's amazing how much of an easier time I have with Maria when I turn the music off.
>>
Dude idk why you're having trouble
You just hit him till he dies
>>
File: Faggot of Cainhurst.jpg (94KB, 919x746px) Image search: [Google]
Faggot of Cainhurst.jpg
94KB, 919x746px
Anyone have any tips for this faggot? Just some ridiculously hard and lazily thrown together fight that comes out of nowhere.
>>
>>388475869
I fucking love styling on people with that thing. Fucking 800 damage hits I tell you what.
>>
>>388476902
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBmHws_4lHQ
>>
>>388476902
Press circle to doge when he attacks and then give him the what for with Keep doing that til he dies
>>
>>388476902
Wooden Shield and antirecovery
>>
>>388471027
>So are you telling me that Laurence and Orphan of Kos are harder than Ludwig?

For me they were much more difficult. For Ludwig you really just need to stay on top of him, get aggressive as fuck and abuse your i frames for dodging. More so in his second stage.
>>
OP here, I tried upgrading that pizza cutter but I don't have good gems so my ATK is just 349. And yeah, I lost ~3 more times
>>
>>388471027
I'm not sure how much harder he is in ng+ but I beat him by summoning vatr (equip the impurity rune). He's pretty tanky and can distract him.

I found kos harder, but I can see why people hate ludwig since all his attacks are huge and unpredictable
>>
>>388476902
18 poison knives. Lure him to the stairs, takes three to poison him. Shoot him a few times because why not. He'll heal eventually unless you throw mist at him but the poison should be enough to kill him anyways
>>
>>388479148
Thing about the cutter it's not the damage, its the stagger effect
>>
File: 1502360306790.png (1MB, 1080x1288px) Image search: [Google]
1502360306790.png
1MB, 1080x1288px
>>388475869
>tfw from never bothered to fix any of the glitched attacks on the chikage
>mfw they added a splish splosh blood effect instead of improving broken mechanics in the game
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.