[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of L.A. Noire?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: LA-Noire-Box-Art[1].jpg (76KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
LA-Noire-Box-Art[1].jpg
76KB, 300x400px
What does /v/ think of L.A. Noire?
>>
I wish there was more like it
>>
>>388469059

I think the arson desk is the best part, I don't know why everyone thinks its the worst
>>
>inb4 ERIOIOIRE vs LAMAL posting

cool game. great atmosphere, you actually have to do a lot of detective work. downside is >open world
>>
>>388469059

I love games with this kind of methodical pace: I love how he gingerly handles the evidence, the satisfying sounds of the footsteps, the careful deliberations...I wish more games had this kind of attention to atmosphere and detail.
>>
>>388469059
Aside of the pointless open world it's fantastic.
>>
Thought it was great. Shame there isn't much variety in the cases, as in how each play out, as they are mostly the same.

Wish Whore of the Orient wasn't cancelled
>>
The game looks good and I'm a sucker for that 50s Americana, but I thought that the game was boring and would work better as a point-and-click game. The interrogation choices also doesn't make sense, they should've added the dialogue like Fallout so that we can discern the tone better.
I'd still like to see further sequels that polishes the gameplay even better though
>tfw no Vegas Noire or NY Noire
>>
I LIKE YOUR ASS!
>>
>>388469829
YOU'RE LYING, MORGAN
>>
Felt like there were slightly too many shootouts, maybe they were worried people would have gotten bored otherwise. The investigative side of things was good enough (though the dialogue system wasn't perfect). It's a shame there's not been anything like it tried since.
>>
Many flaws, but overall enjoyed the experience. I'm not the type to clamor for sequels, but this seems like the type of game that could be a masterpiece if the mistakes were fixed.
>>
>>388469285
The ending ruined it when you start to play as Jack.
>>
File: 1474747459649.gif (41KB, 170x200px) Image search: [Google]
1474747459649.gif
41KB, 170x200px
>>388469059
It was good. I feel like some bits of the story could have been explored a bit more, like Cole's family and his sudden willingness to break character and cheat on his wife but I do wish that there were more games like it that actually tried to explored different approaches to solving mysteries.

I doubt we'll ever see a direct sequel but I wouldn't have been opposed to seeing one.
>>
>>388469059
bad. lots of overacting, lots of underacting. the 3 choice system is kind of fucking gay too, some evidence for LIE isnt really direct enough to address some points, DOUBT is full blown "ADMIT IT, YOU ARE HITLER AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE HOLOCAUST, YOU FUCKIN WEAK SISTER!" and truth is usually just "ok" its like the worst phoenix wright game with a couple of shootout segments because rockstar.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.