[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dissidia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 503
Thread images: 51

File: Dissidia-Final-Fantasy-NT.jpg (155KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
Dissidia-Final-Fantasy-NT.jpg
155KB, 970x545px
I'm a little shocked at the negative reception this game is getting. Having played all the Gundam Vs games, hundreds of hours in the previous Dissidia games, Virtual On, Anarchy Reigns, etc.. I've played a lot of these arena fighters .

The previous Dissidia games were great for FF fans. The visuals were excellent, the voice acting was memorable (just by me saying Jecht you know a bunch of his lines just flashed through your head), and there was tons of content. It was flashy and entertaining, but as a game you play against others it was flawed and plagued by some really really negative matchups. And since it was 1v1, everyone in the end of the day was a fighter even tanks or healers.

I think this is definitely a step forward. The roster got huge by 012 Dissidia so having 3v3 allows for more characters to be seen. The team aspect of the game also allows for characters like Y'shtola, who is primarily focused on interrupting opponents, playing keep away, healing allies, and debuffing enemies. The relationship between agile melee characters like Zidane and casters like Terra feel much more engaging now because you are thinking about it more in the perspective of roles in a fight. A Caster can easily interrupt enemies who are comboing allies, but are vulnerable to being ganged up on.

The large arenas make a lot more sense now too. There is plenty of room to fight and it gives meaning to characters that have combos that travel the opponent a long ways. You can use this to isolate a caster from their teammates, for example. It also punishes players who don't keep their teammates in mind.

I do miss EX Mode and the supers which were awesome, but the summon system here is way better than assists and summons in the previous game. The cinematic is short and it provides a sort of mindgame that punishes players who gang up on one unit.

We know the full game will have customizable movesets too.
>>
>>388440428
Why does Tina look pixelated
>>
>>388440428
the characters look so cool in this game,fuck why they have to go with realistic instead of fantasy graphics every new game?
>>
I wanna marry Y'shtola
>>
>>388440428
>>388440428
gundam vs added a 1v1 mode because the game can work as 1 versus 1 game, thanks to the retarded changes in Dissidia like only one hp attack, 1v1 is impossible because you only have 1 way to deal damage so the game is built around team play something a lot of fans were not fucking asking for.

Ex mode and ex bursts are better in every way whether it be fan service, or cool transformations

in the end the game needs to change and bring back features that were removed due to this game focusing on 3v3

add back multiple hp attacks in matches, add ex bursts and ex mode and add a 1v1 mode and the game will be improved dramatically reception wise
>>
>>388440750
It's a mediocre screenshot of a screenshot of a magazine scan. At least I think that's the reason for OP's mediocre picture quality.
>>
The game plays slower than the PSP games and they're putting a focus on eSports and team shit. Needing 5 other players for the games main focus of 3v3 will make the initial playerbase lower and will be harder to keep alive. They want to have 50 characters which makes me feel individual character quality will take a hit along with characters being designed with 3v3. I want it to be great but there's a lot pointing to it being shit.
>>
>>388440750
That was one of the first images I got from Google. If I recall that picture is straightup taken off of youtube off a trailer of the game, so it looks horrible. In game she looks beautiful though.

>>388440905
I wish the mainline games looked like NT Dissidia. That is the perfect aesthetic for Final Fantasy. Bright, colorful, yet detailed. The faces are all beautiful looking too. Everyone looks cool. I can't wait to see Golbez, Gilgamesh, and Gabranth.

>>388441185
Gundam Versus works in 1v1 as much as League and Dota do. It isn't designed around it and anyone who takes it seriously is an idiot.
>>
I didn't like the game at first but playing it more and understanding the controls better has made me like it a little more.

It's a bit addictive for me. I am enjoying it now.
>>
>>388441626
>>388441626
the 50 character thing is not happening, ever. It was just a comment they made. they have been releasing characters every two months they might get to fifty in 2 years

>>388441771
>Gundam Versus works in 1v1 as much as League and Dota do. It isn't designed around it and anyone who takes it seriously is an idiot.

at least it is playable in 1v1 since while unbalanced can still occasionally have a low iter suit beat a high tier, the hp attack system dissidia has makes that impossible because some characters will have far better combos into their hp attacks no matter what combos the low tier character has in dissidia the high tier will always win
>>
Why is Y'shtola so fun?
>>
>everyone demanding ex modes to come back and letting you have more then one hp attack

I really hope square listens and changes it
>>
>>388442015
But who cares if it is playable? 1v1 exists in NT for the same reason it does in Gundam Vs: a containment mode. Everyone hated the 1v1 losers in Extreme Vs who would kick people if they joined the lobby. People openly mock the idiots that say "1v1 me bro" and now they can all play in a corner and leave everyone else alone.
>>
>>388442346
because the changes made to dissidia ruined it just so it could be 3v3. Now each character has one hp attack because now you will have to play a certain way to be on the team.

does gundam versus only give you one powerful move to deal damage? fuck no
>>
>>388442015
Dissidia has some phenomenal balance though, I've played every character and I don't think a single one is head and shoulders above the rest.
>>
File: 20170827095223.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20170827095223.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>388442058
I wish her HW outfit and weapon were in the beta.
>>
>>388442058
Because using holy while getting 2v1'd and watching them close in on you and then explode is a fantastic feeling
>>
>>388440428
>only 1 HP attack
>its the same for both ground and air
What were they fucking thinking.
>>
>>388442991
>He doesn't main the main man Vaan
>>
>>388442573
They intentionally did not give the game a name to imply it was a followup to Duodecim. It is its own thing. If people want the original games they are still there.

As for the HP move mechanic, that has never been the heart of the games. You use bravery moves to prepare for the HP move, which this game actually has quite a few bravery moves per character. Even within Dissidia, there was usually one to three key HP moves you would use in almost every situation. Some HP moves were strong raw, but there was usually one that was strictly for combo enders.

I have no issue with them only having one HP move though they should probably make everyone like Vaan and give two just to appease people. The bigger problem is that some of the HP moves in previous games were really cool so they need to be converted to bravery moves. For example, Gilgamesh's rocket punch and missile should both return as Bravery Moves though Missile would be an excellent HP move in 3v3.

I think a lot of people are confusing the function of HP moves with the moves themselves. Is the issue that you have less moves that are HP? Most HP moves in Dissidia had the same function and could be dodged with the exact same timing. Many of them were used as a combo ender after an assist. The combo ender one is no longer needed because you can do wallsplat combos and also followup your ally combos with a HP move. Go back and play Dissidia again. Pick Garland and tell me how many of his HP moves serve any actual purpose. Same with Gilgamesh.

>>388442646
That's one of the benefits of a 3v3 system I think. It makes it hard for the individual power level of a character to be too overpowering. I can't imagine we will have the Squall, Ultimecia, Exdeath problem we had in 012 where they just destroyed the rest of the roster.

>>388442991
At the very least I hope they change this. It is a little silly that the HP move doesn't change from ground to air.
>>
>>388440750

>Tina

fucking weeb
>>
Is class tied to specific characters or not?
>>
Game is fun as fuck but I'm lost on some of the character-specfic mechanics. Most notably the unique EX shit, I don't see it explained anywhere. With Terra I go into trance mode but what does that do? She still has to charge for attacks.
>>
>>388442991
Fucking this. I really hope this changes.
>>
>>388444275
Do you mean the roles? Each character falls under a category like Vanguard or Marksmen or Assassin, but whether or not that has any real meaningful impact to a character's design is something I'm skeptical of. So far they seem to fit the characters nicely though.
>>
>>388440428
>The roster got huge by 012 Dissidia so having 3v3 allows for more characters to be seen.
Wow it's a good thing they removed the whole roster and started from scratch then
>>
>>388442898
>what the fuck is happening : The webm
>>
>>388442290
>decide to play Tidus
>Pick Jecht Shot because in theory it should be a great asset. Can snipe fuckers if they dodge wrong, can snipe em when their busy.
>It's fucking slow as fuck
>doesn't immediately snap towards the enemy's position anymore

I could barely land any HP attack that match, which sucks because Tidus has such a neat toolset
>>
>>388440428
Why does everyone fly in this franchise like this is a DBZ game? Afaik the only characters in the original Dissidia that were known to fly in their games were Terra, Kuja, Kefka and CoD, all of which only did so in their super form.
>>
>>388440428

>add a rep from XIV
>choose one of the dry as all hell worst faction ever scions to represent

Shoulda gone with something like the canon trailer WoM having some sorta hybrid of a few jobs. Or gone with Alphinaud, Raubahn, fucking estinien anyone but fucking scions
>>
File: 06waza_Tina_E[1].jpg (595KB, 755x1080px) Image search: [Google]
06waza_Tina_E[1].jpg
595KB, 755x1080px
>>388444361
http://weblet.square-enix.com/dissidiaffnt-moves/
>>
You know, I feel like I could actually enjoy this quite a bit if the matches were longer and matchmaking didn't take so damn long.
Right now it's frustrating that you can lose in less than two minutes and you can't just hop back in. You have to sit there and stew in your frustration for potentially 6 minutes or something. That being said the matches have been smoother than what I was expecting for a 3v3 game, at least when you aren't fighting japs or some shit. I'll probably get it when it comes out but they need to change and add a lot for me to feel like I'll play it for an extended period of time.
>>
>>388444463
No I mean ranking.
>>
I've been enjoying the beta a lot despite constantly getting my ass kicked but I'm starting to realize how much I hate team based games. I know the main game will have 1v1 and 2v2 modes, but since the core game isn't designed around them I'm not sure how enjoyable they'll actually be.
>>
>>388445036
2v2 should be the perfect balance.
>>
File: 1501817900753.jpg (63KB, 417x749px) Image search: [Google]
1501817900753.jpg
63KB, 417x749px
>>388440428
>no EX bursts unique to each character
>instead we get summoning only bullshit that anyone can do
>>
File: ULUS10566_00033.png (731KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ULUS10566_00033.png
731KB, 1920x1080px
>>388440428
>The previous Dissidia games were great for FF fans.
Yes, and now this new game isn't. Instead they're trying as hard as they can to snipe the EXVS audience.

>but as a game you play against others it was flawed and plagued by some really really negative matchups.
I don't fucking care. I really could not possibly give less of a shit about competitive play. I liked it the way it was before, with an outrageous amount of singleplayer content, where you can play for hundreds of hours before even trying the multiplayer.
>>
I haven't played the previous Dissidias and have never played a Gundam Vs game and I think its alright.

The Beta feels barebones yet everyone seems to think this is somehow the final version
>>
>>388444713
you're confusing air dashing with flying.

You could equip that same ability, to dash freely in any direction in the original dissidias
>>
File: 1503796134849.gif (1MB, 551x430px) Image search: [Google]
1503796134849.gif
1MB, 551x430px
>>388444719
Should have the XI adventurer with their abilities based off all the jobs. Switch outfits and weapons for the job each attack is from. You get a modifier to each attack based on your last costume because subjob mechanic.
>>
>>388444520
Well of course they have to start from scratch. It is going from a PSP game to a 1080P HD arcade game with PS4 port. They want a 50 character roster and have said they want everyone from 012 to return.
>>
>>388440750
who the hell is Tina
>>
How can I get a code for the beta?
>>
>>388445297
>you're confusing air dashing with flying.
Are you sure? I've scene tons of gameplay for the two handheld games and people basically never touched the ground unless they wanted to or where launched into it.
>>
>>388445343
Hot damn, and think, it's only been two years, and they almost have the whole cast from the first game. Maybe in another two years we'll have most of the 012 cast. Maybe we'll get two more new characters in that time as well.
>>
>>388442991
doesnt my man kain have at least 2?
>>
>>388444853
I'm hoping this won't be an issue in the actual release. Hopefully they do the GUndam vs Gundam lobby system so you can just keep rematching
>>
>>388444841
thanks for this link anon. makes it easier to jump from moveset to moveset
>>
Its barebones as fuck compared to OG Dissidia, depth is thrown out the window for GundamV team gameplay. To add to these, animations are a step down from OG Dissidia, way more clunky.

Nothing shocking about people not liking it.
>>
>>388445493
Yeah, only certain characters can legitimately fly.

In the original dissidia, 90% of the time it was you mostly air dodging and air dashing, so I could see how you would think everyone is flying. The same applies here, except they actually limit how much you can dash.
>>
>>388440428
>Game is bad, clunky and forces e-sports shit and nothing like the old games
>Wha, why people don't like it.

You tell me.
>>
>>388444841
>weblet
When will they ever learn
>>
>>388445350
The japanese name for Terra.
>>
>>388445585
All that's in the beta is ranked matchmaking right now. It would be super silly if they wanted to push the whole "esports" shit and then didn't even have online lobbies, which they'll hopefully run more betas to test, or LAN.
>>
>>388445925
What depth was there in the previous games? Aside from grinding just to be able to build your character, once you picked your moves you utilized a handful of bravery attacks and maybe two HP moves. A huge part of the game was Rock Paper Scissors or dictated by the matchup. The previous games were not complex games.
>>
What's worse Yshtola fags or Terra fags?
>>
>>388446268
Duodecim wouldve had more depth if they kept dodge cancel combos,allowed you to pick your assist's moves and certain moves weren't garbage and actively hindered you
>>
>>388446268
Well let me put it this way - they're deeper and more complex than this shit.
>>
>Get double teamed the entire match, hold your own without getting incapacitated
>Dipshit teammates still manage to get killed and make us lose even though we also had a summon
Why in the everloving fuck do I keep getting retards on my team
>>
>>388442898
what the flying fuck is that hud?
It's awful
>>
>>388442898
The Ui is so overloaded.
>>
File: Jecht Combo.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Jecht Combo.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>388446268
Positioning dictated whether some combos would work or not, combos leading into HP attacks, characters gimmicks were more fleshed out, dodge cancels, time cancels, EX mode adding another layer of strategy.

>>388446486
Duodecim still has dodge cancels for certain characters(Jecht, Vaan, Lightning, etc) and even then they're not broken like OG dissidia, Sephiroth and some others had 100% dodge cancel infinites in OG. Assist system helps certain characters immensely in doing their stuff like Zidane.
>>
File: FuckMyLife.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FuckMyLife.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
Why me?
>>
I thought these games are meant to played with Singleplayer in mind.
Didn't know it was Multiplayer-focused
>>
>>388446913
I miss infinite locking people as Zidane.
>>
>>388447014
The previous ones all have much more single player content than multiplayer, this one only has 3v3 thus far, maybe they'll add more for the console release but who knows
>>
File: Taunt.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Taunt.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>388446990
Post them webms.
>>
File: b7d.png (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
b7d.png
66KB, 1000x1000px
>>388447014
>an arcade game is multiplayer focused
>>
>>388446913
Combo =/= Depth. Otherwise your average kusoge would be extremely deep. In terms of strategy, the games were always lacking. Jojo All Star Battle had taunt cancels for combos and the game was still pure trash. Your combo webms are completely meaningless.
>>
>>388446990
>>388447218
Where the grind rails at?!?!
>>
What's the point of playing non magic users again?
>>
>>388446990
>getting gangbanged in iframes while recovering
>let me attack instead of moving away
your own fault
>>
>>388446913
>Positioning dictated whether some combos would work or not, combos leading into HP attacks
AC/NT still has this though to a much lesser extent obviously. For example, Y'shtola can combo (close)aero II>lance and Lightning can combo off of a side wall bounce into army of one.

>>388446990
>Wake up buttons
Nigga just run
>>
>online forums back when dissidia was first popular
>played it a lot with friends
>showed them gundam next plus
>every dissidia fan I knew offline and online agreed that the game seems like it should have 2v2 and that it would be awesome
>flash forward many years
>all of a sudden there are people who loved the tedious grind of the original game's single player and the completely broken gameplay of its multiplayer
>a very very loud minority is claiming people didn't want this to be more like gundam vs from the beginning

>>388447745
I forgot all about those. Man the Dissidia map design never made any sense. The maps were stupidly huge and full of weird gimmicks.
>>
>>388447606
Good job ignoring the post and focusing on the combos part entirely, treasure this (You).

>>388448015
It does have some situational things, they just dont generally work due to the 3v3 format and the variety is still fucked. 1 HP attack is just horrible.
>>
Post things you'll miss once the full game hits

I'm gonna miss how one of Kuja's attacks can miss and snap towards the enemy's direction and hurt them from the back.

That was my main way of getting shit done. They always fell for that glitch

Speaking of which, I'm gonna miss that glitch where you can chain into an HP attack even when the BRV attack isnt touching them all if you have another attack thats hitting them already.
>>
>>388440428
They should have applied the visuals from this game to Duodecim and released that.

Would be a hundred times better than this trash.
>>
>>388448483
I'm gonna miss guaranteed damage.
>>
>>388448295
>a very very loud minority
You faggots always say this. Then the games sell like shit and you just look retarded.
>>
>>388444853
WELCOME TO MODERN MATCHMAKING.

ENJOY WAITING 5 MINUTES FOR AN OPPONENT WHO STEAMROLLS YOU.
>>
>>388448295
It's nowhere near as fun or fast as Gundam Vs.
>>
>>388448387
There was hardly anything else to your previous post. The various cancels are all just combo tools. Spacing dictating if certain combos work is also a part of the new game and almost every fighting game ever. I agree about EX mode adding another layer of depth, but the summon system adds similar layers of depth as well.

Of course in a 1v1 match in both games, the previous ones are more complex. But that isn't the point of this game. What you sacrifice in slightly more complexity (and the loss of everyone's favorite rock paper scissors chase system that was so awful people would chase and then do no followup because it was more beneficial) you make up for with the strategy that comes with playing a team based game.

The people complaining are your typical fighting game enthusiasts that have zero ability to work with others. They'll queue into ranked match with no friends and get pissed that they can't 1v1 a caster in the corner and still win the match.
>>
>>388444275
Past a certain point I believe. I think once you hit silver it becomes individual but bronze progresses all your characters.
>>
>>388440428
any equipment or able to choose different abilities to use in fights?

1v1 when?

villains when?
>>
>>388448985
Maybe because having to rely on a team in a fighting game is fucking retarded?
>>
>>388449147
No word on equipment but apparently you can change your weapon, although that seems to be tied to the cosmetic side.
You can still learn new abilities and make sets like in the old games.
>>
File: 1338959689725.png (91KB, 243x267px) Image search: [Google]
1338959689725.png
91KB, 243x267px
Been watching some gameplay videos and the arenas seem really boring compared to the previous games.
Seems like there's not much need to wall run because the stages are so flat.
>>
>>388449147
You can choose different abilities to use in fights in this game too. It is only in the beta where they restrict you to just two sets of abilities. The game has 1v1 confirmed. There are already villains in the arcade version.

>>388449210
There is more than one kind of fighting game. There are countless 1v1 fighters if that is all you want, but restricting a genre to just that is silly. There are plenty of deathmatch shooting games too, but there is still value in having ones designed around team play.

And there are benefits to both kinds of game too. Because this is team based, we can actually have units designed around supporting. In a 1v1 you have to design every character to be capable of winning 1v1 matches. With this design you can create characters that are designed to help the team win rather than to just win on their own. It means characters like Yuna could theoretically actually fight like how she did in her source material.

Right now a popular strategy is protecting the caster. This is far more accurate to the dynamic between asssassins, casters, tanks, or warriors than it is having Terra air dodge spam in the air while throwing fireballs at Jecht.
>>
>Match starts and both teammates die fairly quickly
Okay that's bad but maybe we'll be able to still wi-
>All 3 enemies start targeting me
Why does this happen every match I'm in
>>
>>388446913
>this assist fellating faggot again
You constantly shit on dodge cancels and then fellate assists even though they're THE SAME FUCKING THING, both are shit mechanics that let you effortlessly combo with no risk involved. Both games were shit "competitively"
>>
>>388450054
Incapped enemies are untargetable for a while so everyone tends to target whoever's left after killing someone, so if both your teammates are down then you're next.
Alternatively, you're playing a caster and they want an easy win.
>>
>>388450126
>shit on dodge cancels
No, I shit on infinites.
>effortlessly
You do them, give me some webms of your own.
>>
>>388450261
Casters are easy wins?
>>
>>388450054
I think that in quick match this is honestly the best strat. Everyone just wants to 1v1 each other in corners of the map so once someone has died you might as well gangup on someone else and secure the last two kills that way.

I think they need to decrease the time it takes to respawn. I like that you can move around and spawn later, but there should be a way to very quickly respawn. Dying is so detrimental to your team right now because it enables the enemy team to Summon really easily, or gangup on one person.
>>
>>388450319
>hitting R+O is hard
Fuck off faggot.
>>
File: 1476828421871.jpg (27KB, 275x274px) Image search: [Google]
1476828421871.jpg
27KB, 275x274px
>>388450646
Mad as fuck.
>>
>>388450390
They have a few short ranged or fast spells to deal with close up enemies but they have a lot of trouble dealing with gangbangs.
Unless you're playing cat lady then you just spam Holy and watch them run into you.
>>
>>388450390
Yepp casters aren't really good unless no ones chasing you Terra for instance has really shit close combat spells and the delay makes it worse
>>
>>388450808
When you put it like that you'd think Yshtola is the best zoner in the game.
>>
>>388450774
Says the autistic sperg who's mad as fuck that he can no longer turtle like a faggot spamming one safe as fuck attack until he gets a hit then using assists to combo into a oneshot like a bitch
>>
>>388450901
The only aren't as good in quick match. If you coordinate with at least one other person, they are complete monsters. If you have a melee character willing to come help you once someone gets in, you can dominate the entire match. Also, Y'shtola in general is more than capable of holding her own even against multiple people. I imagine Exdeath will be similar in that regard
>>
By Altana's grace, we put them in their place.
>>
>>388451140
>safe
>oneshot
Just like the previous time I'll write it again. You haven't played OG or Duodecim at all.
>>
Best Summon? I think Shiva. Very hard to avoid and causes freeze.
>>
which do you think is cecils better hp attack?
>>
Okay but is there local multiplayer?
If I can't play this shit with my friends at home I'm not buying.
>>
>>388451426
Yes I have and yes, assists allow you to NEVER worry about needing to land an HP attack because they turn ALL of your attacks into HP attacks. You can just spam your safest attack and whenever you manage to land it combo it into an assist for a free HP attack. It completely ruins the HP/Bravery dynamic.
>>
does this mean codes have been sent out? fuck, seems i didnt have luck then..
>>
>>388450808
As someone who plays the geame regularly in arcade and mains Y'shtola: The whole holy spam will work for the first month until people actually get used to the game. At that point you have to play a lot more clever to get shit done.
>>
>>388451815
That really killed my vibe dude. I was having fun.
>>
>>388451727
I agree. It is why I always hated the assist system. It enabled landing HP moves in situations where you clearly should not have been able to do so. Kuja/Sephiroth assist could followup even basic bravery combos nowhere near a wall/ceiling/floor and let you convert into a HP move. The risk reward was completely ruined by assists.

I haven't played for years, but couldn't you do guaranteed "unblockable" setups with assists too? Certain HP moves timed with an assist call would punish people for blocking or dodging if I remember correctly. There were probably still ways to get out of it though, but I remember I would punish people who dodged Sephiroth's shadow flare with I want to say Jecht assist. I can't remember if that was a legit strategy as it has been too long and I mainly used Gabranth anyway.

Another issue with assists was being able to whiff punish things that should not be whiff punishable.
>>
>>388451815
Mind talking a bit about your arcade experience with the game? Are the cabinets popular? Do people seem to enjoy the game? What are the complaints you commonly hear? What characters do you see used the most and what strategies seem to be the most viable? How do people play in terms of strategy and is there a sort of consistent meta for team composition (such as caster-melee-melee)?

Sorry for all the questions I'm genuinely curious as I never hear people talk about the arcade game.
>>
>>388452328
That picture simultaneously disgusts me and intrigues me. Source?
>>
>>388452108
Yes, there were a few moves that turned into completely free damage with assists since there was no way to dodge/block them AND the assist (except one or two that Exdeath could block but nobody else). Not to mention there were plenty of characters who literally could not use certain projectile moves at all, period, unless the enemy had no assist gauge, because those moves had animations longer than 5 frames which meant assists could instantly punish those moves (even if the projectile hit its target).
>>
>>388451426
>dude you don't like that the game changed completely from the dynamic it had before to "who can abuse assists more quickly"? lmao what a scrub obviously you never played the games
>>
>>388440428

Why the fuck does Yshtola look so fucking retarded. Is someone in the Dissidia division salty that an MMO is their best FF offering in the last decade.
>>
>>388452328
The cabinets are fairly popular, but I am pretty sure that won't stay the way when the home console version releases. A lot of people have been complaining that the arcarde holds the game hostage. I am usually going with a bunch of friends and it is fun to us. Complain wise it is like every other fighting game. People bitch a bit about certain characters being too strong, (Squall pre nerfs), too weak (Shantotto due to her HP mechanics) or just a scrub character like Cloud.
>>
>>388451367
Why do I always get her as a teammate in practice mode?
>>
>>388453175
When did 2B become a sexy cat
>>
File: 4353464357645.png (659KB, 764x800px) Image search: [Google]
4353464357645.png
659KB, 764x800px
>all those people salty about best XIV being in the game

All these new Lyse fags should just off themself already.
>>
File: qv8cu.jpg (10KB, 320x235px) Image search: [Google]
qv8cu.jpg
10KB, 320x235px
What was it...that we lacked?
>>
>>388452975
Yes, you haven't either if "don't like" means you can spout whatever nonsense you want about things you know nothing about and actually believe them.
>>
>>388446678
It's literally the hud from the arcade game, which is a multi-cabinet affair, but tweaked slightly for consoles. As in, not really reduced at all. Combine that with multi-character battle clusterfucks and you have a game that shouldn't be designed the way it is.
>>
>>388453251
Also, forgot to add: The western console crowd will completely ruine the game imo. It really isn't balanced all that well, but being an arcarde game that is played mostly for fun and with RL friends, people don't mind that much.

Console players will scream and trash until there is a no fun allowed meta.
>>
>>388452446
I have no idea. Someone posted it on /v/ before and I thought it was hilarious. I wouldn't be surprised if they have more.

>>388452901
Yeah I remember that being an issue. The movesets just weren't designed with assists in mind at all. The terrible balancing among assists also further showed they had no idea what they were doing. I don't understand how they could design Sephiroth and Kuja's assists and think "yeah this is okay."

>>388453175
What are you even talking about? She looks great in Dissidia and they really show off her unique facial structure as she stands out a lot from the others. I also have always liked that Y'shtola wears such modest and simple clothing in ARR. People whine about her inclusion as the representative, but I will take her and Shantoto over a generic spikey haired sword wielder any day. The fact that Vaan and Onion Knight represent their games respectively is so silly.

Both in terms of design and gameplay, Y'shtola is a unique and valuable addition to the game. I can't say that about most of the protagonist characters by any means.
>>
>>388453532
You're the one who doesn't know anything. You never played OG Dissidia you just saw that it had infinite combos and shat on it. Then you go and claim I never played 012 even though I know more about it main dynamic (assist spam) than you do. You're a retard who thinks long combos = depth and skill even though assists are an effortless system that completely ruined the way Dissidia played and turned it into a game of cat and mouse or a stalemate that revolved ENTIRELY around the assist gauge.
>>
Can I eyeball Squall's perfect combo timing or is it more difficult than that?
>>
>>388453251
>but I am pretty sure that won't stay the way when the home console version releases
They're planning on releasing all future updates in arcade first, and then later on for console. I doubt it'll be more than a few weeks (like Rev 2 and CF2), but that should be enough to keep operators happy.

The game is netplay in arcade anyway, isn't it? So finding matches shouldn't be too hard since not everyone has a PS4 for the home version. There's still loads of people playing T7 in arcades, and that's available on 3 different home platforms.
>>
>>388451604
When has local ever been a thing in recent years?

Splitscreen died years ago, the only things that have local are shooters and fighters now.
>>
>>388453403
catslut spamming holy
>>
>>388453846
Game dynamic changing into assist based is true. Spam though? Safe? Oneshot? Nah, not even close, it was more holding onto it and baiting the use of it. The cat&mouse and stalemate situations were a part of OG just as much also. Assists just shifted these situations onto it, not much was changed.

And if you still think I shit on OG you are even more retarded than I thought you were. OG was amazing, 1 bad thing is nowhere near enough to negate all the things it brought to the table.
>>
>>388454391
Monster Hunter
Which is also losing it, not seeing how world will have local.
>>
>>388440428
not reading all of this but the game looks, and apparently is bad. you just have bad taste playing games like this religiously
>>
>>388454638
>Spam though?
nigger THE ENTIRE GAME REVOLVED AROUND ASSISTS. They were how 90% of plays were made. They were 90% of the gameplay.
>Safe?
Absolutely, you never needed anything other than your safest attacks because of assists. You clearly never played 012 except against AI punching bags.
>Oneshot?
There were several combos that could easily oneshot people with assists. If you didn't have limited accessories or no accessories then yes, getting hit at all meant an infinite assist combo.
>>
>Haven't been able to win anymore
Guess I'm stuck at Silver A for the rest of the beta.
>>
Does the summon perform its attack automatically when its summoned? I can never really tell cuz its such a shitshow. I just notice the new passive effect.
>>
>>388454803
>basing gameplay off of how it looks and hearsay
>thinking I'm the one with bad taste
>>
>>388455030
Yes it attacks automatically. How do you not notice?
>>
>>388454912
>THE ENTIRE GAME REVOLVED AROUND ASSISTS.
No it didn't.
>>
>>388455061
I don't need to think it you literally told me you have bad taste.
>>
>>388454912
>THE ENTIRE GAME REVOLVED AROUND ASSISTS
Nope
>infinite assist combo
We were talking about banned builds that generated infinite assist bar? Nice.
>>
Is it just me or is there something wrong with the targeting/hitboxes on Zidane's normals? I find my moves constantly whiff on people.
>>
>>388455130
Anon, I played the game religiously, yes it did.

Remember how literally everyone would throw out small quick attacks to build up their assists?

You either used your assist to help you attack or you used it to not die. It was pretty assist heavy
>>
>>388455130
Yes it did. You didn't play it if you think otherwise.
>>388455415
>Nope
See above.
>We were talking about banned builds
Yes, that part where I specifically mentioned that without certain rulesets you can abuse infinite combos was about playing without certain rulesets. What a surprise.
>>
>>388455467
This has been me for the entire fucking beta. They just have really short hitboxes with no real targeting.
>>
>>388455130
>>388455415
I'm honestly curious if you guys played the game against other players that knew what they were doing, or just messed around with the AI or friends.

Here is the first video I pulled from a channel I use to follow for match footage all the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31Lq1phf-mg

A bunch of air dodge spamming combined with constantly using quick simple bravery moves to build meter and followup on the off chance it hit confirms. This is all just filler so that they can start following up said quick safe moves with an assist to get damage.
>>
>>388455467
>>388455804
Damn monkey faggots jumping all over the place fuck both of you.
>>
>>388455501
It was a mechanic that people used. Doesn't mean the entire game revolved around them. And it's irrelevant anyways - you're just trying to argue in favor of removing content because you didn't like it.
>>
>>388455925
It's a mechanic that literally everyone who knew how to play had to use and abuse or else they would be destroyed by their opponent who was abusing assists. The ENTIRE game revolved around assists unless you explicitly set a ruleset that blocked assist use entirely. It was a shit mechanic that was poorly thought-out, horribly balanced, and thrown in so they could advertise a new mechanic. You are shit if you think the game didn't revolve around it or you never played against human beings.
>>
>>388455876
Fuck you anon, all the flipping around building up bravery doesn't mean shit when you can't even land your HP attacks and your teammates are off getting fucked.
>>
>>388455925
I would go so far as to call it the basis for the game's meta. It was heavily revolving around stalling to get assist meter. It was not only your main source of ways of landing HP moves as well as breaking the opponent, but it was also your means of getting out of combos if you got hit. People would whiff fast attacks not for the sake of spacing, but just to build meter.
>>
>>388456181
Tidal Flame is the easiest attack to land shut up.
>>
>>388455925
I wish I could give specific examples, but I haven't played the game in so long. There were useful moves in the game that were literally unusable if the opponent had assist meter because you could be whiff punished from half way across the map with an assist call that then led to a full combo. That's just one of the many examples of why the assist system was bad. It was tacked onto the game. The characters were not designed with assists in mind.
>>
>>388455876
Ha, Anon's mad because I'm jumping circles around this fucker while he lugs around a giant ass fucking sword.

>>388455467
You felt that too,huh? thought It was just me

>>388456181
Do what I did and switch to Tidal Flame. Watch those fuckers panic as that shit chases them all over the map while you chase them and hit them right into it.
>>
Is it just me or does Jecht shot suck fucking dick? You can't even combo into it from a clean wall splat.
>>
>>388455860
>A bunch of air dodge spamming combined with constantly using quick simple bravery moves to build meter and followup on the off chance it hit confirms.
As opposed a bunch of dodging for the sake of dodging and using quick moves because thats exactly what they are: quick, in OG right? I also like how in 2 minutes Lightning uses an HP attack out of nowhere, that's definitely quick and safe right?

If anything Duodecim matches went by quicker thanks to the assist because OG was dodge fest city until something quick either confirms into damage or gets blocked.

Go watch Nero's youtube channel if you wanna see true stalemates in both OG and Duodecim. I've played him and the community btw.
>>
>>388456542
Real men don't need wall splat. You should always be so far into the opponent's ass that they don't have time to even consider attacking.

You are a timing god, right anon?
>>
>>388456542
It's not you man, That shit fucking sucks. The aiming is too slow to catch someone mid dodge, and it travels way too slow to catch someone when they're occupied.
>>
>people saying they miss ex mode because of the depth it added
>competitively, you just activated it and then immediately did an HP move mid assist combo to immediately go into super
>its main purpose was just tacking on more guaranteed damage in a combo

Gabranth and Garland were exceptions obviously. Garland was based around EX Revenge builds and Gabranth's EX mode doesn't really count since it is a different beast entirely, and will probably return in this game anyway.
>>
>>388456542
Didn't it suck in the previous games too? Use the other HP move. I thought Jecht Shot would be the way to go in 3v3, but it has horrible tracking and is really easy to cut even if you do land it. It's also slow and does not have particularly impressive range either. It's a bummer since it is a really cool move visually and it feels great to land.
>>
i still don't dig the whole 3vs3 thing. Once people start to form teams it will be impossible to play alone.
>>
>>388456941
It didn't suck quite as bad. Because in Duodecim you could definitely catch someone if they preemptively dodged. I've landed some raw Jecht Shots before.

But yes, if I can only get one HP attack in the full game, I'm sure as hell not using that anymore.
>>
>>388456813
I liked Tidus' EX mode. Become the fastest character in the game and reflect magic just by running around.
>>
>>388440905
>every new game

>when VIII to IX exists
>when X to XI exists
>>
>>388456813
Only as characters with weak EX bonuses. Terr, for instance, could double cast all of her moves and you wanted to basically make her Gabranth style and use her EX mode to its fullest. Bartz, too, as goblin punch made for free HP hits if you were good at getting in. Kefka's spells also got ridiculous in EX.
>>
I'm thinking of emulating one of the psp games. Is there a general opinion on which one is better, or would either of them be good?
>>
>>388457943
Play the latest one 012 Duodecim dumbass.
>>
>>388457943
012 is better in every way. It is literally the first game, but with way more content. It even has the first game's story, not that it is worth watching at all.
>>
Unrelated, but I just bought this. Only Play Arts I'll probably ever buy.
>>
How should I be playing Cecil and Onion Knight? I intend for them to be my mains but it feels like I get completely fucked in certain situations, especially against Y'shtola, Bartz, and Firion. I generally check the opposing team and make a beeline for any assassins but it feels like I'm either not doing enough or I'm fucking up somehow.

For the record, I've reached silver A as Cecil and silver E or D as Onion Knight. Any suggestions?
>>
Were you supposed to be able to fly around freely with the dodge or was that an oversight?
>>
>>388458586
>inb4 HURR DURR IT'S A TEEM GAME YOU NEED GOOD TEEMMATES
>>
>>388458536
>Belts on skirt and sleeves
>But not on her boots, the most practical place
Goddammit Nomura.
>>
File: ma_gabranth_03.jpg (180KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
ma_gabranth_03.jpg
180KB, 450x600px
>>388458536
I hate that all Square Enix does is Play Arts and they refuse to sell their licenses to other figure companies. I've been waiting for a company like First 4 Figures or Prime 1 to acquire the Final Fantasy license so we can get more statues instead of low quality overpriced poseable figures.

I've owned pic related for years and it is wonderful. I'm so upset this didn't become a line of 1/4 armored characters. Imagine Exdeath like this
>>
File: odin.jpg (261KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
odin.jpg
261KB, 853x1280px
>>388459271
At least we have a chance of maybe getting an Exdeath figure since he was in FFXIV.
>>
I dont know man, I could tell you IF I COULD FUCKING PLAY
>>
File: 1473810967548.png (445KB, 424x453px) Image search: [Google]
1473810967548.png
445KB, 424x453px
>TFW duodecim didn't have native online play
>TFW have to do some weird, complicated shit involving a pc and ps3 to play against people not in the same room as you
>TFW no friends with vitas/psps who also have the game to play with
>>
Seriously are they gonna fix the matchmaking before the beta ends?
>>
>>388456813
I just miss the flashy supers. Doing that shit was my favorite part of Dissidia.
>>
>>388460501
I had a close friend who played Dissidia with me. We played it almost every single day at highschool. It was always so much fun.

>>388461409
Me too. The supers were really cool looking. What was your favorite one? For me it had to be Gabranth's.
>>
>Waiting for players
>aaaaaa AAA AAA AAAAAAA
>>
File: Alphinaud.jpg (69KB, 505x1036px) Image search: [Google]
Alphinaud.jpg
69KB, 505x1036px
>>388453395
>"Hey we need a protag rep from ffxiv, who do we pick?"
>"We could give it to the guy who has been directly assisting the Warrior of Light for like 80% of the plot and has been accompanying him/her more than any other character"
>"Nah lets give it to the catgirl that has done nothing for literally two expansions now"
>>
>>388461621
Alphinaud sucks I hope he never makes it in.
>>
Reminder that Y'shtola is fucking cancer
>>
Bartz would be super fun if matches lasted more than 1 minute.
>>
>>388461505
Gilgamesh's was hilarious if you failed it.
Favorite one to do the command for is probably Terra. I dunno what it is about button mashing, but it just feels great.
>>
>>388462424
She's annoying sure but just get in her face and she won't land a paw on you.
>>
Why the fuck is Circle Jump. Why dont they use controls similar to the original Dissidia?
>>
>>388461621
They could pick literally anyone other than Y'shtola and they would be more relevant and useful than Shtola
>>
>>388461621
>Lets give it to the catgirl thats distinct and mascot of XIV outside the game already.
>>
i just literally got my code an hour ago. i forgot my square enix account. i hope its not as disappointing as i've been reading here. i really liked the duodecim and played it religiously. i'm gonna use squall
>>
>>388462927
At least for XI they picked Shantotto, she's the only way to go.
>>
>>388445310
Too much work for a LITERALLY WHO? rep plus we already have similar mechanics from Onion Knight
>>
>>388463073
Yeah but she was also FUCKING BORING in the PSP games.
>>
>>388442898
Jesus that's almsot Battleborn-levels of HUD cluster
>>
>>388440428
as someone who played the psp dissidias/gundam versus, and owns the jap ps4 gundam versus AND got into the dissidia ps4 beta, this new dissidia is trash.
>>
File: mitsumasamune-01.jpg (170KB, 793x1199px) Image search: [Google]
mitsumasamune-01.jpg
170KB, 793x1199px
>>388459271
Here's hoping the 2B scale goes well for Flare, then maybe SE will start handing out the license to other companies.
>>
I keep playing it just to see if I'm missing something, but I'm really struggling to find the fun in it. Even if the beta was 1v1, I miss the crazy aerial stuff, the wall-running and finishing moves, and the block feels worthless now.
>>
Who do you hate playing against? For me it's Zidane and Firion.
>>388463418
Who are you playing as/against that you don't need to block?
>>
>>388463418
Block creates distance, which isn't too bad. Maybe not so much for melee characters but for mages it's really helpful.
>>
File: Ealdnarche2.jpg (71KB, 1137x703px) Image search: [Google]
Ealdnarche2.jpg
71KB, 1137x703px
>>388463073
On the topic of XI, it was one of the only series to not get a Chaos counterpart
I'm hoping it gets one in NT, because there's some pretty great villains they could use
>>
This is just too frustrating. I want ti win goddamnit but I keep losing. I know I can't really blame my team but fuck I just don't know what else it can be.
>>
>>388463578

Its not that I don't need to block, it's that it doesn't do a thing against HP attacks, and Bravery attacks will still throw you across the stage like if you weren't blocking.
>>
>>388463578
>Who do you hate playing against?
Vaan and Y'shtola.
>>
>>388463860
That's what I've been wondering. I'm at silver A with Cecil and I was hoping for some advice on what to do. If I manage to go up against a Zidane, Tidus, Squall, or any vanguard, I can handle them. If it's any kind of marksman or specialist, I can't get in and I get fucked. I feel like I might be playing Cecil wrong.

There was, however, a beautiful moment last night where I killed everyone on the enemy team with a single HP attack shortly after the fight started.
>>
File: 1384648822209.jpg (172KB, 572x507px) Image search: [Google]
1384648822209.jpg
172KB, 572x507px
Can't really say I'm too interested in this game. The first two Dissidia games were heavily flawed but interesting. Going full esports and ditching the story and RPG mechanics seems like a good way to end up with a dedgaem if it doesn't gain real traction.
>>
>>388442646
Jecht, Ultemecia, Squall, and Exdeath shit on everyone.
>>
Has there been any mention yet of more modes/HP attacks being added in the final game?
If they're added a story/campaign mode for the game, I don't see something like a 1v1 mode being out of the question
>>
>>388463913
IIRC almost all HP attacks caused guard crush in the originals so that's a moot point. If you have to block though it's probably a situation where you'd want to create some space to get away and take a breather anyways, but I see how it can be a bit annoying.
>>
>>388463860
>>388464076
This, I'm fucking quitting for now.
>>
>>388464281
they alreaqdy said they are putting 1v1 in in the final game. and the final game has customizeable attacks.
>>
What's the "No longer a shitter" rank?
>>
>>388465240
Gold.
>>
>>388465432
Fuck I'm only Silver E. I guess I'll never be good.
>>
>>388464906
>they alreaqdy said they are putting 1v1 in in the final game

People on /v/ have been saying this since the beta started and I have yet to see a single source on this. I've googled it myself and found nothing. The closest thing I can find is this, which is taken from a fanmade Final Fantasy wiki and also provides no source:

>The PlayStation 4 version will have 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 options apart from the default 3 vs 3 gameplay.
>>
>>388465527
guess you didn't look hard enough.

>The arcade version’s 3v3 battles is the base of its battles, but there will be systems original to the PS4 version. Basically new battle rules, a mode that’ll let you play solo offline, modes that you can gather with friends, and so on.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/07/dissidia-final-fantasy-nt-revealed-for-playstation-4-in-early-2018/
>>
>>388465847
How are you getting "1v1" from that quote? Because of "new battle rules"?
>>
I hate Vaan but somehow I only get results with him.
>>
>>388465847
i don't think the current game would well with 1 v 1
>>
>>388465515
I'm Silver A but whenever I need a match or two to finally rank up to gold I just lose several times in a row putting me back into the middle. Kill me.
>>
>>388466316
Hey bro, I know you're fighting Gold A and Gold B but how about I give you a Bronze A and Silver E team?
>>
know what pisses me off? people who never got into/straight up said they wouldn't play the psp originals despite being able to, all getting hyped now because LE HD CLOUD OH THE NOSTALGIA, we even have the fucking FGC treating this like a street fighter, face the reality people, this still has bravery and hp thing, it won't have crazy combos and is actually more close to the gundam extreme vs series, stop hyping it up, don't u have some smash to play or someting?
>>
File: 1497755646770.jpg (12KB, 238x183px) Image search: [Google]
1497755646770.jpg
12KB, 238x183px
>>388466492
>Platinum on the enemy team
>Your team consists of Bronze and Silver
>>
File: 1501958945829.png (234KB, 329x437px) Image search: [Google]
1501958945829.png
234KB, 329x437px
The returning 012 character better be included in the final release of the game and not apart of the 6 characters from the season pass
>>
>>388466609
>Competitive people want to play this competitive fighting game and it makes me ANGRY >:(
>>
>>388466609
>he thinks gundam versus doesn't have crazy combos
No wonder NA is so free a VA can get carried to championship victories.
>>
>>388440428
Whatever, nigga. PC when?
>>
>>388466764
Kain is already in so most likely the rest will be in too.
>>
>Wait for ten minutes for a match
>get com allies
>close app
Fun beta.
>>
>>388467037
Hopefully Laguna wont be the worst character in the game still.

>make a gunner character
>make all moves except for two situational ones blockable and dashed through
>make the fucking rocket launcher blockable and have long start up.

Who the hell thought that was a good idea? the sniper rifle was the only move worth using.
>>
>>388467160
Stop playing edgy Cecil.
>>
Is there anywhere Square are going to take feedback on this from? Because if they're not open to hearing the problems with this game then they have nobody else to blame when it crashes and burns.
>>
>>388467550
huh?
>>
>>388466838
these people play something despite fucking hating it(street V) just because "it's what we have from capcom"they probably won't like/get as much into because they got the wrong ideia about it, in the long run i doubt the fgc will care enough about dissidia

>>388466964
gundam has them, dissidia doesn't
>>
>>388467860
>MUH SEKRIT DISSIDIA CLUB
>>
>>388467860
>he hasn't seen the wild as fuck Firion vortex cancels from the arcade
>>
Jesus christ, they really did gut Vaan

>only two brv attacks, both air and grounded
>two kinda lackluster HP attacks at a time

Fuck, I remember when Vaan had a literal "get the fuck away from me" button.I hope Noctis gets his weapon switching mechanic, because that was legit fun.

Man, I hope Ace and Noct are fun to play as, because two of my go to characters have been utterly fucked.
>>
>>388442991
>not maining bartz
>>
>>388468537
Vaan has a straight forward attack on his dash so maybe 3.
>>
I like how I can't go and just fight some guy without both of my teammates getting absolutely shit on and causing us to lose shortly after the match starts.
>But it's a team game, you have to stick with your team!
Not only are the maps way too fucking big for that, I prefer not getting blindsided by some random asshole flailing about near me without me being able to see it coming. That shit is literally the least fun.
>>
Aside from the graphics, what if any are good qualities of the game?
>>
>>388445310
bartz's whole gimmick is that he uses abilities from FFV's jobs, and onion knight already swaps between jobs so i think that would be too repetitive
>>
>>388469135
Y'shtola has pretty eyes.
>>
>>388469021
Exactly. Have you ever had two casters on your ass? It's literally impossible to do anything and somehow my teammates can't be bothered to wrangle one.
>>
>kill 2 people
>the same team member dies 3 times because they suck
>still lose 10 points
what the fuck
>>
>>388469847
>Get swarmed by enemy team
>Both team members knocked out
>Manage to get one kill
>Another teammate dies again
>Lose 5 points
Could be worse.
>>
I kinda wish there was a target closest enemy button.

I dislike having to cycle through targets just so I can know im actually running away from someones HP attack
>>
Wait are you forced to play in teams in this game? I like playing fighting games with friends only pretty much, or exploring single player stuff. I hope you don't have to fight in a team.
Always wanted to play Dissidia but didn't have a PSP so I was excited for this, but it seems they're going in a different route that doesn't appeal to me, unfortunately.
>>
>>388442646
>Dissidia has some phenomenal balance though,

don't kid yourself. You know damn well Ultimecia shits on 90% of the cast effortlessly with 1 damn move. The low tiers fucking suck and they suck pretty bad
>>
>>388470449
Hit L2 and R2 together. Holding it makes you target the crystal.
>>
Why do people keep acting like this version is final even though its missing half the current roster and only has one game mode
>>
File: 1471308642164.jpg (81KB, 585x538px) Image search: [Google]
1471308642164.jpg
81KB, 585x538px
>>388470632
>everyone receives massive changes
>Ultimecia remains exactly the same
>Knights lance is even bigger
>>
>>388470853
its /v/
>>
Bartz is the fucking ultimate.
>Master Bluemage, Ranger, and Ninja. Maybe Dragoon if you're having trouble getting in and want to leap on niggas
>go wild
He can pretty much do everything and his attacks are fucking great. New main for sure.
>>
>>388442898
>UI covers 80% of screen during intense fighting sequences

I know that the PSP Dissidia games had bad UI as well, but they somehow went and made it even worse.
>>
>>388440428
I found the gameplay of 012 incredibly samey, not hyped for this
>>
my main issues so far are:
>losing points still when i got 2 kills and no deaths just because my team sucks
>no option to stick with the team you were just on, has to be a new team every time
>being paired up in matches takes like 2 minutes
>sometimes when i go to be paired it glitches and never pairs me and when i press the circle button it makes the click noise but never goes back
>sometimes the team member numbers break and it ends up as if its my team members saying that i need to entrust myself to them
>>
>>388470632
ON YOUR FUCKING KNEES
>>
I can't believe so many gundam fans are coming out of the woodwork
>>
>>388471683
They said they're changing it for console at Evo.

Pretty much every arcade game has a shitty UI because of how Japanese arcades work. That's why SFV is so muted in comparison to SF4 and why Gundam Versus PS4 is practically minimalist compared to MBON.

They have to be bright, big, and loud visually in order to see it over the blaring lights of the horribly dense nihon arcade. Arcade UI folded 1000 times.
>>
>>388472183
After how bad Gundam Versus ended up they are just here to shitpost while thinking of the good old days of Extreme Vs
>>
>>388472273
>how bad Gundam Versus ended up
No one listens to G Gundam shills. They're legitimately the only ones still on the hate train.
>>
>>388472183
I don't even like gundam vs but this game is fucking fire. I like the three fold method of attacking and the emphasis on helping your teammates.

At one point I was frustrated that people weren't ignoring each other and just 1v1ing until I watched the latest japanese tournament and saw the movement and camera use other players used. There's this onion knight player who would go for caster and support his allies while playing keep away or go ninja and dart in and out of encounters with other people and I knew instantly that I wasn't playing correctly.

>>388469847
>Two team mates ganging on one of my member
>get close with firion and tornado
>third team member somehow finds his way near us
>all 3 die because the third chuckle fuck got broken and gave me 1k extra brave
I had a laugh
>>
>>388472508
No one in NA is ever going to play "correctly".
>>
>Dissida looks cool
>Until you start playing and everyone's flying around forever like Dragonball Z.

GARLAND BOYZ
>>
>>388472714
Means fuck all to me. If everybody's poor it just makes it easier to win. Many of my matches now are against dummies who just fly high and try to dunk, thinking that they're not about to get punched into the wall.

See lots of tidus trying to trade with me with a blitzball, like what are you doing
>>
>>388472794
I'LL CRUSH YOU
>>
Wait, is this primarily an online game? I was thinking of getting it but I don't have PS Plus and never plan to.
>>
>>388473148
why dont you google it you faggot
>>
>>388473148
no there will be a story mode and alot of other modes. theres just a beta going on right now and its only the online mode
>>
>>388473226
suck my balls
>>
>>388473407
no im not autistic like you
>>
>>388473461
but you're still a homo
>>
>>388473407
>your average cloud, squall, or sephiroth main
>>
>>388473461
I ploughed your mother last night. It was good
>>
>>388473576
As a Squall main I resent that.
>>
>>388473850
gay nigger
>>
>>388473878
You can't be a Barret main in this game, he isn't playable.
>>
>>388472978

KNOW YOUR LIMIT!
>>
>What the Fuck is Happening: The Game
>>
When are they gonna add more waifus like Rydia, Quistis, and Garnet?
>>
>Dude chases me as I play Y'shtola
>Set a trap and they get hit

Devilish

Alo, how good is Vivifying lance compared to Holy?
>>
What do you guys think of warrior of light in this version? Anyone plan on maining him?
>>
A good Cloud is a scary Cloud. Fucking Cross Slash.
>>
>>388474428
ah... the goddess....

>>388474652
He's more true to his role as a vanguard so you gotta have some sick nasty reads to use his back brave attacks. Then again that usually isn't more complicated than charging at somebody, dodging back, and then blocking in preparation of whatever attack the think you're about to chase you down with.
>>
>>388474451
WHERE IS SHE!?
>>
Ive actually been having a lot of fun, and I feel like there's a ton of potential when it comes to future characters and summons (id be interested to see Anima since she always stuck out to me in X)

I think im gonna preorder the steelbook this tuesday when I pick up my copies of Yakuza and Musou All-Stars
>>
>>388474578
Better for sniping people your team mates are for.
>Y'shtola sits in their traps
>think that's going to stop magic super armor moves

I don't get it
>>
>>388474428
What's the appeal of Lightning that she has so many waifufags? She's just a generic anime bitch with pink hair, what's the deal? Is it a leg fetish or what?
>>
>>388474952
You are unenlightened and will never see the light
>>
>>388475039
If liking Lightning is seeing the light I'd rather be blind.
>>
>>388444719
>they didn't pick one of the twins, the Derplander, or Gaius

Even from ARR there's much better reps than boring-ass Y'shtola. Let's not even get started on HW.
>>
>>388474952
Poor man's Ashe, but in general people like that she's serious, gets shit done, has a cool voice, cool design, and is stylish. She's essentially an anti waifu character which often end up being among the most loved because of it.
>>
>>388475134
>I'd rather be blind.
you already are
>>
>>388475195
Y'shtola has been the face of XIV for quite some time now. They could kill her off and that still isn't changing.
>>
>>388474952
its because fags have a thing out for cloud and so since lightning is just pink girl cloud they can take all of their lust for cloud out on her so they dont have to admit their faggotry
>>
>>388475215
But there are so many characters just like that. It's easy to make one, it's just boring.
>>
>>388463342
+1 I can't believe how much better the PSP Dissidia and original Gundam EXVS controls are. NT plays like an early 3D PS2 action game in comparison, with the worst targeting system I've seen in any game.
>>
>>388475526
>+1
>>
>>388474952
hair and she's focused on a lot by SE.

See Roman Reigns, its pretty much the same thing.
>>
>>388475660
>Roman Reigns
Ah yessir
>>
File: tumblr_op2zrmUjGy1rwpof2o1_500.jpg (91KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_op2zrmUjGy1rwpof2o1_500.jpg
91KB, 500x500px
>tfw you endlessly wail on someone who doesnt know how to recover
>>
hooooooooo aaaaaa aaaaaAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>388475985
Where's Bartz, WoL, Firion, and Onion Knight?
>>
File: zL5LEA0.jpg (386KB, 1625x1625px) Image search: [Google]
zL5LEA0.jpg
386KB, 1625x1625px
>tfw you get to play as her
>>
>>388475985
>zidane's face
and holy fuck squall's looks pained as shit ahhahahaha
>>
>>388474451
Rydia probably never. Kain takes her FF4 spot permanently and its unlikely they'd go with more than 3 for any game except 7. Also SE of late seems to think Rydia is basically upfront Terra personality wise for some reason.
Quistis never. I don't even know if SE knows she exists. Like really I don't see SE ever talk or even mention her anywhere, look at how dire she was in Record Keeper for so long. Also 100% cucked out by Rinoa guaranteed if there is ever another spot.
Garnet is probably fucked thanks to Yuna existin, since she more or less does everything Garnet does. If WoFF was any indication, they might put in Eiko just to be coy assholes.
>>
>>388476547
>they might put in Eiko just to be coy assholes.
Eiko was a better Garnet in every way that mattered
>>
File: 1492632633779.jpg (267KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492632633779.jpg
267KB, 720x720px
>tfw you lose but still come in 2nd
holy shit
>>
>>388476547
It depends on how many spin offs they do really. They want to hit 50 characters. As it stands we're already at what, 25ish characters guaranteed for launch?

XI might get Prishe, but both XI and XIV won't get their villains. XIV could get a second character.
>>
>>388476130

>her
>>
>>388476130
oh boy i sure do love pink cloud
also gun cloud and roadtrip cloud
>>
>>388476824
A Goddess still has a sex, anon.
>>
>>388474952
femdom
>>
>come in 2nd place when my team loses but still lose points
>team loses and im in 6th place but i lose no points
what
>>
>Mark my words...we will win next time!
No we won't Zidane. We never win.
>>
>HEY GUYS, WHAT'S-

JUST FUCKING READY UP, I DON'T CARE.
>>
>>388477409
Long losing streak, anon?
>>
>>388477516
Not really. I only lost one out of the past three but someone with a niggernet connection fucked up the first two.
>>
>>388477409
THE NAMEZ BARTZ
>>
>paired up after 3 minutes of waiting
>after that, team member sits there idly for 2 minutes not pressing ready
>finally back, but they are just using the button prompt phrases for a minute straight
>finally start match
>they sit there idly the whole time spamming "i need help!!!' every 2 seconds
>they die 3 times
>i lose 12 points
>>
sometimes I swear it feels like Cloud's startup frames are faster than everyone else but I know that it's probably just lag
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S9K3I95cMg

Dang this guy's channel increased my interest in the game quite a bit. Seems like if you're playing with friends there is actually a lot of strategy involved. Looks fun, but looks miserable playing alone.
>>
>>388478785
Ive been having plenty of fun even with randoms, it does seem like itd be better with groups
>>
>Watch Maximilian play this
>See him rage quit after four consecutive loses & talking about how he prefers 1v1& will play again on launch
I mean, yea, there was some bad connection issues but I thought the game looked fun. Anyone else covering the Closed Beta?
>>
>>388479059
Max doesn't wanna learn anything anyway.
>>
>>388479059
>maximilian
>shills for whoever pays the most
>but is almost DSP tier at the vast majority of fighting games and then as soon as the twitch PR is done he starts shitting on those games because he constantly loses

The fact that he too was bitching about G Gundam not being in Versus proves just how cancerous G Gundam fans are.
>>
File: Dissidia-Final-Fantasy-NT.jpg (602KB, 1198x674px) Image search: [Google]
Dissidia-Final-Fantasy-NT.jpg
602KB, 1198x674px
>>
>>388476805
I lost and came in first once. Guess my teammates just sucked ass.
>>
>>388479583
I'm calling bullshit. You would have had to do over 3000 points worth of damage and the MVP of the winner doing only 700 during the game to be able to out pace the end of game bonuses.
>>
File: 1470085123740.png (736KB, 970x888px) Image search: [Google]
1470085123740.png
736KB, 970x888px
Yeah okay fuck it, I give. I'm not getting any better and I keep fucking losing whether it be of my own shit skill or my teammates getting analed on the side. Fun game I guess but it reminds me of why I hate team based shit. I'll just stick to watching other people play.
>>
>>388479532
I don't know. After the initial shock it's pretty simple to tell what's going on. If it didn't have the lock on and attack indicators from FFXII then it'd be chaos.
>>
>>388478785
These japs man.
>>
>>388475195
If Gaius doesn't rep XIV as a villain, I will be severely disappointed
>>
You and me onion knight we're going places
>>
>>388475195
Don't fucking call her boring asshole.
>>
How come the home version took 2.5 years by the time its out? The arcade cabinets are basically PS4s as is
>>
I cant do it anymore guys.

I peaked. I just cant win anymore matches. Silver B has me bested.
>>
Anyone that complains about Squall or Exdeath being too powerful in 012 is a shitter.
>>
File: 1498500751432.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498500751432.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>388481156
>Stuck in Silver E with Tidus
>Just cruising through Silver with Shantotto and up for promotion in a few matches
I'm clearly in the wrong timeline. Maybe I'll give Squall a shot.
>>
>>388478785
So basically I shouldn't play with anyone unless I trust them completely and can read their mind.
>>
>>388478785
I watch japanese matches all the time when they're grouped to random chucklefucks and do just fine
>>
>>388478785
>This last match
https://youtu.be/Di4CyA3hUw8?t=12m46s
How long until NA starts doing stuff like this?
>>
>>388481864
Depends on if Square can convince people to actually play long enough for NA to get good.
>>
>>388481864
Japs have a 2 year head start
>>
File: 1501621785216-1.png (73KB, 229x257px) Image search: [Google]
1501621785216-1.png
73KB, 229x257px
>>388475985
Oh fucking kek.

Thanks for the laugh, anon.
>>
>>388479953
I'm serious, it actually happened. Believe it or don't, no skin off my back.
>>
>>388482095
back to 9gag you underage fuck
>>
>get a Vacuum>Enfeeble>Meteor combo with Terra
>get a double kill
I get the complaints people have with this game, even agree with most of them, but fucking hell, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't having fun.
>>
>>388482785
It's a decent foundation to be honest and while I get where some people are coming from back when they announced this for arcade first it was obvious they were going in a different direction from the PSP games.
>>
>>388482785

All the casters seem fun so far. Hopefully Kefka will be maximum fun too.
>>
I played a bit of it today, and while I thought it was alright, I've got one pretty big complaint.

That is one HONKING huge HUD.
That HUD has ZERO reason for being that big. At least two or three elements don't need to be there at all. Just...goddamn. It's like I'm playing the game through a screen door of meters
>>
>>388479532
Looks like Battleborn has finally been topped.
>>
>>388483161
Forgot my pic
>>
>>388483161
They already said they're changing the HUD for the console release. They're still using the arcade HUD for the beta.
>>
>>388483245

Hopefully they make the lock on system a little better too.
>>
>>388483161
Lots of people may make fun of the hub but considering high level play videos like
>>388481864
>>388478785
the information is fucking vital.
>>
>>388483245
God, I fucking hope so.

Here's a pic for comparison.
I get that there's more going on in the new one, but surely we don't need THAT much visual clutter.
They even do that retarded rookie mistake of having health bars onscreen AND floating over character heads. Knock that shit off.

And take those pointless character portraits with you. At the very least, have the functional stuff overlap it more. And ditch the minimap.
>>
I hope they let you use more than one HP attack.

Tidal Flame is cool and all, but once those fuckers start running when their health is low, im pretty much useless.

not to mention everybody is busy fighting their own battles, so they usually dont just drop it and bum rush the character with the lowest health.
>>
>>388481393
>Stuck in Silver E with Tidus
Just spam the spin move that follow the enemy for minutes, you'll win.
>>
It sure is nice being on a losing streak
>>
>>388483379
>try to evade
>misstap and change target
>get assraped by hp combo
This really, REALLY needs controller config in the options.

Also:
>jumping with O
wtf were they thinking

>>388483971
git gud
It happens to all of us anon
>>
>>388483809
>bum rush the character with the lowest health.
And let a free summon go off, you're nuts. I'll pop in to say hi if I'm nearby but there's no way in shit I'm going to be focusing on some patsy
>>
Firion vortex triple kills are so off the chain. Almost as satisfying as Y'shtloa triple holy kills.
>>
File: 1483750171686.gif (1MB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1483750171686.gif
1MB, 512x288px
>be having fun on the beta
>realize I'd need PS+ for the full game
Fuck you Square, fuck you very much.
>>
>>388484063
You can switch X and O on the PS4, didn't really help but it's still better than the PSP.
>>
>>388484359
>WOOOOW WHO KNOW MULTIPLAYER GAMES THAT ARENT FREE REQUIRE PS+
Go away Phil
>>
>>388483704
>They even do that retarded rookie mistake of having health bars onscreen AND floating over character heads. Knock that shit off.
It might not be the most aesthetically pleasing, but it's functionally necessary for the game.
>>
>>388484093
Man I don't give a fuck about Summons
I'm very confident in my ability to dodge them while fighting.

Iunno about my team though, so if im feeling generous, i'll stop them from summoning. I try to play support sometimes.
>>
>>388483704
Thank lord you're not in game design.
>>
Will the console version have any of the RPG mechanics from the PSP games or is this a straight up Gundam Versus clone
>>
>>388484775
>Will the console version have any of the RPG mechanics from the PSP games
It doesn't seem so.
I wouldnt put it past square to add some sort of customisation later, even if only for single player.
They DID confirm a single player campaign, right? I'm not imagining things, right?
>>
>>388485137
Yeah a single player campaign is indeed happening but who knows HOW it's happening.

I hope RPG-esque mechanics don't come back they put such a silly barrier for lower level players to get up to where I am.
>>
>>388485137
You have to level characters to get additional slots and customizations. And yes they already confirmed solo story.

Are you guys really still stuck in pre-Evo news? Some of the shit you're asking for is already in the arcade version.
>>
>>388440428
Maybe because the series in general feels really unsatisfying, beyond the fanwank(which I like quite a lot, mind you). Very button-mashy, fights that can end within seconds, annoying wall running and semi-flying/hovering. It's like they took an ARPG along the lines of KH, made the entire thing a boss rush against the larger/tankier/more dangerous normal enemies, removed the floor, and put a results screen and lobby between each kill. The entire time I've played them there's always been a thought tickling the back of my mind about how I wish the rest of the game was there, too.
>>
>>388485312
>some of the stuff you are asking about is already online on the arcade version that is only available across the pacific ocean, YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS
fuck off
>>
>>388483240
>>388483704
-turn the portraits into those FFXII style pixelated portraits
-remove the nametags for "nameless xxxxx"
-make the team lifebar into a 3/3 based on symbols instead
-get rid of all the wavy pointless silver bars and graphics
-make everything smaller in general
>>
>>388485689
>ask about shit that a simple fucking google would solve
>with tons of videos from the JP players available
>and translated play by play tutorials and feature explanations for the arcade
>plus consistent news of updates that Square makes available in English as well
>get mad when people call you fucking retarded
>>
>>388485312
>You have to level characters to get additional slots and customizations
Wow that sure is RPG mechanics, I love leveling up useless shit and not my stats.
>>
>tfw you fuck up something fierce and end up near death
>have to spend the entire game running so you don't end up feeding the other team because the team happens to be decently coordinated

I never felt so useless before /v/ I need my Kuja back.
>>
>Watch a Japanese player in the demo
>Wow they aren't playing much different than me I wonder what ranking they got
>S rank with 2nd place 1600~ points
>Oh...
>>
I think the deciding factor for me when this comes out will be the lobby and match customization. Like match time, number of teams life points, map rotation, etc.
Otherwise I can see myself getting tired of it super fast.
>>
What are you supposed to do when that faggot WOL force targets your entire team and he has Cloud hopping around doing his max charged divebomb?
>>
>>388484576
>but it's functionally necessary for the game.
I disagree, but even if I didn't, I'd say they should have one or the other. Maybe have one appear when the other isn't available. You should always, ALWAYS eliminate redundant data onscreen whenever possible.

>>388484730
Oh fuck you. You really think that YUGE character portrait is in any way necessary? Or those Triangle button prompts? And the minimap is completely pointless when those FF12 lock-on arcs do exactly the same thing.
>>
>>388479953
I've seen at least 3 instances where someone on the losing team was first. It's not impossible.
>>
>just played with Cyberman65 on my team and got more points than him
nice
>>
>>388486774
>And the minimap is completely pointless
And what of people dashing in your direction while targeting somebody else so that your tethers don't indicate them to your intent like what's currently done right now in japan.
>>
this game is hard. how to play as squall?
>>
>>388486774
>mini map shows positions of all enemies including distance and where they're traveling, something that the tethers don't
>it also shows the position of the crystal
>team lives are shown in a quick to discern and recognizable visual because everyone knows what health bars look like
>portraits show you your team comp at all times, status effects, bravery, and HP
>same with enemy team
>triangle prompts show the cooldown on skills

Literally only the bottom bar stretching across the screen is truly redundant since it's mostly there for quick communication macros that barely anyone, even high level Japanese players, use.

It's not pretty but to say it isn't functionally necessary means you haven't played it beyond bronze level. You literally get all the necessary data to play and without a lot of those things people would be even more confused than they already are.
>>
>>388487364
learn how to trigger your revolver with every swing
after the first so you don't do ass damage.
>>
>>388487364
https://youtu.be/aaIpxQheFSY
https://youtu.be/QzEPFOLOpAg
>>
>>388487613
how do i do the trigger?
>>
>>388486774
>And the minimap is completely pointless when those FF12 lock-on arcs do exactly the same thing

Enjoy getting backstabbed by anyone with a HP attack that doesn't really need lock on like y'shtola holy or onion knight spirit surge etc.
>>
>>388488003
Be frame perfect with every hit.
>>
It doesn't look like dodging has invincibility
>>
>>388488172
what does that mean
>>
>>388488821
Hit the X button precisely when the attack before ended. So X *attack happens* *attack ends* X. Don't just spam the button.
>>
I feel like im not learning as much as I should be. Is there a trick to recovering from getting comboed that im just not comprehending?
>>
>>388489176
You just press circle.
>>
>been choosing ramuh since he seems like the best summon
>i was right
nice
>>
I've seen tournaments use the entire range of summons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNOHZrGXt8g
>them astrodunks
>>
>>388489927
>he doesn't shout out I'LL CRUSH YOU in English even when using the Japanese voice

Dropped.
>>
>>388489802
He WAS the best, now Shiva is currently picked in the Arcade version 90% of the time.
>>
>>388489802
>not going for perfect icefu because MUH STATS
gay
Bahamut and Ifrit are acceptable choices tho
>>
>>388490092
you just had to ruin my moment didnt you?
>>
File: 1500342541166.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1500342541166.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>we will never have dissidia that expanded on the mechanics and added more moves over 012
>we will never have a dissidia on modern consoles where they add more and more obscure characters via DLC with their own stories
>we will never have the assist mechanics more fleshed out
>we will never have more large and open maps
>we will never have a true sequel now that NT is the current dissidia project

It's not fair. I want to feint niggas as tifa and experience that one dude who is wrecking my shit as Jecht and manage to squeak out a turnaround as the lyrics in Cantata Mortis & God In Fire kick in
But instead I get a game with no customization and a stale gameplay after an hour
>>
>>388490092
Whats wrong with the others?
>>
>>388490218
cool wrong info bruv
>>
>>388490486
t, shill
>>
>People thinking a game made in 2015 is going to get any mechanic changes

Wew
>>
>>388490218
>But instead I get a game with no customization and a stale gameplay after an hour
>after an hour
That's how I felt when I finally got good at Emperor. Not like it mattered when Ultimecia existed. Still double bomb two electric was fire. I will still never understand why the stages in dissidia were so big when there was nothing going on in most of them.

Dissidia's character balance was so terrible and it died in adhoc party mere months afterwards so I had to go to forums to fight dudes.
>>
>>388490523
cool wrong info bruv
>>
>>388490218
>we will never have more large and open maps
And this is a negative how exactly?
Dashing for 40 seconds straight to get a fucking summon core wasnt fun, that was stupid.
>>
How do I gitgud with Y'shtola?
>>
>>388490557
Yeah the balancing was awful. A lot of matchups had to be 8-2 maybe even 9-1. I'm hoping 3v3 will make more characters viable and less characters oppressive. Emperor seems so much more at home in this game as he can now just be a general nuisance and space control for his team.

And yeah the stages made no sense in the PSP games. I sometimes wonder if they were going to make the game 2v2 to begin with, but the handheld couldn't handle it so they dropped the concept.
>>
>>388490557
True. Maybe because I played mostly bartz, tifa, and WoL it stayed fresher?
>>388490486
t, shill
>>388490757
True. Maybe it's because there's too many maps that are so dense it breaks the camera. I really just want less of that.
>>
>>388490271
Easier to explain if I say why she is good, its just she has Bravery boosts which is always useful and her attacks freeze people in place for a long ass time if hit letting you get a easy HP attack, additionally the graphics tells on her sweeping attacks is probably the easiest one to miss when chaotic shit is happening.
>>
>>388490926
cool wrong info bruv

if you even bothered being anything other than ass ravaged you'd be able to use google
>>
>>388491027
What's wrong with his info, bruv?
>>
>>388490853
Don't sit in your traps and think those alone are going to stop you from getting punched in your shit. Fling spells at everybody and support your allies.

And for the love of god don't tunnel on a single person unless they're packing 3.5k brave.

>>388490914
>I sometimes wonder if they were going to make the game 2v2 to begin with
I'm glad I wasn't the only one. Like I wanted to mention this but I thought it'd derail the point I was trying to make. Like the spages were really big and it made so much sense given the many types of airdash and how some utility skills were worded for there to be a multiplayer aspect to it.
>>
>>388491120
Everything.
>>
>devs announce Tifa
>trailer unveils
>she has reduced breasts
>skirt covers more of her legs

You know it is going to happen.
>>
>>388490092
>Shiva is picked 90% of the time
Not hard to see why
>>
>>388491226
shill
>>
>>388491159

what are good ways to use Y'shtola's traps?
>>
>>388491394
also
>has man shoulders
>no ass
>legs are shorter
>hair and eyes are black
>>
>>388491459
Use em near Crystals or when you're in a team fight. Blizzard in particular is good if a melee is rushing at you.
>>
>>388491459
In any situation where they control space like near a fight or around cores, just don't sit in them as armor moves exist and they'll just blast through your trap and fuck you up.
>>
>>388491396
not that shit shiva tho.
>>
>>388491159
The grabbing the orb for your ex meter mechanic never really made much sense in 1v1 either. For the most part one person always had a strict advantage (depending on placement and if they were comboing at the time) when it came to grabbing it. I could see them having maybe even planned a 4 player free for all system.
>>
>>388491418
cool wrong info bruv

keep repeating basic bitch shit saying it isn't in when the arcades have had it for a year already
>>
What happens if you summon Alexander on the Alexandria stage? Are there now two Alexanders on stage or does it actually use the 9 version already there?
>>
>>388491524
also
>she's black
>has an afro
>>
>>388491729
The latter. It changes to night time too from what ive heard.
>>
>>388491880
so they decided to add sazh instead huh
>>
File: IMG_8277.jpg (22KB, 291x238px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8277.jpg
22KB, 291x238px
The HUD isn't THAT bad, but if they could slim it down it would help a lot. Otherwise I'm having a lot of fun with this so far.
Also I hope we can change music. Holy shit that singing gets old really fast
>>
>>388492024
They only thing I have a complaint about the HUD is the other players' Bravery, but on the other hand, I would have no idea about how to change it.
>>
Is it supposed to be slow as fuck?
>>
>>388492346
Have you considered that you're the slow one?
>>
>>388491394
>that's going to happen
Hahaha not with how already not with shiva flocking with half a bikini
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwxu3IkDWqk

Y'hstola Rhul? Y'shtola Rules!
>>
>>388492346
No it's not. You must be doing something wrong if it feels slow
>>
>>388492637
I want to impregnate a catgirl
>>
>>388476868
>gun cloud

?Squal
>>
>>388492808
>>>/xivg/
>>
>>388490092
But I want muh Alexander to carpet bomb the stage.
>>
>>388492005
He will probably be one of the DLC characters. He was supposed to be playable in 012 to begin with
>>
File: Jecht-Dissidia-NT.jpg (62KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
Jecht-Dissidia-NT.jpg
62KB, 750x400px
>Every character reveal trailer also has a remix of a theme from their game.
>Jecht has the original Otherworld cause it is too good for one.
>>
>>388493112
With only 50 characters and more spin offs getting characters Sazh won't get in. Gilgamesh and Agrias were already spoiled by Dengeki twitter too.
>>
>>388493221
You can't outdo Otherworld. Got it right the first time.

The black mages did a version. It's not as good...
>>
File: 1493522486589.png (108KB, 191x206px) Image search: [Google]
1493522486589.png
108KB, 191x206px
>>388493259

>Agrias

You better not be lying!
>>
>>388493112
I'd rather play anyone(except Hope) from 13's original party over Lightning.
Also hope we get Caius playable this time. 13 needs a villain rep and he was actually one of the better parts of the 13 games.
>>
>>388493259
They didnt say theyd stop at 50, 50 is just an arbitrary goal they set.
>>
>>388493468
50 was the hot number for gundam versus as well and they stated also in that they planned to go over 50 as 50 is too small a number
>>
>>388492918
Squall actually gets character development.
>>
>>388493561
Gundam also has way more content than Final Fantasy including a shitload of MSVs that are popular as fuck. They hit 100 units easy without even doing all the suits that are popular.
>>
How much more damage does Squall do when you trigger? Can I get some numbers?
>>
>>388493685
Comparatively gundam does have a lot more than final fantasy but that's not to say Final fantasy is a slouch either. Every numbered series after 3 has so many characters to bring in, Edgar in particular is probably one of the prime examples of characters we'll likely see if only for how iconic he is
>>
>pick Terra
>enemy team double teams me the entire time with two melee
>I play as evasively as possible the whole time
>my two teammates completely fuck up the third guy all day
>we win with ease because of it

Get fucked.
>>
>>388493561
Theres a lot of FF characters, stopping at 50 would seem like a waste
>>
>>388493760
>Edgar
Wheres Locke, Shadow, and Celes?
>>
>>388493804

I had something similar to that when I was playing Y'shtola.

Seems people forget to stick together...
>>
>in a final fantasy mood lately
>try out the F2P games on mobile to see what the big deal is
>Brave Exvius
>music is excellent
>visuals are AMAZING and exactly how I wanted a modern mainline FF to look like
>animations and sounds are all great and satisfying
>interface has a very clean look to it; top notch presentation
>story is horrible and the cast is so cookie cutter I can't even sit through the thirty second cutscenes
>awful gacha mechanics even for mainline characters like Ashe, which means I'm stuck playing as these generic literally whos made for the game
>takes absolutely forever to get enough crystals to do a 10 roll, and the rates are pathetically low anyway
>try out Record Keeper
>immediately able to get all my favorite characters guaranteed
>rolling is for equipment and such so there is no paywall preventing you from getting the characters you enjoy
>uses the ATB system so it feels more like a FF game in that regard
>looks horrible; like something you would see on Newgrounds
>is extremely dull and uninteresting to play

Seems like either way I lose. If I could get the characters I wanted in Exvius it would probably be pretty sweet. I rolled and did as many summon tickets as I could during the Nier event and did not get A2 or 2B the entire time. I'm just going to saveup for when the event with Gabranth comes out and if I can't roll him I'm probably done with the game.
>>
>>388442898
What in the SHIT
>>
>>388493958
In the pits:
Locke is a thief and shadow is a ninja, only Celes is unique
But Edgar is the engineer/machinist who codified a lot of the attacks recognizable like that game, such as the easily distinguishable bioblaster
>>
>>388494071
who are you quoting?
>>
>>388493760
The problem is FF has way more overlap than Gundam does due to shared game mechanics. Kain is pretty much the defacto dragoon and bringing in any other dragoon wouldn't change much except for aesthetic for instance.
>>
>>388493685
The units in Gundam versus also have nowhere near as much work put into them as a character in Dissidia. Tons of overlap and the unit models are a huge step down from the character models in Dissidia. They probably spent more time and money doing Terra's face than the Gundam team did doing 10 units.

Not to mention they are just copy, pasting, and then gutting units from Maxi Boost ON.
>>
>>388494159
Ah I didn't think about that. Yes there is a lot of overlap
>>
>>388494071
Have you tried Mobius?
It's pretty fun with nice graphics and great music
Only thing that sucks is you have to roll for new jobs
>>
I hate that my overwhelming sense of pride prevents me from simply being okay with support and nothing more.

I HAVE to get atleast one good kill in and I damn near refuse to leave someone alone until they either kill me or I kill them. Unless its Firion. Fuck Firion and his ground camping faggot rose ass. And god help me if they turn tail and run because I can kill them with one more HP attack.

Fight me like a man. you're gonna get these twin daggers in your ass one way or another.
>>
>>388494397
>firion
Nigga go attack his allies
>>
>>388494159
How can you seriously say that? So many units in the Gundam Vs games are just slightly modified versions of each other. They reduce the ammo on a couple moves, up the speed or strength of some moves, and then slap on maybe a slightly different animation for their arbitrary normals and boom a new character. Hell the padding started to get so bad they ended up adding straightup clones that were 90% the same as other units. They can also reuse models often times and just change some of the colorations.

Tidus is able to play differently than Cloud despite both using swords. It's just about how they want to design the characters. Aranea's jump in FFXV is significantly more deadly than any Dragoon before her and that could easily be integrated into her moveset, perhaps designing her to be more based around staying directly about your opponent.

Freya has quite a few unique moves that other Dragoons never had and have yet to gain. She's the most unique Dragoon of them all, and she's cute.
>>
>>388494375
I'm going to try it next. It seems cool and I have a feeling it will probably get a rep in Dissidia so I want to be familiar with it before this game launches.

>>388494397
People like you are way moba can never actually be enjoyable
>>
How come the FF1 character has no name? They didnt have canon names in the first game?
>>
>>388494858
No. They were all warrior of lights
>>
>>388494858
no
>>
>>388494593
sorry friendo, in my mind, you're not really helping any unless you make a direct contribution towards the cause. Any loser can just run around handing out HP regens and kill steal somebody elses fight.
>>
File: 1431338856705.jpg (705KB, 1363x968px) Image search: [Google]
1431338856705.jpg
705KB, 1363x968px
>>388458536
>>
>>388495269
They've improved a lot since then, but they keep making them bigger and more ridiculously priced. I also hate how they keep making DC characters (well more like 100 Batman) instead of their own properties. How do we not have a figure of every single character playable in Dissidia yet? It's absurd.
>>
>>388494983
>Any loser can just run around handing out HP regens and kill steal somebody elses fight.
Poorly maybe
>>
>>388442898
Reminds me of FFXIV... FUCKING EVERYTHING IS FLASHY BUT NOT A LOT IS GOING ON!
>>
>>388495658
Don't raid do ya
>>
>>388495783
Is it worse?
My girlfriend actually sucks the fun out of the game...
>>
Vaan was designed to ruin the lives of less skilled players. Holy shit I've been playing mostly Firion and Bartz, but then moved to Vaan to mess around and I've gotten a bunch of hate mail because of the Quickening shenanigans.
>>
>>388495828
Raids are "holy shit so much shit's going on at once" the experience. Some of the kill you attacks are flashy, but most of them fizzle out with you dying to an unassuming wave
>>
>>388494858
FF1 protag is Zest in canon
>>
>>388495269
That's old as fuck from their old shitty ones, their recent ones improved in quality, they still aren't perfect but they aren't as bad as that anymore
>>
>>388495851
You want to know how you ruin the lives of another player
Use a long range hp attack skill, target somebody, fire it off, then target somebody else. And even if they're targeting you they're dumb enough to think that it's going to somebody else
>>
>>388496389
That fucking ball man. Not only does it hit and trap if it makes a direct connect, it has projectiles. What the fuck yo www
>>
>>388494156
>i'm so retarded i cant understand that you can use greentext for other things than direct quotes: the post

lol ok kid
>>
Terra is best girl
>>
How do you get into the beta?
>>
>>388498236
preorder or find somebody that still has a spare code to give you.
>>
>>388498436
Do you get a code for preordering at FUCKING GAMESTOP? Im already in the beta but im gonna preorder when I pick up Kiwami Tuesday
>>
>>388498642
No clue, but it's best to check before you preorder from there.

codes that need to be registered to the SE website cannot be redeemed anymore. only codes that you enter directly into PSN can be used still.
>>
>>388498757
I preorder from there regardless because the rewards points gets me $25/$50 off when they build up

I was just wondering because if I got a PSN code id probably drop it here or something
>>
>>388489927
>Dunkmaster Garland
tell me more
>>
>>388500774
once of his hp attacks comes out fast as hell as decent range, and does bravery damage based on height. I saw a garland dunk during some tournament livestream that outright broke somebody from 400 brave and murdered the hell out of him.
>>
I lost to a streamer and they talked shit a bit. I feel bad...
>>
New Thread

>>>388499958
>>388499958
>>>388499958
>>388499958
>>
>>388501634
which one you lose to
Thread posts: 503
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.