[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled. What are your final thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 293
Thread images: 32

File: the phantom pain.jpg (23KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
the phantom pain.jpg
23KB, 460x215px
Now that the dust has settled.

What are your final thoughts?
>>
it was fun
>>
I'm still trying not to think about it, OP.
>>
STANDING
>>
Still trash. Nonexistent level design, repetitive gameplay, no story, a sloppy mishmash of different ways to make you buy microtransactions.
>>
Great until the last 5%.
>>
I like it. Could have been way more and it still disappointed me, but it's still a good game.

WAY BETTER THAN MGS 4, AT LEAST. FUCK THAT PIECE OF TRASH.
>>
>>388458392
OP here, this sums up my experience perfectly, well maybe i'd say last 3% or so.
>>
>>388458489
Saw you in the other thread.

Why do you hate 4 so much? It has it's flaws and the cutscene-gameplay ratio is absurd, but I liked it more than V despite that
>>
It was good, but again it has been proven that the game is NOT complete. One big chunk of the game was ripped out it's disappointing, but thats konami for ya.
>>
>>388458192
Never played a metal gear in my life, will I enjoy this one if I give it a go? Will I understand what the fuck is going on?
>>
>>388458192
still waiting for the MGS5 / MGR2 / HL3 tri-crossover title
>>
File: 1499120567466.jpg (15KB, 172x183px) Image search: [Google]
1499120567466.jpg
15KB, 172x183px
>hear some fag shout STANDING from his window
>knock on his door
>he opens it with greasy hair and beard with an eyepatch a DD t-shirt and red paint over his arm
>he looks in shock at my grey hair, mustache and suit
>i pull out my gun
>"LIQUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID"
>i shoot myself
>360 and walk away

>>388458489
>he hates 4
BRO LOOK AT ME SUCKING THIS SMALL GOOK DICK! WOAH I AM TOTALLY BAMBOOZLED.COM! THANKS KOJIHACK FOR LETTING ME LICK THE SWEAT FROM YOUR BALLS MY DUDE
>>
whoa OOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>388458192
If you discount criticisms outside of the game itself, I.e. hype, marketing, and "cut content", MGSV is the singularly greatest gaming achievement of the last 10 years or more, successfully bridging the gap between fully immersive, intuitive, and emergent gameplay and a narrative that fully integrates the concepts of the plot into its delivery. A masterpiece, intent not only on entertainment, but also true art.
>>
>>388458192
I really wish they had finished it. Inb4 some tard starts arguing over the meaning of "finished".
>>
>>388458192
I loved it. Dropped 400 hrs in it.
>>
i was having a blast until they made me repeat missions to further the story which made no sense
>>
>>388459921
i dont know if this is pasta but i agree with it
>>
>>388458192

It's great. The gameplay is really fun, and I'm enjoying it thoroughly.
>>
>>388460058
but they didn't. did you not play peace walker? christ.
>>388459921
somewhat agree.
>>
>>388458747
It ruined the entire series, I will never forgive it.
>>
>>388458348
ON THE EDGE
>>
The biggest disappointment of my gaming life, and an awful sendoff to the core soul of a MGS game. Inexistent bosses, no codecs, little to no memorable moments, no easter eggs when interacting to the world, and many many more

Still 10/10, but for reasons not related to MGS. Near flawless TPS gameplay, a shitton of approaches to missions and some other shitton of customizables and options. Optimized as fuck on PC and you can run it on a potato. 1080/60fps on current gen while still maintaining some pretty graphics and lightning
>>
File: cantpleaseanyone.png (901KB, 1360x770px) Image search: [Google]
cantpleaseanyone.png
901KB, 1360x770px
>>388460072
I will defend this game to my dying breath if only to open people's eyes to the ingenuity both of this and MGS4's use of ludonarrative to open people's eyes to the potential of storytelling, gameplay, and immersion. The casual ignorance in the name of "fun" is offensive to me. Not always, as some games are supposed to be simple motor exercises. But not here. Not with these two games.
>>
>>388458747
It's a half assed "warzone" in the first chapter, a worse MGS3 in the second chapter and completely drops any kind of sneaking gameplay that makes MGS MGS for the rest of the game.

Ignore the cutscenes, 3/5ths of the game are complete shit. So we're left with a grand total of 2 hours of good gameplay. It's fucking trash.
>>
File: 1447742251167.png (800KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447742251167.png
800KB, 1280x720px
>>388460224
How so?
>>
>>388460409
>inexistent bosses
Quiet, Man on Fire, Sahelanthropus, the three Skulls units, Eli, reverse Quiet
>no codecs
It's a sequel to PW, so it was expected
>no memorable moments
The opening, The Devil's House, Vengeance on Skull Face + the ending of chapter one, everything with Huey, Shining Lights, Paz, the ending
>interacting with the world
What?
>>
>>388460537
Awful plot that ruins the characterizations and events from MGS 1 through 3.
>>
>>388461103
To be honest, 1-3 weren't that great either.
>>
I felt lulled into thinking the game was good "in the moment", because of how extremely polished it all felt, and I didn't even question the fact that the game had practically no substance or reason to exist in it's finalized state.
It has definitely impacted my ability to enjoy games simply for what they are, and there's fuckall I can do about it now.
>>
>>388460824
Those bosses are shit and you know it. Nothing special about them; there are no unique mechanics or quirks of a proper MGS boss fight. When I first faced quiet I thought it would be something special, but it ended up being nothing.

The opening and shining lights are the only good ones. The rest are fine but just because the atmosphere is great and the way they handle the cinematics is top notch; nothing related to MGS

>What?

Easter eggs, unlockables, pointing/equipping things and getting side info and maybe optional conversations (none of that "hey, that's a wolf... wolves are bad") thing. The world is big as fuck but they didn't use it for anything. Hide something in a corner, for fuck's sake

I remember when I dropped down on that foggy part in africa and it was scary as fuck. That was a lot of missed potential, as nothing really happened
>>
File: 189.png (393KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
189.png
393KB, 557x605px
Overall it was pretty good. Its story was shit but barely impacted the other games in a meaningful way so whatever. The the gameplay had perfect controls, but often severally lacked good level design.
>>
Big Boss did nothing wrong
Venom was a plant
>>
unfinished trash, worst metal gear game
>>
>>388461418
>the bosses are shit and you know it
lmao, nice argument you cuck.
>unique mechanics or quriks
so you rushed through. never bothered trying different things on bosses, yet you call them shit. fuck off, retard. they're infinitely better than what we had in 4 and PW, and I'm pretty sure you never bothered with PW.
>are the only good ones
>Paz isn't good
>Vengeance isn't good
>Ending isn't good
What a faggot with shit taste you are.
>>
Liked it when it was new, tried to play it again recently and got bored.
>>
>>388461917
not him but if you think the bosses are anything but shit you are objectively retarded
>>
>>388461917
Insulting and assuming is all I read in this counterargument

Different shit my ass lmao. Drop a crate on quiet and spray some water on MoF; that's it.

You have nothing. Those are all undeniably bad moments that lack any soul or substance from previous MGS games, for better of worse.

"They were shit" isn't an argument. They were SOMETHING, and V lacks this something no matter how much you try to shitpost
>>
>>388461917
>they're infinitely better than what we had in 4 and PW
4 had the fight with Ocelot
PW had the whole monster hunter vibe going on it
Quiet's "Boss Fight" was a joke, so where the man on fire encounters and Sahelanthropus
>>
MGS4

>Raiden vs Vamp fights
>Naomis death
>Snake vs Ocelot fight
>this is good isn't it
>Father and Son theme
>microwave scene
>the entirety of act 4
>eva death

MGS5

>WHOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>388459921
Agreed. I loved it and enjoyed it greatly. Never played a game that had gameplay that gold and fluid.
>>
>>388461219
1 through 3 were masterful.
>>
>>388458489
Yeah, 4 was and still is the best one at gameplay
Also good leveldesign
>>
File: 1502681975833.png (534KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1502681975833.png
534KB, 480x640px
>>388458192
OutSTANDING

Missions get repetitive, could've used more variety.

Ending and story sucks, but I mostly judge a game by it's gameplay, not story.

9/10 for me
>>
>>388462676
I forgot to mention, Infinite Heaven Mod basically saves the game and makes it into a sandbox heaven.
>>
File: WHOOOO.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WHOOOO.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>You too have known loss, and that loss torments you still. You hope hatred might someday replace the pain, but it never goes away. It makes a man hideous, inside and out. Wouldn't you agree? We both are demons. Our humanity won't return."

How can this game be so good sometimes and so...absent on others ?
>>
>>388462586
>>388461917
RAY VS REX
>>
>>388458192
Good soundtrack
Good core gameplay
FOB are fun
shaky camera that leads to kino frames
>>
Good gameplay, felt like the bases didn't get traps/cameras early enough. Not enough enemies on bases even after several full alerts. No HQ checks for squads is disappointing, HQ not sending a squad to check up on missing checks/squads is disappointing.

So much neat F.O.B. stuff should have been used against us in the single player.
>>
File: 1501276448325.jpg (230KB, 850x1208px) Image search: [Google]
1501276448325.jpg
230KB, 850x1208px
I was expecting an open world, massively improved Snake Eater 3.

Disappointed, but I still enjoyed it to some extent.
>>
>no coop
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>388462323
Saying something subjective is objective makes you objectively retarded, you fucking faggot.
>>388462461
>monsyer hunter
nope
and Ocelot was a shit fight for fanboys who creamed themselves over fanservice.
>was a joke
It's a fully realised The End, with no loading screens. and you can fucking die, unlike the one in 3.
>>388462437
>any soul or substance from previous MGS games
kek, cringy dumb japanese shit isn't sould you fucking cuck.

>>388462628
You've never read a book in your life then. The stories were mediocre as fuck in all and the voice acting horrible in 2 and 3.
>>
File: muh photo realism.png (830KB, 1550x652px) Image search: [Google]
muh photo realism.png
830KB, 1550x652px
>>388462676
>>388462790
Does anybody know any open-world stealth games similar to MGSV?
>>
>>388462812
FANSERVICE
>>
File: HHH.gif (2MB, 320x184px) Image search: [Google]
HHH.gif
2MB, 320x184px
>All these PC gamers
The same people that used mods to get around real time development. The same people that used mods to interchange parts from weapons that couldn't be used. The same people that used mods to turn semi-automatic rifles into pinpoint accurate grenade launchers.
>>
>>388463313
>le book argument
Get over yourself.
>>
>>388463313
>It's a fully realised The End
Is this a fucking joke? it better be
>>
>>388458192
Shitty story, repetitive gameplay, lots of annoying shit like how each mission begins and ends taking forever, and yet its still better than 4.
>>
File: 1501452078661.jpg (39KB, 638x540px) Image search: [Google]
1501452078661.jpg
39KB, 638x540px
>boss rarely speaks so use a mod to replace him with a qt waifu operator
>game becomes 10 times better
>actually finish it this time
>>
>>388463386
>implying fanservice is bad
its pretty bad in mgsv, however
>>
>>388460824
>Quiet, Man on Fire, Sahelanthropus, the three Skulls units, Eli, reverse Quiet
Are you for real? You might as well consider the invisible elevator guys a boss fight if you think those count. Phantom Pain had exactly two boss fights: Quiet and Sahelanthropus. Everything else was a special encounter like Fortune or The Ocelot Unit.
>>
File: snake.png (381KB, 678x530px) Image search: [Google]
snake.png
381KB, 678x530px
What's good niggas and bitches.
I'm thinking of buying the definitive experience.
I liked Ground Zeroes, it's short but still had some fun.
I really like Kiefer Sutherland's voice. Is it worth playing/buying?
I enjoyed the first MGS, despite some cheesy dialogue. The second one started getting autistic, like with that vampire faggot. 3 was enjoyable despite having retarded controls. 4 went into turbo autism.
>>
>>388458192
It's shit, but with solid (haha) controls. Plot is worse than Ghost Babel.
>>
>>388464242
Now I know the game is evidently "unfinished" and lacking in story compared to previous games but does it hold up as its own?
Would I enjoy this as a semi socom tactical-ish game?
>>
>>388462809
This scene is so misunderstood (or simply not understood) that it's both funny and sad.
1. Its abnormally long, with stretches of silence to signifying the unending nature of war. Peace is only a temporary lull in the perpetual animosity.
2. It is a spoken monologue, which both ties the plot together with irony (Skullface is at war with the English language yet is beholden to it to justify his actions) and mirrors the "might makes right" doctrine wherein those warring beligerants with the upper hand monopolize the resources and rules of the world.
3. The protagonist is held captive, immovable: Kojima here posits that those who "win" wars are in no better position as those who "lose" them. A mutual parasitism of rotating fortunes forever revolving as satellites of chaos and destruction.

Sadly, the world was not ready to hear what and how Kojima wanted to express himself.
>>
>>388464242
>3 was enjoyable despite having retarded controls
>3
>retarded controls
Absolutely get TPP, it's perfect for people like you.
>>
File: 71a.gif (55KB, 678x422px) Image search: [Google]
71a.gif
55KB, 678x422px
>>388458192
I did a review of this game when it was still somewhat new.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vo7TGZ6Wnk&t=5s
Looking back, I actually miss it quite a bit. I really want to get back into MGO3 but one of the main reasons why I stopped was because none of my friends liked it and the buddy system strongly encourages teamwork. So much about the game offered a ton of freedom but it's disappointing that none of it is balanced so any challenge is player imposed. It's a little all over the place but it still manages to be really fun. The incomplete ending still hurts me to this day.
>>
>>388460316
OF THE CRATER
>>
>>388463313
>Saying something subjective is objective makes you objectively retarded, you fucking faggot.

i didnt say anything subjective though
>>
>>388463313
>It's a fully realised The End
After realizing that Quiet was programmed to be impossible to sneak up on, I stood in the middle of the arena and simply shot her every time she ran to one of her set sniping locations. After every hit she would run """""""""invisibly""""""""" to the next one and I didn't even have to move to line up a shot, wait for her invincibility to wear off and trigger her repositioning again. Don't compare that garbage fight to The End.
>>
>>388464460
The scary part is that I can actually see someone taking number two seriously and parotting it somewhere.
>>
>>388464242
If you had fun with Ground Zeroes then you should pick up MGS5. It's more of the same while being expanded upon. The fanservice and asspulling story in MGS5 is a bit much, and I'm not just talking about Quiet either, but I wouldn't say its as bad as MGS4.
>>
>>388464617
>After realizing that Quiet was programmed to be impossible to sneak up on
This really disappointed me, especially considering how well done The End was. Quiet was ok but she's closer to Sniper Wolf than to The End, although she's worse than both.
>>
>>388464242
>I liked Ground Zeroes, it's short but still had some fun.
Ground Zeroes was fun because it had something TPP didn't: level design. Actually, it was also more fun because it lacked things that were present in TPP, such as the fulton, sneaking suit, godmode undetectable companions, etc.
>>
Wish I could play all the mgs games in japanese. Raiden actually sounds like a manly man there.
>>
>Bought MGSV on Steam when there was a discount for $30.
>More than one year later, I still have not bothered to even play it once.
What is keeping me back /v/? Why am I still posting in this thread?
>>
>>388464767
>>388465034
But overall gameplay is fine right, repitition aside?
>>
>>388465034
Agreed. Fulton is fine because TPP would be pretty ridiculous without it but maybe there should be less of an emphasis on capturing soldiers? Maybe individual soldiers should have more value? I do feel like the game got pretty silly when I started to, literally, capture soldiers by the truckload. Maybe Fulton supplies should be extremely limited? Anyway, GZ was better but it didn't have much content. If TPP was a collection of 10 GZ size maps, it might have been a better product overall.
>>
>>388465109
>tfw japanese MGS4 kept original Liquid VA for Liquid Ocelot
I wish Cam Clarke voiced Ocelot, would've made 4 a little bit less shit
>>
>>388465309
I could theoretically see myself playing Ground Zeroes at some point in the future because it's rather well made. I would never consider going back to V. Not only are there no difficulty modes, you actually have to go to the install directory and delete your save file if you want to start a new game. It's ridiculous. Putting that aside, all "bases" in the game have less complexity than the Shagohad warehouse and I have no desire to infiltrate them ever again.
>>
>>388458192
It's fun enough but you need Infinite Heaven to make it good. I'm surprised that people complained so much about the unfinished story and praise the gameplay while Kojima added infinite stamina/sprint, regenerating health, and didn't think to enable things like the patrols between bases in Free Roam.
I'm actually a bit excited for Survive since it'll be fixing some of these issues
>>
>>388458489
Ok. Enjoy your shitty rock-skin zombies, no real boss fights, and two recycling maps.
>>
File: 1496746825967.png (903KB, 992x771px) Image search: [Google]
1496746825967.png
903KB, 992x771px
How do parasites allow Skull Soldier to pull firearms out of their hands? Do they access other dimensions?
>>
>>388465309
Oh yeah, I'd say so. From a pure gameplay perspective, TPP is great. Super easy to control and a ton of freedom to do pretty much whatever you want. It's a really fun experience but keep in mind that it does get a bit repetitive. It has a microtransactions approach in that equipment upgrades requires a ton of materials and time to build, which is stupid and needlessly slows the game down even more so but if you don't mind repeating missions to get a better grade then it shouldn't really affect you much. Unfortunately, top tier equipment basically gives you an S-rank for fucking free so the challenge is questionable.

I don't know how else to put it. It's flawed as all fucking hell and the game is a bit of a mess but it does enough well that it's fun to play through. As I'm sure you've noticed on /v/, it's also incomplete. The game just suddenly ends with gapping plot holes. It will inevitably leave a really bad taste in your mouth but it's still well worth playing.
>>
>>388465910
Mod it nigger.

You can change just about anything with Infinite Heaven.
>>
>>388466253
Infinite Heaven has user created levels and a map editor?
>>
>>388458192
I had fun, but it could have been so much more.
>>
>>388466117
Thanks. Enjoy your shitty movie that ruins the whole series.
>>
>>388459823
audible chuckle
>>
>>388464546
LIKE THE PROPHET ONCE SAID
>>
>>388458192
game of the year, but it had so much potential for game of the century and konami killed it
>>
File: 1430799068970.png (388KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
1430799068970.png
388KB, 500x475px
GZ had the best looking Big Boss.

Fact.
>>
9/10 for me. Lived up well enough to the hype. My only complaint is the pointlessness of chapter 2. They should have ended it after the first Sahelanthropus battle and tagged the big reveal onto the end of the credits.
>>
>>388467104
We can all agree
>>
>>388467104
I dislike that he looks completely different from MGS3 Naked Snake. Old Snake looks like an aged Solid Snake, but Big Boss looks like a completely different person now. Different facial structure, nose shape, everything.
>>
how can anyone like mgs4 gameplay? octocamo is basically stealth camo
>>
>>388467183
It would have made more sense if the game ended there, which was a pretty comfortable place to "pause" the story, and then continue it with DLC. It would've gotten flak for it, and rightfully so, but it's better than what we ended up getting. Speaking of which, why the fuck isn't MGSurvive DLC? It uses the same foundation, it would be a cool feature to use your soldiers and equipment from the main game - it makes no sense for this to be a separate game. The whole thing feels like maximum jew.
>>
Got it during the summer sale
Still playing it
Just finished mission 20
Maxed Quiets rep
Maxed dog's rep
did the meme thing with quiet
was expecting titties was disappointed
played on my birthday while drunk
got the birthday mission
broke down crying

all in all so far pretty solid 8/10 combat's a little clunky was expecting more gun customization and would have liked more diversified combat abilities, I know I might get shit for it but Farcry's chaining of sneak attacks always got me rock hard
>>
>>388468064
And yet the stealth is still magnitudes more difficult than any section of TPP, a game that doesn't even have camouflage.
>>
>>388466181
Metallic Archaea, that's also the reason why they can destroy your vehicles by turning them into rust buckets.
>>
>>388467104
Do you mean in a gay way or just general aesthetic? Imo I think Venom looks the coolest, but GZ Big Boss looked pretty cool, it would have been nice to see him in some of the other Peace Walker gear, like the Jungle Fatigues.
>>
File: huh.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>388469901
>gay way
>If a man says another man looks beautiful, it's gay
>>
>>388464460
This post is probably copypasta or a pastiche of Kojima-satire memery, but fuck it, I agree.
>>
>>388470075
Dude it's an MGS thread, 60% of its participants are cock jockeys.
>>
File: 1441574643288.jpg (932KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1441574643288.jpg
932KB, 2560x1440px
>>388470075
>MGS thread
>surprised there's fags in it
>>
>>388458192
fun game with great gameplay but an underwhelming story that felt inconclusive.

Also, some missed gameplay opportunities that really irk me (escaping an alert base is way too easy, as is escaping a hot zone- these could have been the chance to have epic chase sequences and escapes, instead you always outrun them by driving straight for 3 seconds)

Overall it is a great game, but a weak story.
>>
>>388470075
>>388470209
Every time I go into an MGS thread, whenever sexual attraction is involved, it's all the lust about Quiet and rarely about any men at all.

Do I not go onto threads at the right time, or did I miss all the fun a while back?
>>
>>388468435
>maxed Quiet's rep
Anon... I hope you're playing on PC
>>
>>388470493
>he doesn't know about cloaked in silence[reunion]
>>
>>388464460
That one anon that explained how this scene was supposed to take place in KGB Zero's secret lab is easily the part that hurts the most. It just goes to show how a change of scenery can ruin a cutscene.
>>
File: HUH.png (115KB, 540x645px) Image search: [Google]
HUH.png
115KB, 540x645px
>>388470075
Face it Anon, you're a fag if you're going to deny yourself like that. Do you have a girlfriend at the moment?

P.S. Welcome to our humble abode
>>
>>388464013
It's gotta be weird when they 'do' speak

>10/10 waifu boss
>Gruff Sutherland voice
>>
>>388458192
Should have cut the open world, it's the object lesson in why Japan can't make them (or at least couldn't until Nintendo released BOTW) and actually detracts from the game. Overcorrected for the "MGS4 is a movie" complaints by almost entirely removing the story and putting it in tapes, another blunder.
>>
>>388464362
Yes.
>>
>>388458489
4 is better than V, PW and 3 desu.
>>
>>388459383
Yes you can enjoy it, no you won't understand a lot of it. I mean, you'll be able to follow the main thread of the story (dickass does dickass things to super soldier, giant robots ensue) but there's a lot of depth you'll be missing.
>>
>>388464617
>Not dropping a tank on her.
>>
File: 1501625970245m.jpg (112KB, 1024x555px) Image search: [Google]
1501625970245m.jpg
112KB, 1024x555px
I beat this game yesterday.
I liked it better than 4, although 4 had a god tier ending.
Vs ending was good, the problem was that it just stopped after that. No confrontation of Venom with Ocelot, no meeting Big Boss or seeing Outer Heaven, no Liquid or Mantis follow up. It's just "go back to side ops and FOBs faggot".
>>
>>388470645
I didn't. Good to know that they FINALLY patched her back in. It shouldn't been an issue in the first place though.
>>
>>388464040
>>388462812
>counting QTE bossfights

>>388462586
What are you trying to say?
>>
>>388471606
>MGS4 is better than MGS3
What a ridiculous opinion.
>>
>>388470946
>Do you have a girlfriend at the moment?
N-n-no
>>
>>388471850
>FINALLY
yeah, two months after launch in patch 1.06
>>
>playing Ghost Recon Wildlands
>keep wanting it to be more like MGSV
>load up MGSV
>oh yeah, that's why I stopped playing
Konami are more Jewish than Ubisoft, let that sink in for a minute.
>>
>>388471850
>It shouldn't [have] been an issue in the firs place though
Agreed. Given that literally nothing happens outside of "Truth" after her mission, and the plot needed a deus ex machina to get rid of her in the first place, reunion should've been part of launch.
>>
>>388471989
MGS3 is the weakest between 1,2,3 and 4 imo but it's still leagues ahead of PW and V imo.
>>
>>388458192
Needed more indoor sneakery. The opening with the hospital was the tightest shit.
>>
>>388472185
Damn, was it that soon? Either I completely missed it or I stopped playing the game before two months passed. I forget how long I played the game for but I know played a fair bit of the multiplayer which I'm pretty sure wasn't at launch.
>>
>>388472247
How is Wildlands? Is it just The Division: Columbia Edition or is it what MGSV should've been?
>>
>>388472247
If you're talking about the microtransactions then yeah, Konami went full jew with MGS5. Still, I'd rather play MGS5 than Wildlands any fucking time. Wildlands is such, such fucking shit.
>>
File: Venom_Snake_TTP.png (893KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Venom_Snake_TTP.png
893KB, 900x900px
>>388467104
He and Venom Snake are so handsome
>>388466224
Im okay with tedious grinding, as long as it keeps me going. Does it atleast have a decent amount of cutscenes? Because I'd like to just listen to Kiefer speak. I know there's tapes but yea.
>>
>>388472809
Probably not worth your time unless you have 1-3 other people to play coop with. Stealth has less depth than MGSV of course, since it's a tactical military game not a stealth game outright, but it has its moments of brilliance. Getting your buddies into position to blitz an army camp with silenced rifles is fun as hell. I haven't actually played The Division to compare it to. Also it's set in Bolivia.
>>
>>388472809
It's cracked now, if you can spare the bandwidth you might as well try it out. It has gear porn and gun porn to shame MGSV at least.
>>
>>388458192
fukin
sux
>>
>>388472809
It's not much like Division. It's more like GTA with it's vehicle acquisition and large, open world. In the end, though, it has a really low quality game. If you liked the Division then I guess you'll like Wildlands but stupid shit like questionable AI and wonky physics are too poor for me to overlook.
>>
>>388460523
desu I got more fun out of replaying MGS4 than experiencing new MGSV missions for the "first" time
>>
>>388466612
How does it ruin the entire series
When you skip the cutscenes if you can't stand them there is quality gameplay with good level design
>>
Pretty damn disappointed. It was my entry into the MGS series and it just felt like a generic action game. It had some nice touches, like the cassette player, and some of the gadgets were fun to use (once), but overall it just was lacking ... like the thing that made the series great was missing...
>>
>>388473569
I'm glad you're redpilled and could actually see how bad it was without having experience with playing previous entries for reference. Have you since given them a try?
>>
>>388473569
>like the thing that made the series great was missing...
Somebody to tell Kojima "no" when he went too far?
>>
Hey, is there any payoff on the whole Eli thing.

I think I've finished the game, but Eli, Mantis and the Kids left with the Metal Gear and I never got it or them back.
>>
File: tomokazu fukushima.jpg (123KB, 550x692px) Image search: [Google]
tomokazu fukushima.jpg
123KB, 550x692px
>>388473731
Probably.
>>
>>388472939
>I'd like to just listen to Kiefer speak
You are going to be extremely disappointed. Venom is practically a silent protagonist. Kaz and Ocelot are awesome though. There aren't too many cutscenes, not nearly as many as other Metal Gear games, but the few that are there are pretty good. I can't speak for everyone but the tedious grinding certainly kept me going because each upgrade felt substantial, at least until I finally became OP and money/materials didn't really hold any value anymore.
>>
>>388473784
The cut mission, which only exists as a storyboard/concept art video on a DVD with the collector's edition. (Also YoutTube.)
>>
>>388473569
I agree. I like the game but, honestly, I'm pretty fucking biased.
>>
>>388473784
Look up Mission 51: Kingdom of the Flies, preferably the youtube concept shit. It isn't in the game. Sahelanthropus is destroyed, the english strain is unleashed on an isolated island, Venom accidentally shoots Eli, and the Diamond Dogs are forced to napalm the island, most likely killing all the kids and cipher agents there. Mantis and Eli escape though.
>>
Honestly speaking I loved it while I played it, but it's a terrible game in retrospect, as a finale, and in comparison to other games in the series.
>>
>>388473808
Fucking hell but still I guess I'll go ahead and get it. I'll have both GZ/TPP with whatever extra outfits and whatnot is included atleast. Still, disappointing.
>>
>>388458192
I'm considering buying it but I can't find a demo. Never played an MGS game before but everybody raved about Phantom Pain and it does look kinda cool sneaking around. Don't give a fuck about the story though. Is online active or is it single player only by now?
>>
>>388474319
Online is still fairly active.
>>
>>388474319
GZ is literally the demo

I paid $30 for it on release
>>
Friendly reminder that even if Chapter 3 was finished MGSV would still be a disappointment.

Did Caramel kill himself yet?
>>
>>388460824
Solid Snake vs Liquid Snake was more memorable. Naked Snake vs The Boss was more memorable. Hell, even Liquid Ocelot vs Old Snake was more memorable than any boss battle in MGSV.
>>
>>388459921
this
>>
>>388474520
>MGSV would still be a disappointment
Perhaps a bit underwhelming, but not nearly the disappointment it is now. Story-wise, the only thing that can be done is delivering on the promises of the trailers that haven't already been met or thematically betrayed, even if half-heartedly. At least there would be closure and a total lack of unanswered questions.
>>
>>388474160
"Disappointing" defines TPP thoroughly. It's not bad but man, it's painfully obvious that it should've been more. So much is obviously missing from the game. I really just do not understand why it wasn't finished as DLC. It makes no fucking sense.
>>
shit story, excellent gameplay
Kojima did nothing wrong, fuck Konami
>>
>>388475063
It's disappointing and bad. It's missing a lot of things even Peace Walker had.
>>
>>388473720
Another guy who started with MGSV here, I feel like it's a 10/10 game that was delivered 70% finished. I've since gone back to play the numbered games and I'm torn between 2 and 3 as my favorite.)

>>388475143
>Kojima did nothing wrong, fuck Konami
This sentiment is why Death Stranding will be a massive success that people look back on five years later and wonder why they liked it.
>>
>>388475143
Idk seems like Kojima did a bunch wrong like cutting shit out because of watching a movie. What a tard. I think Death Stranding will show who really was to blame for the fiasco. Can't blame Konami if it's shit
>>
>>388475143
Friendly reminder that 5 years of dev time and $80 million was somehow not enough for Hackjima to finish his game.
>>
It should have been a bunch of Ground Zeroes taped together instead of the two huge empty open worlds we got. GZ managed to focus its environmental mechanics into one area, like guard shifts, messing with the power, security cameras, etc., while TPP just ended up spreading a bunch of the mechanics out too much and they seemed to barely matter. Stuff like climbing up cracks in walls can bring a new way to infiltrate areas, but I can barely remember a time where I ever saw one in a mission.
It also needed more interiors, and the ones that were there could have been way better, too.

The missions are also all kind of boring. None of them really stick out in my mind as a great one and the ones in the middle and near the end just end up blending together for me. It also doesn't help that there aren't any of the wackier, more fun, and less conventional types of missions from PW and GZ, like Ghost Photography and Deja/Jamais Vu.
Gunplay felt pretty good, though, and Snake felt less tanky than he did in GZ, which is kind of why I want them to just port Camp Omega into TPP

The plot was pretty boring, and the tone of the whole thing was pretty tame for most of it, especially compared to Ground Zeroes, but that might just be because the story was spread so thin.
The whole thing just feels underwhelming, even compared to MGS4, which managed to have some really great moments despite some of the bullshit that surrounded it, especially the Liquid Ocelot fight.

Returning characters are incredibly underutilized outside of maybe Huey. New characters don't do enough to make them interesting outside of memes.
Skullface was a weak antagonist, which I guess was a point Kojima was trying to make, and Venom was a pretty boring, mostly silent protagonist, which I also guess was what Kojima wanted to go for, but that doesn't necessarily make them good.
>>
>>388473720
>Have you since given them a try?

Haven't had the motivation. Maybe I should sack it up and do it, but I've kind of had them spoiled, or at least a lot of the things that make them interesting spoiled.
>>
>>388475349
You can blame Konami for wanting the game on last-gen consoles which led every location to be completely barren. You can also blame them for firing Kojima long before release and only removing content from trailers and demos to show for it. Oh, and microtransactions.
>>
>>388475538
Something I wanted to add onto this but ran out of room:

The writing feels really stiff most of the time. I'm not really sure how to put it better than that. Sometimes it seems like they're trying to force the actors to say stuff like PHANTOM and REVENGE and PARASITE even when it would sound pretty awkward in English, like it's almost a literal translation at times which isn't something I thought I would see out of a AAA game from 2015. I know the other MGS games kind of have a similar problem, but I never felt like it was as bad as it was in TPP.
>>
Post your chopper music faggots, bonus points for period suitable songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26wEWSUUsUc
>>
>>388475349
Death Stranding has the opportunity to be Kojima unfiltered and unrestrained. It'll either be brilliant or it'll be garbage. I'm pretty excited for it either way,
>>
>>388459921
As a standalone game MGSV is a bloated mess with an open world wide as an ocean but deep as a puddle, terrible boss "fights", repeated side ops for padded length, plot forced into audio tapes, bland and unmemorable characters (Huey and Miller aside), generally poor writing, too many useless weapons, and dumbed down stealth mechanics compared to the more in-depth but underutilized mechanics in MGS4. Maybe if you haven't played any open world game released in the past ten years it might seem like an amazing achievement, but really it's barely above the likes of Far Cry 3. Even its own prequel/demo is far better by virtue of just having one really well designed level and focusing everything around that.
>>
>>388475895
Shit man, I had a whole playlist of neat period AND location appropriate songs picked out, but didn't get to use them cause I played on console
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNiKEmIRqIU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ATk7VI0PAs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z1DRWuJ6lI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMLMRWONZMU
>>
>>388475936

If it releases, it's going to be a mediocre 3rd person shooter with a pretentious story and one interesting gimmick that gets old after 30 minutes of play. If it releases
>>
>>388475936
>very first thing Kojimbo is showing off is all his actor friends
I've tempered my expectations for Death Stranding by a lot. The trailers are cool, sure, but he hasn't actually sold me on a GAME yet.
>>
Does the steam version still have denuvo or did they get end up removing it?
>>
>>388477049
>has Konami removed DRM
Top lel kiddo.
>>
File: 1.jpg (105KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
105KB, 1000x750px
>>388471606
>>
File: 1498417533521.png (4KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
1498417533521.png
4KB, 183x275px
>>388471606
>4 better than 3
You were this close to making a correct comment and you fucked it up
>>
>>388458192
rangeban everyone who thinks dust settles
>>
>>388475538
>Skullface was a weak antagonist, which I guess was a point Kojima was trying to make
>The writing is shit on purpose!
I can't wait for the explanation of the meta of making Chapter 1 revolve around magical fucking African zombies that hurl boulders at notSnake. Because that, a lame fucking asshole, and listening to an old cunt in a wheelchair try to explain parasites through 30 minutes of technobabble is totally why I play Metal Gear games.
>>
>>388458192

A victim of open world over-saturation.
>>
>>388478805
If you're implying that MGSV would be better if there were less open world games you would be very very wrong.
>>
>>388458192
Nothing better has come out since and it was at least better than 4.

Also MGO is criminally underrated
>>
>>388478805
Not really, if you were an actual fan of the previous games it's pretty much what you could have hoped for minus a somewhat undercooked story
>>
>>388479238
no
>>
>>388479479
yup, sorry I always thought POOPS would have been better if you could explore the sourrounding environment of the outposts more.
>>
>>388479690
yup, sorry you're not an actual fan of the previous games
>>
>>388479796
lol ok
>>
>>388479238
Nah, as a longtime fan I can safely say I would have rather had BB's story end at 3. PO, PW, and V are the weakest games in the series.
>>
>>388458192
I wish you died a painful death for starting another "now that the dust has settled" thread.
>>
>>388479916
sounds like you don't really understand it

Also, V has the best mechanics of the entire series
>>
>>388479238
Ground Zeroes was closer to what I wanted than TPP.
TPP is just too spread out and only has a few good locations in its huge open world.
>>
>>388480234
And Andromeda has the best mechanics of any Mass Effect game, but that doesn't make it anything but an unmitigated disaster.
>>
>>388480374
TPP is still a better game. A single FOB is at least as big as CO

>>388480447
wow do you play The Order:1886 unironically, too?
>>
>>388480234
Best mechanics goes to 4
>>
>>388480835
no
>>
>>388458192
I hate all the grinding you have to do to get the good shit.
>>
>>388480691
Every environment in V is trash compared to the design of Camp Omega.
>>
>>388475936
No, third option is what will happen: it will be garbage but the fanboys who have sucked Kojima's cock for 2 decades, telling him he can do no wrong, will say that it's actually brilliant and just 2deep4you. Doritos Pope will award Death Stranding Game of the Eternity at his award show and then drop his pants on stage and beg Kojima to fuck his ass in front of everyone.
>>
>>388480234
>best mechanics
It has the smoothest movement, but is otherwise dumbed down in every way compared to 3 and 4.
>you didn't really understand lmao
Maybe but I do understand that everything we needed to know about Big Boss's downfall was perfectly done in 3's ending and everything else just drags shit on so we can wank over The Boss with garbage writing.
>>
>>388480234
>n-no you just didn't understand it! it was definitely good!!!

>>388480691
>big maps bigness=goodness
>wow would you play some other poopie game that isn't relevant to what we're talking about since it doesn't have good mechanics?
>>
>>388480691
I don't care how big an FOB is, and I barely care about doing FOBs.
Most locations in TPP don't even come close to how well designed Camp Omega was.
>>
>>388480949
There's no grinding in this game as it has real time gameplay mechanics
>>
>>388481034
Dude, it's a helipad and a boiler room.

>>388481086
>I barely care about doing FOBs.

Well that's your problem I guess as it has the best gameplay and is a large chunk of the overall game.
>>
>>388481279
Dude, MGSV is a desert, a jungle and some outposts
>>
>>388481279
And TPP is just a bunch tiny of buildings in the desert/forest.

> large chunk of the overall game
I really hate this honestly. I hate this pseudo pvp bullshit that they tried to push that you can't opt out of. It's not what I wanted out of MGSV and I don't find it that fun, especially when every Motherbase is basically the exact same.
>>
>>388481073
4 doesn't have good mechanics though because nothing is ever fleshed out.

Following some guy around for 3/4 of an act is not good gameplay especially when there's an install time in between each act
>>
>>388481148
t. hasn't tried to get 100%
Seriously fuck that shit
>>
>>388481358
yeah and. It's at least as good as CO on a much larger scale.

You also have a much bigger arsenal to fuck around with, too.
>>
File: 20170821210414_1.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170821210414_1.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>388458192
I really love it, except for the animal collection part. that was bullshit.
>>
>>388481476
>because nothing is ever fleshed out
Would you like to explain why?

One act being a following mission doesn't affect the quality of the mechanics
>>
>>388481475
Right but there's tons of variety to differentiate each output and even within the wilderness itself like how Afghanistan goes from grassy to dirt to heavy sand and all that.
>>
>>388481564
>. It's at least as good as CO
No it's not. Most locations in TPP don't even come close to being as thoughtfully designed as Camp Omega, nor are they as interesting to infiltrate
>>
>>388481613
Because it's a bunch of linear scripted hallways with occasional side missions along the way. And that's just the first two acts
>>
>>388481698

nah
>>
>>388481863
Thank you for your well thought out and interesting argument. I will take it into consideration and offer my retort

urafagit
>>
>>388458192
This game will forever stand for me as a reminder that a remade MGS3 with the Fox Engine will never exist. That, and we'll never get a level editor for it.
>>
>>388458192
Definitely disappointing, if only because of the insane amount of hype and the knowledge of what could have been had Kojima's relationship with Konami not soured. It's still the third best game in the series despite that, with only MGS1 and 3 being better. I'm sorry 2fags, but while your game was good it was also an even bigger disappointment back in 2001 and some autist's overreaching thesis doesn't change that.
>>
>>388458192

Got to chapter 4 and then realised that the majority of the game takes place in the same map and stopped playing. Stop with the fucking open world shit.
>>
>>388481937
>MGS3 with the Fox Engine will never exist
Good.

you millennials and your fucking remakes.
>>
>>388481935
A single FOB is much more complicated than CO in my opinion, but at worst TPP is two much bigger COs.
>>
>>388481937
>remade MGS3 with the Fox Engine will never exist
But anon...
>>
File: stupid2.png (244KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
stupid2.png
244KB, 640x480px
>>388482012
>chapter 4
>>
>>388481698
Camp Omega had far too few enemies for its size, and nothing to really do other than the main objectives. At least in TPP there's always resources to steal, guards to recruit, or side missions to take on. In GZ you have a big empty base and one objective at a time. Camp Omega was probably the most interesting MGSV location visually due to it having to most visual variety, but the actual level design sucked.
>>
>>388482065
Camp Omega is better than most of TPP and at worst on par with it's best areas. It really stands as a testament to how a huge open world wasn't the correct way to go with this series and how it would have been better to just have a few big base areas instead.
>>
>>388481937
MGS3 doesn't need a remake.
>>
File: 1488861784771.png (10KB, 284x178px) Image search: [Google]
1488861784771.png
10KB, 284x178px
>>388482225
>Camp Omega is better than most of TPP

Why
>>
>>388481767
It honestly just sounds like you don't like real MGS games
Try ubisoft ones
>>
>>388482225
>Camp Omega is better than most of TPP

It's the same fucking game. TPP has better controls though.
>>
>>388481672
You've got to be fucking kidding if you think running around a 100% empty desert/jungle to get to one of the three bases that all missions take place in is variety. I've literally never seen an open world game with as little to see/do in its open world as MGSV. This game absolutely did not need to be open world.
>>
>>388482376
Because it actually had some thought put into its design, had a better interior than any of the interiors in TPP, had multiple ways to infiltrate, and actually seemed to use most of the environmental mechanics introduced in MGSV, unlike most of TPP which seems to forget about them or barely make them relevant.
>>
>>388482445
no, this game is good because it doesn't repeat Ubisoft's mistakes
>>
>Those fucking child soldier missions where you're not allowed to kill them
Fuck these brainwashed little shits, they're trying to kill me goddammit, let me throw them off a fucking cliff
>>
>>388482604
Look, you just don't like MGS, that's fine
>>
>>388482573
>better interior
Fuck no it didn't. The only interior areas in GZ were the towers, storehouses, and that underground area with Paz that's only three fucking rooms. TPP's airport alone had a better indoors section.
>>
>>388482638
No. We wouldn't want a game about Big Boss' descent into evil to contain Big Boss being anything other than a saint.

or to be about Big Boss at all
>>
>>388482510
>100% empty

what, dude just use the fast travel

>>388482573
>it actually had some thought put into its design
doesn't mean anything, elaborate.

>had a better interior than any of the interiors in TPP
Mansion alone, and there's more collective variation in interiors AND outdoor level design in V anyway. And that's not even including FOB.

> had multiple ways to infiltrate
So does TPP

>actually seemed to use most of the environmental mechanics introduced in MGSV

Again meaningless. GZ had a fraction of what TPP had as well.
>>
File: 1.jpg (56KB, 607x607px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
56KB, 607x607px
>>388482102
>>
>>388482510
I hate MGSV but I think the idea of being "Big Boss" and building up your army in a more full fledged title than PW sounds cool, just very poorly executed.
>>
MGSV was the best stealth game I've ever played, I just wish the plot was on par with the gameplay.

My favorite custom sound track song recently:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlWp32BS2QI
>>
>>388482704
>I don't like the series I'm praising

okay.

The series you're thinking of ended at 4 btw.
>>
>>388482919
>what, dude just use the fast travel
Then why does the open world exist.
>>
>>388482919
>what, dude just use the fast travel
Excellent solution, all open worlds should be incredibly barren and fast travel should be used to alleviate this
>>
>>388483047
What point would fast travel have if the world wasn't big???
>>
>>388483071
nice strawman, faggot.
>>
>>388483016
Exactly, thanks for admitting that you don't praise real MGS games, that's why you shouldn't be assuming people who are actual fans of it would like V
>>
>>388483047
>>388483071
Not him, but the open world is basically so you can approach areas from multiple angles, take on multiple missions without going back to base, and accumulate resources. I can understand being a little disappointed with the lack of secrets but I don't know what else you guys were expecting. This isn't Skyrim; there was never going to be villages with NPCs and shopkeepers and shit like that.
>>
File: 1488285934861[1].jpg (49KB, 640x620px) Image search: [Google]
1488285934861[1].jpg
49KB, 640x620px
>>388483292
I'm able to enjoy V in the context of the greater series and it's unfortunate that you aren't.
>>
>>388483325
>there was never going to be villages with NPCs and shopkeepers and shit like that
wtf???? that isn't what I'm expecting, I just want tightly crafted memorable levels without pointless space inbetween
>>
>>388483325
The problem with your reasoning is that missions take place within restricted areas that still allow multiple approaches. You could literally cut out everything outside mission borders and the game would be better for it.
>>
>>388483535
FOB

>>388483598
Side OPs
>>
>>388483776
>FOB
He said levels, not level.
>>
>>388483292
Metal Gear fan since 1988 here. V isn't the best but it's a massive improvement over 4 and PW. You say 4 has the best mechanics but that's an outright lie. Most complex mechanics, maybe. But half of the shit is never required even once in the game and shit like the worm crawl and playing dead are near useless. The aiming is also stiff as fuck. That's not to mention that three of the five acts are bad or how Laughing Octopus is the only good boss. Say what you will about V's lack of bosses; at least it doesn't force you to go through tons of bad ones like 4 and PW did.
>>
>>388483776
>Side OPs
Trash filler "content" that exists to pad play time.
>>
>>388483864
There are 5 different FOBs with 4 platforms each tho, each of which can be customized by the owner
>>
>>388483887
>Laughing Octopus
>good boss
>implying Crying Wolf isn't one of the best fights in the series
wew lad
>>
>>388484108
Crying Wolf is the weakest Sniper battle in the series.
>>
>>388483921
No it's stuff for you to do in the apparently "empty" wilderness. Learn to play the game before shitting on it.

>>388484108
Reminder that V has Extreme Quiet btw
>>
>>388484210
>No it's stuff for you to do in the apparently "empty" wilderness. Learn to play the game before shitting on it.
Oh, you're a drone. Never mind.
>>
>>388484285
not an argument, guy. Don't forget V has some of the best control in any game ever so, you know, it is actually fun to pick up and play.
>>
>>388484153
That would be Quiet.
>>
>>388484153
If you're a fucking pleb maybe. It's one of the few fights in the series that actually tests your stealth skills. It's basically a very streamlined The End. Sniper Wolf is a great character but her actual fight is boring as fuck.
>>
>>388484434
Controlling well doesn't make the open world any less pointless and the side ops any less of blatant filler. I'm sorry I don't praise your lord and savior Kojima with every breath.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>388484479
>4fags unironically believe this
>>
Booted up MGSV for the first time in about 2 years.
I open the development menu and see a bunch of guns and now I'm just wondering why there are so many lethal weapons in this game, especially when you just get penalized for using them.
>>
>>388484571
uhmm yes it does, but I forgive you.
>>
>>388484434
>best control
lmao, they couldn't even get the aiming right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IepsOEm8x4c
>>
>>388484479
Quiet's fight was basically a glimpsed version of the End's without loading between areas. Crying Wolf was a challenge-free slog with pointless adds and that useless wind direction gimmick.
>>
>>388484603
Penetration and Effective Range mixed with different customizability options and minor changes
>>
>>388484540
It doesn't test your stealth skills at all. Or any skills, for that matter. Her AI is atrocious and she rarely has time to spot you let alone get a shot in. Her adds are more dangerous than her. It's a joke of a fight in a joke of a chapter.
>>
>>388484712

>30 minutes

nope
>>
>>388484850
FOB
>>
>people think FOBs are good and not a gimmick shoehorned in to get shekels out of idiots
>>
It's my first game in the series but I can't even be bothered to finish it. It's pretty much just a Ubisoft open world. All the same missions have been the same shit and I'm 25 missions in. Seriously is this shit gonna change at some point? The trailers and all the speculation about the game and all the praise kojima received left me with the impression id be getting a deep cerebral game with a story worth talking about. Yet there seems to be none or that to be found
>>
>>388485002
FOB's have more gameplay than the whole fucking Big Shell.

And you are not a japaniard you dont have to pay a cent for MB coins.
>>
>empty open world
>shitty tacked-on multiplayer gimmick
>unskippable "interactive" cutscenes where your movement is restricted
>side missions are constantly repeated to pad out length
Quiz time, am I talking about a Ubisoft game or MGSV?
>>
>>388485168
Play 1 2 and 3 to see what all the fuss was about. Also the good parts of the story were thanks to Fukushima or whatever his name was. Kojima is only good at game design ideas.
>>
MGO was fun when populated.
>>
>>388458192
MGO PUBG mode when
>>
It was ok.
>>
I liked it but it was severely flawed.
>>
>>388485168
I was also really hoping things would get better too but I just had to cut my losses and not waste anymore time in it to see if it would change
If you don't have any copies of older MGS games already, just get the MGS legacy collection, or just emulate if you don't have a console
>>
>>388485490
Never because the jew publishers have abandoned mgsv and any ideas for it will go to mg:survive. Mg:o had so much potential too. There should've been open world coop on that shit but now you'll have to buy survive to experience that kinda play because mgo is ded>>388485490
>>
What would you consider the best and worst missions in V?
I wan to revisit the game and try a few different approach to missions, but I really don't want to play the boring ones
>>
>>388485879
Missions on their own, or missions including their extreme/subsistence/total stealth counterparts?
>>
>>388485879
>best
Breaking in and getting Huey.
>worst
DUDE AIMBOT TANKS LMAO
>>
>>388485978
I guess including the extra difficulty missions, but now I've realized I never did any of them
>>
>>388485879
A best and a worst or multiple best/worsts?
>>
>>388486226
Multiple. The more the better
>>
>>388458192
i got like halfway through and stopped because its vapid
>>
>>388458192
fun gameplay kept me entertained for a long time. Metal gear game has a silly story, what a shock but this time it's extra silly and also not really finished. Having to wait real fucking time to develop stuff on mother base was gay. 7/10
>>
>>388484957
What does FOB have anything to do Crying Wolf?
>>
>>388486102
>>388486274
>Best
In terms of design, just about every extreme/total stealth/subsistence mission (excluding Occupation Forces) is top-tier, due to the original mission designs being respectable and only improved with higher difficulty. Likewise: the Honey Bee mission, Angel with the Broken Wings, Lingua Franca, Blood Runs Deep, Voices, and Skull Face are pretty memorable and well done. Quiet and Sahelanthropus make for great boss fights, if you don't use support for the prior.
>Worst
Hellbound, Cursed Legacy, Occupation Forces, Metallic Archaea, and Extraordinary.
>Conflicting
I have very conflicting thoughts regarding A Quiet Exit, The White Mamba, and Back Up Back Down.
>>
>>388485879
I enjoyed the game as a whole but my favorite missions are

Angel with Broken Wings
Honeybee Mission
Hellbound
Backup Back Down
Pitch Dark
Code Talker
Skull Face
Sehalanthropus
>>
File: 2015_09_06_00006.jpg (340KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2015_09_06_00006.jpg
340KB, 1680x1050px
>>388458192
it was ok
Thread posts: 293
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.