[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is it that all stage plays are political, any movie with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 250
Thread images: 30

File: hmm.png (26KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
26KB, 160x160px
why is it that all stage plays are political, any movie with a shot at winning awards is expected to be political, tv shows and even cartoons are getting more and more political (think steven universe), but when videogames try to be political you get a massive outcry of "keep politics out of videogames!"?
>>
Politics have always been part of video games.
If you don't think having a straight white male as the protagonist or having women as nothing but fanservice isn't a political statement you're an idiot.
>>
Disgaea 4 was so political it was about leading an insurrection against a corrupt government.
>>
>>388418052
Video games are for children.
>>
Because video games are far more technical and heavy focus on story and themes is new for the medium
>>
>>388418180
This. Don't credit videogames with being more socially important than they are.
>>
>>388418052
because vidya is alternative reality you inhabit, and vidya is made for relaxation.
>>
>>388418052
Why would toys be political?
>>
>>388418180
>>388418228
but so are cartoons yet name one modern cartoon that isn't political. No one is batting an eye at that.
>>
stage plays, movies, shows = passive, made to SHOW you something. Perfect for political metaphors etc etc.

games = interactive, made for having fun, being PLAYED. Politics can work here too but most of them time its just tacked on shit that nobody wants.
>>
>>388418124
I am white and want to be generally surrounded by whites. Just like any other race want to be with their own.

Thats tribalism, which is in our genes.
>>
>>388418180
Most games with political themes are rated 15+ idiot
>>
>>388418124
Which political views do your examples express?
>>
>>388418052
Because those media are made by people trying to influence others and tell them the correct way to think, and people see them as a social event to reinforce social norms (this is why you're a loser if you go to a movie alone)
Video games are just entertainment.
>>
>>388418052
White men have retreated to video games
>>
File: 1416075202782.jpg (9KB, 193x225px) Image search: [Google]
1416075202782.jpg
9KB, 193x225px
>>388418319
hows my little pony political?
>>
The reality is that vidya "writers" don't have the competence to handle political material which is why it's so cringeworthy when they try to.
>>
>>388418052
>More and more people let their stuff be covered in shit
Why are you so angry when I try to smear shit on your stuff?
>>
File: 1397798066702.png (167KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
1397798066702.png
167KB, 500x350px
Most relevant political movies, tv shows and cartoons are produced in America. They push these politics because they have been carefully groomed to expect them in their media, and would be considered inherently negative to not include them despite it not affecting the entertainment value they would provide.

Most relevant video games are created in Japan, which holds different political values compared with modern America. They have no obligation to include American politics in their entertainment.
>>
>>388418401
my little pony ends literally every episode with some progressive message the characters learned about how you should tolerate others no matter what
>>
>>388418052
Anything relating to real world politics is normalfag garbage. The average person shouldn't give a flying fuck about politics.
>>
>>388418741
Well shit...
Isnt that what all kids cartoons tell you? Dont fight and share your toys?

Apart from SJWism, I have no quarrel with that. The shitheads need clean moral values.
>>
>>388418180
Legos are political too.
>>
>>388418349
>Thats tribalism, which is in our genes.
No, it's just you being retarded and equating being scared of back people to muh genetics, without a single piece of proof.
>>
>>388418902
there was an episode where spike (dragon friend who lives with ponies) turned into an adult dragon and started terrorizing the place and kidnapping women. Instead of learning their lesson that dragons are evil creatures who are kept out of their village for a reason they try to reason with him until he decides to become calm again and they let him live in the (now destroyed) pony town once more without any consequences for his actions because that's the "friendship" thing to do.
>>
>>388418741
>you should tolerate others no matter what
And how is that political? It's called being a functional adult.
>>
>>388419109
LMGTFY
"same race preference"

whops..
>>
OP is right
We need more games that expose drumpf
Down with oppression

Tranny btw
>>
>>388418715
You realize that Persona 5 was an incredibly political game addressing very sensitive topics in Japan correct?
>>
>>388419459
Not only that, Drumpf casted Nazism spell on random people.

Only way to dispell the curse is to beat them.
>>
>>388419263
>Social and cultural impacts and divides have nothing to do with how people perceive race
Really makes me think
>>
>>388419645
Yet its prevalent on the whole fucking planet. Only some usaians think theres a problem here. Tell them no and they go apeshit.
>>
>>388419567
>They have no obligation to include American politics in their entertainment.
>American

>he thinks Persona 5 is the only single game produced by Japan and isn't a drop in the ocean
>>
>>388418052

Because political is ok and outright propaganda is awful. Think Dr. Strangelove: it made fun of both sides of the cold war (implying that it was being run by impotent aging generals that were escalating the conflict as a literal dick measuring contest) and implied that a Nazi infiltrator was also pressuring both side into nuclear war as part of a deranged plan to create a sexual paradise for himself in an underground bunker with the excuse that "10 females to each male" would be necessary to repopulate the species. It's hilarious, great movie.

Wolfenstein III and Far Cry 5 are propaganda. You're never going to learn about how corporate America funded and even built factories and supplied weapons to Nazi Germany, AND the Soviet Union, and has literally been funding both sides of every war we've been in since the 20's, you're never going to learn about that, through corporate propaganda. You're not going to be told about how racial tensions are being inflamed by wealthy interest groups who have been plotting an American civil war and corporate takeover to do away with the inconvenient constitution which allows people freedom.

I hope people enjoy being literal slaves ... or worse.
>>
File: 1499181259060.jpg (111KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1499181259060.jpg
111KB, 600x600px
>>388419858
>this extremely popular game doesn't matter because I said so
>>
because people only think its politics if its something they disagree with
>>
steven universe is political? because the weird jewel creatures have sex?
>>
>>388419206
see this >>388419205
>>
>>388418349
just because you prefer it doesn't make it ok

having straight white males be the "default" character in media is a political statement. removing politics from media, including video games, includes removing straight white men as the "default" character.

straight white men should only be characters if there is a story reason for them to be there.
>>
I'd actually love if vidya became political in an intelligent and nuanced way.
>>
>>388420446
steven universe is full of allegories with the gems having a strict class-system and their earth uprising bringing on the moral question of "is it ok to kill one oppressor if it improves the lives of many?" the show answer that with a "no" which upset tumblr more than anything else that ever happened in the show
>>
>>388419843
>Yet its prevalent on the whole fucking planet.
Are you sure about that statement? Have you researched every single culture and how they view race?
>>
>>388420961
/pol/ told me it's true so fuck off
>>
>>388420585
>>388419843

I have no problem with removing defaults. I have played games where I wasnt a whitey cis man. I purchase products which I like, and if the main character/plot is bullshit pandering I'm generally not interested.
>>
Metal Gear is pretty political and people love it. Oh, wait, that's right, it's not the kind of "politcal" Communists ITT mean.
>>
>>388420585
>having straight white males be the "default" character in media is a political statement

Why is that? Does it not make sense that primarily white developers in primarily white countries for primarily white audiences would make primarily white characters without making a statement out of it?

Is it a political statement to simply have a character be human to begin with? Should we instead focus on making fish be the "default" character in media, so as not to throw around political statements? Or would that be one, too?
>>
>>388420961
Main question : Have you?
second : how does 1 or 2 to exeptions make a rule that proves the other 99% of the time not valid?
>>
because /v/ is a reddit safe space.
get out with your facts and truth
>>
>>388420961
>>388421276
And before you get the wrong idea. THIS IS NOT ABOUT RACISM, BUT ABOUT PREFERENCES
>>
>>388420585
But the straight heroic everyman in a crazy situation against his will main character only exists because it's the least politically charged character possible.
Literal vanilla ice cream of character writing. That their skin is white is coincidental because most writers are white.
>>
>>388418052
Because politics are pure faggotry
>>
>>388421371
Oh, in that case you're probably right. I still don't think it's genetic though.
>>
File: 1377678487934.jpg (202KB, 417x502px) Image search: [Google]
1377678487934.jpg
202KB, 417x502px
GTA
Call of Duty
Medal of Honor
Halo
Metal Gear Solid
Skyrim
Assassin's Creed
Red Dead Redemption
Bioshock

are all extremely popular games/series that are political off the top of my head and no-one complains about them.

Maybe because their political content is handedly competently and appropriately and feels like a complimentary layer to the game, so that the player and audience gets the sense that the game was built to be a game and then some sort of narrative was put on top for entertainment, rather than the game being built to deliver a political message.

It's almost as if the messages, themes, motifs, and political/social content of your media should be subtextual implications derived from the events, characters, and setting of your creation rather than simply having your game/movie/play/show/novel/comic/etc be a billboard for your agenda.
>>
File: 185194.jpg (26KB, 529x399px) Image search: [Google]
185194.jpg
26KB, 529x399px
>>388421798
All of those games are shit.
>>
File: fucking contrarians.jpg (59KB, 550x532px) Image search: [Google]
fucking contrarians.jpg
59KB, 550x532px
>>388421227
>>
File: iwat.png (309KB, 452x579px) Image search: [Google]
iwat.png
309KB, 452x579px
>>388422202
That's not the point of the thread.
>>
>>388418052
When people say they don't want politics in video games, they mean they don't want their side to be shown as wrong or ridiculous.
>>
>>388418052
We are not allowed to comment on certain political topics
>>
Art has been political since the beginning of time and anybody bitching about their vidya being political is just angry that it doesn't reflect their personal views.
>>
I don't mind politics or social commentary being included in games. As long as it doesn't feel forced and the gameplay is good.
>>
>>388422462
I dont want to ponder about political science in my games.
>>
>>388422606
which games make you ponder about political science?
>>
>>388418052
Maybe cause games are for kids and I don't want swathes of unwashed 40 year old hipsters and casuals telling me stories covered literally hundreds of years ago in other media
>>
>>388422586
Last month I played Stellaris with a fanatic pacifist spiritualist. It was fucking boring. But then I started thinking about how thought provoking my Battleships were in their coloring.
>>
>political games are fine!
>make game about blacks and Muslims being subhuman criminals
>steam bans the game and my account as well

I guess only some politics are okay
>>
>>388418124
I know this is bait, but what people with that mindset don't actually realize is that a white person creating a white person by default isn't making some kind of statement. They're just doing it. It's the default in their mind because that's what they are, and their family and possibly the majority of where they live. They're not intentionally trying to make the majority of media white. They're just not intentionally making it non-white.
>>
>>388422854
holy shit u dense nigga of course not all art is gonna touch upon politics, the point i made is that in general art has explored politics since mankind started making it
>>
>>388422924
Steam is a private organization and has the right to deny service to people who are massive faggots. If you don't like it, you can find somewhere or someone else to publish your game.

Why is it that /pol/fags don't understand how the free market works?
>>
>>388423102
Why are you putting words in my mouth? Don't pretend society is perfectly okay with political thought if it actively suppresses what isn't mainstream
>>
>>388423285
You don't seem to understand how the free market works, friend. You conflate society with private business. As a private business I have the right to deny people like you my time and effort.

You are not being suppressed. You are being told to fuck off by one business owner. You can find someone else to publish your game.
>>
>>388418052
Isn't that a good thing though, video games may not be safe from the cancer of politics but at least many people play or make them for the sake of pure enjoyment
>>
>>388422948
The bigger point to make, actually is that politics are largely a product of interpretation that is pot onto the fiction, rather than an inherent part of it.

The left is the one who came with the "Everything is political" thesis. It's an interpretation code, and it's as valid or invalid as you yourself decide it to be: its a normative, not objective process.

The problem is that the decision to treat every piece of fiction as political has some pretty deep and potentially pretty disturbing implications and consequences. The left banks on those: they literally imposed this idea to increase the scope of their own power and influence (gaining right to criticize and dictate what is acceptable or innacceptable in domains that were previously thought to be better treated as private).
What baffles me is that people decide consciously to actually AGREE with the left-wing "everything is political" claim. Because it's not TRUE unless YOU DECIDE TO AGREE WITH IT. Yet people act as if it was an objective fact. And that is what is really fucked up here.
>>
>having the most typical video game consumer depicted in video games is a political statement
>another element of the straight white cis male patriarchy, if you will
Get your hands off my vidya you commies.
>>
>>388423415
Not (you), but giving the ability to decide which games you put on your platform is a political decision.

Everything is political, everything is art, and you have to point it all out.
>>
>>388418052
That's because for as much as I love video games, video games themselves are an immature, anti-intellectual hobby, which isn't helped in the least by gamers being a bunch of whiny, stupid, immature idiots.

That could change in the future, though.
>>
>>388422241
How was that contrarian? If anything, I'd say you're the one being contrarian.

When you watch Mexican soap operas and all the characters are Mexican, you don't consider it a political statement. When you watch Japanese anime and the characters are Japanese, you don't consider it a political statement. When a show created for black people (Prince of Bel Air for example) features primarily black people it is not considered a political statement. It is only considered "making a statement" when white people do it.
>>
>>388418052
Because there are certain movies specifically made for political bullshit and no one but critics watch them, a political videogame is just a popular series only now they've added a bunch of SJW shit this time.
>>
>>388424056
>show created for black people
>Fresh Prince

All prime time TV shows are created for white people because white people are the mass audience in America. This includes all "black" shows since the Cosby Show, to Fresh Prince, all the way up to Blackish. This is why they are made palettable for whites by making them functional family units in middle to upper class homes and little to no social dysfunction.

An actual "made for blacks" scripted show is more like Keye and Peele, or the Chapelle Show, where they actually play on black culture and stereotypes as in-joke winks to their black audience rather than just creating a white people sitcom with black characters. Fresh Prince having "Very Special Episodes" where they deal with race is largely just the "for white audiences" version of racial examination. While those sitcoms will have more black audience than say, Married With Children, they are still built for white people consumption because they drop everything that your standard Nielson family would be turned off by like broken homes, drugs, crime, black culture, etc.
>>
There are two factors that can be considered if we want to understand what stirs up so much bad blood about this subject matter.

A) videogames existed for very long time in a highly sheltered, disconneted reality that did not heavily reflect real world - both in their approach to storytelling, and the discourse that surrounded them. They also aimed at such audiences - often socially mal-adjusted individuals who sought refuge in them.
This made the sudden shock of the major political pressure being leveled at games over the course of mere months so jarring.

B) while political and social commentary has always been part of all media and arts, it has rarely been treated as their main purpose, and more importantly, virtually all media have been established for so long, and accessible by so many authors that they reflected relatively balanced and pluralistic landscapes of ideologies and philosophies. Works with leftist agendas, works of conservative agendas, theist agendas, nihilistic agendas, post modern works, works without a discernable political agenda at all, true works of art that reflect the complexity of real world and reject simplification of an ideology too.

Games, on the other hand, did not have time or space or means to developed such a complex, balanced rooster of ideas, ideologies and perceptions.

Now cue 2011, and the radical push for political transformation of games, which - let's not kid ourselves - came from the growing, radicalizing left above all. A small group of mostly ideologically like-minded people proposed that games are forced to reflect their over-reaching, instrumental ideology and attacking those who oppose such idea. Various political counter-points had emerged since then, but the initial push - and majority of the contemporary one - was not from a balanced set of views. It was completely one-sided. Games must reflect modern leftist world-view.

It's not surprising that sudden, JARRING confrontation ended up in a shitstorm.
>>
>>388424490
>A small group of mostly ideologically like-minded people proposed that games are forced to reflect their over-reaching, instrumental ideology and attacking those who oppose such idea

Back to r/conspiracy with you.
>>
>>388424998
Remember how Gamergate went? The journos had an agreement by themselves to talk shit about it. How the articles came at the same time? Technically that is a conspiracy.
>>
>>388424998
There is no conspiracy. I wish you retards would learn the difference between conspiracy and ideology.
>>
>>388418052
I just want politics out of all those things. I miss fun.
>>
>>388425292
You are a mental child.
>>
>>388422462

Or maybe I just don't want to talk about politics and play the game.
>>
File: 1502497907783.jpg (128KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1502497907783.jpg
128KB, 1200x900px
>>388418052
Video games are clearly political. The fact is this board has been co-opted heavily by /leftypol/, neogaf and reddit and with the mods help they have turned it against /pol/ after 3 years of war. When somebody here reees at politics they're not actually reeing at politics, they're reeing at /pol/ and everything it stands for, as it opposes their deluded world view.
>>
>>388424442
you know nothing, the show was literally created as a favor to will smith by quincy jones, will smith having become bankrupt despite his moderately successful rap career. also the show won an award by the NAACP

>it's for white people because the main characters are rich, the families aren't dysfunctional and it doesn't depict broken homes drugs and crime
holy shit you just went full nigger
>>
>>388425738
Nothing you just said contradicts anything in my post.
>>
>>388424442
I would argue shows like Key and Peele or the Chapelle show are equally made for whites as the Fresh Prince, only they are more modern takes on the genre. Basically, now white people enjoy seeing more ebonics and "we wuz slaves and sheeit, dem cops be raciss" in their media because they feel better about sympathizing with these characters, especially with social media as a factor. If the characters were all well-off living in upper-class homes people would complain about it.

The people who would not watch it due to black characters are equally as likely not to watch the older shows such as Fresh Prince.
>>
File: 1436183152010.jpg (167KB, 490x547px) Image search: [Google]
1436183152010.jpg
167KB, 490x547px
>>388425692
I just realised. To the lefties, everything is political. Since they arent making games, it means the rightists are making them. This shit is scary as fuck.
>>
>>388419205
Wouldn't it be just as political for the scenario to end in your ideal fashion?
>>
>>388426094
>it means the rightists are making them
spat out my drink laughing hard
>>
>>388418052
I hate that fucking emoji so much
>>
>>388418180
/thread
>>
>>388426003
except for the fact that the show was literally created for a black man?
>>
Because the people making the games lack the capacity for subtlety and it's just hamfisted as fuck 99% of the time.
>>
>>388426094
>I just realised. To the lefties, everything is political.
You got that right. Yes, they are impossing a narrative in which everything that does not propagate their beliefs is inherently a threat to them: that is where the "everything is political" comes from. They are not the first or the last to employ this strategy. It's just kinda terrifying how successful they have become, in a society that has been in many ways designed to AVOID making the same mistake again.
>>
>>388425692
>the way we teach our students to make games is political

Explain this shit to me. Do they lecture their programmers on race and culture?
>>
>>388425423
Nah, I'm an emotional child.
>>
>>388426339
Have faith in generation Zyklon. The fire rises
>>
File: 10380325.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
10380325.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>388426290
Will Smith is no the audience of Fresh prince of Bel Air lol how stupid can you possibly be?

Last (You) kek
>>
Video games are raw escapism.

And other mediums have been lost to politicization already. Those fights are done and dusted.

So the question ends up being something like "Hey we clipped everyone else's balls off! You're the last holdout!! What's the problem?! C'mon!!"
>>
>>388426375
>Explain this shit to me. Do they lecture their programmers on race and culture?
I would not be surprised that they would if they could get away with it. But I'm pretty sure they are aiming more at designers, writers, producers than the code monkeys.

>>388426428
>Have faith in generation Zyklon
So far what I see is alt-right, which is the exact same evil in different shade of grey: not only that they and their means actually just contribute to the growth of left, what they actually offer is equally as bad anyways, so even if they did not just end up fueling the left to a final victory, they will end up causing nothing but harm and shit all around.

No, right now there is not much to have faith in. Alt right is not preferable to radical left, and their presence is a symptom of things going wrong, not a cure.
>>
>>388426339
I believe they are successful because west hadnt had any problems inside the borders.
We've had it so good, when someone cries hard enough, it is automatically thought someone has encountered something horrible, and it must be corrected

Good times create weak men etc.
>>
>>388418052
Because the liberals who used to defend videogames from the overbearing right/conservatives, went full retard puritan and started protecting corrupt journalists and videogame corporations.
>>
Video games can be political and can sometimes do a good job at it.

Stormcloaks/Imperials, NCR vs Legion vs House, Spec Ops indiscriminate killing etc... Whatever your feelings on the actual game, the fact it can still inspire long debates on /v/ shows that the political message has a connection to contemporary events. I think its often on the "how" they do it that is imporant.

And what is more important is that most forms of media are "passive", you sit down and watch TV/Movies/Play wheras a video game gives you some form of agency to experience the medium. If the game hamfists a message it causes dissonance and ruins your feeling of agency because you are not really in control of your character.

This is more easily acceptable in a TV show for example, because you are not that character, you are only viewing how a character reacts to things.
>>
>>388418052
Video games are interactive. Film isn't.

Take for example that Hidden Niggers film about "Nasa Scientists". It's a lot more agrigious to play out the blackwashing of history than it is to watch it. I mean, film is very much interpretation.

You can watch a film and say, "That's a neat story, but, it's obviously an embellished story", where as with games, it's "I just did that".
>>
>>388419205
That episode happened years before the migrant crisis was a thing retard
>>
>>388418052
Because for a really long time the gaymur mainbase has been filled with manchildren escaping into fantasy realities. They couldn't care less if a game is derivative shallow garbage as long as it takes their minds off their shitty lives.
Yes, I know this is a "strawman"; I don't care it's still true.
>>
>>388418180
/thread.
>>
>>388418052

Various thinkers have pointed out that leftism is a kind of religion. Leftism is not a religion in the strict sense because leftist doctrine does not postulate the existence of any supernatural being. But, for the leftist, leftism plays a psychological role much like that which religion plays for some people. The leftist NEEDS to believe in leftism; it plays a vital role in his psychological economy. His beliefs are not easily modified by logic or facts. He has a deep conviction that leftism is morally Right with a capital R, and that he has not only a right but a duty to impose leftist morality on everyone.
>>
>>388426720
>Good times create weak men etc.
Kind of an oversimplification of what's been going on.

Boomers I've met listen to precisely none of the real issues, even when they were the ones that brought it up. They want enough time to pontificate how things should be, how it was when they were young, and when you correct them on the differences, and the real grievances they're suddenly late for something most pressing, most pressing indeed sah.

These are good times, and there are strong men, but the old fogeys don't listen to the knowledge freely being thrown at them. Imagine the Titanic with a night vision x-ray telescope mounted on it, but the same exact outcome. That sorta thing would require a boomer.
>>
>>388426094
>>388426339
Everything in society is political whether you think so or not.
>>
>>388426720
>I believe they are successful because west hadnt had any problems inside the borders.
I think the problem is a little deeper, and I would not say that West had no problems outside of their borders over the last 75 years, during which this shit has been going on. Remember 68? Yeah... No, they are successful because of a variety of strange factors all converging. The disillusion after WW2, the Semiotic Turn in philosophy, the precise focus on external threats that failed to acknowledge internal ones, and a bunch of shit too complicated to name.

But the reality is - they are here. Shit should have been dealt with sooner, but it was ignored. Now it maybe a little too late, but it's better to fight the ideology now than to give up entirely, I guess.

The problem is, it seems that rather than addressing the ideology upfront, people seem to rather form shit like the alt-right movement. Which basically means admission of defeat even before any actual form of intellectual resistance could have been formed.
>>
>>388427107
Reeses peanut butter cups is in society.

Tell me what's political about it without setting up the trapeze.
>>
>>388427114

To be fair, there's never really been any attempt at compromise.

Trump suggested we should control our borders better, and instantly half of America thinks he's a fascist.

If mild immigration reforms get you branded a fascist, you may as well go the whole hog.
>>
>>388426624
This. SJW are closer to Big Brother than ever before. It's probably too late. Western civilization lost.
>>
>>388426375
> Do they lecture their programmers on race and culture?
Have you not played modern games? Japan were inserting token blacks into their games 2 decades ago.
>>
>>388427107
>Everything in society is political whether you think so or not.
That is precise OPPOSITE of true. Whenever you interpret something as political depends PURELY on what you chose to do. Everything is political only if you DECIDE THAT EVERYTHING SHOULD BE VIEWED AS POLITICAL.
And that is the absolutely most important lesson you absolute fucks need to learn. It's not an objective fact of life. It's a narrative that you chose to follow. It's entirely, purely your responsibility, your decision, your call.

There is an INFINITE number of possible interpretations of the reality around you. People select the ones they find most relevant or useful for their existence.
YOU DECIDED that it's most useful to YOU to follow political ones above any other. At least be fucking decent enough to admit that and stop hiding behind some shitty fucking metaphysics of politics, you cowardly cunt.
>>
>>388427270
The left just has to be ignored and ignored and ignored until the dust has cleared.

What the alt right is doing is kicking the ball into their own net.

It's like.. We were winning. We were WINNING you fucking morons. Now they're getting giant drums of the exact fuel they were asking for. Holy shit.
>>
>>388424442
>rich successful family
>white people sitcom with black characters
Are you black?

Are Martin and The Boondocks a "white people show" too because the characters have values that aim higher than the expectations of mainstream American and African American culture?
>>
>>388427239
>the means of its production
>the regulation of its ingredients
>the marketing
Easy.
>>
>>388427319
>It's probably too late. Western civilization lost.
Okay kill yourself, we have enough defeatists around here already.

Christ.
>>
File: 1324839575207.png (18KB, 626x551px) Image search: [Google]
1324839575207.png
18KB, 626x551px
>>388427270
>mild immigration reforms
10/10, you should go into stand up
>>
>>388418052
vidya is escapism. politics is to be escaped from.
>>
>>388427270
>To be fair, there's never really been any attempt at compromise.
Well, of course the LEFT is not going to compromise, that is kinda their whole deal. But yeah, the lack of possible compromises and communication between both sides is absolutely terrifying. I don't care that much about particularities of Trumps politics, or miniscule details of american laws as I'm not american myself, but the whole thing is indicative of how insanely polarized the whole discussion has become, and how insanely difficult it is to actually engage the problem pragmatically, rather than from an extermist ideological perspective.
>>
>>388427070
Religions are not necessarily theistic. Religions are collections of practices/customs in communion with others based on belief.
>>
>>388427479
They're so mild, Hillary voted for them a few years before she ran for president.
>>
>>388418052
>a product is political
Wow, I wonder if selling something gets you to push an agenda to sell more of those things.
>>
>>388427457
That's stupid and requires too many degrees of separation.
>>
>>388427342
Pseudo intellectual mumbo jumbo.

Everything in society is done for a political reason or is a by-product of a political decision, whether you are aware of it or not.
>>
>>388427592
Nah you just wanna use that as a jumping off point to interrupt any subject with what you intend to talk about.
>>
>>388426720
>Good times create weak men etc.
Literally everyone who quotes this is a weakling with no experience of the hardships of life.

Emigrate to Somalia if you want to be a hard man, you pathetic fuck.
>>
>>388427592
>Pseudo intellectual mumbo jumbo.
If you refuse to actually think about the things you believe, then you are a dogmatic, a believer (and a fanatic on top of that) and everything you say should be mistrusted. You are literally a puppet parroting beliefs that other created, incredibly easily manipulated: just an instrument somebody is using to persue his own goal. Congratulations.
>>
>>388427929
I disagreed with him too but you're a dumb douche.

Go play with a tree branch or something. Adults are talking.
>>
>>388427553
And Willy.
>>
>>388427501
You can only play vidya because politicians allow you to and because certain political ideologies/decisions lead to the creation of the technology to do so and gave people the ability to create them.

If the government outlawed video games you couldn't play them.
>>
>>388427929
Im not going to argue your point, but what kind of hardships would you mean?
>>
File: 1503833659180.jpg (78KB, 340x314px) Image search: [Google]
1503833659180.jpg
78KB, 340x314px
>>388428007
>Adults are talking.
Shut up you fucking imbecile.

You don't know shit, which is why outer you're having your in-depth political/philosophical discussion on the video games board of 4chan.

Pretentious idiot.
>>
>>388428064
This is the most eye-rolly counterpoint I've ever seen.

Yeah, I guess if you were forced to stop, you'd stop. And therefore politics.

Now shut the hell up.
>>
>>388418319

Teen Titans Go
>>
>>388428000
>muh subjective reality
Facts don't care about your feelings.

>>388428162
You sound like a woman.
>>
>>388428140
You don't even know which other posts I was boy.
>>
>>388428235
My point is that it doesn't matter, because this entire discussion is fucking garbage and only an idiot would think otherwise.
>>
>>388428162
>oh yeah well you're right but it's like dumb because muh interpretation of what is real
kek
>>
>>388428234
>You sound like a woman.
Yeah well you sound like everyone who thinks they're the first one to say 'Facts don't care about your feelings'.

It's like in a script where a character says "Keep your friends close" And you're already expecting them to say "And your enemies closer" but they hang on it like they're about to say something brilliant and you've never heard this before. And THEN "And your enemies... Even closer..."

And you wish you had the writer in the room with you so you could chuck a lamp at him. "Shut the FUCK UP writer."

You saying "facts don't care about your feelings" is not a new one, and unless you're talking to an SJW, which we aren't, has no power of presence.

>FACTS DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS!! >A< https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArSLNJNUEIM
>>
>>388428064
The government outlaws all kinds of things and people still do them.

Also, your statement doesn't refute his in the slightest. It's like saying everything is based on sex; you can only play games because people had sex to produce the people who created those games, which they did because they need money to attract a mate for sex. It doesn't mean playing games is having sex, or that all games contain sex.
>>
File: 1458744494438.png (9KB, 178x178px) Image search: [Google]
1458744494438.png
9KB, 178x178px
>>388428497
Oh you! :^)
>>
>>388418052
Because we're not a fucking cartoon or movie board are we?
>>
>>388418052

Steven Universe goes pretty far out of it's way to not be political with some rare exceptions in certain episodes

Like they could be shoving shit down your throat but they're not
>>
>>388428234
>Facts don't care about your feelings.
It's not subjective reality. It's normative reality.

Here is a fun fact. Do you know who pushed this "everything is political" narrative? Can you name the essay and it's authors that gave birth to this claim?
Do you know what their intellectual groundings were? Can you name their philosophy, describe the reasoning behind it?
What do you REALLY know about this claim? How do they define "political" and why they believe it needs to be identified like they do?
Do you realize that the claim was never descriptive, but rather perscriptive?

What DO YOU ACTUALLY KNOW about the claim you are parroting?
>>
File: fight-scene.jpg (207KB, 1200x928px) Image search: [Google]
fight-scene.jpg
207KB, 1200x928px
>>388428574
Video games are chemistry because the people made them had to breathe air.

Well well well, the tables have turned. What do you have to say to THAT?
>>
>>388428645
Stealth concession accepted.
>>
>>388428497
>its like in a script
>and the guy says
>and THEN he says
>and then harry potter kills voldemort
Yeah, it's just like that "reality" you base your reasoning on like all leftists. Are you going to bring up a GoT reference next?
>>
>>388428682
The entire plane of existence as we know it is merely a simulation, and nothing is truly real.

Therefore, video games are not real.
>>
>>388428670
>normative
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>388418052
Because videogames are the manchild's last bastion of escapism.
>>
>>388418052
>all stage plays are political, any movie with a shot at winning awards is expected to be political, tv shows and even cartoons are getting more and more political
because these are mostly owned by big bussiness, which is in bed with politics. You either are part of circlejerk, or you don't exist for mainstream.
>>
>>388428883
I didn't reference a single proper noun.
Who are you grandstand about what I might possibly reference next?
Next? You can't have a next if there wasn't a first, you assless mandrill.
>>
File: 1394906655737.jpg (26KB, 220x246px) Image search: [Google]
1394906655737.jpg
26KB, 220x246px
>>388428993
Post a photo of yourself.

Let's have a look at you.
>>
>>388420585
Do you want to know why? Two reasons.
Reason one is that white males are who most of said video games are marketed towards.
Number two is that you can do anything you want with a white male. MC, antagonist, side character etc. But as soon as you do anything with anyone else, to use a recent example, a black women Nazi in CoD ww2, people go apeshit. And now using a white male is ALSO a political statement. Why can't we make characters for who they are not what they look like?
>>
File: 1472176811209.jpg (81KB, 848x848px) Image search: [Google]
1472176811209.jpg
81KB, 848x848px
>>388429180
Be gentle.
>>
>>388428987
Well, then you just further proved that you are incapable of being a judge of these things, that some words actually scare you so much that they literally cause you to shut your eyes and over your ears, and that all around, you are an absolute piece of garbage.

Fun fact: You are using the claim that "facts don't care about your feeling" when defending a philosophy that stated "if empirical science and our moral obligation towards Marxist ideals ever find themselves at odds, then we must reject empirical science."

That is the reality. You defend a philosophy of the most anti-empiric, the most aggressively idealistic and utopist philosophy that exists out of religious fundamentalism. And you defend it using the words "facts matter".

Also, you admit that you don't actually have an argument. You don't know what you are saying, and you are too cowardly to admit it. That is why you make a convenient excuse to avoid answering my questions.
>>
>>388429490
please be in london
>>
>>388429472
>being this much of a neo liberal faggot.
>>
File: 1497566131042.jpg (29KB, 618x466px) Image search: [Google]
1497566131042.jpg
29KB, 618x466px
>Have randomly been on some DCAU kick ever since watching all of the Batman AS and Superman AS on Amazon Prime
>Bought Justice League S1, S2, and Unlimited and have been watching that
>Female characters like Lois Lane and Wonder Woman are powerful and sexy while still being allowed to be women (Lois Lane spends almost as much time in a damn negligee as she does her clothes)
>The one time they do a GRRRL POWAHH thing with Livewire everyone in-universe calls her an insane feminist bitch
>Wonder Woman is frequently criticized in her early appearances for mocking or otherwise ignoring men

What I'm trying to say here is it's almost like... Gee I don't know, you can write females as being human and real, as well as being sexy fapbait, and it not mattering because it's so damn good you just don't care if once in a while you get an overly long shot of Wonder Woman's ass in the middle of the screen because she's about to start wrecking some serious shit.

That's what my problem is with inserting "politics" into games. Look at Uncharted 4. The villain in that game was some horse-faced nigger woman who beat the shit out of Nathan Drake for no real reason other than I ARE STRONG BLACK WOMYN. In fact, almost all modern women or minorities in recent video games are just perfect superbeings who can win instantly with no effort because otherwise that's ray'ciss or sexist, and that's terrible. They're all just perfect, idolized versions of liberal wet dreams written by rooms full of skinny nu-males whose only experience with black people and women are their neighbors five houses down in their parent's suburbs. Look at the bullshit in Andromeda, you have the HELLO I AM TRANS NICE TO MEET YOU I AM TRANS fucker and the whole great big masturbatory "lore" thing about DA WEFUGEE MUSEUM SO BRAEV AND COOL. It's horribly forced. And that's what this shit all boils down to, you can't just have something cool, you gotta force an agenda with it. And that's why it fucking sucks and I hate it.
>>
File: 1416630677785.jpg (27KB, 420x322px) Image search: [Google]
1416630677785.jpg
27KB, 420x322px
>>388429472
>Why can't we make characters for who they are not what they look like?
MLK SYMPATHIZER. RACIST.
SON OF A BITCH.
GET EM
>>
>>388429490
4/10, learn to wear a fitted bra
>>
File: yawn.gif (458KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
yawn.gif
458KB, 500x283px
>>388429602
tldr
>>
>>388429925
Outsider here. You're a cunt. Never do this.
>>
>>388429925
When losing an argument, start pretending that you are shitposting!
Sure kid. If it helps put what is left of your mind at easy, do what you must.
>>
>>388418052
Because being interested in politics is the new hip thing for normies because they saw their favourite celebrities bashing the administration
>>
File: cr.gif (1MB, 447x326px) Image search: [Google]
cr.gif
1MB, 447x326px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXCkxlqFd90
>>
>>388429703
Are you fucking serious m8
>>
The other things get outcry too, you just aren't aware of it because your only social interaction with people besides your mom bringing you tendies is here on /v/.

ESPN has had almost a 50% decline in viewership over the past year because all they ever talk about is Kaepernick and how he should be given a job immediately or it's racist, despite him being statistically one of the worst QBs in the history of the NFL.
Hollywood in general has had a huge decline in revenue because almost every movie is a political statement or revisionist history.

(((They))) are trying to force politics to the forefront of everyone's mind intentionally. You can't brainwash the masses if they just ignore your propaganda.
>>
>>388430448
>your mom bringing you tendies is here on /v/.
Can someone explain this stupid ass meme.
I had someone on youtube say it and I was like "What the fuck nonsense probably-from-4chan is being spouted at me. Why chicken tenders."
>>
>>388418052
>stage plays
>movies
>tv shows
>cartoons
Unlike videogames, all of these are utter garbage. Of course we want to keep the cancer that is modern politics out of videogames, lest we end up like the mediums mentioned above.
>>
>>388429753
Best post in thread, pham
>>
>>388430008
>implying i care
blow me
>>388430037
Is winning arguments on a video game board all you care about?
>>388430392
>why cant we just make characters for what they arre not how they look #sodeep
gay af famalam, who the fuck even cares? Just give me big tiddy waifus and a protag that isnt voiced by a faggot with mind numbing pc dialogue. Oh wait, i cant have that because of left wing politics, fucken /pol/!
>>
>>388430774
Find something interesting to do.

And then do it.

Or not interesting, but productive. You could also do that.

But one of the two.
>>
>>388429490
MILKIES
>>
>>388418319
>No one is batting an eye at that
Are you sure?
>>
>>388430448
>Hollywood in general has had a huge decline in revenue because almost every movie is a political statement or revisionist history.

ESPN is valid but I don't think this is a factor contributing to people not attending movies so much anymore. People only go to Marvel movies and other adaptations because movies are becoming increasingly expensive, Netflix and other competition exist now whereas in the past there was either nothing at all or you had to wait for a shitty VHS or your DVD etc. But now everyone has home theater systems and can just wait a couple months to watch infinite new movies on Netflix or even just pirate them easily online.

I think that movie theaters going downhill financially is less to do with content and more to do with people not wanting to spend the money to go take a chance on seeing a movie that's not an adaptation of material they know they're guaranteed to enjoy and would rather just stay home and enjoy the endless movies they've never seen already online.
>>
>>388430876
Thanks Dr Phil, how virtuous
>>
>>388429602
>Well, then you just further proved that you are incapable of being a judge of these things,
Not an argument
>>
>>388429753
>almost all modern women or minorities in recent video games are just perfect superbeings
Wrong.
>>
>>388418052
> old entertainment is full of propaganda
>why are you resisting propaganda in your new entertainment?

There is no reason for us to support them. Their ideologies should die together with the old fuckers trying to worm into the kids minds over gaming.
>>
File: 1503748371337.png (148KB, 325x352px) Image search: [Google]
1503748371337.png
148KB, 325x352px
>>388420585
>Having the most common demographic represented as common is wrong
>>
>>388431004
That was a terrible comeback. To be expected.
>>
>>388430564
dumb meme about "betas" with undeveloped palates ordering tenders at shitty restaurants they've never been to
>>
>>388431014
For the most part he's right. It's a risky move that you're pressured against making on all sides. Even if you have the balls to do it, your coworkers, overhead, and marketers might not.

Do you know what Kamiya had to go through to keep glasses on Bayonetta? Imagine that just worse.
>>
>>388431232
Ah, I thought it was just the SJWs that tried to criminalize the most sensible things in the world.
>>
>>388424442
Just admit that you're racist and don't like white people, it'll be a lot quicker.
>>
>>388431387
well they turned it into a meme about manbabies ordering tendies or having their mommy make them
>>
>>388431132
>point out how you're a condescending, pretentious pseudo intellectual in as effortless a manner as possible
>"wow nice comeback NERD lol thx for the karma"
kys
>>
>>388418052
Politics isn't inherently deep or interesting. Most of the time people just rehash the same pleb shit everyone else covers
>Racism
>Freedumb
>HITLER
>>
File: don't shoot.png (440KB, 644x522px) Image search: [Google]
don't shoot.png
440KB, 644x522px
>>388418052
Whenever someones says they want "politics" in games, what they actually mean is that they want only their side to be represented while acting like no other possible viewpoints exist: http://archive.is/BBJFE
>>
File: 1503602184432.gif (884KB, 375x304px) Image search: [Google]
1503602184432.gif
884KB, 375x304px
>>388425692
>they're not actually reeing at politics, they're reeing at /pol/ and everything it stands for
Dont act like /pol/ is innocent, if you fags kept political discussion on its dedicated board no one would give two shits. BUT NO, you have to derail every fucking thread with your retarded memes and then have the gall to blame r*ddit for the state of this shitty site
>>
File: 1463517099473.jpg (90KB, 388x446px) Image search: [Google]
1463517099473.jpg
90KB, 388x446px
why must games, cartoon, and other media be political? i just want to have fun and be entertained and get away from all this mess, not have it shoved down my throat
>>
>>388432773
>>>/starbucks/
>>
>>388430774
>Is winning arguments on a video game board all you care about?
Hardly all, but yes: I actually care about being right. Or wrong: both are beneficial to me. Aside from taking sheer pleasure in the act of discussion, it's also how I consistently challenge my own views to see if they actually hold up and are still reliable, or if it's time to abandon them and improve.

It's a good thing. You, on the other hand, waste time on this board just like me, except you do it without even the possibility that you leave the discussion smarter than you were.

You do it purely and exclusively to make others marginally more miserable, and by proxy, feel yourself a little better even though you have no right or haven't done anything to deserve that feeling.
>>
File: not fair.png (19KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
not fair.png
19KB, 633x758px
>>388432828
damn, u got me
>>
>>388433196
>all these implications
>i challenge my views and intelligence on the video games board of 4chan
kek, another pseudo reddit fag getting off to the smell of his own farts
>>
>>388433196
debating is pointless to figure out the truth, a good debater can win any argument if even he himself doesn't believe what he's arguing.
>>
File: 1501290446948.gif (2MB, 320x193px) Image search: [Google]
1501290446948.gif
2MB, 320x193px
>>388432828
SSSick burn bro
>>
>>388424442
exactly, nobody wants to watch a sitcom about a "real" black family because you just turn on COPS to see it
>>
File: 1502975496684.png (44KB, 334x225px) Image search: [Google]
1502975496684.png
44KB, 334x225px
>>388434418
>>
>>388433761
Well, it's pretty obvious that the shitposting is integral to your existence, so keep doing what you need to do, I guess.

>>388434071
That is very much false. You can't expect to learn everything through debating, but it is one of the tools that can be incredibly beneficial. And it's not true that any debater can win any argument if he is good enough. At best he can exploit his opponent - which however requires intellectual dishonesty, and thus defeats the very point of the exercise. And not everyone allows you to exploit in a debate. Two honest people discussing can achieve great progress and improve their knowledge of the problem considerably. And even one honest debater can benefit even from a discussion with a dishonest one, even if he will not manage to convince him.

I debate and teach for whatever little is my living too. Even the matter of actually putting your thoughts into a consistent and comprehensible fashion is a skill you have to train. Similarly you do have to learn your ways around the more obvious dishonest strategies (all dishonest strategies also have their weakpoints through which they can identified and pointed out).
Finally, it would be delusional to assume that I'm always arguing correctly or honestly myself: letting others poke holes in what I'm saying is a good way to be made aware of things I myself might have fucked up.

Plus, again: I just find all of this very entertaining, it's a good distraction. That does not require me - unlike the shitposter above - to be dishonest or abusive to other beyond acceptable level. So there is value for me in that too.
>>
>>388429753
Eh, I kinda agree with this actually. I think a lot of the crying over the politicization of video games is partially a bunch of bitching and crying about games including more non-white characters but the way minorities and women are handled these days is just different. I liked that female characters got called out on their shit all the time in cartoons and shit back in the 90's or the early 00's. Now (with women especially imo) it's like they can do no fucking wrong. For as much as I want to reach through my monitor and punch all the alt-righters bitching about MUH DISCRIMINATION JUST BECAUSE THIS NEW GAME HAS A BLACK FEMALE CHARACTER, it's not like the writers for recent video games, beyond maybe Overwatch, have proven that they know how to write minority or female characters.
>>
This post is political
>>
>>388434639
You're a redditor, we get it.
>>
>>388427342
>>388428000
>>388428670
>>388429602
>I played MGS2 once and it was the deepest thing I ever experienced
>>
"X is political" means, unless X is making a blatantly political point like "raise the minimum income", "I have an opinion on X therefore it is political"
>>
>>388418124
everything creative is a politcal statement when you think about it
what you choose to portray and what you choose to not portray will always have an agenda
being "apolitical" when everything about our culture is becoming more and more political is a political statement by itself
/v/ somehow thinks videogames exist in a vacuum outside everything else
>>
>>388436440
Uh... what? Did you misquote the post or something?
>>
>>388437928
Only a fucking autist doesn't get what he's implying
>>
Conservatives nowadays are led by rich old men who dont feel like they owe anything more to society and poor conservatives who enjoy feeling superior over women, coloured folks even poorer folks and the gays. If thats not possible then watching those people in agony is also acceptable.

Democrats nowadays are led by rich old men and maybe a woman or two who feel everyone except themselves owe society. The rank and file of democrats are now cosmopolitan liberal elite who care about virtue signaling and being offended over things that dont matter for 95% of people.
>>
File: 1450912855635.png (53KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1450912855635.png
53KB, 625x626px
>>388422202
MGS Series, Red Dead, Bioshock, GTA pre-4
>>
>>388420281
>You're not going to be told about how racial tensions are being inflamed by wealthy interest groups

This. Leftist and Rightist news organizations literally just peddle the same shit to each group.
>>
>>388420756
This.

It's less about 'get all politics out of my games' and more like 'get your shitty political fingerwaggling out of my face'.

GTA has always been political, but nobody cared, because it was part of the world they made, and it wasn't some dev going "i'm gonna educate these stupid ignorant gamers, because i'm on the right side of history."

If you actually want to make a game about being trans, then do it. If you want to make a shitty game with a trans character who's in it so you can get social media points, get fucked.
>>
>>388421798
This.
>>
>>388420961
are you reall this retarded? take a look at japan for example, they dislike pretty much all foreigners just because they arent japs seems like a preference thing to me
>>
>>388421798
can we just use this and /thread?
>>
>>388423102
This argument is getting old. It's still censorship, even if it's not the government doing it. Just because they have the right to do it, doesn't mean that it's beyond criticism, or is right.

The whole idea of freedom of speech was to allow unpopular opinions to exist and be heard.

If Steam or Spotify or whoever the fuck was out there kicking "progressive" or "liberal" games out of their platforms, because they didn't like their message, everyone would lose their shit.
>>
>>388423415
Being suppressed by corporations is no better than being suppressed by the government.
>>
>>388424442
so all black people just live in ghettos and hovels? what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>388427457
thats not the fucking reeses cups, thats jaun and pablo in the factory getting paid 5 bucks an hour, thats politicized not he chocolate
>>
>>388424490
The most accurate representation of this situation.

>>388424998
First off, conspiracies exist, and second off, this was not a secret. All of the people doing this were out in the open, outwardly declaring their intentions. That is not a "conspiracy". That is just people trying to force their politics on other people.

People would care a lot less about "SJW" videogames, if those same SJWs didn't also attempt to force other people to do everything by their standards, by way of harassment, social pressure, and threats scaling from attempting to get people fired, blackballed, and ostracized, to violence.

This is not hyperbole. One of the biggest issues I have with the Neo-Left, is that they all seem to believe that the ends justify the means. You can punch someone because they believe in something you find abhorrent. You can ruin somone's livelihood, and jeopardize their children and family, because they said something you didn't like.

That's wrong, and no amount of vigorous mental gymnastics makes it acceptable.
>>
>>388418401
>he doesn't know about the anti-communist episode
>>
>>388442601
>All of the people doing this were out in the open, outwardly declaring their intentions. That is not a "conspiracy". That is just people trying to force their politics on other people.
Oh dear God, you have no idea how glad I am to see someone saying this in this fashion. There is still some semblance of common sense in the world after all.
>>
>>388427270
This. You can't just say "hey, illegal immigration is not sustainable, maybe we should rework our immigration system so they can come here legally." otherwise you're a racist.
>>
>>388419109
It's true that people are more trusting of those that are approximate to their own phenotype. It's the same reason you probably love your family more than you like your friends, and you like your friends more than you like strangers. It's also the reason you trust your own judgement more than that of others. You can observe this readily in animals, too. It's an evolutionary defense mechanism that's essential to life. Self-interest/tribalism can never be suppressed, nor should it.
>>
>>388423102
>IT'S A PRIVATE COMPANY THEY CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT
Gettin real sick and tired of this shit. Like we need to be explained what the law is. Like we're not demanind that the ethics of it be justified.

If we wanted to hear "That's what the law says!" we'd be arguing with women about divorce courts you fuckknuckle.
>>
>>388419645
>Social and cultural impacts and divides are the product of arbitrary cultural prejudice
>They're not the inevitable symptom of inherent genetic differences, and I refuse to accept that answer because hitler
>>
>>388443718
>Self-interest/tribalism can never be suppressed, nor should it.
Oh shut the fuck up. You're clawing for excuses to be intellectually lazy.

The change you'd propose making is PERMANENT. And there's a better way, making it unacceptable.
>>
>>388418124
It only became political after the invasion of millions of mongrels and (((femminism lenses)))
>>
>>388445367
Pro tip, stop with the triple parenthesis. It gives the left the victimhood fuel they want.
>>
>>388443143
I know anon, trust me, I know.

I remember thinking Gamergate could have been good, but it was just the beginning of a clusterfuck I could not have even imagined.
>>
>>388445851
Gamergate WAS good.

If a bully fears the possibility of losing a tooth, he is not gonna fuck with the person the same way, regardless if his weight class dictates he'll easily win the fight. They'll still be missing a tooth.

Gaming hasn't been castrated yet. It's GOOD that it happened.
>>
>>388446331
But nothing was really gained. I mean, it seems like SJWs moved on to BLM and shit, but the game magazines are still doing the same shit, and the game companies are still doing the same shit.
>>
>>388446331
No, it isn't. It was inherently dishonest, and if you are being dishonest, you'll cause more harm than good and that is sadly an universal truth. And academic debate CANNOT BE HANDLED BY FORCE OR INTIMIDATION. If you accepted that, you just destroyed academical discourse. Completely. Which is the one thing we wanted to protect, right? Not let the left take a hold of it completely? Well DESTROYING IT is contraproductive.

All it did was to support the ideological narrative of A) left being victims or those who stand up for those who were victimized, and B) justified the narrative of their opponents being mindless aggressive brutes that can't make a point without relying on intimidation.
>>
>>388445781
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to parenthesize.
>>
>>388446837
Kinda this. GG was good until fucking idiot /pol/tards and other retards who couldn't fucking handle or contain themselves decided that the best course of action was to troll and just generally be unruly shits.

DESU, GG was kill when that stupid fucking idiot YouTuber managed to become one of the main faces of it.

IA was and is a fucking retard. He's literally one of those like alpha wannabe nerds. The kind that wears fedoras and trenchcoats and shit, but also has boundless self worth, and at least one idiot chick on his dick, so he thinks he's king shit of the nerds, when in reality he's just an asshole.
>>
>>388446743
>But nothing was really gained.
Nunununununo.

Yes there was. You don't remember the huge shift in journalism policies after this? If you have to ask what they were, I can't even begin to tell you.

As for the cancer you still see, be patient. It was never gonna be a cleansing fire.

>>388446837
Oh.
You're wrong.
Shut up.
>>
>>388446872
Tribalism is nonsense.

Never partake in it yourself.
>>
>>388444076
Niggers can fuck right off and you can join them.
>>
>>388448690
I can't believe you said that!

That's crazy!!!

Unheard of.
>>
>>388420281
>games portraying nazis as evil is propaganda

really activates the ol almonds
>>
>>388418052
that's why movies, stage plays , tv shows and cartoons are garbage
>>
>>388429472
>Reason one is that white males are who most of said video games are marketed towards.
this doesn't have to be the case. women and minorities play games too y'know
Thread posts: 250
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.