[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steam Refunds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1497400443005.gif (899KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497400443005.gif
899KB, 600x600px
whats to stop me from playing a game in offline mode then uninstalling steam/the game to prevent those hours being counted when I log back in or accessing steam via the website and then refunding the game?
>>
>>388455120
drm, you need steam to launch the game
>>
>>388455227
have they removed the ability to play offline? how will they know if you uninstall steam and remove any evidence you played whilst disconnected from the internet?
>>
>>388455227
I believe you only need to be logged in for the first time, other than that it's just games not worth playing with DRM.

However, OP, you're better off torrenting it at that point. Too many refunds will raise suspicion, and the next time you can't actually run a game- you've fucked yourself (figuratively, this time).
>>
>>388455120
It doesn't matter, refund too often and they're lock your account out of future refunds. Just pirate.
>>
>>388455475
>>388455673
i've refunded a few games so far, I think it might be worth doing it a couple times on some pricier games, at least for some scumbag that isn't me anyway
>>
>>388455474
>>388455475
games from steam depend on steamapi.dll, you literally cant open game.exe if steam is not installed
>>
>>388456372
you can play the shit out of a game all you like in offline mode though, then uninstall steam, reinstall and refund it
>>
>>388456601
try it and report back
>>
>>388456601
Yeah OP do that, make sure to buy a lot of games before that though
>>
>>388456956
>>388456768
i'm not sure what kind of guy you think I am but I'm just trying to point out flaws in steams refund system. I would never exploit it.
>>
>>388457305
you know what even bigger exploit is? playing games without even paying for them in the first place, if you are going to break the law do it properly retard
>>
>>388457458
try some relaxing music to calm your nerves friend
>>
>>388455120
>retards think they can outsmart a EULA poured over by dozens of lawyes every day
just pirate the game idiot
>>
>>388456372
what? only games with steamworks would even do that. you can literally play half life 2 without steam installed
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.