[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sonic 06 is good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

This game is the ultimate pleb-filter.
The wonky controls and camera, and the extremely long loadtimes which punish any failure, make for an amazing horror/suspense game.
I'm being serious.
Playing this game with the intention to beat it is honestly nerve-wracking. You will clench your ass so often. There is so much stress on you to complete everything the first time because the cost of repeating everything is so high. And you never know when the game might just throw you for a loop because of bad controls or camera angle or something. It's genuinely terrifying.
The art design, music etc. all enhance the experience as well.
>>
>>388378560
I'd agree with you if the level design wasn't made shittier by the controls leaving you dying without knowing why.
>>
>>388378560
>Game is so horrendously bad and broken it makes the game really difficult
I mean I honestly can't argue with that, it's hard for all the wrong reasons but still hard nonetheless.
>>
chaotix is good
4 is good
fuck haters

also heroes is good too, but that gets less hate

shadow is ok, but not bad
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TfaJ46jZQ8
>>
>>388378560
Your opinion does not anger me.
>>
>>388378865
Chaotix is only good on music, graphics and special stages. You can't honestly believe the core gameplay is worth a damn
>>
>>388378692
It really depends where you stand on the whole "do games have to be fun" debate.
These game is not fun in the way earlier Sonics are. However, it's good in the sense that it's builds immense suspense and fear. If the controls were smoother, level design crisper, it would take away from the experience.
>>
>>388379057
>"Do games have to be fun debate"
What the fuck kinda debate is that?
>>
>>388379035
it's fun. the rubber band mechanic works and it's a bit like DKC.
>>
>>388378560
Finally someone agrees! I hate this "sonic has bad games" meme, even the worst games are decent.
>>
>>388379057
This is actually how sonic fags defend their awful games
>>
>>388379057
Yea, I get what you mean by that extra layer of uncertainty, but you can only do that for so long before you just get burnt out.
>>
>>388378560
Man of taste.
>>
>>388378560
Nice copypasta, I wonder if the rest of them are in this thread as well.
>>
>>388379057
>"do games have to be fun" debate

Reminds me of the "do games have to be worth your time and money" debate.
>>
>>388380485
>"do games have to be worth your time and money"
Not if you pirate them!
>>
It's really fun to sic the game on a friend and watch them get frustrated at the bad programming and incompetent design
>>
>>388378865
Shadow would be really well received if it weren't memed to death over the tone and subject matter. Its the only 3D platformer with guns that really works imho, there's a lot of genius gameplay concessions like having Shadow freeze in midair with guns indefinitely that make it really fun despite some questionable (and some outright atrocious) level design.
And even that's understandable when each level has a ton of hidden secrets and different routes.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.