[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>most overpowered weapon in the history of the franchise >new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: image.png (60KB, 296x228px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
60KB, 296x228px
>most overpowered weapon in the history of the franchise
>new patch out
>no nerf
>mfw
>>
>shit range
already balance bro
>>
it's bugged, doesn't have damage fall off but is clearly supposed to.
just test the slosher weapons and you'll find that when you're above a target damage falloff is applied, however when you're at the same level as the target if it hits it always does the same damage no matter the distance
>>
>>388389021
>most overpowered weapon in the history of the franchise
you clearly didn't play Splat1. And a bigger balance patch is coming out in September. They were just giving small buffs to some of the worse weapons now. God forbid they take a more measured approach to balancing a game and wait for the meta to settle a bit before dishing out nerfs
>>
File: 1501687348961.gif (631KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
1501687348961.gif
631KB, 300x224px
>>388390098
>pre patch rollers, krakens, inkozooka, eliters/burst bombs, splash walls, 96 gal, all non rapid blaster but mainly lunas, ninja squid, ink resistance, tentatec/octoshot, dynamos

Good times. Good times....
>>
I'll take the trislosher over panic button specials from the first game.
>>
>>388390598
>OP shit every way you look
And now these fucking squibs are complaining about shit like the octobrush. It's hilarious. They wouldn't have lasted a minute in the original game
>>
>>388389021
>history of the franchise
>2 games
>>
File: 1503633405859.jpg (37KB, 640x319px) Image search: [Google]
1503633405859.jpg
37KB, 640x319px
You realize you're playing a game meant for little babies, right?
>>
>>388389601
>same range as the splattershot
>>
h
>>
>>388389673
except that's how it's intended. It has no horizontal damage falloff in exchange for killing slower than every weapon in the game in a duel and having vertical damage falloff. That's how it worked in the first game too.
>>
>>388393905

no1 cares about gook graphs and charts go away
>>
>>388389673
It's not a bug. The latest patch removes damage fall off from the normal slosher weapon (in salmon run only).
>>
Buckets are so dumb. Huge range so you can only feasibly kill them if you sneak up on them.
>>
Why is the trislosher so much more common in splatoon 2 than in splatoon?
>>
File: 1473353627154.gif (144KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1473353627154.gif
144KB, 180x180px
>>388389021
>in the history of the franchise
I don't hate this game anon, but you can't act like that's a big accomplishment when there's only two games in said franchise.
>>
>>388397563
Tri was super common in one...at lease before the zink mini popped up. Even then it's pretty popular.
>>
Anyone else miss the broken specials from Splat1? Sure they were bullshit but they were more fun to use (except last second Inkstrikes in Turf War, fuck that shit)
>>
>>388393905
So is Halo, what is your point?
>>
>>388398918
I kind of miss them, but in 2 they're a lot more involved tactically and rewarding when you succeed in doing something cool. Though you do feel worse when you accidentally do something stupid with them.

They just need to make the Sting Ray easier to use and the specials in 2 will be perfect. Also nerf the curling bomb launcher, please.
>>
File: 1500958272961.png (107KB, 245x267px) Image search: [Google]
1500958272961.png
107KB, 245x267px
>>388398918
>most ranked matches came down to whoever used inkzooka, bubbler and krakens to team wipe or get the last few inches in tower control better
>>
I sincerely doubt it's more OP than the 96 Gal, E Liter Scope, or Luna Blaster from the original game
>>
Is tranny crap still being posted to the miiverse or did they finally stop?
>>
>>388400056
it stop.
Now everyone is claiming for Calli's return.
>>
I can't wait until we get a version of the Sloshing Machine with a special that isn't hot garbage
>>
>>388389021
Anytime I see a bucket I just back the fuck off. If you play any short ranged weapon that's NOT a bucket and you're not running around and flanking all the fucking time, you're doing it wrong. Go ranged and just pop the buckets from range.
>>
>>388390598
True, true.

>People make fun of aerosprays in turf wars
>Try to be different
>Go for dynamo camping
>Get amazing at it
>Even after the splat 1 nerf, was amazing at it, even if I hardly ever killed anyone
>Pick up 2
>The dynamo's horizontal fling was severely nerfed

I understand why they nerfed rollers so they actually have to aim to kill people, but the only advantage the dynamo had as a choice was with flick splash range. With that gone now, its single handedly the worst roller. I haven't reached high enough level to try the flingza yet, but from what I have heard, it is just as bad, with no advantage over the other rollers.
>>
>>388391673
>first game
>splat roller coming at you
>start shooting, and it goes full kraken and kills you

>second game
>splat roller coming at you
>start shooting, and it goes full splashdown and kills you

Dunno, seems like nothing has changed to me.
>>
>>388398918
I miss bubble, inkzooka, and kraken. They were all fun to use.
>>
>>388401913
This. Shit was fun. Fuck Balance.
>>
>>388393905
Tons of people play Overwatch too.
>>
>>388393905
>implying that's bad
“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”
― C.S. Lewis

Yes, I'm playing a game meant for kids, what's your problem with that?
>>
>>388389021
I love splatting tri plebs with my superior normal slosher.
>>
>>388402267
There's a big difference between enjoying things targeted towards kids and playing a title competitively that's aimed at and played mostly by kids. Might as well go down to your local elementary school and start slamming kids down in whatever games they're playing and then post on 4chan whatever bullshit you saw to complain.
>>
>>388401827
Shoot them in the air.
If you can't do that, swim backwards slightly.
Splashdown is probably the easiest special in the game to counter.
>>
>>388402448
go to sleep barneyfag
>>
>>388389021
I really hate the slosher fire rate and ink consuption. It just needs to be slightier slower, just a tiny bit.
>>
File: 1480373968263.png (84KB, 425x431px) Image search: [Google]
1480373968263.png
84KB, 425x431px
>When the opposing team has a very good sniper that controls the field while the one in your team is an absolute shitter but you can't get mad at him because that one time you tried to be a sniper you brought the team in utter defeat
>>
>>388404203
Snipers (like in most games) are the reason a team wins or loses. I pretty much never use them since there's a chance I might go 2 - 20.
>>
>>388401827
Either shoot them in the air or squid away from them in a straight line.
>>
Why is the refresh rate so, so bad in this game? It feels like every single match I'll get the jump on someone, dump ink in the back of their stupid fat head, and then they slowly turn around and splat me instantly.

I really don't look forward to paying an additional 20 bux a year for this experience.
>>
>>388404763
US servers or something?
I literally never had problem in the EU ones as opposed with the first game were Nips ruined everything.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.