[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nintendo Switch 2.0 (NEW-XLi)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1451424947720.png (1MB, 2422x850px) Image search: [Google]
1451424947720.png
1MB, 2422x850px
How long do you think it'll be until the Switch gets an upgrade that fixes it current issues? I refuse to buy one until then.
>>
>>388381404
Who knows but it'll get an upgrade.
>>
they don't do anything they would make selling accessories incompatible, and hardware is very unlikely to change as well

a revision may change the dock style (not function), maybe do something with speakers and audio ports, possibly make the kickstand different too
if there's a game you want, get one, don't bother holding out, it's never worth it because for everything they improve there is always something made worse
>>
>>388381404
Did the Wii U get a revision? If not I doubt the Switch will.
>>
>>388382101
The 3DS had several revisions, I'm pretty sure the Switch will have at least one revision in it's lifetime before the next generation leap.
>>
File: thisisfine.png (11KB, 167x161px) Image search: [Google]
thisisfine.png
11KB, 167x161px
>>388381404
>XL switch
>it's not portable!! too bulky and can't fit in my pocket!
>mini switch
>the screen is too small! i can't play multiplayer on the fly and the resolution is garbage in 2017!
>>
Switch doesn't really need a revision like their other systems did.

The GBA had no backlight and required batteries. The OG DS was an ugly, bulky abomination. The 3DS was a cramped un-ergonomic POS with only one analog stick and a tiny ass screen for a portable device in 2011.

The Switch on the other hand is nearly perfect hardware wise. It's pretty comfortable for Nintendo handheld, it's about the same size as the 3DS XL (the most popular model of the system) when you remove the joycons, has a nice screen, etc. It's also modular so if they wanted to add more buttons or a proper d-pad or a camera or something, they could just release a new set of joycons.

I guess they could make a more power efficient Pascal based one with similar power but greater battery life. But not anytime soon seeing as how their already struggling to manufacture enough of the current Switch to meet demand.
>>
>>388386321
The Switch is cheesy plastic that is already seeing massive bending and rail slipping issues with under six months of use.
>>
>>388386524
and apparently a switch XL is going to fix that?
>>
>>388384870
See if they do a revision they should just get rid of the big bezels on the display by bringing screen size to 7" and keep it the exact same form factor
>>
>>388381404
Just buy one and trade it in at gamestop if an upgrade comes out, you'll only pay like 50bux in the process. 50 bux is not worth 1-2 years of waiting.
>>
I wish Nintendo would quit fucking around and start competing with actual home consoles that are on par with their current generation instead of using gimmicky nonsense.
>>
>>388386524
>massive bending and rail slipping issues

you mean those same two or three images that were circulating back in the spring that everyone then forgot about? if this was as widespread an issue as you say it is we'd still be hearing about it
>>
>>388387510
You have the Wii to thank for that.
>>
>>388382101
>Wii got 2 revisions
>DS got 3 revisions
>GBA got 2 revisions
>3DS has had 4 revisions
The Wii U is the odd one out to be honest anon, but it only sold 12 million units. I would be very surprised if we didn't see a Switch Lite(TM) with better battery life and a built-in Microphone
>>
>>388387510
Why?
>>
>>388387568
http://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-bending-problems-are-still-a-thing-1797887104
>>
>>388382101
Wii U didn't get a revision not because it was a home console, but because it was a dead fucking console.
>>
>>388387510
>gimmicky nonsense

You can think that but I'm really enjoying having Portable Sonic Mania.
>>
I want a revision that doesn't have a portable mode
>>
>>388387636
Because I want them to focus their innovation and creative talents fully on their first party titles. Imagine for a moment how incredibly gorgeous an Animal Crossing game could be on something as powerful as a PS4, how much space they'd have to add new items, areas, update the graphical fidelity. Imagine how Breath of The Wild could have looked like the E3 preview.
>>
>>388387876
But anon.
The whole point of it being a Switch is the fact it can switch from a home console to a handheld.
>>
>>388387871
All in saying is that if consoles are holding back the industry like PC friends say, then handhelds are doing the exact same thing to console gaming.
>>
>>388387971
I got my switch on launch day and haven't taken out of the dock after the first week. The portable mode is worthless to me.
>>
DS came out in 2004 and didn't get a hardware revision until 2009. 3DS came out in 2011 and didn't get a hardware revision until 2014, 2015 outside of Japan. So I wouldn't expect a hardware revision for a good while.
>>
>>388387969
but what does that matter if the gameplay is still good...?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.