[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of The Evil Within?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 7739849835.jpg (776KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
7739849835.jpg
776KB, 1920x1080px
What does /v/ think of The Evil Within?
>>
>>388386901
I enjoyed it
>>
Psycho Break is a better name.
>>
Decent RE4 style horror that could have benefited from better controls but is still purty good.
>>
>>388388524
wasn't that the original name?
>>
>>388388524
thats a pretty dope name actually
>>
The Gamescon demo for the sequel leaked.

Seb was recast.
>>
File: 1496264877670.gif (3MB, 366x325px) Image search: [Google]
1496264877670.gif
3MB, 366x325px
It's pretty good. I can't wait for the sequel which promises to be even better.
>>
>>388386901
I didn't really finish it but I planned on going back to it and giving it a proper playthorough. Of what I played of it, I was mostly just confused at the constantly changing environments. But it was mind fucky, so I was having fun with it for the most part.
>>
>>388390352
Yeah, I was thrown off by that as well. The game doesn't really have a story since everything is too damn confusing. It's really hard to tell how far in the game you are since their isn't really any geography and you're just teleport to the next location without any warning or reason. Despite that, it's a good game with amazing visuals and truly fantastic lighting.
>>
Not good enough for a sequel.
>>
>>388390295

He sounded too much like Ruvic.

I hope my hubando Joseph shows up with his nigger wreking axe again.
>>
>>388390624
He's confirmed to not have died at the end of the game, so we might see him if he's in STEM again.

Few things to note from what I saw in the demo. Since the game is mostly open, load times are a non-issue. Also, I think I saw a few QTEs.
>>
My favorite part of the first one is the safe rooms. They're comfy as fuck and they fuck with them through the game.
>>
Is there a way to fix the letterbox on PC? I run a 2560x1080 monitor, and playing this game with that aspect ratio with a forced letterbox is distracting.
>>
>>388390964
You should be able to disable it from the settings?
>>
Start of the game is pretty rough around the edges but it's a pretty long game. There's plenty of fun surviving to do and the devs never stop from pulling the rug from beneath you in new, interesting and occasionally frustrating ways.
7/10 RE4 is better
>>
File: 20170826124054_1.jpg (426KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170826124054_1.jpg
426KB, 2560x1080px
>>388390964
Flawles widescreen
>>
I just didn't like that there was ammo laying around everywhere but you just couldn't pick it up because you only hold like 6 bullets without investing upgrades into capacity. Early on when it's more of a "stealth" game it wasn't a problem but in the mid-late game when it's non-stop shooting action it's so annoying. Especially since capacity is the most boring stat when you could get more bang for your buck with damage or upgrade the crossbow to get those overpowered flaming bolts.
>>
>>388390964
Open up the setting menu, you mongoloid.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.