[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yakuza Kiwami

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

File: yakuza-kiwami-ps4.jpg (173KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
yakuza-kiwami-ps4.jpg
173KB, 800x800px
Just why the fuck shouldn't I play this game, /v/? Is Majima Anywhere seriously THAT bad?
>>
>>388378615
Just ignore the autistic purist/elitists retards.
>>
Anyone follow Hyper Bit Hero on Twitter? He hasn't stopped complaining how the original games look better and that the new remakes will somehow ruin the original games.
>>
If you're poor and dont have any other ways of experiencing the series, play it. It's just a thing that splits people about recommending a game which essentially has the best combat of the series which may make it difficult to replay older games
>>
>>388378834

I've played through 1, 2 and 3 and am interested in experiencing a remake of the first two. I don't care about whatever retarded purity people consider 2005 jank to have.
>>
>>388379008
In that case, the Kiwami games will feel different enough from the PS2 originals to feel like remixes. Try to play 5 and 0, those are fun games though.
>>
>>388378615
So is majima just ambushing you for fights, or is he going to be showing up in R/C racing and other non combat minigames?
>>
>>388380524
He's like mr shakedown.
>>
>>388380524
He shows up, you beat him and get some kind of upgrade. Each time you beat him he'll be slightly tougher the next time he shows up.
>>
>>388378615
It doesn't have the glorious english dub
>>
>>388378785
He never said that at all.
>>
>>388378785
>He hasn't stopped complaining how the original games look better and that the new remakes will somehow ruin the original games.
Shit, really?

I always knew I liked that butch lesbian. Good on him.
>>
Playing through 3 right now and man, what boredom that fucking orphanage is.
>>
I've never played a Yakuza game before. Is Kiwami a good place to start?
>>
>>388381809
KILL THIS ARROGANT MOTHERFUCKERRR
>>
>>388383141
No, start with Dead Souls. Don't be fooled by the fact that it looks like a spin-off, it's actually the best place to start the series.
>>
>>388378615
Im not playing the game because no ps4 yet
also

>LETS FUCK THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>388378615
Buy it just so you can get mad at the Jingu fight
>>
>>388383141
>>388383207

Are you insane? He should import a copy of Kenzan. It's chronologically the very first game in the series.
>>
>>388383207
>>388383584
So...no?
>>
>>388383704
These guys are idiots. Yes, it's fine.
>>
>>388383704
No anon, I'm just memeing. Ideally you should start with 1 on PS2, but if you don't have a PS2 or can't emulate then Kiwami is fine.
>>
>>388383584
Even jokingly,
>ever telling anyone to start with the first chronological game
>>
Now that these games have attention /v/ wants to complain. I just preordered this and IF it is good I'll play 0. Since Im so slow I will decide what to play next like a year from now.
>>
>>388383704
Yes, you can start with it or 0. Or you can emulate/buy 1 and 2 and see how the games have evolved.
>>
>>388383141
>>388383704
I'd start with Zero because Kiwami is basically a Zero expansion pack
>>
BRING
>>
THAT
>>
SHIT
>>
>>388383848
>>388383916
>>388384013
>>388384078
Well I was considering Kiwami because it's on sale on my local store (steelbook and all). I'll get Zero if I like Kiwami enough.

Thanks!
>>
KAZUMA
>>
>>388378615
It's bad if you are planning to max out the dragon of dojima style by the final chapter. But that is not mandatory and you can finish the game just fine on Hard using the 3 default styles.
>>388380524
He also challenges you in bowling which you can easily and get free points.
>>
>>388383704
Kiwami is a remake of the first game so it should be fine. I noticed some of the karaoke songs reminisce about scenes and characters from Yakuza 0, but you can always go back to it another time since Kiwami is a remake of the true beginning to the series.
>>
>>388384272
Is the DoD style the same as it was in 0? Because for some reason I didn't like it as much as the other styles in 0. Maybe it's just from playing the other 5 games in the series where he basically had the same moveset throughout
>>
>>388384078
Why start with like the 7th game are you retarded
>>
>It's a video game
>Access it anyway you want

Is it really that fucking difficult?
>>
>>388384490
Because it's easier for people to get into the series, and if they like it they can go back.
If the person no longer has a ps2 and/or doesn't have any way to emulate the games or want to go through the trouble of setting up an emulator to play a pretty clunky game with a bad dub, why go through the hassle for a series you may not even like all that much?
No need to get so angry at people starting at different points in the series, Hbit. They can still enjoy the series without starting at 1
>>
>>388384414
I have not maxed out the style but apparently you can unlock sway cancel which allows you to cancel out of your attack by dodging mid combo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdQH6sG0qd0
>>
GO
KILL
THIS
ARROGANT
MOTHER
FUCKER
>>
>>388384614
>It's one video game
>In a franchise that has a lot of them
>Which are connected plot-wise
It is -kinda- difficult.
>>
>>388386101
They all, except 5, have recap videos of previous games. You really can start anywhere. Hell most people started with 3 since 1 and especially 2 were so hard to find by the time 3 came out.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.