[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the dark souls of videogames?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: xE6DG35sZvSVNyCzEDCVzG.jpg (640KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
xE6DG35sZvSVNyCzEDCVzG.jpg
640KB, 1920x1080px
What is the dark souls of videogames?
>>
Finnegans Wake
>>
>>388436041
explain
>>
Evangelion
>>
>>388436076
A book with a reputation for being impossible to conquer, when in reality it's a breeze once you "figure it out" and you inevitably realize that it's one of the greatest works of art ever produced by the hands of men

Only problem is, it isn't a video game
>>
>>388436323
So it's like dark souls of books
>>
>>388436452
No it's the dark souls of video games
>>
Castlevania. No one can do a definitive rating, they are almost the same except for some techniques and locations, bosses are cool and soundtrack is always, ALWAYS a blast.
>>
>>388436567
so it's the book of the games
>>
>>388436819
It's the finnegans wake of video games
>>
Crash Bandicoot.
>>
>>388436041
>>388436323
>Riverrun, past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore to bend of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs. Sir Tristram, violer d'amores, fr'over the short sea, had passen-core rearrived from North Armorica on this side the scraggy isthmus of Europe Minor to wielderfight his penisolate war: nor had topsawyer's rocks by the stream Oconee exaggerated themselse to Laurens County's gorgios while they went doublin their mumper all the time: nor avoice from afire bellowsed mishe mishe to tauftauf thuartpeatrick: not yet, though venissoon after, had a kidscad buttended a bland old isaac: not yet, though all's fair in vanessy, were sosie sesthers wroth with twone nathandjoe. Rot a peck of pa's malt had Jhem or Shen brewed by arclight and rory end to the regginbrow was to be seen ringsome on the aquaface.

nigger is this what fucking monkeys read
>>
>>388435959
ET
>>
>>388437973
fuck
why was atari so bad
>>
File: hhhhhhh.jpg (99KB, 970x990px) Image search: [Google]
hhhhhhh.jpg
99KB, 970x990px
>>388437521
truly the demon souls of animes
>>
>>388436856
It's the Finnegan's Wake of Dark Souls.
>>
But what are the video games of dark souls?
>>
File: NG2_comic.jpg (249KB, 408x2948px) Image search: [Google]
NG2_comic.jpg
249KB, 408x2948px
>>388435959
Ninja Gaiden
>>
>>388438632
kings field
>>
I started playing BloodBorne the other day, I had never even played any of the Souls games before. /v/ had already warned me, but holy shit was my anus not prepared.
>>
>>388435959
Dark Souls
>>
Guys should i get dark souls 2 or mgs tpp , dark souls 3 is my favorite game along with Witcher 3 but since i heard so many bad things about dark souls 2 idk if its worth
>>
File: Emerald_Herald_Trailer_01.jpg (44KB, 1098x810px) Image search: [Google]
Emerald_Herald_Trailer_01.jpg
44KB, 1098x810px
>>388439653
I've played all souls games, and ds2 is my personal fave. Get the sotfs version
But I can't guarantee anything, that game divieds opinions so much
>>
>>388439396
WOOO GOT 'EM TROLLED LOL
>>
>>388439653
>>388439928
I also have mgsv but that's a completely different game. Which game you wanna play more? My personal recommendation is ds2
>>
>>388439653
Do not get Dark Souls 2. Not even SotFS. I bought it and went in with a very open mind, all hyped up by the fanbase it has here and hbomberguy's defense video. I was completely snookered

I've now attempted to play the game four times and every time I've quit out of anger and dismay. Not because of the difficulty, but because of how fucking atrocious the enemies, placement, mechanics, and level design are. For reference, I beat both 1 and 3 with no summoning or guides. This isn't a difficulty issue. It's a quality issue and I'm upset with myself for falling for the memes
>>
>>388439928
Yeah I like Emerald Herald too, she refills your bottle of sunny D with her urine
>>
>>388440348
stop
>>
>>388440461
No, she has to go somewhere, sometime and all the pots are filled with shit. Its ok to admit you crave the refreshment she offers
>>
>>388440101
Honestly i just want more souls-shit but if its as bad as everyone makes it seem maybe i should just move on to other good games

>>388440275
Is it so clunky and slow that it's not even enjoyable?
>>
File: scared.gif (975KB, 245x239px) Image search: [Google]
scared.gif
975KB, 245x239px
>it's the Dark Souls of Mount&Blade in Skyrim with guns.
>>
>>388440879
I hope there isn't too much water
>>
>>388440746
It feels "off" in every way imaginable. Adaptability as a stat kills the game on arrival, as does your health bar getting smaller after each death. The game basically forces you to spend all your souls on adaptability and vitality from the get-go if you want to dodge and be clever instead of just shieldfagging. The way you hold your shield up is just fucking retarded as well, you hold it like three feet in front of you which makes it fucking useless. I would say that's a good way to get players more comfortable with dodging but oh yeah they fucked that up even worse
>>
>>388441069
I endes up getting mgs thanks for the help
>>
>>388442393
Good decision, anon
Heed my warning if you ever get the urge to buy DS2 again. Perhaps one day you'll just have to do it, just to satisfy your curiosity, but don't be surprised when you rightfully hate it
>>
File: dark souls.jpg (37KB, 1136x196px) Image search: [Google]
dark souls.jpg
37KB, 1136x196px
>>388436041
>>388437521
this is also from the book
>>
Demon Souls
>>
My farts have really been smelling like hot scrambled eggs lately, especially when I have my legs up in my chair. Dark souls for this feel?
>>
>>388442798
my farts smell worse when I'm in shower, is that the dark souls of bathing?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.