[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it really a bad game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (20KB, 189x266px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
20KB, 189x266px
Was it really a bad game?
>>
>>388417286

No.
The formula was even better than boost gameplay.
How it stands at 63% on meta is a mystery to me.
>>
>>388417286
It did come out after colors and generations so it was shit in comparison to those.
On its own is just as ok as other sonic games that no one talks about
>>
>>388417286
Yes, Sonic is the worst game series still going. It honestly deserves to die.
>>
>Tries to add "depth" to the combat by adding in a kick
>Said kick is functionally the same as the homing attack (jump, zip to enemy, take out enemies around the first)
>The only meaningful difference is some enemies only take damage from one of them, usually damaging you if you use the wrong one, the only way to find out which is eating shit from trial and error.

I think this one mechanic sums up how clueless the entire game is.
>>
>>388417691
kill yourself you dog anus
>>
I'd rather have a sequel to this game than Sonic Forces.
>>
I like it. I find myself replaying it more than Colors. Probably my 3rd favorite 3D Sonic after Generations and Heroes.
>>
It's a mixed bag of concepts, with none of them executed well. It stands as proof that Sonic Team should never try freeform 3D platforming again.
>>
>>388417286
yes
>>
It was a fantastic concept executed terribly
With polish and care the formula could potentially save 3D Sonic
>>
>>388417286
It's an alright game, if you forget it's got Sonic on it.
>>
I thought it was fun enough though definitely flawed. I wish they'd give the parkour-ish gameplay another chance with some polish (and no fucking wisps) since I think if done right it could be the best play style Sonic's had in 3D. At least, it's better than boostan if nothing else.
>>
>>388417286
The first world and a good portion of the second one are solid. It's at the third world (the tropical beach one) where the level design just becomes a complete trainwreck.

It at least looks good, and has some good tunes, and even after the third world there are still some 2D sections that are pretty well done, but in my opinion it's still a below average game.
>>
The wiiu/pc version is honestly a blessing. But the 3ds version does sucks
>>
>>388417286
It's not a bad game per se, I just found it to be really fucking boring.
>>
I thought it was really bad personally.

That fucking level where you were stuck in a snowball was garbage. In fact, the only good level in the game was the Zelda-themed DLC stage.
>>
File: Yakuza.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>388417286
This is "Interesting mechanics done wrong: the game", pretty much like Advance 3. It's not a bad game on it's own, just needed more time, because its gameplay is far better than boost. And this comes from an Unleashedfag. My only complaint is the run button, get fucking rid of it.
>>
>>388417286
No, it had some pretty cool ideas. I had the 3DS version, so I can't vouch for the Wii U version, but I enjoyed what I played of it. I could have done without the bonus stages with the gyroscopic controls. They were pretty bad. Skippable, but bad.

Generally speaking, I quite like it.
>>
>>388417286
yes and ill explain what i personally disliked about it. levels were tubes, its completely linear with very little challenges implemented because wonky as fuck controls. at the end of every 20 second tube is a 10 second animation where you do not do anything but WAIT. i had never felt so bored while playing a supposed action game which is why it is a bad game, it is mediocre
>>
>>388422136
>which is why it is a bad game
>it is mediocre
Dude pick one. Is it bad or mediocre?
>>
>>388422237
its bad because it is mediocre? how is a game i didn't enjoy not bad?
>>
>>388417286
>great aesthetics
>good music
>boring level design
>shit bosses even for Sonic standards
>2D sections in a 3D game
Well it definitely wasn't a good game.
>>
>>388421968
They should have done the opposite of the run button, and just had Sonic slow his stride instead of speedup. Then you would please the casuals/critics who can't handle fast, but still design the game around a certain level of speed. You could also tie it into his parkour elements, requiring him to either slow down, roll, or tackle obstacles at full speed depending on the situation which would add an extra rock-paper-scissors element that could be used to access higher paths.

They were on to something, but in typical Sega fashion they dropped the ball and will never touch it again instead of trying to improve.
>>
>>388422401
>great aesthetics
>good music
This is common in almost every Sonic game, save for some exceptions like Chronicles having terrible music and Forces looking terrible in general.
>boring level design
>shit bosses even for Sonic standards
>2D sections in a 3D game
That's every boost game in a nutshell.
>>
>>388417691

t. Mario fanboy
>>
>>388422473
Basically this.
>>
>>388417286
It's a garbage platformer, the parkour concept is the only thing it had going for it but just like the whole game the execution was awful. Just a forgettable and dull experience at best with shit level design.
>>
Like most modern sonic games, the only thing really good about it is Ohtani's soundtrack, everything else is mediocre to bad, momentum, especially in the 2d segments, felt fucking horrible.
>>
>>388423151
I still disagree with these opinions.
>>
I really wanted to like it but I couldn't.
>>
File: CaXBFwwWYAAE5NI.jpg (48KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
CaXBFwwWYAAE5NI.jpg
48KB, 600x338px
>>388417286
Another shitty test, like there wasn't enough already. After Sonic '06 it's a test after a test, it would be better is they just stuck with the old concept and refined it rather than start a new train with every game and move for one station.
>>
>>388417286
I don't think it was bad, but it had a few problems.

Cons
1. The kick attack is completely unneeded and detrimental. Homing attack for everything would have been fine.
2. Many stages (particularly the 2d ones) had some pretty unfortunate "gotchas" and the game in general was very punishing of failure in ways that felt "cheap"

Neutral
1. The Zeti are hit or miss in terms of whether they are annoying or good. I personally enjoyed them.

Pros
1. Great soundtrack
2. All pure 3D levels are pretty good, bar the snowball one which is merely tolerable.
>>
>>388417516
>listening to metacritic
>>
>>388418247
>>388422680
>being this blind
>>
>>388417286

All Sonic games are bad games.
>>
>>388426114

>being retarded
>>
File: 1389862490232.png (599KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1389862490232.png
599KB, 1366x768px
It was good enough for me.
>>
>>388426401
Most of Zeena's art is surprisingly good.
>>
>>388417286
no
>>
>>388417286
It's more missing the point than bad but it does get ugly at times.
>>
>>388417286
No, but it wasn't great either.
>>
It was mediocre at worst. Soundtrack was really good too, as always.
>>
>>388419649
underrated post
>>
>>388426401
>haughty
>vain
>fuck me eyes
>dsl
She was easily the best thing about Lost world.
>>
>>388430496

I met that guy yesterday.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.