[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>enter a town/city in a game >population: 8 why is this allowed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 12

File: 21.png (9KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
21.png
9KB, 320x288px
>enter a town/city in a game
>population: 8
why is this allowed?
>>
>>388431503
To be fair most towns are usually only about twice that
>>
>>388431604
then its not town but small village
>>
>>388431604

most trailer parks start at 100
>>
>8 humans
There are infinite pokemon in the grass
>>
File: IMG_1807.jpg (569KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1807.jpg
569KB, 1920x1080px
>>388431503
because or reason. meanwhile, at Ubisoft
>>
>>388431503
Well, that was because of the Kanto war.
>>
fun fact: most "villages" in early middle ages europe (specifically 500-800 AD) consisted of 3-5 mud huts.
>>
>>388431503
>what is stilization
>>
>>388431892
Wrong I've lived in a trailer park with a population of 19
>>
>>388431503

>complaining about straight to the point towns
>he would rather have fucking messes like X's Lumiose city, or dozens of useless houses in an Elder scrolls game
>>
>>388431503
Because it's a 20 year old game you fucking sperg.
>>
People that want actual realistic cities that they can fully explore are fucking fools.
>>
>>388432359
I like the useless houses if you can enter them i hate houses you can never enter it is better having less houses
>>
>>388432040
a fact that you pulled out of your ass
>>
>>388431503
Yeah, Pallet Cul-de-sac would be more apt, and half of that population are eggheads who probably commute.
>>
>>388432439
>fucking fools
Don't talk about my wife that way
>>
I know it's bait but it's just abstraction/stylization that you can do if you aren't going for realism
>>
>>388431503
> shield says population is 26
> only 8 people in the town
>>
>>388432023
Those are just the same 8 people copied and pasted hundreds of times
>>
What do wild pokemon eat?
>>
>>388431503
It's okay when Nintendo does it
>>
>>388431503
there's plenty of towns around me that size or slightly larger like 20 people
but there's also large towns like 1k plus and a medium sized city.
>>
>>388431503
they live a short walk away from the next town
>>
Th protagonist is dead, and you are just playing his old memories. Those are just the people who are memorable to him
>>
>>388434837
Berries, bokemon, other abimals.
>>
>>388431503
Because video games aren't real life simulators and aren't to scale
>>
well it's a gameboy game, so it was literally physically impossible to make the towns larger, the pokemon games were already pushing the limits of what you could put on a GB cartridge
>>
>>388431503
how about proposing a better way of doing it on gameboy hardware, hmm?
>>
>>388435660
Larger towns and environments exist in that game, so it wasn't "literally physically impossible", it was just lazy design.
>>
>play an MMO
>can walk across a continent in less than an hour
wtf I hate MMOs now
>>
>>388435910
no, it was literally physically impossible

virtually all the bugs in the pokemon games can be traced back to the tricks they had to do just to get the damn thing to fit, like triple dipping on address space because they ran out

there's a very good reason a game like Pokemon only appeared at the very tail end of gameboy development, it was a highly ambitious project that payed off.
>>
>>388431503
Needs more muslims rapefugees?
>>
>>388431503
because it is kinda cute
imagine living in a small town like that were you know everyone and everyone knows you
>>
>>388436178
Explain how Pokemon Gold and Silver completely blew the fuck out the size of the original games then.
>>
>>388436420
nah, rape barely happens in the pokemon universe
I mean, some idiot rapist tries to fuck a girl, she summons a god damn dragon to fuck his shit up

lack of intelligence and sociopathy are common traits in rapists, they're also traits that make training pets difficult.
>>
>>388436583
new cartridge type that accepted larger filesizes
>>
>>388436583
Because Iwata is a fucking wizard who made it work. There's a reason the Safari Zone isn't in Gold and Silver, they literally ran out of room and couldn't do anything more to get it in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGFBtVbBgnM
>>
>>388436530
Now that's what I call autism!
This guy, seriously...???
And even the feels meme to top it off, damn you are far gone dude
>>
>>388435473
>bokemon, other abimals.
But Pokemon are the animals you goon.
>>
>>388436884
>brilliant coder and designer
>so good at his job he kept getting promoted
>never worked directly on a game again, his greatest skill
>>
>>388436971
you're mean :(
>>
>>388436530
>everyone know you're an autistic virgin loser
I'll stick to big cities, thanks
>>
>>388434721
Just like real life.
>>
File: 1351795869136.jpg (27KB, 419x304px) Image search: [Google]
1351795869136.jpg
27KB, 419x304px
>Enter a "village"
>It's actually a hamlet
>>
>>388436971
everything is autism
>>
>>388432275
He said most you colossal retard
>>
>>388436530
I would love to get out of the city and live somewhere cozy
>>
>>388437439
Agreed that everything from this guy: >>388436530
definetely is
>>
File: 1481585-giovanni_rb.png (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1481585-giovanni_rb.png
16KB, 320x320px
>>388436746
>rape qt, she summons a dragon
>summon Nidoqueen that proceeds to rape it, while I go to town
>>
>>388431503
Because having a much larger town would not benefit the game in any way because he whole point is to go around the wild and catch pokemon. Towns are just there to hold a boss and get supplies. It's the same reason why people complaining about BotW not having big cities are retarded.
>>
>>388431503

You are just a little kid traveling inbetween bunkers and start animal fights to pass the time.
>>
File: Iris.png (79KB, 275x281px) Image search: [Google]
Iris.png
79KB, 275x281px
>>388437767
Giovanni isn't going to rape random girls in the street, that's pretty crime, he's a criminal mastermind and he's got better things to do, like blackmailing the president of one of the largest industrial concerns in the country.

Also there's a chance the little girl is pic related at which point even he gets his shit kicked in.
>>
>>388431503
>playing the concusion of the epic civil war storyline in Skyrim
>fifteen total people on screen
Whoa...
>>
>>388431503
>the average TES town is only slightly bigger than the average town in a Pokemon game

How does Bethesda keep getting away with it?
>>
>>388431503
Use your imagination brah.

Follow this through to the logical conclusion.

>Game has a town filled only with buildings and people that you can do something with or talk to.

>Guys like you complain.

>Devs create a more "realistic" town. Hundreds of houses with locked doors just like in real life.

>People complain about "emptiness"

>Devs add "quality of live improvements". Towns are still huge, with locked doors, but you can fast travel from the menu to the three buildings you actually need to visit.
>>
>play korean MMO
>instead of making a big city, they made a city big
>>
>>388437920
But the open fields are empty too.
>>
>>388436530
trust me i live in a town of 1.8k people
it isn't all its cracked up to be
everyone knows everyone and everyone gossips about everyone
if you are even slightly out of the norm you stick out like a giant fucking sore thumb and become the talk of the town
everyone stares you down at the shop and everyone snickers as you pass them
good thing i live a few miles from everyone in the country lol
>>
File: secret_18_map.jpg (533KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
secret_18_map.jpg
533KB, 1920x1080px
>>388438725

This.

OP, I haven't played Pokemon in 15 years but I can tell you that those three buildings are Ash's house, Gary's house, and Oak's lab.

I played the game pictured like, last year. Couldn't tell you shit about any of these buildings.
>>
Why do you need a large town in a game like Pokemon. You are not supposed to stick around in a town. You are supposed to catch POKEMEN!
>>
>>388438175
You wouldn't have to look hard to find examples of men who run legit businesses, bishops who lead dioceses, executives who run studios, and politicians who run nations, dabbling in a spot of rape, but you think a guy who runs a crime syndicate would be above it?
He's not going to be doing it in alleyways, but you can bet there are girls who never make it to Indigo Plateau after being last seen in Viridian City.
>>
>>388437627
>definetely
Stick to 9gag
>>
>>388438175
Have you read the pokemon adventure manga?

Its pretty fucked. at least up to the gen4 part, you can stop then
>ho-oh murdering people and kidnapping their children
>>
>>388431503
Would the game be any better if the town was bigger? What would it bring to the table?
>>
>>388436884
jesus christ i know you have to speak for an audience but like 90% of this video is cs101, i wish they had a timestamp for people who already know all this shit
>>
>>388439789
because he wouldn't have to
boss of a criminal empire after all, he doesn't have to stalk the streets of his hometown, especially not using his signature pokemon which could be traced back to him thanks to his status as legitimate gym leader
he has a catalogue of girls to order from, delivered to his room within 5 minutes

and you can't really use real world examples to much given the different circumstance of "everyone carries a critter with it capable of fucking up a human".
A full time politician or studio exec is probably not going to have that much time to raise himself a proper battling pokemon
>>
>>388440408
it's for people who don't know why what Iwata did was impressive
so folks who haven't followed a cs101 course
>>
>>388440551
i know, i acknowledged that
>>
File: Indian elephant.png (28KB, 770x338px) Image search: [Google]
Indian elephant.png
28KB, 770x338px
>>388437000
>Being this wrong
>>
>>388440610
welcome to the corporate hierarchy
>>
File: map.png (395KB, 527x447px) Image search: [Google]
map.png
395KB, 527x447px
>>388439138
Oh really?
>>
>>388441274
oh look at that a million herb nodes
>>
File: 1443835043108.png (548KB, 580x434px) Image search: [Google]
1443835043108.png
548KB, 580x434px
>>388440426
That's the thing that always bugged me about pokemon, not the small towns.

I realize badges and HMs are a progression gate, but I mean having pokemon is so central to the world how do people get by without any? If a trainer's eyes meet, that means they have to battle, but wouldn't everyone be a trainer in some capacity? They're not all challenging the gyms, are they? Because they make it sound like a tough thing to do, especially challenging the Elite Four and the Champion, they act like it's a big celebration, but could the Champion position just be a revolving door if everyone goes all the way? But wait, if everyone is a trainer, why are there NPCs who you don't battle at all? If they're not trainers, why would they abstain from having pokemon when it seems like it's impossible to travel without pokemon? Wait, how do other trainers know I'm a trainer? Do they all just harass every random person that passes by assuming they're all trainers? What if they challenge someone who isn't a trainer? That would be awkward. I know you have to accept a challenge from another trainer (which is fucking stupid) but what if you're just starting out and have only a level 2 pidgey? Do trainers really not care about challenge that they'd wipe out a level 2 Pidgey with their level 36 Arcanine? You'd think they'd take one look at your team and just not even waste the time.
>>
>>388431503
When I was living there, it was bigger. It was shrunken down to a gated community.

It was the "go to" spot for people wanting to go boating and partying on route 21. After a while of that, they passed laws steadily putting an end to all that. Of course, the local service industries went with it. People moved out over time and Pallet became a borderline ghost town. I mean, for me, it wasn't a problem. Being at the laboratory all the time, these changes of events didn't bother me or what I was doing.

Lives changed around here. Jobs were gone, and people struggled as years passed. One man ran out on the family! He had a wife and son! Poor kid, such a humble boy who rarely spoke. One day I had seen this boy running into route 1 and quickly got to him before he got hurt. He had tears in his eyes, so angry. I knew what this was about, but I tried to distract him by teaching him how to catch a pokemon. I then brought him down to the lab and gave him his first pokemon.

....This boy, years later became a pokemon champion. They called him RED, maybe because that's what you saw looking into his eyes. Full of rage and sorrow. That poor boy....
>>
>>388441390
You can pretty clearly see there's tons of shit hiding behind them too.
>>
>>388442059
virtually everyone uses pokemon in some capacity
only a smaller percentage of them are officially registered as trainers

only the people who are officially registered get to challenge gyms, go to E4, have a shot at becoming the champion etc but they also have to participate in battles if challenged.

Trainer cards are used for this purpose: they register who's an actual trainer as well as their total number of badges and various other info so most likely there'll be an exchange of that info before any challenge so both sides know what the likely difference in skill is.
Guy with the pidgey is then obviously not going to challenge the guy who's actively challenging the E4, other way around could happen but I imagine social conventions would find this very distasteful or perhaps it's even forbidden (remember the games are abstractions, like how it's fairly accepted the various gyms all have a near E4 main team and simply adjust what team they're using based on the skill level of the trainer currently challenging them, like brock probably has an aerodactyl he's not going to throw at the guy with the weedle)

And remember pokemon can be trained for a wide variety of purposes, battle just being a subset.
Wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that certain pokemon are used vastly more in utility roles (like machoke in construction work)
>>
>>388436971
HEY!
Not NICE
>>
>>388442834
take them and the shitty procedural "treasure" chests away and the map's suddenly a lot more empty
>>
>>388436884
this chick doesn't even explain what algorithm or management process he actually did, she just explains assembly then says "he did some memory management lol"
>>
>>388443902
well it's obvious why: Iwata was a legitimate brilliant coder, it'd take someone of at least a comparable skill level to explain what he did

I'd also take someone with good understanding of low level programming and gameboy architecture to understand it
>>
File: 800px-BreathoftheWildShrinesMap.jpg (216KB, 800x630px) Image search: [Google]
800px-BreathoftheWildShrinesMap.jpg
216KB, 800x630px
I mean there's definitely some areas without much going on but to say the whole world is empty is definitely an exaggeration.
>>
>>388431503

I always thought of pallet town as being an outskirt neighborhood of viridian city
>>
>>388437767
>not fucking the nidoqueen
>>
>>388444320
meant for >>388443169
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/vp/33398280
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.