[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well? How do fanboys answer this criticism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: darkest dungeon reviews.png (415KB, 1176x867px) Image search: [Google]
darkest dungeon reviews.png
415KB, 1176x867px
Well? How do fanboys answer this criticism?
>>
>>388428725
its fair
>>
>>388429035
The game is fair? No
>>
>>388428725
Pretty much my experience. Substituting actual game design with RNG is lazy, plain and simple.
>>
>>388429209
the argument is fair your sperg
>>
Is this one of those "fixed by mods" games?
>>
>>388429861
So the game is bad then?
>>
File: warning.png (100KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
warning.png
100KB, 1200x600px
>>388430203
No, it's one of those "fixed by not being an entitled casualfaggot who ignored the gigantic warning message that pops up literally every time you boot the game up"

>>388430289
No. It's very good. Not perfect, but totally worth your time.
>>
>>388430462
>having that saved
How will you answer OP's picture then?
>>
File: 04-4.jpg (72KB, 750x410px) Image search: [Google]
04-4.jpg
72KB, 750x410px
>>388430561
By reminding you that early access reviews are worth less than nothing. They're literally just:

>Here's what some random asshole thought of this game before it was even finished.
>>
>>388430289
Darkest Dungeon is awesome. The RNG is there to fuck you up if you didn't prepare for it. If you did, you will come out on top 90% of the time.
But the game has to be learned first. There are ways to cheese it and start pummeling back the enemies but it's the actual fun of it; to grasp the concepts and RNG and use them in your favor.
>>
>>388428725
I can understand being frustrated by the things they mentioned, but there's ways to prepare for what they mentioned. If you're going into the Darkest Dungeon, you should be prepared out the ass and have carefully picked your team composition. Actually read about curios and learn what items to use on them to not get a negative interaction. Don't set up your party without giving them a way to shuffle themselves back into their original positions.
>>
>>388430737
Look at the date. The game came out by that point.
>>
2 complaints on dd. Higher level chars refuse to go to lower level dungeons. You can't reuse characters in the darkest dungeon.

Artificially extends the game and slows momentum to a crawl.
>>
>>388431140
If you read the review though, he mentioned he only played after they added "The Cove" but but not after the game was finished.
>>
>>388430289
youre on cruise control until level 5
then you have to slow down and choose every move carefully
>>
>>388431239
You can toggle both of those things off now.
>>
File: 1441137090840.jpg (68KB, 298x251px) Image search: [Google]
1441137090840.jpg
68KB, 298x251px
>>388431247
Then literally in the same sentence says he waited for the final release and played through it. Fucking retard.
>>
>>388431239
Well there is a setting in the game that lets you reuse characters in the darkest dungeon at the cost of them gaining a lot of stress
>>
File: my ancestor did this.png (847KB, 1050x869px) Image search: [Google]
my ancestor did this.png
847KB, 1050x869px
>>388428725
>Bleed and blight seriously weak
t. a person that doesn't play PD, Flagellant or Helion
>Stronger enemies get 2-3 turns in a row[...]
False, only some bosses do more than one action per turn
>The random objects found while exploring have zero benefit to the player[...]
Also false, there are curios that always give beneficial rewards and others that even aid you during a mission (Holy Water used on a confessional can relieve you of plenty of stress for instance)

What a bunch of casuals
>>
>>388428725
GIT
GUD
>>
A lot of those problems literally can be resolved by turning the difficulty down. The game is by and large about risk management, like poker.

Complaining that the character improvement options available are useless and that RNG is all that matters indicates that they didn't bother with learning how character improvement works to handle said RNG. In short, "get gud".
>>
File: read me.png (45KB, 236x249px) Image search: [Google]
read me.png
45KB, 236x249px
>>388428725
Literally get good.

They both missed out on the most legitimate criticism, which is that the game can drag and get boring after you've learned its in in outs. But neither of them got to the point where they could make that criticism because they are both shitters.
>>
>>388431916
>The game is by and large about risk management, like poker.

what an ugly meme, disgusting!
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.