[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

XCOM 2 beginner tips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (106KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
106KB, 460x215px
Just started picrelated on console today. I got all the DLCs so far of course without the War of the chosen Addon. Just got to the third mission after the tutorial, I believe.

I've read here that there are many things a beginner will probably fail on his first playthrough as the game design almost deliberately tries to screw you over by not giving you some essential info (like skill perks). So, what are some things I should be aware of. Also, general tips and discussion.
>>
>>388465650
Dont do the mission in cuba right away otherwise gg. Probably hold off on the "Shen's Last Gift" mission too. I did those without really knowing and lost half my people
>>
Xcom is unfortunately balanced so that both xcom and aliens are overpowered. If you can't kill everyone in one turn you are gonna lose.

Also psionic soldiers are ez mode
>>
>>388467015
Okay, thanks. As far as I am not mistaken, up until this point I wasn't even given much of a choice in regards to story progression and missions. I think every mission I started so far I had to start.

>>388467446
Yeah, I kinda got that feeling. It seems as if you should make sure to not give the enemy even a chance at an attack. Basically everybody is more or less a glass canon.
>>
Grenades are your friend. Grenadiers are your best friend. Once you have a squad full of them the game is ezpz, just blow up everything in your path.
>>
>>388465650
Go pistols on your snipers and give them flame ammo. Due to several factors, regular snipers aren't that effective in Xcom 2. (Line of sight, having to evacuate, map layout)

Don't melee mutons.

Don't build laboratories.

Rush weapon upgrades. Don't do DLC missions until you've upgraded your weapons.

Grenades are powerful.

Build the Guerilla Tactics school and expand your squad size.
>>
Also dont try to sam fisher it and stealth your way to the objective, its almost never worth it because you end up fighting more aliens at once.
>>
>>388468338
I was just about to ask about team comp and skill progression. So far I am trying to keep everything balanced with different classes in every squad. And in regards to skill trees I am also trying to diversify. I have two snipers for example so far in my overall crew and I thought letting them go the different skill trees would be a good idea.
>>
>>388465650
if you plan to get war of the chosen then just dick around, learn the game a bit, and start over when you have the expansion.
>>
>>388468928
Well, I'm probably gonna get it. I do play it on console though and the release has been postponed for console a bit.
>>
>>388468607
Two snipers is not really needed unless one is a pure gunslinger. I usually just use two grenadiers.
>>
>>388465650
flashbangs disables abilities and, if used on a sectoid, removed psi zombies and mind control
>>
What order should I build my facilities? Is it a good Idea to put workshop in the middle and put the important stuff around it for the Gremlin workers?
>>
>>388468521
good advice
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.