[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is he so fucking popular?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: 006Charizard.png (879KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
006Charizard.png
879KB, 1280x1280px
Why is he so fucking popular?
>>
Anime shilling
>>
File: Facts about Gen 1.png (97KB, 1383x347px) Image search: [Google]
Facts about Gen 1.png
97KB, 1383x347px
>>
File: fat charizard.jpg (100KB, 490x460px) Image search: [Google]
fat charizard.jpg
100KB, 490x460px
>>388453953
Why is he so fat?
>>
File: 1502020044604.jpg (89KB, 623x469px) Image search: [Google]
1502020044604.jpg
89KB, 623x469px
Squirtle and Charmander over Bulbasaur but I still choose the little green fuck because I love the challenge he provides by being so shit mid to late game
>>
>>388453953
Because kids found fire dragons cool back in the day.
>>
File: poke.jpg (536KB, 1690x950px) Image search: [Google]
poke.jpg
536KB, 1690x950px
Obvious reasons, cool looking fire dragon (Fire/Flying type obv)

Moreso than that, he can destroy if you use him right. He was my wrecking ball back in 5th Gen triples. Solar power Charizard+Whimsicott+Meinshao for a Sunny Day+Helping Hand+Feint+Heat Wave would eliminate most teams in two turns. I never even used my reserve 3 Pokemon half the time.

I played 6th gen less, but they made him even less lethal with Mega Y form giving him Drought built in. Never played 7th gen.
>>
>>388453953
It's a starter pokemon that's also a dragon, and more importantly it was on the cover
>>
>>388454684
>by being so shit mid to late game
what did he mean by this
He's actually the second best scaling starter with Sleep Powder and Leech Seed letting him get past pretty much anything.
Zard is trash the entire time.
>>
>>388454684
>challenge
>grass>rock
>grass>water
>grass>elec
>poison>grass
>>
>>388455069
He has that fight against Erika if you don't have any flying pokemon or psychic pokemon, or Butterfree.

>>388455154
Lean to read, mid to late
Koga's are resitant to grass
Blaine's are resistant to grass
Sabrina's do effective damage against grass
>>
>Debating all these shit mons
>They didn't just buy the superior version and get Pikachu
>>
>big plant monster
>big turtle
>a fire breathing dragon
also
>a game targeted at children

Gee, I wonder.
>>
cause he was a fucking dragon in what was one of the biggest splash hit popular anime franchises from fucking Nintendo.

in reality every pokemon was super fucking popular, he was just one of the most
>>
File: IL012_Im019.png (497KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IL012_Im019.png
497KB, 640x480px
Who /squirtlesquad/ here
>>
>>388453953
It was the dragonest monster in the game

kids like dragons
>>
>>388455372
>He has that fight against Erika if you don't have any flying pokemon or psychic pokemon, or Butterfree.
Erika will only use poison powder because the AI is retarded.
Sure you will have to rely on tackle and dealing chip damage but you will likely not take damage from anything but Tangela.
>>
>>388453953
It's a fucking dragon.
That's why.
>>
>>388453953
>fire is a popular classic element (aided by the fact that many children's media portrays the protagonist as having some sort of a relation to fire or the idea of fire)
>Western dragons are generally very popular designs
>Charizard itself is a simple design with a strong color pallet
Also, don't forget that Charizard was one of the first introductions many players of Gen 1 had to a Pokemon, besides Pikachu of course. Even today, Charizard is an easy introduction to what a Pokemon is. It's strong, dragon-like design and the fact that it's potentially one of the first Pokemon a player ever got let it's popularity skyrocket, even before the anime gave it a further boost.
>>
>>388453953
Because people want to fuck her
>>
>>388453953
>Burns shit
>Is a dragon (yes you're very clever for knowing types)
>Most memorable anime interpretation of a Pokemon besides Pikachu during the peak of Pokemon's mainstream popularity
>Design doesn't steer your view in a specific way, it's general enough for fans to project several different kinds of personalities onto it, but all of them are conventionally cool
>Merges eastern and western aesthetics simply and effectively. Creating worldwide appeal and a sense of immediate familiarity with the design even if someone has never seen it before
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.